[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

We have a great team work on this thread for all of us using this boards. Many thanks to all.

Hi iFabio :)

On your DSDT v3.00 you mention:

"- In this new version is missing the SpeedStep, but the system works well the temperatures are very good and overall system responsiveness is extraordinary."

How differ your temperatures from your SpeedStep enabled DSDT? and system responsiveness are better you say?

Greetings,

Karina

Can this system boot from a 1.5 or 2 TB hard drive?

It should, since Chameleon-2.0-RC3 we have large disk support, and the bootloader in this installer provided by dgobe is based con RC4 plus other fixes.

You have to run in 32bit for the free NTFS-3G to work. You would put arch=i386 into the kernel flags in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

http://macntfs-3g.blogspot.com/

You can go into System Profiler and click on the Software category and it will show 64bit extensions = No if you have it working in 32bit mode.

They have a commercial product here:

http://www.tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/

And you can run in an unsupported way with the native NTFS code in OS X, at your own risk(probably buggy):

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ntfs+rw+snow+leopard <--somewhat sarcastic but you get the idea.... :(

thanks a lot dgobe

i will buy the commercial product so that i should not have any problem right?

thanks a lot dgobe

@ifablio,

did you take a look at the dsdt and bootloader i'm using? wonder if it will work for you, I have no need for OHR on regular p6t.

And speedstepping works well.

We have a great team work on this thread for all of us using this boards. Many thanks to all.

Hi iFabio :(

On your DSDT v3.00 you mention:

"- In this new version is missing the SpeedStep, but the system works well the temperatures are very good and overall system responsiveness is extraordinary."

How differ your temperatures from your SpeedStep enabled DSDT? and system responsiveness are better you say?

Greetings,

Karina

Hi Karina

The temperatures remain constant even without the code SS this factor is undoubtedly due to the good implementation of the device LPBC.

In version 3.00 I find the responsiveness of the system than previous versions

(These remain my personal impressions)

Fabio

I do not have a RT73 but I found possible answers by using the search box at the top of the page.

post-511719-1264534003_thumb.png

InsanelyMac has a Hardware and Drivers section stuffed with useful information...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=2

My wireless adapter won't work,

could you guys please help me.

The Chipset is a RT73, as you can see, it's already recognized,

but i can't get Airport working.

im on the same boat as maitaijim, lately this thread has been used for some kind of general help for everybody about everything.

this is thread about Asus P6T Deluxe motherboard - people, please stick to the TOPIC

thank you

thanks a lot dgobe

Can't vouch for them personally. I suspect as a commercial product they have support though I wouldn't expect them to cater to you if you say you have a hackintosh.

I post the DSDT M2.3 on the first post

And a experimental GFX part in the section

just curious, is there any preselected/stock choice already hardcoded or do i have to add it?

it would be wise to have the blue slot hardcoded as i think most of us have gfx card in that slot.

i cannot verify as i dont have the software tools nor the knowledge to edit dsdt...i guess i better start learning than :)

thanks

ps: does this version have the firewire fix so i can test?

just curious, is there any preselected/stock choice already hardcoded or do i have to add it?

it would be wise to have the blue slot hardcoded as i think most of us have gfx card in that slot.

i cannot verify as i dont have the software tools nor the knowledge to edit dsdt...i guess i better start learning than ;)

thanks

ps: does this version have the firewire fix so i can test?

Currently all 3 slots are present...

the wisest course would be to have the graphics card in blue slot.. or in white slot...

In my next realize I eliminate the support at black slot.

As soon as you solve the problem of functionality I'll post a basic model for the NVIDIA (to add at your DSDT) to change with their data ... (when injection is not working well on DSDT M2.x no problem on DSDT v3.x) for editing of the graphics IOREGExplorer is essential to obtain the data as well as reg, NVCAP and to check the total RAM value.

gfxy.jpg

Fabio

Thanks for this guide :) I used the USB method to install mac os. Everything went well. I managed to install and start up snow leopard. Ran through the last few steps incl entering the sudo code in the terminal.

But now when I restart snow leopard hangs on the apple logo, the loading circle doesn't come up nor move around...

Some extra info:

- I installed the P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg v1.13 using the 920 option (instead of the independent).

- "6. Run P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg choosing your DSDT and change the install location to your flash drive." I was not prompted to choose the DSDT file if i recall correctly.

-I have 3 hard disks, 2 are running raid0 with win7, the other SATA one is where i installed Snow leopard. I disabled raid in the bios so i could install on the 3rd disk.

Any suggestions?

Sorry guys i posted to soon. I've got it working, so for anyone with the same problem this is what I did:

I reinstalled Snow leopard on my harddisk. Booted into snow leopard and then i just skipped the last few steps starting from:

• Open your flash drive and run P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg choosing your DSDT and change the install location to your Snow Leopard drive.
  • Open Terminal and enter the the following, hit Enter then supply your password when prompted.

The only problem i have now is that i can't dual boot windows 7 (installed on RAID0 partition) in the start up screen because the RAID function on my p6t is turned off to run mac. So to switch to win7 i have to turn the RAID on and for mac vice versa. (if anyone has a solution for this please let me know)

But, snow leopard works (only using it for logic) and win 7 works.

@darkliquid

Most updates should be safe but depending on your level of expertise you may want to wait until someone verifies them. Everything released by Apple so far is safe to install. In general you can find a lot of information about updates in other threads as well, especially for the big ones like 10.6.3, 10.6.x

@vinse

fleebailey33 contacted iFabio about collaborating on the DSDTs(fleebailey33 and prasys work together on DSDT for P6T board). As it turns out, they are quite different so it's doubtful that you will find support in this thread.

Nice job!

Can u please telle me if this method will work with an Asus P5PL2 Mobo?

Here it is my configuration:

Mobo: Asus P5PL2 - Cpu: Intel Pentium 2160 dual core @ 1.8 Ghz - Audio: ADI 1986A 6 Channel - LAN: RTL8111B - Video: Nvidia GeForce 6200 128 Mb. - Monitor: Asus VW192s.

There just an old and well known news ...about the next combo update 10.6.3

I tried to update iTunes as suggested by "Check for updates" and..

is a phantom update 9.0.3 installed and rebooted (also contained in the forthcoming 10.6.3 update)

.. boom!

Sound stops working so... my solution was to find out the file AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2 combo and replace with the new "version"... repair permissions ... reboot...

Audio restored

... waiting for the other pitfalls of 10.6.3

Fabio

Fabio maybe it contains the same AppleHDA.kext from Mac Pro Audio Update 1.0 released today February 11, 2010.

This update is for Mac Pro (Early 2009) computers running Mac OS X v10.6.2. This update reduces processor utilization during audio activities, such as playing or recording music.

I'm sure it has something to do, because I installed it 10 minutes ago on my test partition and my audio stopped working. With this update I get a lot of sound assertions:

2/11/10 8:29:17 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "!hasInitialSettings" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 7306 goto Exit
2/11/10 8:29:17 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != activateAudioEngine ( engine )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1955 goto Exit
2/11/10 8:29:17 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "!activateAudioEngines ()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 205 goto Exit
2/11/10 8:29:19 PM	configd[13]	network configuration changed.
2/11/10 8:29:21 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "!hasInitialSettings" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 7306 goto Exit
2/11/10 8:29:21 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != activateAudioEngine ( engine )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1955 goto Exit
2/11/10 8:29:21 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "!activateAudioEngines ()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 205 goto Exit

So I suggest everyone not to update until there is a solution to this.

hi, thanks for this great tutorial, :( is it up to date?

In about this mac, ddr 3 is set to 1069mhz(no overclock). Should i try dsdt V3 to fix it?

And my sata drive(dvd) don't work after nearly 5 min (sleep forever), strange...

Raid is possible on p6t deluxe v2?

Sorry for my poor english

Fabio maybe it contains the same AppleHDA.kext from Mac Pro Audio Update 1.0 released today February 11, 2010.

I'm sure it has something to do, because I installed it 10 minutes ago on my test partition and my audio stopped working. With this update I get a lot of sound assertions:

2/11/10 8:29:17 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "!hasInitialSettings" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 7306 goto Exit
 2/11/10 8:29:17 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != activateAudioEngine ( engine )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1955 goto Exit
 2/11/10 8:29:17 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "!activateAudioEngines ()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 205 goto Exit
 2/11/10 8:29:19 PM	configd[13]	network configuration changed.
 2/11/10 8:29:21 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "!hasInitialSettings" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 7306 goto Exit
 2/11/10 8:29:21 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != activateAudioEngine ( engine )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1955 goto Exit
 2/11/10 8:29:21 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "!activateAudioEngines ()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-183.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 205 goto Exit

So I suggest everyone not to update until there is a solution to this.

Is the same update...

and (for now) same solution...extract the AppleHDA.kext with pacifist from Combo 10.6.2 and overwrite the new one... repair permission and... fix for now...

Es lo mismo!

Si te fijas la unica cosa que va a cambiar es el kext AppleHDA.kext...

Para volver atras... sobrescrivir con el "viejo" AppleHDA.kext de la version 10.6.2

Fabio

In about this mac, ddr 3 is set to 1069mhz(no overclock). Should i try dsdt V3 to fix it?

That is related to your settings on smbios.plist or to the automatic detection features of the bootloader you are using.

Is the same update...

and (for now) same solution...extract the AppleHDA.kext with pacifist from Combo 10.6.2 and overwrite the new one... repair permission and... fix for now...

Es lo mismo!

Si te fijas la unica cosa que va a cambiar es el kext AppleHDA.kext...

Para volver atras... sobrescrivir con el "viejo" AppleHDA.kext de la version 10.6.2

Fabio

Hola Fabio!

Si creo que por ahora esa es la única solución que tenemos hasta que alguien encuentre otra cosa, ademas de ese archivo se actualiza otro, el IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext.

In English :(

Hello Fabio!

I think that's the only solution for the moment until someone figures out something different, besides that file another one was updated, IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext.

Karina

That is related to your settings on smbios.plist or to the automatic detection features of the bootloader you are using.

is it good for i7 920

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosdate</key>

<string>03/04/2009</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MP41.88Z.0081.B04.0903051113</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F4208DC8</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>Mac Pro</string>

<key>SMmanufacter</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro4,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>PUT-YOUR-SN-HERE</string> :(

<key>SMbusspeed</key>

<string>4800</string>

</dict>

</plist>

great guide but I couldn't install maybe for the graphic card (ATIHD4850).

When I start to install with the Mac OSX DVD I see on the screen some point coloured and I cannot continue

ASUS P6T Deluxe v2

HDD 500 Gb

DVD 20x

HD4850 512 Mb

Core i7 920

Great Job! This was almost as easy as a regular mac os install. Amazing! Thank you so much.

I installed with a 10.6 disk and then used software update to get to 10.6.2. Once there everything works except my sound. It worked after the initial os install but I lost it after the update. Any suggestions on how to get it back would be great.