[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

@ Dgobe - Thanks you for the reply....I have tried as you stated and still no go. I did update BIOS from 0610 to 0707. I thought that would do it but it has not. Did you initially have the same problem with sleep? What other options do I have. Do you think that their is plans to fix sleep with the 3.0 DSDT? Thanks again for all your help!!!!

I installed Snow Leopard using the instructions in this guide, and everything (even my IDE DVD drive that never worked when I used other guides) works. The only problem is that when I open temperature monitor it says that all of the cores are at about 60 degrees C when it is idle. I'm using V3.00 DSDT. Do other people have lower temps?

Oh, and I have P6T Deluxe v2 / i7 920 / 9800GTX+ / OCZ Gold DDR3 PC3-12800 with stock CPU cooler, but it's not overclocked and idle temp in Windows is about 45 C.

Over the last update Mac Pro Audio Update 1.0 also know as kill update (that I've reversed the AppleHDA.Kext) was also installed inside the system a new IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext with a new file inside... the iMac11_1.plist.

I think we are close to the recognition of native processor ...

:) Fabio

The iMac11_1.plist has been there since the 10.6.2 update. I checked it against the new audio update and it hasn't changed. I was trying a few things to get the processor recognized but so far I've had no luck. In addition to the smbios.plist changes you described I also modified the Info.plist for fakesmc.kext again...here's a diff

--- Info.plist.old	2010-02-15 19:47:46.000000000 -0600
+++ Info.plist	2010-02-15 20:08:57.000000000 -0600
@@ -78,13 +78,13 @@
				<string>easedontsteal©AppleComputerInc</string>
				<key>REV </key>
				<data>
-				ATkPAAAF
+				AVQPAAAz
				</data>
			</dict>
			<key>debug</key>
			<true/>
			<key>smc-compatible</key>
-			<string>smc-thurley</string>
+			<string>smc-piketon</string>
			<key>tjmax</key>
			<integer>100</integer>
		</dict>

The AVQPAAAz corresponds to the new version of SMC, 1.54f33. I got this information from the i7 iMac ioreg dump. The 'cpu-type' on a Core i7 iMac shows as <01 07>, this is the same as setting SMcputype to 1793 in smbios.plist....didn't work. I hard-coded a processor type of 0x0701 into smbios_patcher.c and compiled a new boot and still no go. It actually shows <01 07> in IORegistryExplorer but the processor shows as Unknown in 'About this Mac'.

I noticed you still have the processors named P001-P008 instead of CPU0-CPU7 in the DSDT. Is there a reason for this? I modified your M2.3 DSDT for the 920 and renamed all the processors, it works and I haven't noticed anything bad happen yet :unsure: I did that so the path to the cpu-type matched that of a real iMac. Still didn't work! So I'm guessing there is more to it...

@kmcdaniel

1) Put your gfx card in the blue slot, but it doesn't really matter unless you modify your DSDT for gfx injection(experimental for now)

2) Sleep issues: I have no clue, it seems to work for everyone else.

@the1994

Verify that you have the correct BIOS settings, SpeedStep and C-States in particular.

@ the1994 - Does your sleep function work?

I installed Snow Leopard using the instructions in this guide, and everything (even my IDE DVD drive that never worked when I used other guides) works. The only problem is that when I open temperature monitor it says that all of the cores are at about 60 degrees C when it is idle. I'm using V3.00 DSDT. Do other people have lower temps?

Oh, and I have P6T Deluxe v2 / i7 920 / 9800GTX+ / OCZ Gold DDR3 PC3-12800 with stock CPU cooler, but it's not overclocked and idle temp in Windows is about 45 C.

@ Dgobe - Do you think it is possible that my video card is not compatible for sleep. I have noticed that the people on this forum as in others have had success with sleep using the GeForce GTX 260 and the GeForce 9800GT. I can't find anything on success or no success with my current video card the GeForce GTS 250. I'm considering switching it out if you think this could be the problem?

Thanks again!!!

I edited my smbios.plist as iMac 11.1, the system works stabil and OK as with Mac pro 4.1 smbios.plist.

No more Mac pro audio update, but it gives me Itunes update to 9.0.3, although I have installed before.

I'll try later to update Itunes to 9.0.3 and see if the audio is still there

@dgobe:

Sorry no succes here.

This is how I created my discs:

#1: New version 132-boot, Samsung drive, Nashua dvd+r, Infrarecorder, Win 7 x64

#2: Older version 132-boot, Samsung drive, Nashua dvd+r, Infrarecorder, Win 7 x64

#3: New version 132-boot (new download), Samsung drive, Nashua dvd+r, Transmac, Win 7 x64

After your reply I tried using a different PC and different burning software.

#4: New version 132-boot (new download), LG drive, Imation dvd+r, IMGburn, Win XP x32

Now I still get the checksum error. Would a BIOS update fix this problem?

I'm sorry for asking probably such noob questions, but I do appreciate the help!

So thanks in advance.

@kmcdaniel

Changing your video card might be worth a try. I don't know if I've heard of anyone with a GTS250, search around and see if you find something! Please don't post in the old thread about your sleep problems, you're not even using those files.

@Coen de Winter

Swap the reader in your P6T rig for a SATA drive, they're $25....or maybe a firmware update on your Samsung. We would have heard many more complaints if something was wrong with the image. Also, try burning to a CD instead of a DVD....not sure if it would make a difference for your setup.

@fc_bayern and scott_donald

The iTunes 9.0.3 doesn't affect audio output and I've heard of people installing it twice. Let us know how it goes.

Don't install the Mac Pro Audio update! See the first post!

I actually think changing your system type to avoid Software Update showing the audio update isn't a good idea. Just don't install it and you're good. The fix is easy if you accidentally install it. As far as CPU recognition, I think we'll be in much better shape when Apple releases their 6 core Mac Pro instead of trying to match the i7 iMac settings. That will be a "full Nehalem" based system on X58 vs the "mainstream Nehalem" on P55 like the iMac.

dgobe,

I have patched my SMBios Info.Plist with your values and i still get version 1.39f5.

Is there anything i missed ?

You mean you patched the Info.plist for fakesmc.kext right? Make sure you rebuild your Extensions.mkext. Anyway, none of those attempts worked, so I don't see much value in doing it unless you want to hack around some. I think some of the guys with P55 boards might be interested in those updates though.

@ the1994 - Does your sleep function work?

@ Dgobe - Do you think it is possible that my video card is not compatible for sleep. I have noticed that the people on this forum as in others have had success with sleep using the GeForce GTX 260 and the GeForce 9800GT. I can't find anything on success or no success with my current video card the GeForce GTS 250. I'm considering switching it out if you think this could be the problem?

Thanks again!!!

kmcdaniel I don't think that's related to your card because I tried Fabio's DSDT file and it doesn't sleep for me either.

kmcdaniel I don't think that's related to your card because I tried Fabio's DSDT file and it doesn't sleep for me either.

Let's not confuse things, you need to tell us what version of DSDT? The one in the v1.12 installer package works for me, I tested it last night. I think there were issues starting with M2.3 but I've been testing a newer one iFabio gave me so I haven't had much time with the ones he posted. If you can confirm what you are using I can do some testing when I have time. You also need to make sure you have OpenHaltRestart.kext in place and a properly built Extensions.mkext. Not having OHR.kext is known to cause sleep breakage in the newer DSDTs.

In Terminal:

sudo kextcache -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions

.....the instructions aren't for you KariNeko, I know you are aware of this already

Ok guys all of a sudden manual sleep is working. P6TDeluxeV2Installer1.9.zip is what got it. However automatic sleep is not. It only puts the monitor to sleep and the cpu remains on. I have checked Energy Saver settings and and they are correct. Any suggestions for the autosleep? Thanks Dgobe for helping all of us!!!

I edited my smbios.plist as iMac 11.1, the system works stabil and OK as with Mac pro 4.1 smbios.plist.

No more Mac pro audio update, but it gives me Itunes update to 9.0.3, although I have installed before.

I'll try later to update Itunes to 9.0.3 and see if the audio is still there

My Fault : I've installed the 9.0.3 itunes update, but then put the silent night dark for itunes 9.0.2, and thats why it has been reverted to itunes 9.0.2.

Updated my itunes again to 9.0.3 , adn download another silent night dark for 9.0.3

hi dgobe:

remember i asked you about NTFS-3G does not work on this 64 bit kernal so i tried Tuxera NTFS 2010.1 and i still have the problem mounting drive. Can you please help me how to get rid of the problem.

When i run SL in 32 bit the Tuxera NTFS works like a charm but its pain to keep changing com.apple.Boot every time i want to save something to ntfs drive.

so can you please help me to fix this problem

Thanks

post-268759-1266547208_thumb.png

You can enable SL's write access to NTFS by creating an /etc/fstab file, then inside it you can add a line for each disk you need to write to::

LABEL=your_partition_label none ntfs rw

Anyway, if you have win installed, better not to write to your win system partition.

hi dgobe:

remember i asked you about NTFS-3G does not work on this 64 bit kernal so i tried Tuxera NTFS 2010.1 and i still have the problem mounting drive. Can you please help me how to get rid of the problem.

When i run SL in 32 bit the Tuxera NTFS works like a charm but its pain to keep changing com.apple.Boot every time i want to save something to ntfs drive.

so can you please help me to fix this problem

Thanks

Great work, keep it UP!!! I have been running hackintosh for a good two years.. running everything from iDeneb with my AMD to now this with my newer setup. I can't believe how eay you have made it for me to reboot my system. I have already had two hard drive failures :P

I'd like to add one request.... I have two video cards

a 8800gt and a 260gtx... I've tried to get three monitors running at one time with little to no success.

I have followed aquamac's dual card gfx strings but it doesn't seem to work for the ASUS p6t deluxe v2 at

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...=569&page=1

If someone has it working can they point me in the right direction or help me get this up and running, would be appreciated greatly

Thanks !!!

Creating the fstab for write acces is not recommended, has been discussed here and other places, i'm currently recovering an external drive after doing the fstab thing and it totally borked my 1TB drive. Luckily i'm able to recover the files as it seems.

Read both pages: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...186460&st=0