[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Great Job! This was almost as easy as a regular mac os install. Amazing! Thank you so much.

I installed with a 10.6 disk and then used software update to get to 10.6.2. Once there everything works except my sound. It worked after the initial os install but I lost it after the update. Any suggestions on how to get it back would be great.

use pacifist ..

open the combo update 10.6.2

extract the AppleHDA.kext

overwrite this with a file present in S/L/E/

repair permission and reboot.

Fabio

Hi all

A new DSDT 3.1 coming is a ibrid with support provided by EFI strings... only 8/12K :) )

works fine for me...

changes:

Shutdown? yes

Restart? yes

Sleep? No

SpeedStep? yes for i7 920 and 940 (if someone provide his i7 950/960/965/975 maybe...)

Support PS/2 device ? yes

Unused device deleted...

cleened the code

basic injection coming with EFI strings in com.apple.Boot.plist... need conversion with gfxutil.

the boot time is more fast

dsdt31.jpg

Fabio

use pacifist ..

open the combo update 10.6.2

extract the AppleHDA.kext

overwrite this with a file present in S/L/E/

repair permission and reboot.

Fabio

Great Thanks! Works now with no problems.

Thanks Again

Can anyone help I have been at it for 2 days this guide is awesome except I still cant install I think because of my video card ATI Radeon 4850 1gb when the SL is loading everything seems fine until it gets to the gui part of the installer than my screen just goes haywire almost looks like matrix code in black and white though if I move the mouse I could kind of see some sort of movement in the background. Here are my specs any help would be appreciated

MB: Asus P6T Deluxe V2

CPU: I7 975 3.33ghz

GPU: ATI Radeon 4850 1gb

HD: 1 TB

RAM: 12GB OCZ 2000mhz Ram

DSDT update: DSDT v3.00

----------------------------------------

Feb, 3 2010

Please read before using:

- If you have a PS2 keyboard probably does not work (I removed this part)

- In this new version is missing the SpeedStep, but the system works well the temperatures are very good and overall system responsiveness is extraordinary.

- I have reduced the DSDT code to a minimum (or near) (maybe this will achieve a bootloader for our motherboard.)

- Still unresolved the problem of sleep :wacko:

- Yet to be tested. .. if there are improvements to the FireWire or remains as in previous versions.

- So if you have problem with this new DSDT.... go back at previus version M2.3

DSDT v3.00: P6T Deluxe & P6TD Deluxe >> P6T_Deluxe_P6TD_Deluxe_v3.00.zip

credits: smith@@ (thank's for all your advice)

have fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSDT M2.3

Last stable version (sleep and shutdown works w/ OHR)

i7 940

i7 920

i7 basic (version with no SS)

GFX injection new! (with this you can remove graphics enabler in com.apple.Boot.plist)

Some example: (before use make sure you have the same device id!!)

--- Coming soon ---

You need to know how add your new data:

PCIe 2.0 x16_3 slot (black, at max. x8 link)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)

- Device (PEG1) Name (_ADR, 0x00010000) --> Device (GFX1)

PCIe 2.0 x16_1 slot (blue, at x16 link)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)

- Device (PEG3) Name (_ADR, 0x00030000) --> Device (GFX3)

PCIe 2.0 x16_2 slot (white, at x16 link)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x7,0x0)

- Device (PEG7) Name (_ADR, 0x00070000) --> Device (GFX7)

pcie20.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSDT history

Last version M2.2.1

(Cosmetics changes)

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independent

Old version

DSDT M2.2

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independent

DSDT M2.1

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independent

DSDT M2.0

- i7 940

- i7 920

- i7 Independent

Could you please tell me what I am to do with the M2.3_920.zip file to get sleep to work? Thanks

EXCELLENT!!!! Thank you a billion times. Used your guide and all is well and running on my system.

Everything runs and loads find but after a restart when it is booting up there are 16 different EBIOS errors that pop up. After the errors it loads SL just fine. Any idea what that is or how to stop it? Not a big deal. Just curious.

Thank you.

Also, I didn't have to change anything in BIOS to install. I was trying different ways to install SL before I found this guide and none of them worked but the BIOS setup instructions were pretty much the same. I forgot to make the bios changes as instructed and everything is installed just fine.

NOTE: I use AHCI as my SATA setting by default for removable SATA drives.

I can't make new threads so I can't ask anyone for help it's abit strange. I am going to post it here. This might be wrong.

But not being able to make new threads is wrong too.

What OSx86 can I install on;

Acer Aspire M1610 R01-A4

Acer F672CR R01-A4

1.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (2 total)

2560 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1) [Display adapter]

ATA Channel 0 [Controller] (2x)

ATA Channel 1 [Controller]

SiS PCI IDE Controller

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller (2x)

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

High Definition Audio Device

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

SiS191 Ethernet Controller

Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller

Firstly thank you for all of your efforts! I sincerely appreciate it. I wanted to report back that my system is up and running. Everything seems to be running well. I was somewhat concerned that geekbench is reporting a score of 7900 on my stock i7 920. I read elsewhere on this thread that it should be in the 9000 range. Is this true? Am I missing any optimizations? I installed the CD method and Fabio's DSDT 3.0 with the 920 selected and that's it. Should I do anything extra for my Video card? I also notice if the system is running any applications that sometimes my wireless usb logitech mouse gets laggy. I'm considering getting a Bluetooth dongle and a Magic Mouse but I want to be sure it's works well. Anyone running this same setup? Is it working flawlessly? I'm pretty sure it's the mouse because I've installed a regular corded usb mouse and the problem isn't as bad.

The system just doesn't feel quite as "snappy" as a stock iMac and considering I'm running the OS on an SSD I figured it should be night and day. I'm hoping that there's something I'm missing. Again thanks for this great guide! I'm very happy with the results!

Did you get sleep to work right after the install. Or is there an additional step in order to get sleep to work. My monitor goes to sleep but the cpu and fas do not. Thanks in advance.

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Intel Core i7 920(stock speed) with 6GB Corsair XMs3 DDR3

EVGA GeForce GTS 250 Core 512MB DDR3

Hitachi 1TB HD31000 IDK/7K

@zampa

You need to edit your device-id in /S/L/E/ATI4800Controller.kext or install the package here:

http://netkas.org/?p=212

@EZG

The EBIOS errors are normal when booting from the boot-132 CD. You don't need to boot from it after installation if you've followed the instructions properly.

@kmcdaniel

Edit your post to remove the entire quotation of the first post please! I'll post an answer for you later.

I completed the install with no problems, I am just confused by all the post regarding sleep. Everything appears to be working correctly. I have updated to 10.6.2 and my monitor will sleep but the CPU and Fans will not. Is it possible to make sleep work with this build or is that still to come. Thanks!

------------------------

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

I completed the install with no problems, I am just confused by all the post regarding sleep. Everything appears to be working correctly. I have updated to 10.6.2 and my monitor will sleep but the CPU and Fans will not. Is it possible to make sleep work with this build or is that still to come. Thanks!

For a full system work

use DSDT vM2.x with OpenHaltRestart.kext in Extra/Extensions

Fabio

Fabio, Thank you very much for all your work and your fast reply. I apologize..this is my first computer build and I am unfamiliar how to complete the DSDT edit. Is that a link that you could provide that could show me how to get this to full working with sleep and the files you suggested. Thank you very much!!!

------------------------

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Fabio, Thank you very much for all your work and your fast reply. I apologize..this is my first computer build and I am unfamiliar how to complete the DSDT edit. Is that a link that you could provide that could show me how to get this to full working with sleep and the files you suggested. Thank you very much!!!

All the info are present in the first dgobe's post.

for the DSDT...

I did not do any magic ...

Everyone is free to experiment ...

The program I use to edit DSDT are:

- BBEdit (similar to the interface of EVODSDT)

- DiffMerge (to compare the differences between the various DSDTs versions)

- Iaslme (to compile/decompile ACPIs tables)

- patience

Fabio ;)

if anyone wants to help me with the changes to the DSDT is welcome !!!

Thanks again, the OpenHaltRestart.kext is already located in Extra/Extensions. Do I need to replace this with a new one. Also I downloaded M2.3_920.zip and dragged it into Extra folder to replace the DSDT.aml. Is this the correct procedure or do I need to use a program to actually replace and rewrite the DSDT.aml file. Sorry for my lack of experience!

------------------------

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Thanks again, the OpenHaltRestart.kext is already located in Extra/Extensions. Do I need to replace this with a new one. Also I downloaded M2.3_920.zip and dragged it into Extra folder to replace the DSDT.aml. Is this the correct procedure or do I need to use a program to actually replace and rewrite the DSDT.aml file. Sorry for my lack of experience!

is correct...

now just run kext utility to repair permission and rebuild the cache.. just doble click

Fabio

ok I completed it, but still no sleep...Can you provide a link to the appropriate kext file for OpenHaltRestart.kext. Thanks Again!

------------------------

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

I was somewhat concerned that geekbench is reporting a score of 7900 on my stock i7 920. I read elsewhere on this thread that it should be in the 9000 range. Is this true? Am I missing any optimizations?

Maybe you ran geekbench in 32 bit mode?

ok I completed it, but still no sleep...Can you provide a link to the appropriate kext file for OpenHaltRestart.kext. Thanks Again!

------------------------

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

kmcdaniel that kext is included in the AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132 ISO you downloaded from the 1st post.

ok I dont think I'm putting the dsdt.aml or the OpenHaltRestart.kext file in the correct place. Exactly which folder am I putting this in please. I know this is probably so simple but it is driving me nuts. I downloaded the proper DSDT.aml file and the OpenHaltRestart.kext is located in my Extra/Extensions folder...Where do I copy these to once I have them, then it should be just a click of Kext Utility and allset.....Correct? Thanks!

------------------------

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

/Extra/Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext

/Extra/DSDT.aml

Drag the "Extensions" folder on to Kext Utility Icon, enter your password when prompted.

ok I dont think I'm putting the dsdt.aml or the OpenHaltRestart.kext file in the correct place. Exactly which folder am I putting this in please. I know this is probably so simple but it is driving me nuts. I downloaded the proper DSDT.aml file and the OpenHaltRestart.kext is located in my Extra/Extensions folder...Where do I copy these to once I have them, then it should be just a click of Kext Utility and allset.....Correct? Thanks!

------------------------

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

Hi,

Ok I got the SL to install by adding the ati4800control.kext installation went smooth but after install when it restarted all I see is black screen with white lines again please help what do I do next. Thanks

MB: Asus P6T Deluxe V2

CPU: I7 975 3.33ghz

GPU: ATI Radeon 4850 1gb

HD: 1 TB

RAM: 12GB OCZ 2000mhz Ram