Patched mach_kernel 10.6.0 for Atom-based netbooks

teateam

347 posts in this topic

Hi guys just asking which version of the Sleep Enabler should I use with the 10.6.8_Atom_APICfixed_kernel.zip, possibly a link or the download itself would be much appreciated.

The closet I got to a working updated version seemed to get past the Sleep enabler stage further on get stuck, using -v for the book showed repeating systemPower False messages.

I think at the time I might have been using the newcomm's legacy kernel. Previous to that I tried Andy's initial 10.6.8 patched kernel but seemed to complain about Sleep Enabler even though I tried a number of versions

Thanks

no changes. same kernel.
why do you say something on a mere guess? Have you run a CRC or MD5 check? No you haven't! If you had you would have realized that AnV indeed modded teateam's atom kernel. Guess why he changed the name, even alluding to what he fixed ....... dooohh

Andy's latest Atom kernel for 10.6.8 can be obtained here (yes, the download also contains a Atom kernel. Andy likes it mystical and stealthy).

No :)
u got Lion running by any chance (on a non-Atom unit)?

why do you say something on a mere guess? Have you run a CRC or MD5 check? No you haven't! If you had you would have realized that AnV indeed modded teateam's atom kernel. Guess why he changed the name, even alluding to what he fixed ....... dooohh

I meant no changes in kernel between 10.6.8 and 10.6.8 v1.1. Same md5.

• 2 weeks later...

don't forget, guys (and gals?) - you need a 64 bit Atom CPU !!!! The kernel will boot on a 32 bit Atom CPU, but Lion really will not be fun! It is made for 64 bit CPUs ONLY !! Many things will not work (as reported by others before - I'm just repeating/ reminding) ..

From what I know most Netbooks have been, are, and will be sold with 32 bit Atom CPUs. Only very few models are equipped with 64 bit ones, simply because Netbooks in general are meant to be lower end quality and cost (incl. by default little RAM <4GB which simply does not require 64 bit).

• 1 month later...
Awesome work here. Thank you.

*EDIT

Will there be a 10.6.7 kernel update?

10.6.7 Atom Kernel

This link points to a 10.7.0 kernel. I'm running 10.6.7

...am I missing something here? Is this 10.7.0 kernel to be used on a 10.6.7 system?

(NBI is failing me and not patching my 1000HE's kernel - need another way around this)