[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Retail 10.6.X on P5Q Series

Installed SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully?

• Yes
    • No

507 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I have already installed Snow Leopard on P5Q Deluxe motherboard with two Nvidia GT9500 cards. Everything work except the video cards. I tried NVEnabler, NVInjcetion, but doesn't work. How can I see, why?

Snow Leopard 10.6.3 2.83 Ghz QC Proc, 4G ram, Chameleon RC5 bootloader. I tried everything, what I found here in forum...

Did you try these kexts...?

http://www.kexts.com/view/170-videocards_%...2886-64%29.html

sorry, I found nothing in Preferences, it's empty, any other ideas?

Which motherboard are you using?

Use the latest FakeSMC 2.5 version

hi!

I have to type pmVersion=20 in boot screen to successfully load snow leopard, and than I replace the new SleepEnabler and from now on I can't boot into snow leopard... error says that I must press the shutdown button to restart..

Any Ideas why This error accured?

And I can't find the latest version of FakeSMC 2.5 (the latest version I found is from August 22nd 2009)

I've updated my Hackintosh to 10.6.4, replaced SleepEnabler.kext with the new one, and I've done the same trick to keep up my Ati HD4870 with full resolution and QE/CI...

No problem at all, Sleep active, everything is fine...

hi, i want to install snow leopard retail 10.6.3 on my p5ql pro with this tutorial, but my installation is over here(you see in the pic). the installation is stop there. what i need to do??

the pc is not blocked. the blue bar is running.

sorry for my english

post-493544-1276948834_thumb.jpg

hi!

I have to type pmVersion=20 in boot screen to successfully load snow leopard, and than I replace the new SleepEnabler and from now on I can't boot into snow leopard... error says that I must press the shutdown button to restart..

Any Ideas why This error accured?

And I can't find the latest version of FakeSMC 2.5 (the latest version I found is from August 22nd 2009)

Use the proper SleepEnabler kext from here according to your Snow Leopard Version.

Since you are not able to boot into SL now, you can download MacDrive, Install it in Windows and then you will be able to access the Snow Leopard Drive from Windows, now just delete the Sleep Enabler kext from the Snow Leopard drive and put in the proper kext there or I suggest not to use SleepEnabler.kext at all and then reboot into your Snow Leopard....

FakeSMC 2.5

hi, i want to install snow leopard retail 10.6.3 on my p5ql pro with this tutorial, but my installation is over here(you see in the pic). the installation is stop there. what i need to do??

sorry for my english

Is Firewire enabled in Bios.....If not then do it

Also you can try to boot using -x -v

Yes, I tried. If I use NVenabler, the system doesn't start.

Maybe the problem is the computer is running on 32 bit,but the enabler is for 64 bit. How can I run my computer on 64bit?

I am running it on 32 Bit and it works fine.....

You can try Natit.kext from here

or

use this version of NvEnabler

===================================================================

ADDED THE FOLLOWING STEPS IN THE MAIN POST FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT ABLE TO BOOT INTO SNOW LEOPARD DIRECTLY FROM SNOW LEOPARD DRIVE

If you are still not able to boot from the Snow Leopard Drive then follow the below steps

1. Repair the boot using Windows Vista / Windows 7 DVD and then boot into your windows or you can download PartedMagic Live CD and boot into Parted Magic and here open Partition Editor and give the Boot Flag to your Windows Drive and reboot

2. Now you will be able to boot into Windows.

3. Download Easy BCD

4. Install the software and then 'Run as an administrator'

5. Here click the Add/Remove Entries button

6. You can add Mac OS X and also Linux Entries here...save the settings and then reboot

7. Now you will be able to boot into Snow Leopard

sorry for my english

Roumanian : posibil ca DVD-RW e IDE, incearca cu unul sata sau extern usb.

English :I think you do not recognize your DVD-RW IDE tries to one SATA or external USB

sorry for my english

Hi there! I had the same problem, too. Actually, if you move the mouse, after a few seconds the screen will change and a warning symbol comes up and the words say something like "could not install could not restart" etc. Actually, everything is working fine. Simply reboot your computer to the USB drive AGAIN, and this time, move the arrow keys until the check mark selects your Snow Leopard installation (not the USB drive).

Hope that helps, I was agonizing over this.

sorry for my english

I had this problem yesterday when trying to install from a 10.6.2 SL directly (instead of 10.6 + update to 10.6.2 like in this guide).

Everything went fine when I restarted from a 10.6 "Install DVD".

Hope this helps.

Note: I cross posted this in another thread that had to do with dual cards

Alright,

Ive been looking for a solution for about a month now to my problem of getting QE/CI enabled and by using two different graphics cards, one for each OS.

Ill note that 10.6.2 is working flawlessly when running the 9600GT.

Operating systems:

Windows 7

10.6.2 running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

Graphics:

PEG1: nvidia 9600GT

PEG2: xfx 5750 radeon

Motherboard:

Asus P5Q Deluxe motherboard

P5Q doesnt have the ability to choose between PEG1 and PEG2, only PCI/PEG and vice versa.

Currently if you are running any type of P5Q series board this wont work as far as i can tell, UNLESS you have a PCI card and an PCI-E (PEG).

IF i switch my xfx radeon card with the 9600GT i can get it to detect in windows 7 but not in 10.6.2. This is because the P5Q when booting looks for the first card, once it finds it; it quits looking. Which is why Windows 7 and OSX will take whatever card is in the first PCI-E slot (if the seting is set to PEG/PCI).

Currently the only solution is either:

Run a PCI/PCI-E combo setup (and flip the PCI/PEG setting for whichever OS you're going to run)

Switch the cards out manually when you want to boot into either or.

Hopefully the end of June/July timeframe Apple will release their new products and a 5xxxx series card will be in the mix.

begun to feel sorry for my english google's fault

installation hangs with Preparing instalation so we left even for one hour

Why should I change

p5q motherboard

ati4850

I tried formatting the USB drive so the MBR Master Boot Record "to GUID Partition Table

please help

post-613015-1277575076_thumb.jpg

post-613015-1277575096_thumb.jpg

post-613015-1277575116_thumb.jpg

post-613015-1277575142_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I just followed step by step this tutorial, and i got the same problem with cippy969. I dont know why my installation gets stuck in the step: Preparing Installation

My computer configuration is:

CPU Q6600

ATI 4850

I also had this problem when using a 10.6.2 retail SL.

With 10.6, no problem.

Which version of SL are you trying to install ?

I use Snow Leopard Retail 10.6.3

I dont know why the problem with this version ???

great guide, but i have a problem.

system is as follows;

pq5 pro

q6600

4gb ram

ati 2600 hd

trying to install of either a external HD or a partion on an internal HD, but with both i get stuck at the screen with the apple logo and the loading sign. it literally just spins around for hours on end until im forced to boot back into leopard and try and find a solution. tried both modded bios, tried booting with (-x) and (-x-v cpus=1) but i still cant get past it.

any ideas?

great guide, but i have a problem.

system is as follows;

pq5 pro

q6600

4gb ram

ati 2600 hd

trying to install of either a external HD or a partion on an internal HD, but with both i get stuck at the screen with the apple logo and the loading sign. it literally just spins around for hours on end until im forced to boot back into leopard and try and find a solution. tried both modded bios, tried booting with (-x) and (-x-v cpus=1) but i still cant get past it.

any ideas?

I think it is because of your Graphics Card....Try using EVOEnabler in the Extra > Extention folder

-x results in spinning wheel screen freezing

-x-v results in leaving screen with apple logo/spinning wheel and then hanging on a blank grey screen

-v results in loading black screen with writing and then hanging on blank black screen (after a white flash)

ive looked in the 'help with ati radeon 4850...' thread you link to on the front page but im struggling as to how that could help me?

thanks.

Im pretty new here and very new to osx86 movement. I have an ASUS P5Q SE/R LGA 775 Intel P45, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel- total of 8GB, VisionTek 900244 Radeon HD 4870. I cant seem to get anything going...I have Hazards SL and another retail image and its been a failure for me.

My front USB ports arent working (they never did) but back ones do..though I cant find a way in the BIOS to get USB as a boot selection. Is my build even able to run SL?

Marvell kext for IDE HDD and DVD Drives: ASUS_P5Q_RX_MARVELL_IDE_DRIVER.zip Install this if you are not able to see the IDE Drive, otherwise no need to install this driver.

>> I posted this on the old thread before reading the previous post robert made on support on this thread. <<

I don't know if this has been posted but using the above text did not work on 64 bit. i do a kextload and it yields the wrong arc error. so I used the drivers here: http://www.kexts.com/view/87-appleviaata_f...ow_leopard.html

You don't have reboot with -f option. Just use kexthelper or kext installer to install the driver. then log into shell as root and type:

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA.kext

you should not get an output and your IDE drive/DVD ROM is now recognized. again i tested this driver on a 64 bit system.