[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Fabio.... I know you said you took out PS2 support. I need it. What is the best way you recommend that I get PS2 support back in.... Thanks

I am booting in 64 bit mode with 64 bit kernel.

Also, is there any known way to get Sata working in RAID mode instead of ahci?

Here is my hardware:

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Intel i920

6GB DDR3

GTX280

3Ware 9500s

Fabio.... I know you said you took out PS2 support. I need it. What is the best way you recommend that I get PS2 support back in.... Thanks

I am booting in 64 bit mode with 64 bit kernel.

Also, is there any known way to get Sata working in RAID mode instead of ahci?

Here is my hardware:

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Intel i920

6GB DDR3

GTX280

3Ware 9500s

This is strange...

in the DSDT there is a PS/2 support :(

You need 2 file in your E/E to get your Keyboard Ps/2 to work... ask if some user link you where this file are...

Fabio

Dear all,

First of all, I like to thanks the Greatest Job From Dgobe and iFabio.

My first installation started with the Wziard's topic (How to Guide) with successfully (with little problems ex. sleep)

I made a new installation for update chameleon and DSDT.

Very easy installation. (Thanks Dgobe)

Boot loader: Chameleon 2 RC4/ AsereBLN 1.1.9

DSDT 3.1.3 by Fabio

Installer P6Tdeluxe package from Dgobe

However I use 2 GPU cards (BFG Nvidia GTS 250 512MB). Separately they work without problems. Together I receive a massage to turnoff and restart the PC

I use GFXutil injection to generate string HEX (PCIe 2.0 x16_1 slot blue PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0) and PCIe 2.0x16_2 slot white PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x7,0x0)

I remove graphics enabler and edit com.apple.Boot.plist with my <string>xxx.hex - 2 card using aquamac nvidia GTS 250 512MB</string>

With 1 GPU card and 2 monitors everything works like a charm.

Someone can help me?

Thans in Advance

Hi could you please post your hex string for graphic card.

Thanks

DSDTv3.1.4 in the first post.

Fix the firewire error in the log.

Fabio

i confirm firewire works, but mobo has to go to sleep first and when i wake it up, fw disks go online. is it same for you?

--------------

addon to my story of consumption, i made some observation with various devices, tested one by one, not all at the same time)

vcore set to auto (so asus bios actually lower vcore to 0.920 when idle, and 1.24 when load, 1.25 being stock for i7 920)

148W when idle

-23W when only one display conected (dual display disabled)

-10W without blackmagic device

-10W when all disk sleep (i think system disk not sleeping)

Fabio, thanks for your diligent hard work. The latest dsdt.dml (3.1.4) is working great. Sleep works!

Also, thanks to everyone else who has helped, especially dgobe. I understand how one's patience is tested when replying to noobs (like me) but it's all working great and I couldn't be happier.

Cheers gentlemen

This is strange...

in the DSDT there is a PS/2 support :(

You need 2 file in your E/E to get your Keyboard Ps/2 to work... ask if some user link you where this file are...

Fabio

Its strange, because with no additional PS kexts in E/E, it recognized that my keyboard was plugged in (came up with the keyboard wizard on first boot) but it wouldn't let me type the keys to get through the wizard ("type the key immediately to the right of the shift key" etc).

I have since just used the modified VoodooPS2 kexts and now I'm in business.

Its strange, because with no additional PS kexts in E/E, it recognized that my keyboard was plugged in (came up with the keyboard wizard on first boot) but it wouldn't let me type the keys to get through the wizard ("type the key immediately to the right of the shift key" etc).

I have since just used the modified VoodooPS2 kexts and now I'm in business.

As I previously said these Kext are needed in the E/E.

If you're talking about installation using the keyboard PS/2 ... I do not know

but on an existing installation work. So that you need those files to use the keyboard PS/2, maybe temporarily solved by using a USB keyboard. install files and then reconnect the keyboard PS/2, but then again I'm not sure that works out of the box, try to ask user with the keyboard PS/2 that have had similar experiences to your ...

Fabio

I add in the first page the DSDT vM2.4 is the old series with the last fix (PATA, Firewire, Sleep, restart,Shutdown).

cretits: @ Karineko

If you try and don't found problem the next step is adding the SS code..

Difference between v3.1.4 and M2.4 ?

The version 3.x series is much faster @ boot and the overall response is better than M2.x

The M2.4 owns all the code (ASUS), then the boot is slower than the 3.x Series

But it is very likely that the compatibility for those who have more than one graphics card is high

Anyway... have fun

Fabio

I add in the first page the DSDT vM2.4 is the old series with the last fix (PATA, Firewire, Sleep, restart,Shutdown).

Difference between v3.1.4 and M2.4 ?

the 3.x series is more faster and light code.

the M2.4 have all the original code and the boot is not fast as the 3.x series (maybe is more compatible with GFX card).

Anyway... have fun

Fabio

Fabio

Many Thanks for this version of DSDT. With v.M2.4 my 2 graphic cards works like a charm. Everything is working. I tested all version of DSDT 3.x.x and don't work for me with 2 GPU (GFX3 and GFX7)

Cheers, muchas gracias, Grazie, Obrigado

Best Regards

Goku&Gohan (Alexandre)

Fabio

Many Thanks for this version of DSDT. With v.M2.4 my 2 graphic cards works like a charm. Everything is working. I tested all version of DSDT 3.x.x and don't work for me with 2 GPU (GFX3 and GFX7)

Cheers, muchas gracias, Grazie, Obrigado

Best Regards

Goku&Gohan (Alexandre)

Nice to know ;)

now anyone with 3 GFX test it?

------------

@qbe

i confirm firewire works, but mobo has to go to sleep first and when i wake it up, fw disks go online. is it same for you?

--------------

addon to my story of consumption, i made some observation with various devices, tested one by one, not all at the same time)

vcore set to auto (so asus bios actually lower vcore to 0.920 when idle, and 1.24 when load, 1.25 being stock for i7 920)

148W when idle

-23W when only one display conected (dual display disabled)

-10W without blackmagic device

-10W when all disk sleep (i think system disk not sleeping)

Thx for this important test...

This help me to find some "cover" problerm in the power function of our mobo.

Can I ask other two test?

:)

Test 1) Use my last 3.1.4 and see how is the consumption in sleep mode

Test 2) The same test with 3.1.4 + SATA id inject

(how I say in this post)

I have a little trick for delete the OrangeIconFix (use a internal device id in the DSDT).

I use this id in my old DSDT like M2.0

So decompile the DSDT

search for "SATA"

[size=1]
           Device (SATA)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
               Device (PRT0) 
               {
                   Name (_ADR, Zero)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x02)
                           {
                                "io-device-location", Buffer (0x06) { "Bay 1" }
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                   }
[/size]

and add this data

[size=1]
               {
                   Store (Package (0x02)
                       { "device-id", Buffer (0x04) { 0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00 }}, Local0)
                   Return (Local0)
               }
[/size]

[size=1]
            Device (SATA)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
[b]                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x02)
                        { "device-id", Buffer (0x04) { 0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00 }}, Local0)
                    Return (Local0)
                }[/b]
               Device (PRT0) 
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                 "io-device-location", Buffer (0x06) { "Bay 1" }
                             }, Local0)
                         Return (Local0)
                    }
[/size]

save and recomplire...

now you don't need OrangeIconFix.kext

Note: now the device looks like as internal...

Fabio

Fabio, thanks for your diligent hard work. The latest dsdt.dml (3.1.4) is working great. Sleep works!

Also, thanks to everyone else who has helped, especially dgobe. I understand how one's patience is tested when replying to noobs (like me) but it's all working great and I couldn't be happier.

Cheers gentlemen

Hi derail82

One question.

How is the bench with your GFX card (ati 4870HD)

And how you have enable it? (Efi Strings or DSDT injection or Boot enabler)

THX

Fabio

Hi derail82

One question.

How is the bench with your GFX card (ati 4870HD)

And how you have enable it? (Efi Strings or DSDT injection or Boot enabler)

THX

Fabio

My Geekbench 32bit score is much lower than yours, mine is 8965. I didn't buy Geekbench so I cannot give you 64bit score.

I'm a total noob, so the answer to your next question "And how you have enable it?"... I'm not sure. But I think it's enabled using GraphicsEnabler=yes string in c.a.B.plist.

I am using your 3.1.4 dsdt. I did not inject anything because I don't know how to. Same goes with EFI strings, I don't know how to.

If I could answer your questions better I would, I'm sorry my knowledge is very limited.

My Geekbench 32bit score is much lower than yours, mine is 8965. I didn't buy Geekbench so I cannot give you 64bit score.

I'm a total noob, so the answer to your next question "And how you have enable it?"... I'm not sure. But I think it's enabled using GraphicsEnabler=yes string in c.a.B.plist.

I am using your 3.1.4 dsdt. I did not inject anything because I don't know how to. Same goes with EFI strings, I don't know how to.

If I could answer your questions better I would, I'm sorry my knowledge is very limited.

No problem mate!

Yep if you have GraphicsEnabler=yes string in c.a.B.plist this is "inject" by the boot :whistle:

8965 is a good score in 32 bit with Geekbench! (I'm just curious because your ATI is a very good card).

Other things.. I see in your signature you have NO HT ????

what's the matter??

Fabio

No problem mate!

Yep if you have GraphicsEnabler=yes string in c.a.B.plist this is "inject" by the boot ;)

8965 is a good score in 32 bit with Geekbench! (I'm just curious because your ATI is a very good card).

Other things.. I see in your signature you have NO HT ????

what's the matter??

Fabio

I originally purchased this computer to play games, and from my personal experience a higher clock speed was giving me better results (higher fps) than 8 cores with stock clock speeds.

When I was overclocking originally I was aiming for 4.0ghz but the temps were running too high. Approaching 95C on full load with hyperthreading. I read somewhere that disabling HT lowered temps by ~10C so I gave it a try and it was true, my temps were ~80-85C full load with 4 cores only (which is still hot, but within the specification given by Intel, my chip has tjmax of 100c). So I was running my i7 at 4ghz for almost 9 months with no stability problems.

Eventually I stopped playing games altogether and lowered my clock speed to 3.6 ghz to lower my temps and power usage. My temps now are very low relative to 4.0ghz. I never re-enabled HT because I'm happy with my speed and performance right now.

One day when I have the time (and motivation) to check if my OC is stable with HT at 3.6ghz I will enable it.

In other words, there is no problem, I have HT disabled for OC reasons but I will reenable it one day when I have time to test stability of OC + HT at 3.6ghz.

Edit - WoW was my game of choice, and it is an old game. CPU clock speed was the bottleneck for that game, not GPU.

8965 in 32bit with no HT is good.

I got a 10900 at 3.2 ghz but with HT enabled.

So I think your 8965 is a balanced value, in line with others.

Fabio

Your 3.1.4 dsdt works like a charm, sleep work perfectly

My boot time on SL is now 12-13 spins

and on Leopard is 4 spins

Tnanks on Your good work and sharing with us.

wow Leo with 4 spins... how is in seconds??

note fc bayern pls add your signature

Fabio

I see there has been alot of work since I have been gone on my much needed overseas vacay. Ofcourse i come back to find out that my setup will not boot. I want to install the latest Asus6TDeluxeV2 installer package. I see that there has also been some work on the sleep issue. Is there a way to install the latest package with working sleep via the command line in terminal. Also can someone link to the lates working install package.

Thanks again to IFabio and Dgobe! You guys are awesome!

Hi !

Today i re install my SL whit the new packs , and now the sleep work !! THANKS !!

But i have a problem.. now my FW ports don't work ...

I have this pack installed..

*P6TDeluxeV2Installerv1.13

*DSDTv3.1.4

Can you help me ?

FOR ANYONE HAVING THE "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE" ERROR....

Watch this video:

The problem is that you need to specify to the install DVD where your hard drive is located. It looks to the wrong port, or a non existing port (trying it in each port did nothing). For me with my P6T Deluxe V2, swapping the sata cable around to the different ports did not work when using the boot123 method described in this thread (although 'swapping' did work when I used the "MyHack" method on a different occasion).

In any case, I had to put my hard drive on sata port 1, and my cd rom on port 2. I then booted up off the Boot123 cd as per the instructions, swapped in my Mac OSX DVD, and then typed in the flag:

rd=disk1s3

If you put the drive on a different port your disk number may be different. You would then have to experiment. However, as soon as I did this, my installation proceeded and everything was cake from then on. Hope this helps someone.

I think that this should be referenced on the first post in this thread because a lot of people have this problem.

Breathless

cretits: @ Karineko

:rolleyes: Thanks. :P Glad I could help with this. :P

Fabio

Fabio so your next step is enabling SpeedStep on 3.x DSDT code?

Hi !

Today i re install my SL whit the new packs , and now the sleep work !! THANKS !!

But i have a problem.. now my FW ports don't work ...

I have this pack installed..

*P6TDeluxeV2Installerv1.13

*DSDTv3.1.4

Can you help me ?

Try using a firewire device after sleep to see if it works, it was explained on a few posts before.