Patched mach_kernel 10.6.0 for Atom-based netbooks

teateam

347 posts in this topic

the two kext mentioned modify the cpuid *after* the cpuid check, it doesn't help with the panic here, it only helps with the power management kexts, anyway, those kexts have been depreciated and have been integrated into the bootloader as stated by teateam.

I'm running the 10.6.4. with HT. like a charm ;)

I see now that the 10.6.5 is out. What do I need to download and update before updating to 10.6.5. Or will the update with the new pached Kernel do the trick?

My system is a Asrock Ion330 Pro the new version with bios 1.20

Thanks in advance

You need save your kexts for video and audio, remove sleepenabler (and rebuild kext cache).

After update, don't reboot. Install new patched kernel and restore your kexts, run Kext Utility and after all reboot.

Install new sleepenabler or try read my article (google translated, original on russian language) and remove sleepenabler forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Works absolutly perfect in 32- AND 64-bit mode:

- Nettop "MSI Wind Box DC200"

- Darwin Kernel 10.5.0 (xnu-1504.9.17~1/RELEASE_I386)

- Atom 230 (SLB6Z).

@teateam

Thank you for all your hard work you do for the community!!

RaMaDaSa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

I tried toupdate my zotac ion a board from 10.6.4 to 10.6.5 with the new kernel,

but I have errors...nullcpupowermanagement.kext doesn´t work anymore, so I got a kernel panic at the end of the combo installer,

second ty : I erased the powermanagement kext from the system directly ater the installer has installed this stuff..no kernel panic anymore , but when I tried to rebot te system

it hangs on acpi platform ...waiting for service appleintelcpupowermanagement has anybdy an idea what I should do now ?

Greetings fom Gary and merry christmas to all !

Hi,

the problem is solved 10.6.5 is running now on Zotac Ion A.

It has been an issue with the ion graphic, the kernel works fine !

Bye !

Gary

Hi gary88!

I have the same problem with Zotac ion 330 A-E board, how did you manage to get rid of that error?

Can you please tell me what kext, dsdt and Chameleon you are using?

thanks,

luk

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress on 10.6.6 kernel patch?