[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

please I need information on the snow leopard format.because I have the snow leo dmg version.MBR_INSTALL_SNOW_LEOPARS_DVD5.dmg.how should I write it on a dvd.I am using nero for writting.beause when I insert the dvd with sl after pressing f5 no boot selection menu that I can see.so there is something that I am doing wrong.please help.

christy

go into partitions, and partishion the disk with 1 partitions, chage it from current to 1 partition. after that restore, highlite the dmg and chouse restore.

System update:

After the 10.6.3 Snow Update finally we (all i7 hack mobo) can see i7 in our system profiler

You need to change the CPUTYPE in SMBIOS with 1793

This works only after a 10.6.3 update!!!!

(if you put this in 10.6.2 or older you see unknow processor... no work in Leo 10.5.x until now)

So from this:

<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1281</string>

to this:

<key>SMcputype</key>
 <string>1793</string>

69770741.jpg

:D

Enjoy!

Fabio

System update:

After the 10.6.3 Snow Update finally we (all i7 hack mobo) can see i7 in our system profiler

This works only after a 10.6.3 update!!!!

Fabio

I suspected that an OS update was required back when I was investigating this a couple of months ago:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1411191

The i7 ioreg dump had the OS version at 10C2234. 10.6.2 = 10C540, 10.6.3 = 10D573

Looks like there was a release in between 10.6.2 and 10.6.3 that was at least on the i7 iMacs to account for the hardware updates. One more item we can check off the list, nice find.

I suspected that an OS update was required back when I was investigating this a couple of months ago:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1411191

The i7 ioreg dump had the OS version at 10C2234. 10.6.2 = 10C540, 10.6.3 = 10D573

Looks like there was a release in between 10.6.2 and 10.6.3 that was at least on the i7 iMacs to account for the hardware updates. One more item we can check off the list, nice find.

I suspect this too when exit the first time the CPUTYPE for the "i5"

Anyway now we have a "cosmetic" native solution for our CPU.

The findings is not mine.

credits go to the autor of this Gigabyte (atlee) trend http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=213808 I find the news in that page.

Fabio

System update:

:(

First of all, I want to thank everyone who worked so hard to make it easy to install Snow on P6T. Wow...I read all the 30 pages and managed to install SL on my first try, everything works. I am writing from my Safari browser and cannot even believe it.

One thing, I would like your input. My CPU temp on windows is 38 degrees but on Snow my gets very noisy and just now I check iStat and it says my CPU is 50 degrees. Is this normal?

Anyway I can lower my temp, please let me know.

Anyway I can lower my temp, please let me know.

You probably don't have C-states enabled in the BIOS, but if you read the whole thread you would know we at least need to know what processor you have and the version of the installer you used. Did you use one of the other DSDTs from Fabio?

hello guys. just joined ox86 project.

i just followed with the first post and everything works as it told.

i have problems with updating osx.

my os is 10.6 right now.

when i install updates (10.6.1, 10.6.2, 10.6.3) they install without any problems (did try all 3 updates)

but when os boot up after update installs, my screen goes to Black Screen after the grey apple logo display.

is it my vid card or is there any tricks for this??

thank you guys!!

spec

i7-920 (OC @3.2ghz)

Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - bios 1003

EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB PCI Express 2.0 x16

CORSAIR XMS3 6G DDR3 1600 (2gx3)

WD Caviar Black 1 TB

Sony Sata dvd writer

Dual Boot - Windows 7 & OSX 10.6 retail

C-States in enabled as stated somewhere on this thread and current setting is set on Auto. I am using fabio`s dsdt 2.5 920

I have not yet updated my rig profile but my 920 is DO and OC to 3.8 with SS and turbo. Do I need to change any setting to lower my temp? I am hitting 52 degrees right now. But if i go back to windows, idle temp is 33. What should I do?

when os boot up after update installs, my screen goes to Black Screen after the grey apple logo display.

is it my vid card or is there any tricks for this??

lt seems the typical video-card issue behavior.

Try booting with -x flag.

Is graphic enabler set to on and resolution specified correctly?

C-States in enabled as stated somewhere on this thread and current setting is set on Auto. I am using fabio`s dsdt 2.5 920

I have not yet updated my rig profile but my 920 is DO and OC to 3.8 with SS and turbo. Do I need to change any setting to lower my temp? I am hitting 52 degrees right now. But if i go back to windows, idle temp is 33. What should I do?

I have the same issue, but If I use Hardware Monitor, I get good temp readings as compared to iStat

there was a mention of this issue in netkas.org related to 10.6.3 upgrade and 9800 vid cards

This is strange...

Your model in SMBIOS?

You use a standard fakesmc or pached

for different model?

Dgobe I remember do some test on it some page ago

on MacPro4,1 iMac11,1 and other...

Try also this change... Istat work's with fakesmc

---

tonight ( when I come back to work), I try

some new stuff usable after 10.6.3 update...

Like Sata id from iMac and LPCB and SMBus( this is native for us... Mo need change but... Test purpose)

stay tuned...

Fabio

thanks for quick reply.

im so new to this and my dual monitors work fine at native resolution right now with 10.6.

how to i use -x flag and how to i set graphic enabler on?

can u tell me step by step to go thru this?

thank a lot again..

spec

i7-920 (OC @3.2ghz)

WD Caviar Black 1 TB

Sony Sata dvd writer

thanks for quick reply.

im so new to this and my dual monitors work fine at native resolution right now with 10.6.

how to i use -x flag and how to i set graphic enabler on?

can u tell me step by step to go thru this?

thank a lot again..

spec

i7-920 (OC @3.2ghz)

WD Caviar Black 1 TB

Sony Sata dvd writer

First of all go to /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist and add this line if you don't have it:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

Then, below this, add its sting with YOUR video card & monitor supported resolution (this is mine):

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

This is the simplest thing to do: If this works, you're done.

First of all go to /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist and add this line if you don't have it:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

Then, below this, add its sting with YOUR video card & monitor supported resolution (this is mine):

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

This is the simplest thing to do: If this works, you're done.

thanks for your reply again.

this is what i have right now

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>y</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>

</dict>

</plist>

should i change to <string>1680x1050x32</string> ?

thanks for your reply again.

this is what i have right now

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>y</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>

</dict>

</plist>

should i change to <string>1680x1050x32</string> ?

No no no, these are my settings! You must use yours, according to your monitor and video card. Look for their capabilities online or in manuals, if 1280x1024 isn't supported for them !

Today appear a new update named: Mac OSX 10.6.3 Supplemental Update ....

Anyone tested this update whit our board and config ?

Installed on P6T Deluxe V2. No Problem.

The audio and ethernet patchers work with OSX 10.6.3 V1.1 update.

Depending on how you updated to 10.6.3 you may not see it in Software Update...from the release notes:

"Tip: If you don't see the Mac OS X v10.6.3 Supplemental Update in Software Update, you don't need to install it.

Note: The Supplemental Update is for any system that was updated from Mac OS X v10.6 using the Mac OS X Update Combined v10.6.3, build 10D573. It is not needed on systems that were updated from Mac OS X v10.6.1 or 10.6.2, and it is not needed on systems that were updated from Mac OS X v10.6 using the Mac OS X Update Combined v10.6.3, v1.1."

Depending on how you updated to 10.6.3 you may not see it in Software Update...from the release notes:

"Tip: If you don't see the Mac OS X v10.6.3 Supplemental Update in Software Update, you don't need to install it.

Note: The Supplemental Update is for any system that was updated from Mac OS X v10.6 using the Mac OS X Update Combined v10.6.3, build 10D573. It is not needed on systems that were updated from Mac OS X v10.6.1 or 10.6.2, and it is not needed on systems that were updated from Mac OS X v10.6 using the Mac OS X Update Combined v10.6.3, v1.1."

Thanks!

ENG:

Good morning everybody! Just some question to clear my mind about one issue: I remember sometimes ago about iFabio posting on the italian forum the suggestion to modify fakesmc.kext for our board.

2) Modifichiamo il decripter di netkas

Apriamo il file Info.plist che si trova in /Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext/Contents/Info.plist

dobbiamo editare il file in due posizioni con informazioni specifiche per il MacPro4,1 (1.30f3 e smc-napa cambiandolo in 1.39f5 e smc-thurley).

Quindi cerchiamo ATAPAAAD e lo sostuiamo con ATkPAAAF

cerchiamo smc-napa e lo sostituiamo con smc-thurley

-As iFabio says, these mods are fixing infos from a MacPro4.1, so...is this suitable for all mac models & boards we can specify in smbios.plist (MacPro 3.1 ,4.1, iMac 1.1)?

-If not, which model must use the original fakesmc and which the modded one?

-Is there also a relation between this and the DSDT we use (2.xx or 3.xx)?

My config is DSDT 2.5, injecting a MacPro 3.1 with modded Fakesmc.kext. Is this ok?

Thanks in advance for answers!!!!

ITA:

Buongiorno a tutti! Alcune domande per chiarie un'aspetto poco chiaro: ricordo che iFabio suggerì nel forum italiano di modificare Fakesmc.kext per la nostra scheda.

-Come dichiarato da iFabio, queste sono informazioni specifiche per il MacPro4,1, quindi sorge spontanea una domanda: il fix è applicabile a tutti i modelli di Mac & Board revisions che possiamo specificare nel smbios.plist (MacPro 3.1 ,4.1, iMac 1.1)?

-Se così non fosse, con quale modello usare fakesmc originale e con quale quello modificato?

-C'è pure una relazione fra questo e la DSDT in uso (2.xx o 3.xx)?

La mia configurazione è DSDT 2.5, MacPro 3.1 e Fakesmc modificato. Va bene così?

Grazie in anticipo per le risposte!

iFabio, please ..a little help

Your model in SMBIOS? mac 3,1

You use a standard fakesmc or pached

for different model? No idea, I used the one you have in DSDT 2.5xxx

Also, i did couple of test and try different temperature measuring software. I get the same reading, am right no at 60 degrees....it`s crazy.

I was thinking that my cpu cooler might be causing this issue (fan dusty), but in windows i have 31degrees idle and during stres test is 69 with prime.

Also, my windows was going bsod every 1-2 hours, then I found out that C-states was causing this issue. i turned it OFF and windows works fine and been stress testing cpu my whole rig for the last 7 hrs, everything works fine.

Please help me, I was wondering if I should use IntelEnhancedSpeedStep.kext instead. So that I can avoid my cpu to heat up on SL. I might need a little help from you guys to remove speedstep from dsdt..

May I know who else have 3.8 920 I7 with C-state ON. It just doesn`t work for me for some reasons.....am sleepless