Patched mach_kernel 10.6.0 for Atom-based netbooks

teateam

347 posts in this topic

hey tea, great work.

btw, could you provide me with the diff you're actually using to build the new kernel. Would appreciate it.

How do you upgrade from 10.6.1 to 10.6.6? I have tried and got a SleepEnabler kernel panic. I delete that kext and I get the same kernel panic. So, what kexts need to be deleted before updating? I have an Acer Aspire One a150 if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
You need save your kexts for video and audio, remove sleepenabler (and rebuild kext cache).

After update, don't reboot. Install new patched kernel and restore your kexts, run Kext Utility and after all reboot.

Install new sleepenabler or try read my article (google translated, original on russian language) and remove sleepenabler forever.

Teateam,

Hoe is it possible to run a combo update and do before the restart restore the kexts?

I normally download and install your new kernel as match_kernel_106x so I have all the kernels in the root with the version extension. In the plist file I revere to the right kernel version.

I hope to update from 10.6.4. to 10.6.6 once I know the update to 10.6.5. will work.

thanks, you are doing a great job.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guyz, i have a zotac ion itx f-e with atom 330 and this kernel works fine.. but.. i have a question.. this is the first time where i have 64bit kernel on snow leopard, i used 32bit mode on 10.6.4 (by default) and now i'm using 64bit mode (by default), why? 64bit increase performance?

• 2 weeks later...
On the Atom 330 no. Continue to use 32-bit kernel.

i don't have keytxt problem so, if 32 as the same performance as 64, x64 isn't better for stabilities?

emh.. how to change to 32bit kernel? i tryed with Kernel flags arch=x86, arch=i386 (KernelPanic), arch=x86_64, every time boots up with kernel_task with intel(64) info

i'm using sl 10.6.6 with file from first post.. it could be only an x64 kernel?

EDIT: i suppouse it's a SleepEnabler 32bit kernel problem (it could works only on x64)

here they say that works in 64bit mode, but, don't know if it works on 32bit

so, if i want to load x86kernel i have to delete sleepEnabler.. so.. i will not be able to stop pc :gun:

You can configure your system to work without SleepEnabler, NullCPUPM and VoodooPower. With patched mach_kernel you can use original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, but you need correct configure system, before you can do it.

:rolleyes:

i tryed all solutions.. i have a zotac ion itx f-e with atom 330 + ion and, how to configure Freeze setting (Stop) without SleepEnabler kext?

i'm not using nullcpu and voodoopower.. so i suppouse i'm using AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext natively, but, Stop doesen't work.

I could try to delete SleepEnabler kext.. but.. don't know how to do to use AppleIntelCPU//.kext for Stop command

EDIT: ok, without SE.kext (on chameleon extra folder (not sys folder)) system boots up, with i386 flag boots in 32bit mode and, it's the same :queen:

32bit kernel uses about the same ammount of ram of 64bit mode, i don't see a boost performance.. and kernel uses more cpu for a normal use.. so.. why i have to use 32bit mode if in 64bit it's the same (with minimal CPU consuption)? i'm curious

Could it be faster for buss performance? or for driver performance (like GPU drivers)?

I suppouse in 32bit mode ALL Drivers uses 32bit mode, kernel is an ammount of drivers.. so.. maybe hardware could be "faster" in 32bit mode.. is that right? Not faster.. less "fat"?

or x64 drivers for nettop isn't compiled for top performance?

so.. the question is.. x64 kernel and driver (kext) mode can afflict performance?

• 3 weeks later...