[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Retail 10.6.X on P5Q Series

Installed SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully?

• Yes
    • No

507 posts in this topic

thanks ur speedy reply!!!

how can i know tat is primary partition or logical driver?

can set at disk utility?

do u know y will failed to install mac os?

thanks ur reply and guide!!!

Not sure why it failed.....

You can check if a partition is Primary in Windows

Right Click on My Computer > Manage > Disk Management

Not sure why it failed.....

You can check if a partition is Primary in Windows

Right Click on My Computer > Manage > Disk Management

thanks to teach me use parted magic!

as u told, now my win 7 is working

and i check the disk management:

Fullscreen%20capture%201152010%20102020%20AM.jpg

the disk i wan install mac os is primary partition...

really weird, duno why will failed ><

i try remake the mac installer bootable USB later reinstall

thanks alot!

Thank you for the great guide. I used this to do a fresh update on my desktop that was running 10.5.8 from the retail snow leopard DVD/

Machine: P5Q-em, 3ghz quad core, 8 gigs of ram, Nvidia 9500.

After doing the install everything works with the kext pack in the guide. sleep, audio, the works. System profiler shows everything correct with the SATA, Processor and memory.

The system is dog slow. Like 10 seconds to open a page in safari, illustrator takes 30 seconds to launch. The OS install took 2 hours.

Been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. Did the install again. same thing.

Put my 10.5.8 disk back in, super speedy. any ideas?

Thank you for the great guide. I used this to do a fresh update on my desktop that was running 10.5.8 from the retail snow leopard DVD/

Machine: P5Q-em, 3ghz quad core, 8 gigs of ram, Nvidia 9500.

After doing the install everything works with the kext pack in the guide. sleep, audio, the works. System profiler shows everything correct with the SATA, Processor and memory.

The system is dog slow. Like 10 seconds to open a page in safari, illustrator takes 30 seconds to launch. The OS install took 2 hours.

Been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. Did the install again. same thing.

Put my 10.5.8 disk back in, super speedy. any ideas?

If I change to the flag Yes instead of arch=i386 the system will not boot. Could the slowness be from the 32bit kernal?

I tried both of the following without prevail... Is there a step that I'm missing? Is it possible that a kext file could be interfiering with the voodoohda kext? I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers. I am using kext helper to install the files. Thanks for all the help thus far. I would love to sort this out. My last resort is to just purchase a Audio pci card that will work.

RoberT_XeS,

I need a little help... I followed the directions to a T twice... and when I select the drive for 10.6.3 to install on I get a blank screen with with the cursor flashing in the upper left corner...

I have a P5QL-EM

No OS installed at all.. this drive was a storage drive.

Thanks

RoberT_XeS,

I need a little help... I followed the directions to a T twice... and when I select the drive for 10.6.3 to install on I get a blank screen with with the cursor flashing in the upper left corner...

I have a P5QL-EM

No OS installed at all.. this drive was a storage drive.

Thanks

Somebody... anybody... Hellloooo??

hello there,

I tried to install Mac OS X following this guide. I tried both 1611 and 2208 Bios for my ASUS P5Q, but it keeps me being stucked at AttansicL1eEthernet: .....

see below

2hhq5q0.jpg

I also tried FakeSMC 2.5, enabled AHCI 2.0 in BIOS, instalation with/without the ethernet cable.....

I dont know where the problem is, you'll be very kind to help me solve it ;)

hello there,

I tried to install Mac OS X following this guide. I tried both 1611 and 2208 Bios for my ASUS P5Q, but it keeps me being stucked at AttansicL1eEthernet: .....

see below

2hhq5q0.jpg

I also tried FakeSMC 2.5, enabled AHCI 2.0 in BIOS, instalation with/without the ethernet cable.....

I dont know where the problem is, you'll be very kind to help me solve it :rolleyes:

Hi MarvelEPS,

which gpu do you have? I had exactly the same issue. My solution was to put the evoenabler.kext for my ATI 4870HD card in to the E/E folder. That fixed my issue.

Best regards

Marc

RoberT_XeS,

First of all, thanks to your installation guide, after a week of trial and error I manage to get my rig installed with OSX 10.6.3

By the way, here is my rig hardware

CPU: Q9450

M/B: P5Q-Pro

Ram: 6GB

VGA: PowerColor 4870 512MB

HDD1: WD1001FALS

HDD2: WD10EADS

HDD3: WD6400AACS

HDD4: WD3200AAKS

Other: Apply Aluminum Keyboard, USB Card Reader, Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter

The OSX itself works flawlessly, even on my slowest WD3200AAKS. I choose to install to this drive as my experiment on OSX86. The "System Profiler" recognize my rig as Mac Pro3,1 Quad-Core Intel Xeon.

But there are 2 problems bugging my mimd.

First is when I used Logitech USB mouse, it's laggy at approx 5-6 second interval.

Due to first issue, I did have left-over mighty mouse to use with, so I give it a try. The might mouse is also laggy and annoyed to use. And sometime it did slow response, hard to move.

My diagnose would be some problem with bluetooth dongle itself, so I try mighty mouse on Windows 7 and it works like charm. So I think it's a USB problem.

I checked that BIOS setting on USB. I set "AUTO" for legacy USB support, "Hi-Speed" for USB Controller.

Now I have no idea to pinpoint the problem. With your experience in install OSX86, do you know any solution to my problem?

Thank you again,

Garbage

No, I am trying to do a fresh install of 10.6.3 the hard drive is currently blank.

It may be a problem with your Graphics Card.....

I think you need to try it with 10.6.0 first and then try to update.....Maybe it is a problem with 10.6.3

It may be a problem with your Graphics Card.....

I think you need to try it with 10.6.0 first and then try to update.....Maybe it is a problem with 10.6.3

I have a retail copy of 10.6.3, where would I get a 10.6.0? also the graphics card is on-board.

It wouldn't matter what was on the drive prior correct? During drive selection it shows a windows logo on the drive, is this normal?

I have a retail copy of 10.6.3, where would I get a 10.6.0? also the graphics card is on-board.

It wouldn't matter what was on the drive prior correct? During drive selection it shows a windows logo on the drive, is this normal?

Maybe 10.6.3 should also work..... Please tell me about the partition that you did with the HDD in which you want to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Which motherboard are you using ? .

You need to format the drive using Disk Utility when you are asked to select the drive in which you want to install... Format file system should be Mac OS Journled

Maybe 10.6.3 should also work..... Please tell me about the partition that you did with the HDD in which you want to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Which motherboard are you using ? .

You need to format the drive using Disk Utility when you are asked to select the drive in which you want to install... Format file system should be Mac OS Journled

I have a Asus P5QL-EM

No OS installed at all..in the entire system, this drive was a storage drive, there are no partitions.

"You need to format the drive using Disk Utility when you are asked to select the drive in which you want to install... Format file system should be Mac OS Journled"

This would happen after I select the drive correct? when I select the drive I get a blank screen for about 3 seconds then the blinking cursor...

I have a Asus P5QL-EM

No OS installed at all..in the entire system, this drive was a storage drive, there are no partitions.

"You need to format the drive using Disk Utility when you are asked to select the drive in which you want to install... Format file system should be Mac OS Journled"

This would happen after I select the drive correct? when I select the drive I get a blank screen for about 3 seconds then the blinking cursor...

As I understand.... you are having problem while trying to do step 6 ?

When you see the HDD...Click on Utilities Menu and then select Disk Utiliy.....Here do the partitioning...

See this video for reference

or

As I understand.... you are having problem while trying to do step 6 ?

When you see the HDD...Click on Utilities Menu and then select Disk Utiliy.....Here do the partitioning...

See this video for reference

or

I have no operating system installed at all. So when the system boots up off of my 16gb flash drive that contains the 10.6.3 dmg. this is what I get. (see attached photos)

post-616887-1274231326_thumb.jpg

post-616887-1274231345_thumb.jpg

Hi MarvelEPS,

which gpu do you have? I had exactly the same issue. My solution was to put the evoenabler.kext for my ATI 4870HD card in to the E/E folder. That fixed my issue.

Best regards

Marc

well I have ATI 4670, so I guess it seems to be the same problem here. I'll try the kext and let you guys know the results. Thank you so far for helping me, Marc

I have no operating system installed at all. So when the system boots up off of my 16gb flash drive that contains the 10.6.3 dmg. this is what I get. (see attached photos)

Select the drive and then type in -x -v and then press Enter and then check if it is working...

hi,

i've been trying to install mac on my pc, i get to the point where i boot up into the installer but once i select the installation language the setup remains preparing installation... for hours. im assuming its crashed ... any tips?

specs:

Asus p5q deluxe with modified 2301 bios

Intel q9300

8gb 1066mhz dominator ddr2

a few hdds, installing on a 160gb sata hdd

4870x2 gfx

im installing from an external hdd. (20gb) (created the install disk from mac virtual machine)

Th installer log says the following:

localhost Unknown[91]: Mac OS X Installer[149:903] +[iFGloabals isASRImageInstall]: unrecognizerd selector sent to class 0x100146190.

Thanks in advance.

Select the drive and then type in -x -v and then press Enter and then check if it is working...

I tried that, then I get a gray screen, with a darker gray apple logo, and nothing else happens???

I tried that, then I get a gray screen, with a darker gray apple logo, and nothing else happens???