Patched mach_kernel 10.6.0 for Atom-based netbooks

teateam

347 posts in this topic

Hi

Sorry if it is just what you said but I probably got it wrong then,

From 10.6.1, I download 10.6.2 update from Apple's website, then I open a Terminal window, then I run the update and once it's done I don't click on Reboot but I instal the patched kernel, is that it ?

Thank you !

Hi

Sorry if it is just what you said but I probably got it wrong then,

From 10.6.1, I download 10.6.2 update from Apple's website, then I open a Terminal window, then I run the update and once it's done I don't click on Reboot but I instal the patched kernel, is that it ?

Thank you !

Ok so I did this and it worked but my kexts weren't working I tried to reinstall them but no luck.

I am currently re installing SL 10.6 and I'll stay in 10.6.1.

But I noticed that (certainly because of your kernel) in About this Mac it finally showed "Intel Core Solo", I searched for 5 hours on how to inject the right cputype but nothing worked so I just edited it with OSX86Tools but I knew it weren't really recognizing the cpu. Can you tell how you did this please ? Thanks !

Does it work on Samsung n140??? I have 10.6 on it. Can I update to 10.6.2???. Thanks!!!! Mipf06

It should be OK, but you will have to download a new version of fakesmc.kext (Google It!).

;)

It should be OK, but you will have to download a new version of fakesmc.kext (Google It!).

:D

Thank you so much for your response :) . I'll give it a try ;) then post results.

Regards. Mipf06

Sysyphus, one question. Should I delete old fakesmc.kext and sleepenabler, update SL to 10.6.2 and BEFORE restart, install the new one with Teateam's patch??? ;) Is that correct???

Thanks!!!

Mipf06

I can not download mach_kernel_10.2.0_atom64_2.zip which is teateam released at http: // www.mediafire.com/?jfyynujykyy.

Is mach_kernel_10.2.0_atom64_2.zip as same as mach_kernel_10.2.0_patched.zip?

mach_kernel_10.2.0_patched.zip is the hacked kernel that teateam released at post 1.

Many thanks teateam!!!

Hello,

Sorry to re-re-re-re-ask the same question but is there any place where the upgrade procedure is explained ?

I understand the deal with the sleepenabler remove, kernel thing

Do we have a 10.6.3 compatible sleepenabler available somewhere ?

Once this is done, can we safely do the system update from the Apple menu ?

The 10.6.3 update seems to be more than just the new kernel. What do we need to do to get the rest ?

(just trying to save some time...)

Any help is welcome.

Thanks, Richard.

Just updated to 10.6.3 for my Samsung NC10, updated sleepenabler.kext and Tea's new kernel (Clicky here) no problems, however, sound and graphics not working, copied over the a previous version of the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, got screen resolution to work, but Quicktime and VLC don't play, just black screen.

Will need to investigate both.....

:P

Hi

i use a n280 gma950 netbook

sl 10.6.3 tea kernel 10.6.3 and netbookinstaller by merklort

first used the netbbok installer and after iodate with tea kernel

the system work fine but i have no speedstep anyone has a solution.

I try to tweak my dsdt with my pstate but not work.

Removing sleepenabler and nullcpupower = kernel panic

can anyone post the dsdt from atom 270/280 modified for speedstep?

I could update SL to 10.6.3. I had no sleepenabler or fake so I have no need to unistall anything. I just made a pendrive with netbookinstaller 0.8.4 (Merklot's new one) and run SL update and Tea's patch. Reboot but I did that from my usb, opened disk utility and direct to netbookinstaller option. When finish, restarted and everything was there :( . Only reinstalled audio.

Hope it helps. Regard. Mipf06

Thanks!!!! The patched mach_kernel 10.3.0 works on my AOA 150-1140.

Dont forget to update Sleepenabler.kext before you upgrade to 10.6.3, otherwise you will get KP. -_-