[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

So...

looks like safe...

Only for P6T Deluxe V2 and Snow Leo ver. 10.6.3

install this AppleHDA.kext and reboot.

next boot use key -f

_villi_ please remove your attachment the forum rules don't permit "original" Apple Kext.

And I'm sure is not only for P6T Deluxe V2 but is for all platform before 10.6.3 (is the original 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext)

Anyway tank's for you support :D

As I said above, I only have fakesmc in E/E. It's the only kext I use apart from VoodooHDA.

LOL I undestand why your system is not affect from 10.6.3 (audio update), yep the VoodooHDA still a nice alternative.

Apart the Audio (solved problem) any advantage???

As I say tomorrow I try update (I'm away from my hack now).

Fabio

I download the combo... http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1017/...Combo10.6.3.dmg

:P

10.6.3 brings up +400 points up on the geekenbenchx64

About the sound ...

With the new 10.6.3 update (without AplleHDA) no sound =the boot time is 12 spins like before

With the old 10.6.2 AppleHDA sound OK = boot time is 20-21 spins (slower then before)

I updated today to 10.6.3 and replace the appleHDA .. sound work fine ! Thanks !!!

But.. the firewire still not work whit any DSDT or default bios settings.. :P

For now i will forget the FW in OsX.

I updated today to 10.6.3 and replace the appleHDA .. sound work fine ! Thanks !!!

But.. the firewire still not work whit any DSDT or default bios settings.. :P

For now i will forget the FW in OsX.

The Firewire is "damned"

For me see some light after a sleep function and in 32 bit mode only...

but my little old firewire camcorder still unknow for OSX with this VIA Firewire controller...

No solution for me :P

Fabio

The Firewire is "damned"

For me see some light after a sleep function and in 32 bit mode only...

but my little old firewire camcorder still unknow for OSX with this VIA Firewire controller...

No solution for me :(

Fabio

Yes my Hard Disk appear as unknown device :(

Wow, what a great resource! I've read through almost this entire thread (26 pages!) but still have a couple questions. I apologize if these were obvious or I skimmed over them while reading, I'm fairly new to the OSX86 thing.

1. By typing in arch=i386, are you simply loading the 32-bit kernel that loads by default on real macs, but is still capable of running 64-bit applications and utilizing large amount of memory? If so, does loading 64-bit do the same thing as holding down 6+4 on boot on a real mac? If not, do you lose 64-bit abilities in 32-bit mode?

2. The 930 has pushed the 920's out of my local Fry's shoppe, do I need to do anything special? They seem to be identical, but I don't know if selecting 920 during the P6TDeluxeV2Installerv1.13.pkg install will mess anything up.

3. I will have the GTS 250 GPU, is there anything I need to do or modify, or is all that included in the latest pkg and DSDT?

4. Is there a definitive fix for the firewire port? The main purpose of this machine will be a Logic Audio Editing computer, so I will need the functionality of my Firewire 1814 interface.

5. There were a number of reports of audio/firewire/ethernet/sleep problems and fixes. Have the fixes been rolled into the most current pkg and DSDT or do I need to apply the fixes per the most recent posts?

6. Because I have the ASUS P6T SE, the audio chipset is ALC1200. Since I am using the flash drive method in post 2, will copying that Kext file into Flashdrive>Extra>Extensions before I install Snow Leopard be enough? After I install the combo update(s), will I need to replace this and any other kexts?

Also, I assume it to be obvious where we type in these boot commands into Chameleon, but I don't personally know it as I've never seen the screen and won't have my Hackintosh hardware until tomorrow. Perhaps a screen shot of that would help others in my situation? I know the best thing is to dive in and try it yourself, but I am trying to get the most solid grip on this procedure I can before getting the hardware. After all, this is going to be a production computer and I want as little downtime as possible.

Again, thank you all for your tireless efforts, and I will be posting back any information that might help smooth the transition for others.

Hardware:

ASUS P6T SE Mobo

Intel Core i7 930 CPU

PNY 1GB GTS 250 GPU

12GB DDR3 Crucial 1600MHZ Memory

1TB SATA Seagate Barracuda

What I don't understand here is why my AppleHDA is untouched, i.e. the same version as before, yet a lot of you guys are having to replace it.

Why is that?

'cause maybe your VoodooHDA behaves better with new AppleHDA.. I think you're the only one with audio working after update, but also the only one using VoodooHDA and not ad2000b.

I think the trick is there.

'cause maybe your VoodooHDA behaves better with new AppleHDA.. I think you're the only one with audio working after update, but also the only one using VoodooHDA and not ad2000b.

I think the trick is there.

The thing is though, why is my AppleHDA the exact same file as it was before the update? That's what I don't understand.

Also, I use a Creative X-Fi Extreme, so that is why I use VoodooHDA.

The thing is though, why is my AppleHDA the exact same file as it was before the update? That's what I don't understand.

Also, I use a Creative X-Fi Extreme, so that is why I use VoodooHDA.

Hi

as smith@@ in italian ( Soluzioni per AppleHDA 10.6.3 ) page say there is 3 solution for audio:

1) Replace the AppleHDA 10.6.3 with AppleHDA 10.6.2

2) VoodooHDA

3) Patch the AppleHDA 10.6.3, some our device are blacklisted

so smith@@ create a AppleHDA.kext (10.6.3) patched --> AppleHDA.kext.10.6.3.zip credits go to him.

Other info about this you can find on ProjectOSX explain how too pach the AppleHDA

replace the four instances of 8B19D411 (AD1988B) with 9B98D411 (AD2000B)

Fabio

Fabio

What about the boot time

Is it slower or the same

Here was 12 spins, now 21 spins

for me look like the same as 10.6.2...

With my M2.4 no test with 3.1.4 until now

Fabio

for me look like the same as 10.6.2...

With my M2.4 no test with 3.1.4 until now

Fabio

When I remove AppleHDA.kext - no matter which version (10.6.2 or 10.6.3, the same rezult) , the boot time is 12 spins again.

As soon as I put AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E, the boot time get slower , and it is 21 spins

Strange, a?

When I remove AppleHDA.kext - no matter which version (10.6.2 or 10.6.3, the same rezult) , the boot time is 12 spins again.

As soon as I put AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E, the boot time get slower , and it is 21 spins

Strange, a?

intresting findings

fc bayern post this info in the Master Chief trend

about "boot time" maybe someone can

explaing why...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208807

---

other issue on our mobo with the new 10.6.3?

Fabio

Wow, what a great resource! I've read through almost this entire thread (26 pages!) but still have a couple questions. I apologize if these were obvious or I skimmed over them while reading, I'm fairly new to the OSX86 thing.

1. By typing in arch=i386, are you simply loading the 32-bit kernel that loads by default on real macs, but is still capable of running 64-bit applications and utilizing large amount of memory? If so, does loading 64-bit do the same thing as holding down 6+4 on boot on a real mac? If not, do you lose 64-bit abilities in 32-bit mode?

I'll answer the questions I know...

Yes. arch=i386 32 bit arch=x86_64 64 bit(default)

2. The 930 has pushed the 920's out of my local Fry's shoppe, do I need to do anything special? They seem to be identical, but I don't know if selecting 920 during the P6TDeluxeV2Installerv1.13.pkg install will mess anything up.

For now, use the Processor Independent DSDT, and then take a look at post #4 in this thread on how to dump your ACPI tables. I think there is another thread with a better DSDT for your board. Though I know at least one person (dirtycofe) reported success using the files in this thread.

3. I will have the GTS 250 GPU, is there anything I need to do or modify, or is all that included in the latest pkg and DSDT?

Not sure, I think that will work by default...I'm sure someone here knows.

4. Is there a definitive fix for the firewire port? The main purpose of this machine will be a Logic Audio Editing computer, so I will need the functionality of my Firewire 1814 interface.

???

5. There were a number of reports of audio/firewire/ethernet/sleep problems and fixes. Have the fixes been rolled into the most current pkg and DSDT or do I need to apply the fixes per the most recent posts?

A new installer will be released soon. I'll try to use the best configuration based on the feedback received so far.

6. Because I have the ASUS P6T SE, the audio chipset is ALC1200. Since I am using the flash drive method in post 2, will copying that Kext file into Flashdrive>Extra>Extensions before I install Snow Leopard be enough? After I install the combo update(s), will I need to replace this and any other kexts?

Just copy the audio kext after installation. There is no need to have it in place during the install.

Also, I assume it to be obvious where we type in these boot commands into Chameleon, but I don't personally know it as I've never seen the screen and won't have my Hackintosh hardware until tomorrow. Perhaps a screen shot of that would help others in my situation? I know the best thing is to dive in and try it yourself, but I am trying to get the most solid grip on this procedure I can before getting the hardware. After all, this is going to be a production computer and I want as little downtime as possible.

There is a graphical boot screen, hit Tab and that will give you the loader prompt...if that's what you are asking.

A new installer will be released soon. I'll try to use the best configuration based on the feedback received so far.

Awesome, thank you! Would it be best for me to wait to install until then? Also, when new versions are posted, is there a way to apply the changes to current systems, or is a clean OS install required?

There is a graphical boot screen, hit Tab and that will give you the loader prompt...if that's what you are asking.

Yes, that helps a lot. Thank you again!

Hi, sorry but I have trouble with the new update 10.6.3. I can't boot to SL anymore. Something like "previous system shutdown false 0". Someone can help me? ;)

My specs:

Asus P6T Deluxe V1 Bios 2101

i7 920 D0

6 Go Ram DDR3 1600 Mhz Cas 8

ATI HD 4870 1 Go

Thx much in advance

The problem is your ATI HD 4870

you need the 10.6.2 version of this kext ATI4800Controller.kext, ATISupport.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext

For more info see the netkas website

Fabio

netkas say:

readeon 4830/4850 – new framebuffer has same problem as leopard’s – inability to work without dvi2vga dongle in second port, to fix it – use 10.6.2 framebuffer, to do it – make backups of the following kexts before update:ATI4800Controller.kext

ATISupport.kext

ATIFramebuffer.kext

My DSDT M2.5 is out

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSDT M2.5

Mar, 30 2010

i7 940

i7 920

i7 basic (version with no SS)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please we need feedback on it

This version will be include in the next Installer by dgobe.

Fabio