[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Creating the fstab for write acces is not recommended, has been discussed here and other places, i'm currently recovering an external drive after doing the fstab thing and it totally borked my 1TB drive. Luckily i'm able to recover the files as it seems.

Read both pages: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...186460&st=0

thanks. so does any one have any other solution?

Great work, keep it UP!!! I have been running hackintosh for a good two years.. running everything from iDeneb with my AMD to now this with my newer setup. I can't believe how eay you have made it for me to reboot my system. I have already had two hard drive failures ;)

I'd like to add one request.... I have two video cards

a 8800gt and a 260gtx... I've tried to get three monitors running at one time with little to no success.

I have followed aquamac's dual card gfx strings but it doesn't seem to work for the ASUS p6t deluxe v2 at

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...=569&page=1

If someone has it working can they point me in the right direction or help me get this up and running, would be appreciated greatly

Hi,

Just try this DSDT. It's modified iFabio 2.3 DSDT with 2 graphics card injected in it.

Remove GraphicsEnabler=Yes from com.apple.Boot.plist.

DSDT.aml.zip

KN6600 THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.....THAT DSDT DID THE TRICK

FABIO WHEN YOU GET BACK.. THANK YOU ...

now I can upgrade by flanking monitors... this makes work sooo much more bearable....

I thank all of you who put hours into figuring this stuff out....

Hi dgobe, yes I was using the DSDT.aml file included in the v1.12 installer package, the monitor goes to sleep, same for hard drives but the CPU remains powered on, obviously with OHR kext en /E/E.

Did you know which changes did Fabio made that are related with the sleep function? Does it ever has functioned without using an additional kext? Or should I ask him when he comes back?

This one is more general:

Another thing to mention is that even if I use the DSDT made for the i7 920 CPU (the one that has speedstep) using MSR Tools (in 32bit mode) it doesn't show any downclocking active, but I think it has to do with the MacPro4_1.plist contained in IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext because it doesn't has speedstep enabled (MacPro3_1.plist has it). This is mentioned in d00d's thread GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications.

Related to this there is also something interesting in that thread that there is a new Gigabyte BIOS that allows Dynamic VCORE and when it is enabled (in conjunction with speedstep) it allows lowering the temperatures. The bad thing is that Asus Auto VCORE doesn't behave like it, it even rises the temperatures up.

Anybody tried it and has more information?

Hello all, hope someone can help me out. Everything so far has been working fine with this install method except that i can't seem to install the 10.6.2 update and get the following error:

4405f868922822.gif

The disk in question is an Intel X25-M G2 80GB and here is the info for it:

5c212f68922823.gif

I tried installing the update thru the system update but got kernel panic when it was almost done installing and finally couldn't boot up the system again so i had to reinstall the whole system so i instead downloaded the update and tried to install and got the above error.

So the question is, can this update just not be installed on a SSD disk or what. If it just isn't possible then no problem, i'll just install the system on a raptor disk instead but it would surely be nice to keep running the system on the ssd disk.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

@the1994

Verify that you have the correct BIOS settings, SpeedStep and C-States in particular.

Well, today I checked and it was about 48 C, so I'm not sure what was going on before, but it seems fine now.

@ the1994 - Does your sleep function work?

That was one thing I hadn't tried.. the only thing that happens when I tell it to go to sleep is the screen goes off and fans get louder. If i move the mouse, it comes back.

Oh, and today I plugged my Turtle Beach X41 headset into the optical out on the motherboard, not expecting it to work in OS X. It surprisingly works, but not volume control. I can't change the volume or mute it..any ideas?

Update: About 5 minutes ago I got my first kernel panic :). It said something about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext being a kernel extension in backtrace. Could this be because I updated to 10.6.2?

Hello all, hope someone can help me out. Everything so far has been working fine with this install method except that i can't seem to install the 10.6.2 update and get the following error:

4405f868922822.gif

The disk in question is an Intel X25-M G2 80GB and here is the info for it:

5c212f68922823.gif

I tried installing the update thru the system update but got kernel panic when it was almost done installing and finally couldn't boot up the system again so i had to reinstall the whole system so i instead downloaded the update and tried to install and got the above error.

So the question is, can this update just not be installed on a SSD disk or what. If it just isn't possible then no problem, i'll just install the system on a raptor disk instead but it would surely be nice to keep running the system on the ssd disk.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

It can be installed on a solid state drive..I updated to 10.6.2 just fine with my OCZ SSD. The only problem is that I experienced a kernel panic.. not sure if it's from updating or not.

I'm having some trouble with this install. When I boot into the installer I get to the 'Install Max OS X' screen and the area under 'Select the disk where you want to install' is blank. Any ideas?

P6T Deluxe

i7 920

HD4870

WD Caviar Blue

Cheers, Kip

Ps. The disk is formatted for Windows Vista but I've got a separate partition for the OSX and I'm going to give dual-boot a try. Is it perhaps this that is the issue? Do I need to reformat the disk?

I'm having some trouble with this install. When I boot into the installer I get to the 'Install Max OS X' screen and the area under 'Select the disk where you want to install' is blank. Any ideas?

P6T Deluxe

i7 920

HD4870

WD Caviar Blue

Cheers, Kip

Ps. The disk is formatted for Windows Vista but I've got a separate partition for the OSX and I'm going to give dual-boot a try. Is it perhaps this that is the issue? Do I need to reformat the disk?

did you set your hard drive as AHCI in your bios ?

Hi guys,

I have Asus P6T Deluxe V2, Core I7 920, Gainward GTX 295 but I cannot start the SL Installation.

I'm using a flash drive, copied the ATY 295 fix to the /Extra/Extenstions but I get Kernel Panic after I boot from Chameleon. I even moved the card to the second PCIE slot but still the same. I disabled GraphicsEnabler, tried arch=i386 but still nothing.

Can anybody help me start this installation? Thanks.

Nevermind, I had to remove the drivers that came with the original disk and the installation started.

After installing (first reboot) I got another KP, started the installation, deleted the NVidia drivers from /S/L/E on my hdd and it worked.

I cannot install the GTX295 though..

Has anyone else had issues with the P6TV2Installer?

I am doing the usb method and when I have to run the installer on the usb drive it freezes at "Writing Package Receipt" with one minute remaining.

I have tried multiple times but out of luck. Any suggestions?

First time poster, new dabbler in OSX86

Hello, I installed the retail macosx upgrade dvd on my Asus P6T Deluxe V1 bios 2004 with zero problems :D

Sleep is not working like many others in this thread. When I initiate sleep, my monitor and harddrives power down, however the motherboard and cpu remain on. Moving the mouse or touching a key on the keyboard exits this false sleep.

I used AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.13.7z.zip to boot the install. My CPU is a 920.

Some of the advice in this thread leads me to believe I just have to use another (older) DSDT.aml in order to get sleep functionality. So first I tried "i7 920 M2.3_920.zip ( 19.33K ) Number of downloads: 94" which iFabio suggests is "Last stable version (sleep and shutdown works w/ OHR)". I downloaded the file and copied it to /Extra/DSDT.aml (overwriting the DSDT.aml file already in the director, 12kb). The new downloaded DSDT.aml is 56kb. I reboot my PC and boot into SL without issue. I try the sleep function and it does not work. It works exactly as I described above.

Did I "downgrade" to the "stable" DSDT.aml correctly?

Because I am new to this scene, I was willing to take a risk for learning purposes... I deleted DSDT.aml from /Extra and proceeded to reboot my PC to see 'what would happen' (again, for the sake of trial and error learning). To my surprise, the PC booted into SL again without issue (I was expecting my install to be fudged). Once I was in OSX I tested the sleep function and it worked! However, after a few more minutes of using the OS, I realized that my sound was not working.

Great! I figured out that OSX can boot without a DSDT.aml, but my sound won't work without whatever is in the DSDT.aml. But sleep DID work without DSDT.aml... so naturally I'm asking if this is expected behavior. Is there anything I can personally do to the original 12kb DSDT.aml to "strip" the "sleep portion" of that configuration file so that sleep functions as if there was no DSDT.aml?

I'll be the first to admit I'm a noob. I'm not a programmer nor am I a hardware expert. Pardon me if these questions stink of delusional noob naiveté.

Thanks for everyone's work on this project :) I would just like to get my sleep to work :)

Try the attached DSDT. There are 3 files in the zip, pick the correct one and rename it to DSDT.aml and put it in Extra. We'll try to narrow down where the sleep problems started. This is M2.2.

There is an enabler for the audio in the DSDT that's why your audio breaks when you boot without one.

Try the attached DSDT. There are 3 files in the zip, pick the correct one and rename it to DSDT.aml and put it in Extra. We'll try to narrow down where the sleep problems started. This is M2.2.

Thanks for the reply dgobe! And thanks for all of your hard work, it is truly appreciated.

I downloaded the M2.2 file you attached. I renamed 920M2.2.aml to DSDT.aml and copied it to /Extra (replacing the DSDT.aml previously there). The size of the new DSDT.aml is 53kb for the sake of reference, and it matches the size of the 920M2.2.aml confirming I have the correct file in /Extra.

I rebooted my PC and booted into OSX without issue. Sleep does not work. It functions exactly like described in my previous post: monitor and harddisks power down, mobo/cpu remains on.

Thanks for the reply dgobe! And thanks for all of your hard work, it is truly appreciated.

I downloaded the M2.2 file you attached. I renamed 920M2.2.aml to DSDT.aml and copied it to /Extra (replacing the DSDT.aml previously there). The size of the new DSDT.aml is 53kb for the sake of reference, and it matches the size of the 920M2.2.aml confirming I have the correct file in /Extra.

I rebooted my PC and booted into OSX without issue. Sleep does not work. It functions exactly like described in my previous post: monitor and harddisks power down, mobo/cpu remains on.

OK, I'll add M2.1 to my previous post in a bit. I don't have access to my main machine so if someone knows what DSDT version was in v1.9(reported by kmcdaniel to have working sleep) of the installer let me know.....or post the installer package from the ISO. I won't be able to get at my computer until this weekend.

No luck with M2.1.

Unfortunately I have some bad news. Since making my original post I have been trying to recreate the successful sleep without a DSDT.aml file and have been unable to do so.

I have tried twice now since trying M2.1. I deleted DSDT.aml from /Extra and rebooted (no DSDT.aml in /Extra). When I initiate sleep with no DSDT.aml, my monitors, harddisks, and the lights on my Logitech G5 mouse go off. When I try to exit this false sleep I cannot. Clicking buttons on my mouse and moving it around does not "wake" the machine, nor does pressing the keyboard. When I press the keyboard my Numlock light comes on, but the computer does not wake.

I regret to admit that I may have jumped the gun when making my original post. While I *know* I had a successful sleep and wake using no DSDT.aml, there must be something else, some other factors, that I am unaware of at this time that had influenced the successful sleep and wake earlier.

My sincere apologies for wasting your time dgobe (and anyone else's). I should know better than to make a post claiming something without trying to reproduce the results. To be honest I was super excited that the computer successfully slept and woke that I rushed to make a post rather than trying to reproduce the results.

There is a sleep issue that needs to be fixed. I don't have access to the v1.9 installer anymore so if someone has it, like I said before, please post it. If we can find where the breakage started it will be easier to fix. That way Fabio will have something to do when he gets back from vacation ;)

Also, see my updated post #3. Maybe we can get SpeedStep supported on more processors.

OK, I'll add M2.1 to my previous post in a bit. I don't have access to my main machine so if someone knows what DSDT version was in v1.9(reported by kmcdaniel to have working sleep) of the installer let me know.....or post the installer package from the ISO. I won't be able to get at my computer until this weekend.

Don't have an ISO but I have a zip, is this what your looking for?

P6TDeluxeV2Installer1.9.zip

1.9_DSDT.i920.zip

Hello World

I have just returned from my relaxing trip :P

I see that the sleep problem is very serious and also I personally for some discomfort.

As rightly pointed out dgobe from version M2.1 my DSDT something started go wrong with the Sleep ...

I compared my backup and beliefs have identified the problem .... Firewire "pach" is the problem...

I can not be 100% sure but almost ...

I did the following test ...

1) I decompiled the DSDT VM2.3-i7-940

2) I have deleted the part on the firewire "on conserving power bla bla"

3) .... saved and rebuilt ...

4) I added OpenHaltRestart.kext in Extra/Extensions

5) and I've rebuilt the cache it again

... I have SLEEP ... I repeat are not functioning 100% sure that the problem is due to that ... Today ( time to unpack) I'll do thorough checks... (I hope is so simple... :o)

I will try w/o OHR too... and I will try with my last DSDT 3.x too bye :)

@ karineko

Ja probe todas la soluciones propuesta en el foro de dood... la ASUS lamentablemente no tiene esa option (de momento) lo que puede probar es enjectar el MacPro3,1 por tentar obtener un voltaje dinamico.

Fabio ...

new DSDT

A new DSDT v3.1 in my first page...

pls read the note before using it! probably need OHR in E/E (for me works w/o OHR)

later I do more test on it... :P thx dgobe to point me back on DSDT M2.1 M2.3 difference...

So... people try it and pls post your experience

Fabio

So... people try it and pls post your experience

Fabio

I tried dsdt 3.1. First thing I noticed was that sound was not working. Sleep was not working for me. I have OHR.kext in my /E/E folder from the install process, however I'm not sure if it's working or not. I have no idea how to enable or disable or check kexts ;x