[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Retail 10.6.X on P5Q Series

Installed SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully?

• Yes
    • No

507 posts in this topic

Hi, thanks for the guide.

I am trying to get snow leopard installed, (on a Q6600, P5Q Pro, ATI HD4870), but I keep getting stuck at

(ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start – waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out)

I have tried:

Putting EVOenabler into the extensions folder,

Using the FakeSMC provided by Robert and also the FakeSMC 2.5

and I have enabled ACPI2.0 since the beginning.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

I tried putting all of Robert's kexts into the extensions folder, and now, I get stuck 1 line after (ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start – waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out)

Now, it stops after AttansicL1eEthernet: Ethernet address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

I replaced the numbers with x.

Again, would appreciate it a lot if anyone could help.

Thanks.

Thanks for care.

Now I have trade hd 4770 for gt9800. Get reolution by nvenabler 64 guide but stuck with changed id in the NVDAresman and

NVDANV50HAL kexts- stop in the cinsole apple power managment plugin...time out.

What to do?

Try Natit.kext from here http://www.kexts.com/view/170-videocards_%...2886-64%29.html

Hi, thanks for the guide.

I am trying to get snow leopard installed, (on a Q6600, P5Q Pro, ATI HD4870), but I keep getting stuck at

(ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start – waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out)

I have tried:

Putting EVOenabler into the extensions folder,

Using the FakeSMC provided by Robert and also the FakeSMC 2.5

and I have enabled ACPI2.0 since the beginning.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

I tried putting all of Robert's kexts into the extensions folder, and now, I get stuck 1 line after (ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start – waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out)

Now, it stops after AttansicL1eEthernet: Ethernet address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

I replaced the numbers with x.

Again, would appreciate it a lot if anyone could help.

Thanks.

Try using only required kexts like FakeSMC.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, EVOEnabler, and check if it is working.....try -x -v

Try Natit.kext from here http://www.kexts.com/view/170-videocards_%...2886-64%29.html

Try using only required kexts like FakeSMC.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, EVOEnabler, and check if it is working.....try -x -v

Hey, thanks. I realised shortly after that that the problem wasn't your method, but was actually the EVOenabler... I tried downloading a new copy and it worked.

Thanks again for this guide and your reply. Really appreciate it. Got my dongle working too. In the process of updating it to 10.6.4 now. Fingers crossed. :)

We have similar video cards, almost complete configuration. What you have done to have your card fully work?

If you can post the bios of your card it will be of grate help.

THX

Hi,

Ive succefully installed SL on my P5Q-Deluxe. But got one problem, dont got any sound.

Is it possible to get it working?

Ive got one network card to work, and after a while it was dead, anyone knows why?

Can i have sound thru HDMI on a 9800GT?

Need help

Try this for Audio

http://www.kexts.com/view/406-binary_patch..._10.6.4%29.html

For Lan

Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=47448 and

Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=47449

or try the Drivers from here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=188371

I have NVIDIA 9800 GT......

Yours is ATI right?

I have trade HD4770 for 9800gt. no way to instal 4800 controler kext plus there is no way to get openCL suport in SL.

How Ido it:

Instal folowing your instruction

Instal NVEnabler 64

Add hex from OSX86 utilities for 8800gt to the NVEnabler 64 pilst using pilst utility.

Search for it

Add Id to the NVDAresman and NVDANV50Hal kexts check guide from the link to be for sure

Repeated steps several times and finaly got it fuly forking without KP in the ches but with this OpenCL test:

.................. OpenCL Bench V 0.25 by mitch ...........

...... C2D 3GHz = 12 sec vs Nvidia 9600GT = 0,93 sec ......

... time results are not comparable to older version! .....

Number of OpenCL devices found: 2

OpenCL Device # 0 = GeForce 9800 GT

Device 0 is an: GPU with max. 1375 MHz and 14 units/cores

Now computing - please be patient....

time used: 0.713 seconds

OpenCL Device # 1 = Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Device 1 is an: CPU with max. 2999 MHz and 2 units/cores

Now computing - please be patient....

time used: 12.382 seconds

Now checking if results are valid - please be patient....

:( Validate test passed - GPU results=CPU results :(

logout

[Process completed]

So here is only 14 instead 112 units/cores of this card listed buth that is not so important. This is screaming perfomance fill machine compared to histeric windows. Everything is on the rigt place and fills right. just tnink to do something and you are there.

Should I use NVflash to get MacPro8800GT ROM? There is more tests in the atachment. twice better than Nvinject.

Performance matters because I am switching my Digital film restoration workflow to Final Cut

Thanks a lot.

P5qc

link for Nvenabler:http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=370

I have two modules of 1GB DDR3 memory but system reads 2GB DDR2 800GHz and

Bus speed 1,33 GHz

Is there solution and does it affect performance?

Please comment tests from my previous post.

Thanks.

Xbench__Comparison_10.6.3.rtfd.zip

OpenGL_9800GT_OSX86_10.6.3.rtf

ok, everything works and I am very happy with this post. Thank you very much for posting these step by step instructions, needed Robert Kexts and the iHack installer. Im currently using 10.6.4 so does anybody have any advice on using updated kexts or any kexts I should delete? I just want to keep everything running smoothly and the only thing I changed so far was installing the new FakeSMC. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

ok, everything works and I am very happy with this post. Thank you very much for posting these step by step instructions, needed Robert Kexts and the iHack installer. Im currently using 10.6.4 so does anybody have any advice on using updated kexts or any kexts I should delete? I just want to keep everything running smoothly and the only thing I changed so far was installing the new FakeSMC. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

My Specs

1. P5Q Pro Turbo "Asus"

2. Radeon HD 4670

3. Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.8GHZ 12MB Cache

Wondering if anyone has had similar problems or knows a solution to this

my system is

Intel core 2 quad Q9300 2.5Ghz

4GB DDR2 800Mhz

ASUS P5Q-Premium

2xATI 4850

2xWD 1TB,2xWD 74GB,1x WD 500GB,1x WD 250GB, 2x 640GB Ext

I installed 10.6 ok,added most of the Robert Xes kexts,I altered ATI4800Controller.kext and the IONetworkingFamily.kext and installed VoodooHDA-0.62.pkg (after deleting the appleHDA kext from S/L/E) once I'd done this I had working internet, sound and accelerated graphics (transparent menu bar and ripples when adding widgets).One problem was that it took about 6mins to boot, going through grey screens and random blocky graphics onscreen before blue screen then boot up.

I then updated to 10.6.4,Altered ATI4800Controller.kext and the IONetworkingFamily.kext again, installed VoodooHDA-0.62.pkg again and re-booted, I then got a jumbled blocky screen freeze and had to re-boot again into safe mode.

I then removed all the ATI kexts apart from ATI4800Controller,ATIFramebuffer and ATISupport, and also removed all GeForce Kexts, and re-booted.

System booted up fast, straight from spinning wheel to blue to desktop..........BUT, no accelerated graphics, not sure which one of the kexts i removed lost me the graphics?

Everything still runs ok, just struggles playing high def movies and time machine doesn't display correctly,

Any ideas?

Thanks

You can find in my posts symptoms and problems that I have with HD4770. Never managed to get fully working card but here is a Ati HD 4770 topic with experienced and kind people.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...25753&st=40

look out for post number 54 and suggestion for boot filr from Kabyl.

Also there is a user who managed to run crossfire mod.

Wish you happy computing.

First, thank you for this great tutorial.

My hardware configuration is almost identical to yours, except for graphics card. The one I have is HD3450.

Does snow leopard support graphic hardware acceleration for my card?

And I don't know if this is too much to ask or not, but does it support raid0?

Thanks a lot!!!

Hi

First of all, thank you very much for this guide... it's fantastic! I installed succesfully Snow Leopard on my P5Q Pro :)

I have only one problem: it looks like this version of Chameleon can't boot my Ubuntu partition... when i select it i get this:

292751errore_boot_loader.jpg

I tried to reinstall grub and then reinstall MyHack but i get always this message... what can i do? :)

Hi

First of all, thank you very much for this guide... it's fantastic! I installed succesfully Snow Leopard on my P5Q Pro :)

I have only one problem: it looks like this version of Chameleon can't boot my Ubuntu partition... when i select it i get this:

292751errore_boot_loader.jpg

I tried to reinstall grub and then reinstall MyHack but i get always this message... what can i do? :)

If you have windows installed then you can try EasyBCD and add the linux entry to the Windows Bootloader. You can even add Mac entry in to Windows Bootloader using EasyBCD. You can also see the thread here http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=1026.0

Robert, whats the easiest way to update my boot loader from the one you provided in the iHack installer to the new Chameleon RC5? And should I even bother doing it in the first place?

If everything is working fine, then I think there is no need to update the bootloader.

First, thank you for this great tutorial.

My hardware configuration is almost identical to yours, except for graphics card. The one I have is HD3450.

Does snow leopard support graphic hardware acceleration for my card?

And I don't know if this is too much to ask or not, but does it support raid0?

Thanks a lot!!!

Sorry my friend.....but I don't know much about ATI Cards.....

Hi Guys!

i am trying to install SL Server using this tutorial, but i do not reach the installation.

When the installation should begin, it fails with "Could not find required Software on any installation disk: Essential System Files".

is it possible, that myhack breaks the installation disk of the server-dvd?

I hope you can help me! :-)

Thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

Don't know if you can help me there.

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard on my Asus P5Q (sound, network, video inc. 2 monitors, etc. are working perfectly).

The only thing that doesn't work is the sleep mode.

When I ask the finder to go in sleep mode, it does it but then immediatly wakes up.

If you have an idea, that'd be great.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Don't know if you can help me there.

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard on my Asus P5Q (sound, network, video inc. 2 monitors, etc. are working perfectly).

The only thing that doesn't work is the sleep mode.

When I ask the finder to go in sleep mode, it does it but then immediatly wakes up.

If you have an idea, that'd be great.

Thanks

you need to update your SleepEnabler.kext to the 10.6.4 sleep enabler If your using SN 10.6.4? Install correctly and repair permissions it should work after restart. Also I had this problem where my computer would wake right up but it was my 2 port USB card I had installed and plugged directly into the P5Q pro MB. Once I redirected my keyboard to the main USB ports on the back panel of the computer it was back to normal.