[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Retail 10.6.X on P5Q Series

Installed SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install SNOW LEOPARD Retail Successfully?

• Yes
    • No

507 posts in this topic

Try just -v and let me know the last message that you are receiving...

The last message I receive above the solid block cursor is ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

Is that the the area you are referring to??

Do I remove the original and replace it with the fake on my flash drive? Or do I start the whole process over again and use the fake then??

Just remove the original one and then replace it with the FakeSMC 2.5....

I will try that, I have to get back over to my buddy's to borrow his mac.... I will let you know as soon as I try it.

I need a little help~~~

I have installed kexts pack for ALC1200 (P5QL-EM) with Kext Helper b7

System Profiler shows : device ID:0X104382fe audio ID:12 Available Devices:(nothing else)

There's still no sound with my MAC OS 10.6.3

Somebody help?

I need a little help~~~

I have installed kexts pack for ALC1200 (P5QL-EM) with Kext Helper b7

System Profiler shows : device ID:0X104382fe audio ID:12 Available Devices:(nothing else)

There's still no sound with my MAC OS 10.6.3

Somebody help?

Go to Sound > Preferences > Select the proper output and then check....

i have an Best Buy Asus g60Jx (with EFI BIOS) with a Core i5 at 2.2ghz and 4gb Ram Nvidia 360gts video with 1gb video ddr5 ram, 500gb 7200rpm 16mb cache hard drive, azurus wifi mini internal card. I would like to know if i can install osx on this with most of the things working like sound video and wifi and if so, how do i install and what flavor and all.

i have an Best Buy Asus g60Jx (with EFI BIOS) with a Core i5 at 2.2ghz and 4gb Ram Nvidia 360gts video with 1gb video ddr5 ram, 500gb 7200rpm 16mb cache hard drive, azurus wifi mini internal card. I would like to know if i can install osx on this with most of the things working like sound video and wifi and if so, how do i install and what flavor and all.

I don't know much about this motherboard....

Ok, I replaced the file and still received the same message. That was after there were four or five pages of "loading something bla bla" Here are some photos.

post-616887-1274732254_thumb.jpg

post-616887-1274732344_thumb.jpg

Ok, I replaced the file and still received the same message. That was after there were four or five pages of "loading something bla bla" Here are some photos.

Have you enabled ACPI 2.0 in the Bios....if not then do it....

You can also try to just use three kexts and install..... FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowermanagement.kext and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

hi!

I have problem with booting.

I have done all from STEP 1 to step 6, but in step 6 when i press the F8 and select USB it just give me black screen and "typing cursor" but I can't type anything... It looks like USB is not bootable I think?

any Ideas?

I also looking in error with black screen but i dont have ATI graphic to solve the problem and I dont have only black screen (In my screen is at the begining "cursor for typing" but if I press any key nothing happens)

Help pls!

Can be OSX this installed on ATA HDD or only on SATA?

ASUS P5q PRO

ASUS Gfroce 8800GTS

Intel Core2Duo 3.0 (E8400)

hi!

I have problem with booting.

I have done all from STEP 1 to step 6, but in step 6 when i press the F8 and select USB it just give me black screen and "typing cursor" but I can't type anything... It looks like USB is not bootable I think?

any Ideas?

I also looking in error with black screen but i dont have ATI graphic to solve the problem and I dont have only black screen (In my screen is at the begining "cursor for typing" but if I press any key nothing happens)

Help pls!

Can be OSX this installed on ATA HDD or only on SATA?

ASUS P5q PRO

ASUS Gfroce 8800GTS

Intel Core2Duo 3.0 (E8400)

I think the USB is not bootable....

Also I thin OSX can be installed on ATA Drive as I have included drivers for ATA in the package....But I have not tried it though

I think the USB is not bootable....

Also I thin OSX can be installed on ATA Drive as I have included drivers for ATA in the package....But I have not tried it though

and how I made USB bootable? Is it something wrong with USB?

Must be the HDD formated? becouse now I've got Linux Ubuntu Installed on HDD or must I first format HDD in "MAC OS Extended" ?

SORRY FOR ALL THESE SILLY QUESTIONS..

plzz help me.....m confused !!

my pc config -

motherboard - asus p5kpl-cm

processor - Intel pentium dual core E5200 @ 2.50 ghz

ram - 4gb

graphic card - palit geforce 9400gt 1gb

currently m using only windows 7 ..... i wanna dual boot it with snow leapard 10.6...

i had installed 10.5 earlier ... but some of the features dint work ...i can reinstall 10.5...

my bios dont show anything like ahci etc and thr is no modified bios available in ur guide i think.

can u plzzz tell me which modified bios should i download ... and plzz tell me if my pc can run snow leopard ?

i have downloaded this - snowleopard_10a432_userdvd ...is it ok ?

THANK YOU !

and how I made USB bootable? Is it something wrong with USB?

Must be the HDD formated? becouse now I've got Linux Ubuntu Installed on HDD or must I first format HDD in "MAC OS Extended" ?

Format the USB Drive with Mac OS Journled and then try the steps

SORRY FOR ALL THESE SILLY QUESTIONS..

plzz help me.....m confused !!

my pc config -

motherboard - asus p5kpl-cm

processor - Intel pentium dual core E5200 @ 2.50 ghz

ram - 4gb

graphic card - palit geforce 9400gt 1gb

currently m using only windows 7 ..... i wanna dual boot it with snow leapard 10.6...

i had installed 10.5 earlier ... but some of the features dint work ...i can reinstall 10.5...

my bios dont show anything like ahci etc and thr is no modified bios available in ur guide i think.

can u plzzz tell me which modified bios should i download ... and plzz tell me if my pc can run snow leopard ?

i have downloaded this - snowleopard_10a432_userdvd ...is it ok ?

THANK YOU !

You can request smith@@ to modify the bios for you

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213333

hello, thanks for your guide

i had follow until step 6

however, after i erase the disk and install,

after 10 minute or longer,

it show installation failed

mac cant install on this computer...

100520103190.jpg

100520103191.jpg

i try to reinstall again and view the installer log with show error only

then i notice that the log show:

Install failed: The installer could not start up the computer from the disk "MAC". Try selecting your disk using the Startup disk utility.

100520103194.jpg

can i know what format need to install mac os? ( mac os extended or?)

my current hard disk got 4 partition

it's partition map scheme is master boot record

is this the problem make me installation failed?

can i install mac os on it without format the whole hard disk?

because my win 7 system still at partition 1

now i planning to boot back my win7,

but when i boot the hard disk

it show: Missing operating system

OMG... now my desktop is death zzz

help me please ><

thanks for ur guide alot!!!

i still got the same problem even i install to another empty hardisk

i using Mac OS X Snow Leopard_10a432_userdvd version

restore it to a external hard drive using VM Mac OS X 10.6.2

any 1 know what problem with this error?

Hi! I created Partition On HDD (IDE) with OS X INSTALL (STEP 4) but when I set boot HDD is the same problem as on USB (black screen with "typing cursor". So I downloaded [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and burned it on DVD.

Then I set boot from DVD and the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] runs... Than I can select Partition with OS INSTALLATION and setup is working.. so I installed OS X on another partition using (GUID Partition Table becouse on MBR I can't install).

But when finished I restart the computer and start with "STEP 7".

Now with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] i chose the partition that I have Installed OS X and when it starts loading it stoped becouse of error: IOSCSI PheripherialDeviceType 05: SetPowerState(0x6d42700) Timed out ...

Can u help me?

and in "step 7" I must boot the partition used in "step 6"? And It suposed to run OS X leopard and than in Snow Leopard I install the "myHackerInstaller" to make it bootable?