[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Retail 10.6.X on P5Q Series

Installed SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully?

• Yes
    • No

507 posts in this topic

Hi. Thanx for the amazing guide! I just have one small problem. I've installed easyBCD for dual-booting, and added the mac entry, and even copied the boot.efi file. However, when I restart, easybcd never shows up. Windows 7 loads by default. I've reinstalled easybcd twice, but it never appears at startup. Can you please help me out? Thanx is advance.

In addition to my previous post, I can still boot SL by first loading from my USB, and then selecting the SL partition. But I want a way to load SL without using my USB.

Hi. Thanx for the amazing guide! I just have one small problem. I've installed easyBCD for dual-booting, and added the mac entry, and even copied the boot.efi file. However, when I restart, easybcd never shows up. Windows 7 loads by default. I've reinstalled easybcd twice, but it never appears at startup. Can you please help me out? Thanx is advance.

In addition to my previous post, I can still boot SL by first loading from my USB, and then selecting the SL partition. But I want a way to load SL without using my USB.

Not sure Dude......Maybe you can try to reinstall all the stuffs once again....

hi thanks for the guide saved me alot of headaches i have one problem i have a asus P5Q Pro Turbo and when i get into chameleon it will not boot osx without the thumb drive plugged in the desktop any sugestions?

hi thanks for the guide saved me alot of headaches i have one problem i have a asus P5Q Pro Turbo and when i get into chameleon it will not boot osx without the thumb drive plugged in the desktop any sugestions?

1. Download Easy BCD

2. Install the software and then 'Run as an administrator'

3. Here click the Add/Remove Entries button

4. You can add Mac OS X and also Linux Entries here...save the settings and then reboot

5. Now you will be able to boot into Snow Leopard

hey i have used the guide for both the retail and ideneb i have a Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Intel Core 2 Quad Q200 and GeForce 210 graphics card with a 1.5TB primary drive and two 302GB drives. i got the retail method to work but SL would not boot without the thumb stick plugged in the computer. and the ideneb method i get to were it boots then a message pops up saying that i must restart my computer. also i am trying to dual boot windows seven and im having some problems with the AHCI step in the instructions. any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

HI everybody!

Maybe beating a dead horse, but, did anyone updated to SL 10.6.4?

I'm on 10.6.2.

Do I have as always? Only have to remove old and put new sleepenabler.kext?

TNX!

EDIT: Nevermind, I've just read at netkas site that it's the same as 10.6.3

EDIT2: Just wanted to let you know that I´ve just installed 10.6.4 and everything is OK so far.

Hello

First, thank you for all your guides, they are awesome and have so much information, i have learn't alot!

Secondly, i have an issue. Using an Asus p5q se2, i followed your instructions for iDeneb installation, i flash the Bios using Smith@@ bios for my motherboard and then installed the OS. Installation completes with no issues and goes smoothly. The only problem is now that im trying to boot it up its not loading. When i try using "-v" to see the issue it says:

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI.

Im wondering if you have had any experience with this and know how to fix it as googling and checking other posts with the problem hasn't given me much information to get it working.

Thank you in advance for any information and help you can give me :(

Michael

(Sorry for posting twice, i saw your message after i clicked post)

First off, this guide is wonderful! I've gotten most of my machine working (including the Radeon HD4850 even though it really doesn't like my Dual VGA monitors). It's so nice being this close to a fully working quad core desktop machine! I'm loving the low audio latencies (even though the Firewire chipset isn't decent enough for my MOTU Ultralite...)!

Thank you so much for the hard work!

Now for the actual problem:

My machine is having trouble detecting my IDE/ATA DVD burner. I've tried a number of different kexts but the best I can get in the Hardware Profiler is "ATA Bus" without any drives under it. I've seen mention of this issue along with mention of it's fix but I still can't get it working.

The board is a P5QL-EM. I'm not sure what other information might be needed. I tried the following kext and it still doesn't work:

http://www.kexts.com/view/87-appleviaata_f...ow_leopard.html

Any help would be great!

~jamis

First off, thank you Robert for this guide. It's simple and easy to read.

I just installed Retail OSX SL on my cousin's P5Q board PC. The installation was so freaking easy and fast that I allmost can't believe it.

So far almost everything is working as it should on SL 10.6.0. Only things not working are ethernet (max dl speed only 300kt/s on a 14mb connection?) and audio, cause I haven't installed the drivers yet.

I'm going to update to 10.6.4 using your instructions, hoping that everything goes smoothly.

First off, thank you Robert for this guide. It's simple and easy to read.

I just installed Retail OSX SL on my cousin's P5Q board PC. The installation was so freaking easy and fast that I allmost can't believe it.

So far almost everything is working as it should on SL 10.6.0. Only things not working are ethernet (max dl speed only 300kt/s on a 14mb connection?) and audio, cause I haven't installed the drivers yet.

I'm going to update to 10.6.4 using your instructions, hoping that everything goes smoothly.

Please look at http://netkas.org/?p=382 before going for the update.

Best regards.

So I need to dload "NullCPUPM.kext" and install it into extensions.mkext, backup current kexts in the Extra folder, install the update and restore my old kexts to the Extra folder? Sounds simple enough.

I'm not using sleepenabler, so don't think I'll have any problems with that.

Can't get audio to work, also 10.6.4 update causes a kernel panic.

Does it matter if my HackHD has 3 partitions? One for Boot (I use it instead of the USB drive), one for the OS partition and one for the installation DVD.

Do I really have to use USB instead of a boot partition? Or can I just install using boot, then applly the myhackinstaller to the OS partition and erase the boot partition?

Does it matter if my HackHD has 3 partitions? One for Boot (I use it instead of the USB drive), one for the OS partition and one for the installation DVD.

Do I really have to use USB instead of a boot partition? Or can I just install using boot, then applly the myhackinstaller to the OS partition and erase the boot partition?

You can have a separate partition instead of USB Drive... You can apply myHackInstaller and then erase the Partition with the Installtion...

os so, i have a P5QL-pro with patched bios, and working version of leopard 10.6.1 however anytime i tried to upgrade, i got KP..now i plan to reinstall anything from beginning, should i follow this guide? there is a more specific package of kext should i use for my mobo?if i install the retail version ..would i be able to upgrade to 10.6.4 from sw update?

os so, i have a P5QL-pro with patched bios, and working version of leopard 10.6.1 however anytime i tried to upgrade, i got KP..now i plan to reinstall anything from beginning, should i follow this guide? there is a more specific package of kext should i use for my mobo?if i install the retail version ..would i be able to upgrade to 10.6.4 from sw update?

Following this guide I was able to install 10.6.0, I don´t know why could never install any other version.

But from there I´ve upgraded to 10.6.2 and then 10.6.4 that I´m running right now and it works flawlessly.

My mobo is P5Q dough.

Best regards.

Ok, first of, i got p5q-em modded bios, SL 10.6 retail installed. ;)

I got a USB HDD with 10.5.1 retail installed, 10.6 retail installed + 10.6 & 10.6.3 image files bootable partitions. :)

I'm booting with 10.5.1 where there is already myHack_Installer_1.0.1 on it so i already got the bootloader to see which HDD i need to boot on. :rolleyes:

Here is the problem :blink: , I don't know why, on 10.5.1 or 10.6 it can't boot normaly, i must boot with -x -v all the time why ?

I'm afraid to put the RoberT_Xes_Kexts because once i tried, i got a problem with "Package 0 didn't get an HPET" :D it seems that this problem is caused by AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement but Robert told us to put it in the extra folder for booting, i was unable to boot and i was obliged to fresh install again because i didn't find out the exact command in terminal to erase the faulty kext (if someone can hook me up with the exact command please) :(

Before updating sound and video ati 4850 driver i want to solve the boot issue just to load the system with all extension normaly, not with -x -v.

After that, i'll go for update 10.6.1,2 and 3. Am I obliged to get through 10.6.1 to 3 ? can't I go directly from 10.6 through 10.6.4 ???? :whistle:

Thank you for reading me, and thank you again in advance for your answers guys. :D

PS : you can simply explain me which kexts you used exactly and which options you put on your bootloader myHack_Installer_1.0.1 or chameleon, did you follow exactly all robert's kexts ??? thank you all, this community rox. i'm happy with 10.6 retail, but with no sound, no video, no extensions, it's a challenge to get through everything and get to 10.6.4, help me guys :D

PS : you can simply explain me which kexts you used exactly and which options you put on your bootloader myHack_Installer_1.0.1 or chameleon, did you follow exactly all robert's kexts ??? thank you all, this community rox. i'm happy with 10.6 retail, but with no sound, no video, no extensions, it's a challenge to get through everything and get to 10.6.4, help me guys :D

I´ve used exactly robert´s kexts. Only had to use the alternative FakeSMC, that is also located at the first post in this guide.

thx for the info, i got little update...following the guide i was able to install 10.6.4 on my p5ql, with internet and audio full working, however my 4890 dont work...i tried anything, and i got all from KP to blank screen...

on 10.6.1 everything work perfect, even in full 64bit, i used patched ATI4800controller x2000 and evoenabler kext....but from 10.6.2 nothing work, no patch from netkas or any others i try...seem im stuck with 10.6.1 for now, the only problem is that some sw work just on 10.6.2+

maybe i will change the card at this point.....

Big update guys, i succeded in updating 10.6 directly to 10.6.4, remember that i can't boot normaly, ONLY WITH -X-V

Now that it's done, i need to have the right kexts for Radeon 4850 and ALC1200, i've tried to install ALC1200_1063 & EAH4850 OSX Essentials & 7_radeon_hd_48x0_drivers Patched framebuffers for 48x0 and 3870x2 & QE_CI_Exotic_cards but still kernel panic

I've got 2 pics for you guys but my sony camera is not working with usb cable on osx 10.6.4 need USB Kext ?

I'm going on win7 to post the pics, see ya.

Here

dsc05254s.th.jpg

dsc05255sl.th.jpg

PS : I'm using chameleon bootloader Chameleon 2.0 RC4

have you installed snow retail following this guide? if so, just remove any extra kext you have installed in extra or extension, expecially the applehda and atix2000 kext...then you should be able to boot without -x -v you can boot with the usb if you have problem, after this try to install one kext for time, dont mix up things, use kext helper to install kext you may need...i will let you know about the alc1200 that should work without problem..

for me ive choose to change the videocard at this point. cuz everything else is perfect, better than my macbook

have you installed snow retail following this guide? if so, just remove any extra kext you have installed in extra or extension, expecially the applehda and atix2000 kext...then you should be able to boot without -x -v you can boot with the usb if you have problem, after this try to install one kext for time, dont mix up things, use kext helper to install kext you may need...i will let you know about the alc1200 that should work without problem..

for me ive choose to change the videocard at this point. cuz everything else is perfect, better than my macbook

Yes it work for me, i deleted The Kexts you told me its ok now i CAN boot without -x.

Yes i use the tutorial from robert.

Still to fix : radeon 4850, USB support hotplug, and sleepenabler ? Is it when i cant reboot but i can shutdown ? It stuck on Error is unmount of Home failed 45 net failed 45 don e MACH reboot....

One las thing, cpu cooler and motherboard cooler are too fast, they are quiet on win7 what do i need to get osx control The speed or temperature ?

EDIT : it was not CPU or MB cooler, it's RADEON COOLER....i'll try to install 4850 kexts + dvi2vga dongle