[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

the M2.x series is the Original ASUS DSDT table with just the fix as Sleep, Shutdown, Restar, LPCB, LAN, Device Name, ecc..

this version is for test purpose...

There isn't Sata id (internal) I propose you because I readd the SS code for SpeedStep.

The 3.x.x series is for fast purpose only like fast boot.

Fabio

the M2.x series is the Original ASUS DSDT table with just the fix as Sleep, Shutdown, Restar, LPCB, LAN, Device Name, ecc..

this version is for test purpose...

There isn't Sata id (internal) I propose you because I readd the SS code for SpeedStep.

The 3.x.x series is for fast purpose only like fast boot.

Fabio

ok... its just that most =use your 3.14 dsdt including myself...

ok... its just that most =use your 3.14 dsdt including myself...

If the feedback are positive and the DSDT work weel I make different variants like Sata internal...

but I repeat this is a "test" functionally for now... I readd the Speed step from M2.3 and we need know if there some problems...

Fabio

If the feedback are positive and the DSDT work weel I make different variants like Sata internal...

but I repeat this is a "test" functionally for now... I readd the Speed step from M2.3 and we need know if there some problems...

Fabio

I'll try and feedback as it will be out. I'll test FW as usual, but I'm also curious to test speedsteps-temps-benchmarking !

I'm using 3.4 with internal sata, and considering it has no speedsteps, I fixed the multiplier at 20x, base clock at 167 and ram at 1333 to obtain a manual 3.33 ghz OC (as a top 4core macpro). Lowered voltage to keep good temps (both 3.4 DSDT and 10.6.3 SnowLeo upgrade are giving some degree more than 2.xx and 10.6.2 SnowLeo). Results are really fast, stable and satisfying.

I will try 2.5 enabling back again the auto-multiplier to achieve again turbo mode and frequency scaling. Maybe I'll need some more voltage for a stability in turbo-mode, but for shure speedstep will lower temps in average use.

I'm very very curious to try!

^_^

I do a fast check on the Device (SATA)...

yep is already present the id for internal SATA "ESB2"...

sorry I forgot it... :P but better is already present :)

I hope collect some experience...

(For me now is time to go... My job no w8 :o)

Fabio

The problem is your ATI HD 4870

you need the 10.6.2 version of this kext ATI4800Controller.kext, ATISupport.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext

For more info see the netkas website

Fabio

netkas say:

Hi iFabio/dgobe,

Everything was working fine before I upgraded my 2nd install (this is my test install, using your DSDT 3.1.4). I also have a ATI 4870 and after ungrading to 10.6.3, system could not get into Mac OS desktop, the screen/monitor seems to go to sleep but the cpu/motherboard is still running. I guess I have to get a copy of those mentioned kexts and try again tonight.

Thanks,

dickoy

First impression about new 2.5 DSTD? I'm impressed ! :wacko:

Boot time is about 22 spins as before.

No orange icons

Firewire works

My temps are about 10° below than with 3.x DSDT series (I think 'cause of speedstep)

Benchmarks improved a little (I think 'cause of turbomode)

Sleep works without OHR

Reboot works

Only shutdown time is longer: system shuts down, but fans keep spinning and power led stays lit for a while...but after some second everything turns off. Not a problem.

So, my opinion about 2.5 is that it is THE BEST DSDT by now.

I don't think about going back to 3.x by now.

Now I reboot to Win to check stability with some stress-test 'cause of turbo-mode active on my OC'd system...but this is another story. With no OC this system + this DSDT is simply awesome!

Later or tomorrow I'll post benchmarks & temps both under Win & OSX.

Well done, good job iFabio !!! :)

Fabio

I do some trick

I copy all of the stuff from AplleHDA.kext 10.6.2 to AplleHDA.kext 10.6.3 except the info.plist and version.plist-they remain from 10.6.3 kext, and get back my boot time again at 12 spins.

Now , something else ...

Fabio

Do You have some visual glitches-about half a second on startup of OSX

I have this after 10.6.3 update

i7920 @ 3.33 ghz

DDR3 @ 1333mhz

Speedstep & Turbo active

idle temp min: 45

full load max: 80

(tested with Prime under both Win7 & SnowLeo)

----Benchmarks----

-WIN7

32bit: 9348

64bit: 10364

-SNOW LEO

32bit: 10769

64bit: 12002 ---> :)

i7920 @ 3.33 ghz

DDR3 @ 1333mhz

Speedstep & Turbo active

idle temp min: 45

full load max: 80

(tested with Prime under both Win7 & SnowLeo)

----Benchmarks----

-WIN7

32bit: 9348

64bit: 10364

-SNOW LEO

32bit: 10769

64bit: 12002 ---> :wub:

I asked before but didn't get a response, so sorry to ask again. How do you guys test for speedstep and turbo?

The Firewire is "damned"

For me see some light after a sleep function and in 32 bit mode only...

but my little old firewire camcorder still unknow for OSX with this VIA Firewire controller...

No solution for me B)

Fabio

:)

Fabio, there's a post by x.di on d00d's GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications thread where he found a fix for Hot Plug on Firewire, I know it's Gigabyte based but maybe it's worth the look, here is the link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1436104

Fabio, hay un post de x.di en el tema GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications creado por d00d donde menciona que ha encontrado una solucion al problema del Hot Plug con el Firewire, ya se que es basado en Gigabyte pero quizas valga la pena darle un vistazo, aqui esta el link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1436104

3 solution for audio:

1) Replace the AppleHDA 10.6.2 with AppleHDA 10.6.2

2) VoodooHDA

3) Patch the AppleHDA 10.6.3, some our device are blacklisted

:wub:

May I add a forth one:

4) Use a modified AppleHDA 10.6.2 with a higher version number so it takes precedence over the new AppleHDA 10.6.3 one and hopefully later new versions.

Puedo agregar una cuarta:

4) Usar un AppleHDA 10.6.2 modificado que contenga numero de version superior para que tome precedencia al cargarse sobre el nuevo AppleHDA 10.6.3 y quizas tambien para futuras versiones

Karina

M2.5.920 installed.

Speed Step working fine !!

Sleep working fine !

idle temp 33

max temp 65

Firewire... not work :angel: ( tested whit 3 FW disks Macally , and old G4 tower in Target mode FW)

Hi iFabio/dgobe,

Everything was working fine before I upgraded my 2nd install (this is my test install, using your DSDT 3.1.4). I also have a ATI 4870 and after ungrading to 10.6.3, system could not get into Mac OS desktop, the screen/monitor seems to go to sleep but the cpu/motherboard is still running. I guess I have to get a copy of those mentioned kexts and try again tonight.

Thanks,

dickoy

This is now resolved. replaced ATI related kexts int S/L/E with 10.6.2 version

I asked before but didn't get a response, so sorry to ask again. How do you guys test for speedstep and turbo?

PStateChanger.app

It requires also VoodooPState.kext

In boot logs also you see if it has been loaded properly

whhy the 2.5 and not the 3.14 etc...

Updated to 2.5 DSDT

I have a question, under system manager

Memory read Speed: 1069 MHz instead of 1333

Serial Number (system): PUT-YOUR-SN-HERE

Firewire tells me its not recognized, however my keyboard (music) gets powered.

Is that something I should be concerned with?

Thanks again

Updated to 2.5 DSDT

I have a question, under system manager

Memory read Speed: 1069 MHz instead of 1333

Serial Number (system): PUT-YOUR-SN-HERE

Firewire tells me its not recognized, however my keyboard (music) gets powered.

Is that something I should be concerned with?

Thanks again

-Is your memory set at 1333 or "AUTO" in bios? Are you using Asere's boot loader or edited memory info by hand?

-For S/N change PUT-YOUR-SN-HERE with a valid S/N.

-I've a FW souncard...is recognized and it's sistem-link led is lit, so it should work...but you're not the only one complaining about FW issues, so today I'll try it better!

-Is your memory set at 1333 or "AUTO" in bios? Are you using Asere's boot loader or edited memory info by hand?

-For S/N change PUT-YOUR-SN-HERE with a valid S/N.

-I've a FW souncard...is recognized and it's sistem-link led is lit, so it should work...but you're not the only one complaining about FW issues, so today I'll try it better!

Hi, thanks for your answers,

I have set my BIOS to auto, should I change it to 1333 instead?

By boot loader you mean the bootPlist? I only edited that one to load 32 bit instead of 64 due to WIFI incompatible drivers

I have to use the installation image from h macbook, I guess I need to obtain a new license key, can you tell me how to edit that ad where?

Thansk a lot I appreciate you taking the time to shed some light :angel:

Hi, thanks for your answers,

I have set my BIOS to auto, should I change it to 1333 instead?

By boot loader you mean the bootPlist? I only edited that one to load 32 bit instead of 64 due to WIFI incompatible drivers

I have to use the installation image from h macbook, I guess I need to obtain a new license key, can you tell me how to edit that ad where?

Thansk a lot I appreciate you taking the time to shed some light :D

-Your RAM brand and model? If it's XMP capable, activating an XMP profile in bios should be enough and safe. If not, you must do it manually, but PAY ATTENTION: that's overclocking and involves some risk of physical damage. If unshure leave AUTO . Overclocking ram of less than 300 mhz won't give you any noticeable improvement in everyday use, just few useless points in benchmarking and more risks. DDR3 with OC capability (over 1067) is intended generally to give you more flexibility when overclocking your cpu.

If raising CPU's base clock to 166 to obtain a 3.33 ghz total frequency, 'cause of certain relationships between values in our chipset, your ram will work properly at 1333.

http://icrontic.com/apps/nehalem-calc/ will help with the aid of some overclocking forum...this discussion is OT here.

I repeat: if unshure, leave AUTO and it's ok. These are already f***** powerfull and fast machines

-Google for S/N

-boot.Plist is only the file containing configurations for your bootloader. Did you install Chamaleon, PC-Efi or AsereBLN?

Asere boot will probably recognize your ram brand, if you use PC-Efi or Chamaleon you'll have to input it manually in your smbios.plist your ram's speed and brand. I've AsereBoot, so I deleted every ram-related info.