[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

I tried dsdt 3.1. First thing I noticed was that sound was not working. Sleep was not working for me. I have OHR.kext in my /E/E folder from the install process, however I'm not sure if it's working or not. I have no idea how to enable or disable or check kexts ;x

Hi

I just add a HDEF data in the DSDT because the 3.1 is an edited version coming from my EFI string version (is a small version of the DSDT w/o device data), so give me a 10 min to re-add this missed data and I repost the full version...

Fabio

EDIT

OK I delete the v3.1 and I post a correct v3.1.1 with AUDIO

enjoy :)

Hi all!

So any news for different processor DUMP? like a i7 950 or 960 975 ????

>> How to dump your ACPI tables If you have a proces...

Tomorrow I add the speedstep (920/940) data in v3.1 DSDT to try put down the temp....

Anyway you can try to change the model like a MacPro3,1 to use different powermanagement... :)

Fabio

****EDIT****

New BIOS from ASUS

P6T Deluxe V1 BIOS 2004

P6T Deluxe V2 BIOS 0804

P6TD Deluxe BIOS 0404

safe for me on P6T Deluxe V1

Fabio

ASUS delete this BIOS??? I can't refind this new BIOS ????? why???

ASUS delete this BIOS??? I can't refind this new BIOS ????? why???

Maybe it breaks sleep! Hey Fabio, welcome back!

I swear I tested M2.2 and 2.3 prior to updating my BIOS to 0804 and sleep was working. It's something I always check before I make a new installation package. I think something is up. I'll see if I can downgrade my BIOS later.

I see the new DSDT has the processors named P001... instead of CPU0.... Maybe a good idea to change this?

@KariNeko

I read through the d00d's post. In number 5 it is interesting that the BIOS does not provide the C-States when overclocked above a certain level. Have you tried to run stock speed and check your results?

There were a couple of guys in the old thread who had higher temps, as compared to Windows, and mine were always identical in Windows and Snow. They were overclocking too. I'll test later with MSRTools and let you know. I was "verifying" proper stepping by observing idle and load temps as compared to Windows(they were the same). Also, Geekbench scores led me to believe I had +1 Turbo functioning.

Helloo Fabio, welcome back.

I can confirm that sleep is working with DSDT 3.1.1 and OHR, and with bios v2004.

I need little help with graphics.

I injected dual nvidia in DSDT and everything is working ok,

but when I wake from sleep graphics fan are spinning too fast (like before load driver for graphics when I start Snow Leopard).

I have 2 x GTX 260 in SLI.

Thanks

dsdt_2.3_with_dual_GFX.aml.zip

Maybe it breaks sleep! Hey Fabio, welcome back!

I swear I tested M2.2 and 2.3 prior to updating my BIOS to 0804 and sleep was working. It's something I always check before I make a new installation package. I think something is up. I'll see if I can downgrade my BIOS later.

I see the new DSDT has the processors named P001... instead of CPU0.... Maybe a good idea to change this?

hmm...

For people have this DSDT work try also deleting OpenHaltRestart.kext (OHR) and cleen cache...

for me works with-out this kext!

In this moment I have just AD2000b and (original)fakesmc 2.5 maybe is this the issue???

People pls try also this change (original fakesmc)...

for the name of the CPU... in old DSDT I have used this method too... but probably no change notthing...

anyway I post a .dsl version of 3.1.1 with CPU renamed if anyone wont make test :)

Now I'm super tired (vacation stress :P )

see you tomorrow :)

Fabio

I have just tried the new DSDT 1.3.3.

No Success.

Tried with and without OpenHaltRestart.kext and SleepEnabler.kext in any combination.

No Sleep at all.

trash SleepEnabler you don't need it...

Sure you rebuild the cache??

What kext you have in your Extra/Extensions???

Fabio

My experience with this has been ... uhh fun. I'd like to thank you all for your hard work making this doable. Had it not been for my video card I'd have had an easier time with the whole experience.

I had been loading into safe mode because of the video card and when I finally was able to boot to SL was confused by the PS2 keyboard not working. I read in the pages of this thread that the kext was on the ISO and I found it and installed it, keyboard works.

I had done updates and the audio wasn't working. Found Pacifist and got the 10.6.2 combo update and extracted the kext and repaired the audio.

Other than my thanks I was curious about this statement:

You probably don't have accelerated video support. Is the menu bar at the top translucent....can you see the Desktop background through it? If it is you're good, if not you need a supported video card.

I have the kexts from Netkas installed and can change the resolution and all, but my menu bar at the top is not translucent. Does this mean I am not getting the full use out of my gfx card? (Not expecting a solution but confirmation as this thread isn't about my video issue :) )

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131346

Oh and a quick note about my 'dual boot system':

In order to load Windows (xp) I need to have the drives set to IDE and set the boot drive to the windows one in the bios.

In order to load OS X I need AHCI and set the OS X drive to boot.

I used the O.C. Profiler to create a Windows and OS X profile so that switching is much easier. Still a bit of a pain to not load either from Chameleon, but this works.

Helloo Fabio, welcome back.

I can confirm that sleep is working with DSDT 3.1.1 and OHR, and with bios v2004.

I need little help with graphics.

I injected dual nvidia in DSDT and everything is working ok,

but when I wake from sleep graphics fan are spinning too fast (like before load driver for graphics when I start Snow Leopard).

I have 2 x GTX 260 in SLI.

Thanks

For this is better you use a EFI strings versions

Tomorrow... :) I try post too a 3.1.1 versions for all wont use with EFI strings ... I have notice the graphics device works. better

In my Italian Page I have a "old" prototype version of v3.1 DSDT EFI strings... you can just edit the DSDT deleting firewire(for sleep) and add gfx data in the .plist file (carefully there is my GFX card in that file)..then convert it with gfxutil and add the long data in the com.boot.apple.plist , try if you can't get it work's tomorrow I help you...

remenber... delete graphicsenabler=no if you use this method..

I try this method described and works also for me ...

Fabio

Fabio

Your new 3.11 give me + 10 C

And no P2s, pls in the next DSDT version, do not erase the P2S

... by the way...

I've been testing my hackintosh as iMac 11.1 for the past 7 days, on the glance looks the same, but the HDD suddenly are stock and You ll have to wait 10 min to be reales or sometimes a restart is required.

I've put back my GOOD OLD 2.3 DSDT and change to mac pro 3.1

Fabio

Your new 3.11 give me + 10 C

And no P2s, pls in the next DSDT version, do not erase the P2S

... by the way...

I've been testing my hackintosh as iMac 11.1 for the past 7 days, on the glance looks the same, but the HDD suddenly are stock and You ll have to wait 10 min to be reales or sometimes a restart is required.

I've put back my GOOD OLD 2.3 DSDT and change to mac pro 3.1

fc bayern.

As you know the 3.1 is a edited version of my EFI-STRINGS versions... so need some little change like as PS/2 device will be re-added... just w8 for now.. I found the sleep issue today! I can't fix all in the same time (as I say in the post is a temporary SOLUTION).

I post this for get people the possibility to try if this "feature" work in the similar condition

so don't worry I not forgot the people :)

The temp... people try change injection in SMBIOS.plist like a MacPro3,1 (probably the SpeedSteep grow down the temp when I re-add the SS code in the DSDT).

Fabio

For this is better you use a EFI strings versions

Tomorrow... :) I try post too a 3.1.1 versions for all wont use with EFI strings ... I have notice the graphics device works. better

In my Italian Page I have a "old" prototype version of v3.1 DSDT EFI strings... you can just edit the DSDT deleting firewire(for sleep) and add gfx data in the .plist file (carefully there is my GFX card in that file)..then convert it with gfxutil and add the long data in the com.boot.apple.plist , try if you can't get it work's tomorrow I help you...

remenber... delete graphicsenabler=no if you use this method..

I try this method described and works also for me ...

Fabio

Thanks Fabio,

I will try tomorrow.

Just to muddy the waters a little....

Reverted to 0707 BIOS. All of this is with the MacPro4,1 settings.

3.1.1 with all combinations of with/without OHR and with original/'smc-thurley' fakesmc = NO SLEEP and +10C temps

M2.1(920), M2.2(920), M2.3(920) with OHR and 'smc-thurley' fakesmc = NO SLEEP temps OK #I'm almost positive some of these were working before. WTF?

My ancient DSDT(no SS) from old thread with OHR and 'smc-thurley' fakesmc = SLEEP temps OK

I rebuilt kext cache properly whenever changes were made in /E/E. Tried a reboot and a shutdown/startup with each combination then tested Sleep from Apple menu.

For the record, I don't use sleep so it's not a big deal to me. If you still have copies of older versions, I can test for you.

Oh and a quick note about my 'dual boot system':

In order to load Windows (xp) I need to have the drives set to IDE and set the boot drive to the windows one in the bios.

In order to load OS X I need AHCI and set the OS X drive to boot.

switch your xp instalation to recognize ahci and you dont need to switch bios settings or reinstall windoze

this should work http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=106575.0

SLEEP/SPEEDSTEP problem - i have one of the older versions of installer (the first one dgobe and fabio did in cooperation), waiting for a new one, stable one

sleep: through menu/keyboard shortcut works, sleep through settings on idling computer doesnt work (energy saver)

speedstep : working. unless u have stock cooler (or similar lame cooler) there is a little chance to find out if speedstep works according to temperatures. all the modern coolers will cool your cpu on idle to same temperatures whether the speedstep is on or off...confirmed on my noctua cooler...same temperatures in windows with speedstep and without speedstep. the only proper way i was able to confirm speedstep working is hardware wattage consumption meter (or whatever u call it), which i bought and as soon as i install new dsdt i will gladly share with you

as soon as you guys make one final install, i will try all the speedstep, sleep, firewire stuff. hope to hear from you soon, keep up the good work

Hi guys

little fix for the DSDT v3.1

you can find in firts page is 3.1.2 I fix (I hope the temp) and the Ps/2 support

try and feedback pls.

Fabio

little note: try using just Ad2000B & FakeSMC

So delete for the moment VIAATA kext... we try...

The temps are fine now with 3.1.2, getting the device id injected for the LPCB device is critical so AppleLPC.kext loads. That was definitely the problem.

Still no sleep with/without OHR.

EDIT:

Ahhhh! I have my Mac drive connected to my eSATA port so I have to use VIAATA. I guess I could crack it open and hook it up to the internal SATA. Maybe I'll wait until someone else reports though.

The temps are fine now with 3.1.2, getting the device id injected for the LPCB device is critical so AppleLPC.kext loads. That was definitely the problem.

Still no sleep with/without OHR.

EDIT:

Ahhhh! I have my Mac drive connected to my eSATA port so I have to use VIAATA. I guess I could crack it open and hook it up to the internal SATA. Maybe I'll wait until someone else reports though.

good news then...

dgobe try this pack is only for your configuration.

backup your actual... :P

dgobe3.1.2_EFI.zip

Fabio

DSDT 3.1.2 without PATA/VIAATA , sleep is working with and without OHR.

In your EFi plist for graphics card you have NVPM value,

but with graphics enabler I don't have NVMP for my card in IORegistryExplorer.

And can you tell me how to convert hex value (for NVCAP) to that format (I think is base64).

Thank you Fabio.

If work with ... probably works without...

So I'm confused...

Anyone with no PATA(VIAATA) can confirm????

Fabio

I can confirm, it's definitely the presence of AppleVIAATA.kext that causes sleep to malfunction. With or without a drive attached to the eSATA port.

As I was about to open my case to hook the drive up internally it dawned on me....I can just hook it up via USB! Hey wait a second, that's the one thing I changed! When I added AppleVIAATA.kext to the installer I switched from a USB connection to eSATA(my external enclosure has both). I figured why not have the extra speed. So that was the culprit all along. :)

I'm happy to report sleep works fine with and without OHR just like kn6600 reported. Sorry for the confusion, I had totally forgotten about that change.

As a side note, your EFI pack does seem to make things a little faster. Geekbench and the OpenCL Galaxies app give the same numbers but it definitely feels a bit quicker. I added the LPCB device id that was missing in the DSDT and everything is working fine. Thanks dude!

As a side note, your EFI pack does seem to make things a little faster. Geekbench and the OpenCL Galaxies app give the same numbers but it definitely feels a bit quicker. I added the LPCB device id that was missing in the DSDT and everything is working fine. Thanks dude!

ok!

2 problem find in 2 days :(

we can continue optimizing the DSDT...

one things in the pack I post for you probably the LPCB id is already inject in the long string in com.boot.apple.plist... so if is already present you not need inject again... but i'm not sure if I put or not it in the long string...

note: I try the CPU name change... and make _CRT error... I study better the problem... maybe we can resolve it with SS code...

Enjoy

DSDT 3.1.2 without PATA/VIAATA , sleep is working with and without OHR.

In your EFi plist for graphics card you have NVPM value,

but with graphics enabler I don't have NVMP for my card in IORegistryExplorer.

And can you tell me how to convert hex value (for NVCAP) to that format (I think is base64).

Thank you Fabio.

Hi kn6600

me too I'm w/o NVPM value with boot graphicsenabler...

the NVPM is "standard" power management for NVIDIA card....

so you just add it in EFI or DSDT version (copy my value)

For EFI version (.plist file) convert it with gfxutil via terminal :)

example DSDT (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x1C)
                       {
                           "AAPL,slot-name", Buffer (0x0A) { "PCI-E 16x" }, 
                           "@0,compatible", Buffer (0x0B) { "NVDA,NVMac" }, 
                           "@0,device_type", Buffer (0x08) { "display" }, 
                           "@0,name", Buffer (0x0F) { "NVDA,Display-A" }, 
                           "@1,compatible", Buffer (0x0B) { "NVDA,NVMac" }, 
                           "@1,device_type", Buffer (0x08) { "display" },
                           "@1,name", Buffer (0x0F) { "NVDA,Display-B" }, 
                           "NVCAP", 
                           Buffer (0x18)
                           {
                               /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
                               /* 0008 */    0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A, 
                               /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 
                           [b]"NVPM", 
                           Buffer (0x1C)
                           {
                               /* 0000 */    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0018 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, [/b]
                           "VRAM,totalsize", Buffer (0x04) { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x38 }, 
                           "device_type", Buffer (0x0D) { "NVDA,GeForce" }, 
                           "model", Buffer (0x17) { "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260" }, 
                           "rom-revision", Buffer (0x13) { "DSDT ROM by iFabio" }, 
                           "reg", 
                           Buffer (0x78)
                           {
                               /* 0000 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10, 0x00, 0x02, 0x02, 
                               /* 0018 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0020 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 
                               /* 0028 */    0x14, 0x00, 0x02, 0x42, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0030 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0038 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x02, 0x02, 
                               /* 0040 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0048 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 
                               /* 0050 */    0x24, 0x00, 0x02, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0058 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0060 */    0x80, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x30, 0x00, 0x02, 0x02, 
                               /* 0068 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                               /* 0070 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08, 0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }

EXAMPLE EFI(.plist) (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260)

efik.jpg

Fabio

Thank you very much Fabio!

The 3.1.2 DSDT in combination with only using AD2000b.kext, fakesmc.kext and OrangIconFix.kext did the trick.

Sleep is now working perfectly.

Again: Thanks for your great work!

I have a little trick for delete the OrangeIconFix (use a internal device id in the DSDT).

I use this id in my old DSDT like M2.0

So decompile the DSDT

search for "SATA"

[size=1]
           Device (SATA)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
               Device (PRT0) 
               {
                   Name (_ADR, Zero)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x02)
                           {
                                "io-device-location", Buffer (0x06) { "Bay 1" }
                            }, Local0)
                        Return (Local0)
                   }
[/size]

and add this data

[size=1]
               {
                   Store (Package (0x02)
                       { "device-id", Buffer (0x04) { 0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00 }}, Local0)
                   Return (Local0)
               }
[/size]

[size=1]
            Device (SATA)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
[b]                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x02)
                        { "device-id", Buffer (0x04) { 0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00 }}, Local0)
                    Return (Local0)
                }[/b]
               Device (PRT0) 
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x02)
                            {
                                 "io-device-location", Buffer (0x06) { "Bay 1" }
                             }, Local0)
                         Return (Local0)
                    }
[/size]

save and recomplire...

now you don't need OrangeIconFix.kext

Note: now the device looks like as internal...

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

I try yours 3.1.EFI.plist with only change of VRAM and name

and I remove Fireware part and it worked ok.

You already have SATA Device ID in EFI. :(

I also try your suggestion to dglobe (just for check) and sleep is working.

Thanks