[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Yes for the DSDT you can drop/ copy n paste, and the "icon" no change notthing... :(

Get work the system somethime is no easy...

try a fresh install again

Fabio

Okay thanks :angel:

I don't mind it being complicated... what I don't understand is the illogical part of it, I have followed all directions numerous times, and still...

Not able to start up/ install without X mode

Once installed no complete USB support

This happens as well without crossfire setting and just 1 Graphics card.

I mean there must be a reason, right? if everyone gets it to work then I am starting to think that an install under X is compromised, and until I have solve the graphics issue I will never have full functionality, or so I see this too simple?

I don't mind buying an other graphics card as along as I know that it will work.

I really hoped it would work but I am after 2 weeks I am starting to loose a little faith in my ventures :rolleyes:

Thanks for your time thou

Okay thanks ;)

I don't mind it being complicated... what I don't understand is the illogical part of it, I have followed all directions numerous times, and still...

Not able to start up/ install without X mode

Once installed no complete USB support

This happens as well without crossfire setting and just 1 Graphics card.

I mean there must be a reason, right? if everyone gets it to work then I am starting to think that an install under X is compromised, and until I have solve the graphics issue I will never have full functionality, or so I see this too simple?

I don't mind buying an other graphics card as along as I know that it will work.

I really hoped it would work but I am after 2 weeks I am starting to loose a little faith in my ventures :(

Thanks for your time thou

Okay now I am 100% convinced is my graphics card, because,

I just checked PROCESSOR INDEPENDENT

New image drive w P6TdeluxeInstaller

Installed

booted w GraphicsEnabler =n

and guess what... there was no screen image ( as expected) however my sounds was playing the intro video sound,

Meaning my USB was working, and I am certain it just gets disabled in X mode

all I need to do is get a compatible GraphicsCard for my config, d you have any suggestion?

Okay now I am 100% convinced is my graphics card, because,

I just checked PROCESSOR INDEPENDENT

New image drive w P6TdeluxeInstaller

Installed

booted w GraphicsEnabler =n

and guess what... there was no screen image ( as expected) however my sounds was playing the intro video sound,

Meaning my USB was working, and I am certain it just gets disabled in X mode

all I need to do is get a compatible GraphicsCard for my config, d you have any suggestion?

Now i'm at work...

Some post ago dgobe post a list of compatible

gfx native wuth the bootloader...

Fabio

Hey, since i can't seem to post a new topic, i will ask it here.

I have an asus p6t and im stuck.

I can only find guides for the asus p6t SE or Deluxe.

Can some1 help me out.

I found 1 guide for the regular asus p6t.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;showentry=613

But they are talking about the mac osc 10.5.5 kalyway edition.

I cant seem to find that 1, only 10.5.2 can some1 please help me out?

Thank in advance

Okay now I am 100% convinced is my graphics card

my friend has 3870 and he had very hard time making it work in snow leopard. it worked in regular leopard, but he couldnt make it in snow leopard. i guess you are out of luck, unless there is something new going on (he tried half a year ago)

for new card, gtx260 is used a lot on forums or get older second hand 8800gt. as long as you get the two-DVI version, you are fine. if you dont want problems, stay away from the dvi/vga/hdmi-combo cards, really.

my friend has 3870 and he had very hard time making it work in snow leopard. it worked in regular leopard, but he couldnt make it in snow leopard. i guess you are out of luck, unless there is something new going on (he tried half a year ago)

for new card, gtx260 is used a lot on forums or get older second hand 8800gt. as long as you get the two-DVI version, you are fine. if you dont want problems, stay away from the dvi/vga/hdmi-combo cards, really.

dbe you are right!

So as described qbe... before buy a new card... try if yours 2x38xx works with OSX version 10.5.x (Leopard).

Fabio

Hi!

Today I installed the DSDT.aml (3.1.4) and my sleep doesn't work. Only my monitor goes to sleep and my computer not. It's also impossible to wake up the TFT. EDIT: I tried it again and now, my computer restarts after activate the sleep mode!

(Before I installed the DSDT, my system was build with the manual of this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...2978&st=122 and everything worked fine, except the sleep, because my computer went to sleep, but after 15 minutes it woke up automatically...)

EDIT:

And my sound doesen't work with AD2000b.kext!

But now I installed VoodooHDA.kext, an it works!

Thanks and sorry for my bad English,

muffin92

I really appreciate you giving me this feedback, I am looking into buying a new card.

Club 3D CGNX-G9824G, Green edition DVI

Asus ENGTX260 GL+/2DI (Retail, TV-Out, 2x DVI)

I guess both of these should work double DVI, any suggestion on these choices?

@Fabio,

I prefer to make it work on snow, I am used to it by now, and have the disk

I really appreciate you giving me this feedback, I am looking into buying a new card.

Club 3D CGNX-G9824G, Green edition DVI

Asus ENGTX260 GL+/2DI (Retail, TV-Out, 2x DVI)

I guess both of these should work double DVI, any suggestion on these choices?

@Fabio,

I prefer to make it work on snow, I am used to it by now, and have the disk

Yah that' great w the new Graphics cards I am able to install on run it normally, however upon restart after installed my WIFI adapter I got the screen (press power etc), meaning it's incompatible.

I am re-installing fresh

Is there something I can do to work around it this since the adapter it's a new one sitecom 352 micro ( MAC compatible) 300N wifi adapter?

Thanks

Can Some1 help me please!

donnie1992.

You ask for help... what about your test until now?

Some success? what OSX you try to install? 10.5.x or 10.6.x

Give more information.

Fabio

Hi,

I would like to thank everyone. I got it all working on my ASUS P6T SE, except audio but i will that sorted in abit. apart from that everything worked great without any problems.

just one question, how can i make it so it boots it auto selects and boots MACOSX instead of me making to press ENTER to select in chameleon.

Thank again..

Hi,

I would like to thank everyone. I got it all working on my ASUS P6T SE, except audio but i will that sorted in abit. apart from that everything worked great without any problems.

just one question, how can i make it so it boots it auto selects and boots MACOSX instead of me making to press ENTER to select in chameleon.

Thank again..

Edit /YourDisk/Extra/com.apple.boot.plist by adding the following lines if you don't have them or editing string values if they are set in different way:

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>00</string>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,2)</string> ------------> Here is my Snow Leo (disk0,partition2). It's my primary disk, but second partition. If you formatted as GUID (as you should have) you will have a primary invisible-unusable partition.

Change this values according to your situation.

You will never be prompted again, but if you need it, you boot menù will still be there. Pree F8 while Chamaleon loads and you'll see it.

Hey guys, i have a question..

I just bough a 60 GB Vertex SSD to put my OS Partition on it (10.6.2).

However i have read that AHCI can slow down the SSD performance and/or reducing its life time. OCZ recommend to use SATA - IDE Enhanced.

Is there anyway to use this mode, when i select it, i have a waiting for root device loop.

I would like to have more precisions if it's possible, or is AHCI is fine ?

Thanks again guys :D

Hey guys, i have a question..

I just bough a 60 GB Vertex SSD to put my OS Partition on it (10.6.2).

However i have read that AHCI can slow down the SSD performance and/or reducing its life time. OCZ recommend to use SATA - IDE Enhanced.

Is there anyway to use this mode, when i select it, i have a waiting for root device loop.

Thanks again guys :P

Try using the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

Asus P6T Deluxe V1 & V2 boot-132 Install Method

No Mac Required!

ATTENTION! This update will kill your sound, released Feb 11, 2010

For now the solution is to download the 10.6.2 Combo Update from Apple and extract AppleHDA.kext using Pacifist. Copy the kext to /System/Library/Extensions and repair permissions with Kext Utility. OR, DON'T INSTALL IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Credits

We'll start off with a few credits...

Requirements

• An Asus P6T Deluxe V1 or V2 motherboard based computer.

• Asus P6TD reported to work by qbe.

• Asus P6T SE reported to work by dirtycofe.

• Please PM me with other supported boards and I'll put them here

• The ISO attached to the bottom of this post.

• The Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation DVD.

• A supported graphics card

• Nice utility for those that have to add additional kexts for their board --

Basic Installation Instructions

This assumes the system has a single SATA hard drive and a SATA DVD drive attached. Alternate partition and multi-boot setups may be covered in another post below. Download and extract the attached ISO and burn it to a CD or DVD.

BIOS Settings

Main->Storage Configuration

post-242023-1264296674_thumb.jpg

AiTweaker, all Auto or enabled

post-242023-1264296682_thumb.jpg

Advanced->CPU Configuration, all Auto or Enabled (except A20M disabled)

post-242023-1264296690_thumb.jpg

Advanced->Onboard Devices Configuration (Marvell Storage optional)

post-242023-1264296701_thumb.jpg

Advanced->Chipset->Intel VT-d Configuration (optional)

post-242023-1264296714_thumb.jpg

Advanced->PCIPnP

post-242023-1264296722_thumb.jpg

Power, Some people set Repost to Yes -- helps with wake.

post-242023-1264296730_thumb.jpg

Operating System Install

1. Boot off the boot-132 CD you created, you can hit F8 when the system is POSTing and use the Asus BIOS Boot Selector to choose your DVD drive as the boot drive . You'll end up at a Chameleon boot screen.

2. At this point remove the boot-132 disk and insert the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation DVD. Press F5 and after the screen refreshes you'll see the Mac OS X Install DVD as a boot option. Select it using the arrow keys and hit Enter to boot. This starts the retail Snow Leopard installation process. If you boot to a black screen, Start from Step 1 again and after hitting F5, hit Tab. You can try typing in the following kernel flags to get your video working. Try each combination. A visit to netkas.org might help you find information to get your card fully working after installation.

• -x

• GraphicsEnabler=n

• GraphicsEnabler=n arch=i386

[*]Choose your language and proceed to the next screen.

[*]From the menu at the top of the screen select Utilities->Disk Utility. Select your hard drive and partition it as a GUID(GPT) disk and leave it at the default file system type. Apply the changes so the partition is laid out and the file systems are formatted. Exit Disk Utility.

[*]You can now continue through the retail install process, selecting the Volume you just created as the installation target. When everything is done installing your computer will restart.

[*]Hit F8 during the POST so you get the Asus BIOS Boot Selector screen. Remove the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation DVD and put the boot-132 disk back in the drive. Select the DVD drive from the boot selector and press Enter. You will arrive at the Chameleon boot screen again, but this time you will have the hard drive volume you just installed to as a boot option. Use the arrow keys to select it and press Enter.

[*]Enjoy the video and then continue through the Apple setup process. When you get to the Registration screen you should hit Command-Q or Windows Key-Q(the windows key is between the left Ctrl and Alt keys) and skip the registration. Finish up the rest of the installation screens and you'll be left at the OS X Desktop.

[*]In the upper right corner of the screen you will see an icon for the DVD drive. Double-click it and there will be an installer package named P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg. Double-click that and go through the installation screens. If you have multiple Volumes select the correct one as the installation target.

[*]Click the Applications folder in the Dock on the lower-right, it will pop open and then you will click the Utilities folder, then click Terminal. At the Terminal screen type in:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Hit Enter and put in your password when prompted.
This will rebuild your extensions cache so the network adapters will be recognized.
You may also have to go to System Preferences in the Dock and then go to the Network icon
for the adapters to be recognized.

[*]Click the Apple in the upper left part of the screen and select Restart...

Remove all disks from the DVD drive and see if you can boot. If you can then you are done! If not, I've encountered some boot problems in testing and the following solution helped.

Solutions to boot problems

This solution requires you to boot off the boot-132 CD/DVD disk and select your hard drive. This will get you to the Desktop so you can try each fix.

• Go to Applications->Utilities->Terminal and try these commands at the prompt.

mount <Enter>
    You should see output similar to this:

/dev/disk3s2 on / (hfs, local, journaled)
    devfs on /dev (devfs, local, nobrowse)
    map -hosts on /net (autofs, nosuid, automounted, nobrowse)
    map auto_home on /home (autofs, automounted, nobrowse)

The first line shows your root volume
    Yours may be mounted on a different device e.g. /dev/disk2s2
    Type in:
    sudo fdisk -e /dev/diskX <Enter> replace X with your drive number

You are now at an fdisk prompt. Type:
    p <Enter> to print the partition table, you will see output like this:

Disk: /dev/disk3 geometry: 60801/255/63 [976773168 sectors]
    Offset: 0 Signature: 0xAA55
    Starting Ending
    #: id cyl hd sec - cyl hd sec [ start - size]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1: EE 1023 254 63 - 1023 254 63 [ 1 - 976773167] GPT 
    2: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused 
    3: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused 
    4: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused 

Type:
    flag 1 <Enter> To flag your partition as active, it will be the one with id EE.

Type:
    w <Enter> To write the changes, hit y at the reboot warning if present.

Type q <Enter> to quit.  Reboot and remove all disks again to see if it works.

If not, boot one more time from the boot-132 disk and select the hard drive.
    Once at the Desktop, double-click the CD/DVD icon and run the
    P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg installation package again.

Downloads

7-zip software for Mac:

http://leifertin.info/Leifertin/mac_apps/mac_apps.html

7-zip software for Windows:

http://www.7-zip.org/

7-zip software for *nix:

http://p7zip.sourceforge.net/

• Updated 2/3/2010 v1.13 If you select the Processor Independent DSDT it will install Fabio's v3.00 DSDT
    Use v1.12 package to revert if there are problems.
    You can select just the DSDT in the installer, no need to copy main installation files again.
  • Updated 1/26/2010 v1.12 Updated initrd.img to use the latest boot file and added AppleVIAATA.kext for PATA and eSATA support.
    Use 'arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n' if you have problems booting
  • Updated 1/23/2010 v1.10 Added Processor Independent DSDT(provided by iFabio) to the installer package for those that have a CPU other than the 920 or 940

This attachment is actually an archive created with 7-zip. I had to name it with a .zip extension so it would upload. Please remove the .zip from the end of the filename and use 7-zip to extract the ISO.

If using Safari to download go to Safari->Preferences and uncheck 'Open "safe" files after downloading' in the General section. You can change it back after download

AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.13.7z.zip

AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.12.7z.zip

to make the bootable CD, Do i have to extract the .iso content and burn the INITRD.IMG by itself or burn the whole AsusP6TDeluxeV2_V1.3.iso Because I tried bot ways the (burned the .iso first, that didn't work) (and then then burned the INITRD.IMG) and still gives me an error that can't boot linux boot or something like that. Anyways please help guys. I have Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and ATI4850X2 video cards Hard Drive is 1.4TB Thanks!

I have a OCZ and Corsair SSD both work fine with AHCI enabled. In fact Corsair strongly recommends to have AHCI enabled to get better performance and extend its life time. Funny isn'it? (IMO the OCZ's just have lousy controler chips, thats all.) So yes AHCI is fine, at least I dont have any probs with it. :P

B2T

Thanks for this awesome guide dgobe! I was able to install SL on my P6T Deluxe easily and in no time. But one thing left, when I shutdown SL my G19 keyboard has still all key lights on and the DVD drive locks the disk, and just release it till I boot up Win7 or SL again. Any idea whats wrong?

Thanks in advance! :P

I have a OCZ and Corsair SSD both work fine with AHCI enabled. In fact Corsair strongly recommends to have AHCI enabled to get better performance and extend its life time. Funny isn'it? (IMO the OCZ's just have lousy controler chips, thats all.) So yes AHCI is fine, at least I dont have any probs with it. :D

B2T

Thanks for this awesome guide dgobe! I was able to install SL on my P6T Deluxe easily and in no time. But one thing left, when I shutdown SL my G19 keyboard has still all key lights on and the DVD drive locks the disk, and just release it till I boot up Win7 or SL again. Any idea whats wrong?

Thanks in advance! :)

Thanks,

I will try this tonight, as AHCI ;)

Hi All!

I've a problem described bellow:

I used this with succes : Asus P6TDeluxV2_boot_132v1.13.7z.zip (big big thanx!)

Everything was working fine except the VGA. There was no qe/ci support for the 4870x2 videocard, 'cause it was'n a reference card (gainward rampage700). / I use to try the : qe/ci exotic patch...... :-//

So I changed my vidcard to a : msi n295gtx-m2d1792 (double pcb) and now my system is even not booting, nor I can't start my snow leo retail disc to reinstall osx.

Error is attached bellow.

Please help me guys to solve the problem.

Thanx!!!

post-264950-1269355831_thumb.jpg

hi

please list here you kext in extra/extensions

and... Sure you rebuild your cache?

Fabio

Sorry fort my late reply, but i was on holidays.

Yes, I rebuild the cache, and my Extra/Extensions folder contains:

- AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

- AppleVIAATA.kext

- fakesmc.kext

- OpenHaltRestart.kext

- OrangeIconFix.kext

- VoodooHDA.kext

Sorry fort my late reply, but i was on holidays.

Yes, I rebuild the cache, and my Extra/Extensions folder contains:

- AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

- AppleVIAATA.kext

- fakesmc.kext

- OpenHaltRestart.kext

- OrangeIconFix.kext

- VoodooHDA.kext

my test works with:

- AD2000b (audio)

- AppleVIAATA (IDE & eSATA)

- fakesmc (decripter)

and 3.1.4 or M2.4 DSDT

if you use a DSDT with Sata id (see link in the

first page you don't need orangeIconFix)

Fabio