Kakewalk: Minimal effort install (EP45, EX58, P55, G41)

mrjanek

3,658 posts in this topic

USB fine here both on board and additional. Did you lose all ports or just some?

nope, i'am just careful :blink::wacko: !

i heard that some users have problems with USB after update !

ok, combo update download is now complete and i'll give a shut :whistle:

good to have CCC :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT: :D Update went perfect, THX :D

CooSee ' Ya

Hello, i want to install SL 10.6.3, i have the retail disk, iatkos v3, ideneb 1.3 10.5.5. I have an i3 540 with P55 MB made by Dfi Lanparty DK T3eH9, 4 gb ddr 1333, 8800 gts 320mb g80.

Ideneb 1.3 runs perfect on my configuration except the quartz extreme that says it's not supported, realtek alc885 (i didn't found the driver yet), and ethernet intel 82578DC Gigabit PHY.

If i don't have Gigabyte MB it's posible to work also on my PC ?

Thank you very much for your understanding, today i sold my old e4400 and Asus p35 for this new configuration just in order to install Snow Leopard, i'm desperate.

Kakewalk will only work on GigaByte motherboards - which P55 board do you have? Is it the one listed on page one of this thread? If not, you might try tonymacx86's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]+[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and check his DSDT listing to see if your board is listed there.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html

You might also visit the forum (use button on above site page) and look at the preinstall user builds to see what other people have attempted to install on.

Hi, thanks for this post, I tried to install snow leopard on my PC with kakewalk method but I got this problem, I follow all the intructions on this guide (bios etc...), I put my original copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on the hard drive after the Kakewalk Boot, everything seem to be fine 'couse I can see the Mac OSX screen with the Apple logo and the drive reading the DVD but after a While the monitor goes to sleep and nothing happen, I tried with different methods (Hazard, ideneb etc...) and everything is fine but I'm not able to reach the setup in this way!!

Where is the problem, I got this configuration:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR

CPU: Intel core duo Q9650 3.00 GHZ Quad

8GB Corsair DDR2 ram

Video ATI Radeon 4870 1GB

Hope someone could help me!!

PS:sorry for my bad english :(

Did the update to 10.6.5 and got a kernel panic

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3.5)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)

Had to remove the SleepEnabler.kext!! Don't forget to do this before the upgrade!!

Hi DaeMonS

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.4.0 will do it

or there is a NEW kext from kexts.com

Good luck Ray

thx,

but i dont need this ,couse i try the last: ALC888 EP45-UD3LR-SL10.6.4 again,and it works, i leave it, next update i will use another, or your idea,at this point i say thanx :(

anyway, someone have idea,way i loose sata hdd HOT-Swap function on EP45-UD3LR with Kakewalk install?

Did the update to 10.6.5 and got a kernel panic

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies)

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3.5)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)

Had to remove the SleepEnabler.kext!! Don't forget to do this before the upgrade!!

Seems I updated and did not remove the sleepenabler.kext resulting in KP and the same message above.

Can you tell me how to remove the kext. Seems you managed to boot your setup again.

Thanks!

Seems I updated and did not remove the sleepenabler.kext resulting in KP and the same message above.

Can you tell me how to remove the kext. Seems you managed to boot your setup again.

Thanks!

Ok. I managed to fix it.. Still a Mac Noob here.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197295

Navigate to the /Volumes/<your disc> and delete the files.

The above information helps and also for anyone with the same problem as I had.

thx,

but i dont need this ,couse i try the last: ALC888 EP45-UD3LR-SL10.6.4 again,and it works, i leave it, next update i will use another, or your idea,at this point i say thanx :(

anyway, someone have idea,way i loose sata hdd HOT-Swap function on EP45-UD3LR with Kakewalk install?

please look here:

Hotplug issue !!!

CooSee ' Ya

Hi, thanks for this post, I tried to install snow leopard on my PC with kakewalk method but I got this problem, I follow all the intructions on this guide (bios etc...), I put my original copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on the hard drive after the Kakewalk Boot, everything seem to be fine 'couse I can see the Mac OSX screen with the Apple logo and the drive reading the DVD but after a While the monitor goes to sleep and nothing happen, I tried with different methods (Hazard, ideneb etc...) and everything is fine but I'm not able to reach the setup in this way!!

Where is the problem, I got this configuration:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR

CPU: Intel core duo Q9650 3.00 GHZ Quad

8GB Corsair DDR2 ram

Video ATI Radeon 4870 1GB

Hope someone could help me!!

PS:sorry for my bad english ;)

you can try the install with a 10.6 retail version from SnowLeopard AND i think the importants is that you remove 4 GB of RAM for the installation and after than you can back the ram again.

I have 3 disks on my Gigabyte EX58-UD5 hackintosh - Main, Backup and Manager. Manger is only used to test Snow Leopard updates and Main is for everyday work whilst Backup is for Time Machine. I updated Manager to 10.6.5 and all seemed fine. No kernel panics or anything out of the ordinary so I went ahead and updated Main after backing up to an external disk. Main is now unstable, with frequent, random kernel panics reminiscent of 10.6.1 days. I reinstalled Kakewalk boot 2.0 on top of the 10.6.5 update but it hasn't solved the kernel panics. No panics on Manager so far. Totally inconsistent.

you can try the install with a 10.6 retail version from SnowLeopard AND i think the importants is that you remove 4 GB of RAM for the installation and after than you can back the ram again.

Why ? :blink:

Never got problems with 8GB :angel::D

@ bandlane

is your BIOS current ?

CPU overclocked ?

i used the USB method, is really Fast and i've NEVER got problems !

you should try the USB method !!!

CooSee ' Ya

Thanks! I just booted into GA-EP45-UD3LR

I didn't do a fresh install I just booted into my DS3L using a 10.6 restored to flash-drive with the kakewalk patch. Then I copied the "Extra" folder from the flash-drive over the existing on on my HDD (10.6.4).

Any tips on going to 10.6.5? Or should I just hold tight?

Btw you're so awesome that this low paid college student just donated money to you!

Thanks a bunch!

hello all,

i do need a little help.

With my old install i did the 10.6.5 update and distroied my system.

Since i had to start with a clean install i gave this method a shot.

So i was able to install 10.6 on a clean formatted disk.. so far so good.

When i finished the install i was not able to reboot into the harddrive only by using the thumb drive.

I guess i missied some point along the way. Should't i have to install a bootloader an my new installed disk?

I gues right now i do have..as we say in germany "ein Brett vorm Kopf"

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

And one more as soon i get the 10.6.0 installed can i directly upgrate to 10.6.5 without going through the updates step by step ?