[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Hi All!

I've a problem described bellow:

I used this with succes : Asus P6TDeluxV2_boot_132v1.13.7z.zip (big big thanx!)

Everything was working fine except the VGA. There was no qe/ci support for the 4870x2 videocard, 'cause it was'n a reference card (gainward rampage700). / I use to try the : qe/ci exotic patch...... :-//

So I changed my vidcard to a : msi n295gtx-m2d1792 (double pcb) and now my system is even not booting, nor I can't start my snow leo retail disc to reinstall osx.

Error is attached bellow.

Please help me guys to solve the problem.

Thanx!!!

post-264950-1269355831_thumb.jpg

sorry fo my bad English

i have the same trouble with zotac GTX 295 (dual pcb)... reading this post didn't help me

what kexts i must take and put where?

a have no osx desktop, and i can't use gfxutil

maybe only vmware with server 10.6

@iFabio:

Why does the AD2000b.kext work on your system? In my case, the audio isn't working.

Thanks

If the Audio don't work probably you have update the AppleHDA see dgobe first post

him say warning on this update! (you have to put back the previusly version of AppleHDA from 10.6.2 combo update).

Different things for VoodooHDA is not affect from the last Apple update.

But I'm sure at 99% the AD2000B work until now

Other tricks.... change the model in SMBIOS.plist as MacPro3,1 so you are safe from this Audio kill update Again

Fabio

What about your sleep?

For your Ati card 4870 see this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155477

Fabio

Thank you iFabio to the response. But it's to late, i change my ati 4870x2 card, and that thing is irreversible.... :P

@stealth_d: how to get back your "working system"? try this: HOW TO MOVE THE KEXTS, it's 100% working for me.

But now i'm at the start line.... :-D

UP: i've solved the problem. my msi gtx295 is fully working!

@stealth_d: after you moved the NV* kexts and your system will able to booting up, just move back the NV* kexts, but do not rebboot the system! First use this method: How to get your GTX 295 working with  Snow Leopard Step-by-Step than after use the kext utility for repair permissions... reboot and enjoy!

Thank you iFabio to the response. But it's to late, i change my ati 4870x2 card, and that thing is irreversible.... :(

@stealth_d: how to get back your "working system"? try this: HOW TO MOVE THE KEXTS, it's 100% working for me.

But now i'm at the start line.... :-D

UP: i've solved the problem. my msi gtx295 is fully working!

@stealth_d: after you moved the NV* kexts and your system will able to booting up, just move back the NV* kexts, but do not rebboot the system! First use this method: How to get your GTX 295 working with  Snow Leopard Step-by-Step than after use the kext utility for repair permissions... reboot and enjoy!

thanks, but i can't start install

i have kernel panic, like in early post 

how you solved the problem?!

I've just come across this thread, and tried out the DSDT from the first page.

I had a perfectly good working Snow setup, but wanted to get rid of one or two kexts in E/E so I thought I'd try this DSDT out.

It works absolutely fine, but I have one or two questions.

1) If I use the 'normal' DSDT I get the Orange Icon for my SATA drives on the desktop, and in System Profiler, my SATA comes up as Intel ICH10 which is what I would expect. (Normally, I would use a kext to fix the icon thing.) If, however, I use the DSDT for 'Internal SATA ID', I don't need the icon fix kext, but my SATA shows up as Intel ESB2 in system profiler. Is that correct?

2) Are there advantages in using the Graphics card boot.plist with string compared to just using GraphicsEnabler=y? I can't see any difference.

Thanks.

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please help with the following issue,

I got my Hackintosh up n running, however I use a sitecom WIFI adpater (WL-352) under windows 7 when I leave that stick in my computer OSX (10.6.2) won't startup, I get the hardware failure screen, press power to restart screen, is there a way for my to disable this incompatible hardware, in other words where OSX ignores this, to avoid me having to plug in and out the adapter.

Thanks in advance

Marcus

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please help with the following issue,

I got my Hackintosh up n running, however I use a sitecom WIFI adpater (WL-352) under windows 7 when I leave that stick in my computer OSX (10.6.2) won't startup, I get the hardware failure screen, press power to restart screen, is there a way for my to disable this incompatible hardware, in other words where OSX ignores this, to avoid me having to plug in and out the adapter.

Thanks in advance

Marcus

I don't know this device...

maybe can't boot in 64 bit mode... try boot with 32 bit mode...

In the website...

http://www.sitecom.com/download/4413/WL-34...356-MacOS-X.zip

Fabio

Thanks Fabio

Can you perhaps tell me how to boot in 32 mode?

Thanks again

If you are using Chameleon, then you need to change your arch=x86_64 to arch=i386 in your boot.plist file.

Anyone any thoughts on my questions in post above, i.e.

1) If I use the 'normal' DSDT I get the Orange Icon for my SATA drives on the desktop, and in System Profiler, my SATA comes up as Intel ICH10 which is what I would expect. (Normally, I would use a kext to fix the icon thing.) If, however, I use the DSDT for 'Internal SATA ID', I don't need the icon fix kext, but my SATA shows up as Intel ESB2 in system profiler. Is that correct?

2) Are there advantages in using the Graphics card boot.plist with string compared to just using GraphicsEnabler=y? I can't see any difference.

If you are using Chameleon, then you need to change your arch=x86_64 to arch=i386 in your boot.plist file.

Anyone any thoughts on my questions in post above, i.e.

question 1:

Yes is correct with sata id(Coming from MacPro3,1) you see ESB2,

W/o this "injection" we use a "natural" ICH10 (this is strange because a real MacPro4,1 use this same device but look like internal.

But onestly I have not test the real difference in performance.

quetion 2:

If you make some test bench you can see that there are no difference in number...

But feel the EFI STRINGS or DSDT GFX injection the system reply faster...

Fabio

Thanks Fabio

Can you perhaps tell me how to boot in 32 mode?

Thanks again

That worked, thanks

I booted manually by using tab arch=i368

I guess I need to edit the boot.plist, I found it under extra, can I just add that line in the list,

Please provide me with instructions to amend this file properly, don't want to break it again, lol

That worked, thanks

I booted manually by using tab arch=i368

I guess I need to edit the boot.plist, I found it under extra, can I just add that line in the list,

Please provide me with instructions to amend this file properly, don't want to break it again, lol

add this two lines in you com.apple.Boot.plist located in Extra/

Kernel Flags

arch=i386

... maybe you already have Kernel Flags so... just add the last arch=i386

Fabio

add this two lines in you com.apple.Boot.plist located in Extra/

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

... maybe you already have <key>Kernel Flags</key> so... just add the last <string>arch=i386</string>

Fabio

Thanks you very much, that worked like a charm, I am very excited right now :)

So from my understanding I need to wait till a 64 bit compatible wifi adapter for OSX comes available to run in 64 mode, correct?

Thanks you very much, that worked like a charm, I am very excited right now ;)

So from my understanding I need to wait till a 64 bit compatible wifi adapter for OSX comes available to run in 64 mode, correct?

yep...

Me too I have the same problem until ralinktech realize 64 bit "driver" for my D-Link DWL-G122 USB..

just tobay I update the kext and now I can use it in full 64 ;)

Fabio

quetion 2:

If you make some test bench you can see that there are no difference in number...

But feel the EFI STRINGS or DSDT GFX injection the system reply faster...

Fabio

Thanks.

Is there any way of getting the brightness slider to work with this gfx card, i.e. GTX285? I am unable to adjust brightness in games, etc.

yep...

Me too I have the same problem until ralinktech realize 64 bit "driver" for my D-Link DWL-G122 USB..

just tobay I update the kext and now I can use it in full 64 :(

Fabio

Good for you ;-)

Thanks for explaning I appreciate it

I've had this working fine until today. I tried to get the onboard line outs working by using voodoo. All the happened was that I lost the sound all together :) so I just put the old .kext back and rebooted. Once it started back up my HDD appears as an external drive and I don't know why. Shifting it to a different SATA port causes a boot fail of one kind or another.

P6T Deluxe

i7 920

HD4870

WD Caviar Blue

Picture.

screenshot20100326at165.th.jpg

Any ideas?

Oh MY GOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Ive been trying to figure out how to make my PC a Hackintosh for months and months..

And since im so stupid when it comes to these things i never made it close to success.

But after readin this thread i went and bought SL CD and a Sata DVD.

AND IM INSTALLING RIGHT NOW!! 15 more minutes.. OMG OMG OMG

Im sure it will get messed up in the process but im hoping like mad. I just wanted to say thanx for this, and if i acually make it. Ill cry and think of you guys haha

If not... Then ill report back here and see if it can be fixed =)

//Cyn

Hi guys

I cant belive it but im in OSX. Got a Hackintosh!! Whoohoo =)

PROBLEMS THO

I cant get my Internet working.

I got my internet from DSL modem to router then to the PC. But nomatter what i do the DHCP wont work. Any ideas?

Sorry for all the post. Internet is fixed.

My only problem right now is that i cant get my Firewire soundcard to work. Its a SaffireLE from Focusrite, connected to the FW slot in the back of the motherboard.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for all the post. Internet is fixed.

My only problem right now is that i cant get my Firewire soundcard to work. Its a SaffireLE from Focusrite, connected to the FW slot in the back of the motherboard.

Any suggestions?

Check if your soundcard's drivers are 32 bit only or 64 bit capable and check also if you are booting in 32 or 64 bits mode.

My TC Konnekt Live for example is Firewire, is connected to the integrated rear FW slot and works perfectly...but in 32 bit only, so I've to boot in that way, waiting for a new 64 bits driver.