[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Probably the "EFI" way is better...

I post later a DSDT(cleen) & basic .plist for all people want try this method

the only hard things (is no simple) is add GFX data in the basic .plist file...

Maybe dgobe or other user here can teach how... (I know how but my english can't do this sorry).

Fabio

ok

I post it in the first page

but pls someone teach how use it

(with gfxutil ecc.. ecc.. and how set it in com.boot.apple.plist)

DSDT v3.1.2 (EFI Version)+(EFI.plist)

Note: Inside the Efi.plist

HDEF id - 2 Ethernet built in - IDE cosmethics name - LPCB id - SATA internal id & cosmetics name

GFX injection is GeForce GTX260 (you have change this one with your/s)

Fabio

I notice my ethernet built-in values are 0 though.

OK, before I cause confusion AGAIN, the built-in values for ethernet are also 0 with the old DSDT, no EFI string, Chameleon RC4 boot file and EthernetBuiltin=y in c.a.B.p.

I was just verifying the EFI string injected values in IORegistryExplorer and thought I found something new. Is this consistent with yours(iFabio, kn6600)?

Wow guys this is so great. The development has gone so far since when I last checked in August. Great job!

My setup: P6T V2, GTX 260, 6gb 1600mhz OCZ Gold Ram (hehe common set up apparently :))

So I did this right before the new DSDT came out that sleep works with. Is it possible to do this update after installed or am I just jumping the gun for a guide?

Again, Thanks for your great work, I was missing OSX dearly.

OK, before I cause confusion AGAIN, the built-in values for ethernet are also 0 with the old DSDT, no EFI string, Chameleon RC4 boot file and EthernetBuiltin=y in c.a.B.p.

I was just verifying the EFI string injected values in IORegistryExplorer and thought I found something new. Is this consistent with yours(iFabio, kn6600)?

Yes, in my case.

========================================================================

ok

I post it in the first page

but pls someone teach how use it

(with gfxutil ecc.. ecc.. and how set it in com.boot.apple.plist)

Fabio

Ok, this is small guide how to use new DSDT from Fabio with EFI string.

Download new DSDT from Fabio's first page.

Download GFXUtil.

Create folder on your Desktop and name it "EFI"

Put inside the GFXUtil and the EFI.plist (from Fabio).

Change EFI.plist if you have other graphics card than nVidia GTX 260.

Open Terminal.

Write : cd Desktop/EFI/

Write : ./gfxutil -i xml -o hex ./EFI.plist ./EFI.hex

Quit Terminal.

Open EFI.hex (in EFI folder on Desktop) with TextEdit, select all and copy.

Open yours com.apple.Boot.plist

Add this before "</dict>" line

<key>device-properties</key>

<string> (paste here your EFI string (from EFI.hex) ) </string>

Save com.apple.Boot.plist.

And use new DSDT from Fabio.

gfxutil.zip

FABIO

What's the benefit if using EFI.plist

Are there any improvements, or just better way of PURE injection of the nessasary infos.

And pls post the guide How to edit the EFI.plist with Info for the grapica card

Hi

As some people test...

the benefit (for me) is no edit every time the "damn" DSDT

the little "change" like GFX AUDIO or LPCB (powermanagement device) is do by strings in com.apple.boot.plist... now we use (me too) this method because I'm not completly happy about the Enabler graphics provided by the boot (I think missed somthings...) for example how kn6600 test the GFX funs "run" better with EFI strings VS Enabler by the boot...

The hard way is get the proprely strings "personalized" for our card (Nvidia is well for this)

I try (If I have time) to post some standard GFX injection like your cards (I have your ioregedit so is easy "extract" the strings and add the "missed" data)

EDIT

I found this nice "guide" for EFI strings in insanelymac can help ;) for people wont try some different

Fabio

Note

fc bayern pls add your spec in signature pls!

Hello World

I have just returned from my relaxing trip :(

I see that the sleep problem is very serious and also I personally for some discomfort.

As rightly pointed out dgobe from version M2.1 my DSDT something started go wrong with the Sleep ...

I compared my backup and beliefs have identified the problem .... Firewire "pach" is the problem...

I can not be 100% sure but almost ...

I did the following test ...

1) I decompiled the DSDT VM2.3-i7-940

2) I have deleted the part on the firewire "on conserving power bla bla"

3) .... saved and rebuilt ...

4) I added OpenHaltRestart.kext in Extra/Extensions

5) and I've rebuilt the cache it again

... I have SLEEP ... I repeat are not functioning 100% sure that the problem is due to that ... Today ( time to unpack) I'll do thorough checks... (I hope is so simple... :o)

I will try w/o OHR too... and I will try with my last DSDT 3.x too bye :thumbsup_anim:

@ karineko

Ja probe todas la soluciones propuesta en el foro de dood... la ASUS lamentablemente no tiene esa option (de momento) lo que puede probar es enjectar el MacPro3,1 por tentar obtener un voltaje dinamico.

Fabio ...

A new DSDT v3.1 in my first page...

pls read the note before using it! probably need OHR in E/E (for me works w/o OHR)

later I do more test on it... :P thx dgobe to point me back on DSDT M2.1 M2.3 difference...

So... people try it and pls post your experience

Fabio

Hi Fabio, welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your relaxing trip.

I tried various versions including the v1.9 DSDT.aml and sleep doesn't work. The display goes to sleep, but the computer not, if I then move the mouse it returns to normal mode. I can post the screenshots of my BIOS setup, but there isn't anything strange there.

If you want we can compare it with my DSDT, with it I have a working sleep without any sleep enabler and reboot kexts, it doesn't has many of your changes like PCI device listings but at least sleep works without any kexts so we could maybe take a look at it. :thumbsup_anim:

Hola Fabio, bienvenido de vuelta! Espero que hayas disfrutado tu viaje de relax.

He probado varias varias versiones del DSDT.aml incluyendo la v1.9 y el sleep/reposo sigue sin funcionar. La pantalla entra en modo reposo pero la computadora no, si luego muevo el mouse la computadora vuelve a su estado anterior. Puedo publicar imagenes de la configuracion de mi BIOS si hiciera falta, aunque no hay ninguna cosa rara en el pienso.

SI quieres podemos compararlo con mi DSDT, con el yo tengo funcionando el modo reposo correctamente sin hacer uso de ninguna kext adicional como sleep enabler ni las para reboot/reiniciar, por lo que quizas podemos echarle un vistazo. -_-

Maybe it breaks sleep! Hey Fabio, welcome back!

I swear I tested M2.2 and 2.3 prior to updating my BIOS to 0804 and sleep was working. It's something I always check before I make a new installation package. I think something is up. I'll see if I can downgrade my BIOS later.

I see the new DSDT has the processors named P001... instead of CPU0.... Maybe a good idea to change this?

@KariNeko

I read through the d00d's post. In number 5 it is interesting that the BIOS does not provide the C-States when overclocked above a certain level. Have you tried to run stock speed and check your results?

There were a couple of guys in the old thread who had higher temps, as compared to Windows, and mine were always identical in Windows and Snow. They were overclocking too. I'll test later with MSRTools and let you know. I was "verifying" proper stepping by observing idle and load temps as compared to Windows(they were the same). Also, Geekbench scores led me to believe I had +1 Turbo functioning.

Yes I tried it at stock speeds too. My temperatures are the same here as in Windows.

What are your results when you tried MSRTools?

Hi Fabio, welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your relaxing trip.

I tried various versions including the v1.9 DSDT.aml and sleep doesn't work. The display goes to sleep, but the computer not, if I then move the mouse it returns to normal mode. I can post the screenshots of my BIOS setup, but there isn't anything strange there.

If you want we can compare it with my DSDT, with it I have a working sleep without any sleep enabler and reboot kexts, it doesn't has many of your changes like PCI device listings but at least sleep works without any kexts so we could maybe take a look at it. :thumbsup_anim:

Hola Fabio, bienvenido de vuelta! Espero que hayas disfrutado tu viaje de relax.

He probado varias varias versiones del DSDT.aml incluyendo la v1.9 y el sleep/reposo sigue sin funcionar. La pantalla entra en modo reposo pero la computadora no, si luego muevo el mouse la computadora vuelve a su estado anterior. Puedo publicar imagenes de la configuracion de mi BIOS si hiciera falta, aunque no hay ninguna cosa rara en el pienso.

SI quieres podemos compararlo con mi DSDT, con el yo tengo funcionando el modo reposo correctamente sin hacer uso de ninguna kext adicional como sleep enabler ni las para reboot/reiniciar, por lo que quizas podemos echarle un vistazo. -_-

Yes I tried it at stock speeds too. My temperatures are the same here as in Windows.

What are your results when you tried MSRTools?

Hola Karineko

The sleep issue is solved...

I try the same "trick" deleting the firewire part in my lasts DSDT and magically all work's without kext so... some kext unable the sleep restart function (in firewire pach is the GPE value ).

We can compare the DSDT but I make some deep change in the DSDT v3.x like deleting unused code to less the code and deleting unused defice like GFX slot x :thumbsup_anim: this make very hard find minimal difference... but we can try...

You try/test the v3.1.2?

Fabio

Hola Karineko

The sleep issue is solved...

I try the same "trick" deleting the firewire part in my lasts DSDT and magically all work's without kext so... some kext unable the sleep restart function (in firewire pach is the GPE value ).

We can compare the DSDT but I make some deep change in the DSDT v3.x like deleting unused code to less the code and deleting unused defice like GFX slot x ;) this make very hard find minimal difference... but we can try...

You try/test the v3.1.2?

Fabio

Hi Fabio! great news then, I'll try your new DSDT v.3.1.2 then and will report back. Yes I saw you made very deep changes in the latest DSDT versions, so if this is working now we have no need to compare the files. I'll download and try it.

Hola Fabio! buenas noticias entonces, voy a probar tu nueva version del DSDT v.3.1.2 y reportare los resultados. Si he visto que has hecho cambios bastante profundos en las ultimas versiones de los DSDT, por lo que si esto esta funcionando ahora no habria necesidad de comparar los archivos. Ahora lo descargo y pruebo.

Karina

Hi

I add in the page of DSDT update some com.apple.boot.plist with GFX inject

Sure your device mach with id (or model) before up 'n go :o

Anyone can cooperate to expand the list ;)just dump his IOReg

Fabio

Fabio here are my results: with your new version 3.1.2 sleep works when AppleVIAATA.kext is removed, OpenHaltRestart.kext doesn't matter i works with and without it so the important thing was AppleVIAATA.kext.

I wanted to say while we are at this that with my DSDT sleep works even with AppleVIAATA.kext so maybe there is something else there.

Fabio aqui estan mis resultados: con tu ultima version 3.1.2 sleep funciona cuando se quita AppleVIAATA.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext se puede quitar o no ya que no altera el funcionamiento, lo importante era el AppleVIAATA.kext.

Queria decir mientras estamos con esto que con mi DSDT sleep funciona incluso con el AppleVIAATA.kext por lo que quizas hay alguna otra cosa mas suelta.

Fabio here are my results: with your new version 3.1.2 sleep works when AppleVIAATA.kext is removed, OpenHaltRestart.kext doesn't matter i works with and without it so the important thing was AppleVIAATA.kext.

I wanted to say while we are at this that with my DSDT sleep works even with AppleVIAATA.kext so maybe there is something else there.

Fabio aqui estan mis resultados: con tu ultima version 3.1.2 sleep funciona cuando se quita AppleVIAATA.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext se puede quitar o no ya que no altera el funcionamiento, lo importante era el AppleVIAATA.kext.

Queria decir mientras estamos con esto que con mi DSDT sleep funciona incluso con el AppleVIAATA.kext por lo que quizas hay alguna otra cosa mas suelta.

Intresting...

edit:

Your DSDT work's the shoutdown w/o OHR?

end edit

Maybe is some value in "notify" in GPE part in botton of our DSDT...

Post it in text/dsl version I'll look in it ;)

Fabio

Fabio

I've used the EFi string for my Nvidia graphic card for my previous PC system

but since P6T deluxe v1, been using graphic enabler in com.boot.plist and no problem since than

I'll try your efi, but earlier was using also.

tnaks anyway

Fabio, this is strange because since I added the shutdown DSDT fix I could shutdown correctly without any kext.

Those fixes where:

Adding to Scope (\) this:

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x0830, 0x13)
Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
		   ,   4,
	SLPE,   1,
}

And adding to Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized) this:

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	{
		Store (Zero, SLPE)
		Sleep(0x10)
	}

Previous to this I couldn't shutdown. I also applied this fix to the DSDT from an Asus P5LD2-VM motherboard that hasn't shutdown working and it worked there too. Even more strange is that I saw in your DSDT that you don't have that fix, but shutdown works.

Tell me if I could help you in something

EDIT: corrected the value from 0x0430 to 0x0830. I was already using 0x0830 but I copied the text from my reference text and that was using 0x0430, hope no one confuses.

Fabio, this is strange because since I added the shutdown DSDT fix I could shutdown correctly without any kext.

Those fixes where:

Adding to Scope (\) this:

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x0430, 0x13)
 Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
 {
			,   4,
	 SLPE,   1,
 }

And adding to Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized) this:

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	 {
		 Store (Zero, SLPE)
		 Sleep(0x10)
	 }

Yep I see it...

is 830 not 430... but is correct in your DSDT

I try it in other partition (chameleon 2 RC5 pre8) and I report back...

give me 5 min ;)

Yep I see it...

is 830 not 430... but is correct in your DSDT

I try it in other partition (chameleon 2 RC5 pre8) and I report back...

give me 5 min ;)

Sure, take your time.

830 is normally on Gigabyte boards for example as they have a PMBASE (400) +30h which normally results in 0x430, but on Asus boards it results in 830 as the PMBASE is in the 800s.

In my previous post I incorrectly typed 0x0430 as a value, and it should be 0x0830 because I copied from the reference information I found on the Internet and not from my working DSDT, it's now fixed.

Sure, take your time.

830 is normally on Gigabyte boards for example as they have a PMBASE (400) +30h which normally results in 0x430, but on Asus boards it results in 830 as the PMBASE is in the 800s.

The values in the previous post I posted where the ones I took as a guide, I'll fix them to Asus style so no one confuses as the ones I used are with the correct values (830).

You right Kari

Work's for me too! My foult (I doble rebuild cache on my primary and second partition! My mess!)

Cool... sleep stop and restart!

There just little missing stuff like SMbus error log but is little problem, and need little data with some AD2000b.kext (no our case we already have the id in the kext) ...

If is ok for you I try make/streep your DSDT adding my fix preserving the compatibility with AppleVIAATA :)

As I say before my DSDTv3.x have many deep change to try rebuild or find the exact problem...

Anyway is it another good point! :)

ESP

Mi culpa,

Me equivoche con las particiones y a reconstruir las caches :P

Puedo confirmar que funciona lo Stop lo sleep e lo Shutdown sin necesitar OHR y con el controlador del PATA in E/E muy bien!

Si te vale voy a intentar extraer la parte buena de tu DSDT y ponerle las fix que contienen mi DSDT

tambien tentar diminuir un poco el peso.. que te parece?

Ya que mi DSDT en su ultima encarnation tiene demasiado cambio... ma sigo entendando averiguar donde se enquentra el problema.

Fabio

You right Kari

work's for me too! My foult I doble rebuild cache on my primary and second partition!

Cool... sleep stop and restart!

There just little missing stuff like SMbus error log but is little problem, and need little data with some AD2000b.kext (no our case we already have the id in the kext) ...

If is ok for you I try make/streep your DSDT adding my fix preserving the compatibility with AppleVIAATA ;)

As I say before my DSDTv3.x have many deep change to try rebuild or find the exact problem...

Anyway is it another good point! :)

ESP

Mi culpa,

Me equivoche con las particiones y a reconstruir las caches :P

Puedo confirmar que funciona lo Stop lo sleep e lo Shutdown sin necesitar OHR y con el controlador del PATA in E/E muy bien!

Si te vale voy a intentar extraer la parte buena de tu DSDT y ponerle las fix que contienen mi DSDT

tambien tentar diminuir un poco el peso.. que te parece?

Ya que mi DSDT en su ultima encarnation tiene demasiado cambio... ma sigo entendando averiguar donde se enquentra el problema.

Fabio

:) Yes, sleep, halt and reboot all working without kexts. :)

I know, I didn't add any SMbus stuff to it. :P

Of course, you can make any modifications to it as you want. :)

Later then we could figure out what is not working good on 3.x with AppleVIAATA.

ESP (jiji)

:) Si, reposo/sleep, apagado y reinciado funcionan correctamente sin ninguna kext adicional :)

Lo se, no agregue nada acerca del SMbus a mi DSDT. :rolleyes:

Por supuesto, puedes hacer las modificaciones que quieras a el. :)

Mas tarde entonces se podra ver que es lo que esta pasando el 3.x de que no funciona bien con el AppleVIAATA.

Karina