DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

0x001F0002 is IDE1. Thanks anyway!

I don't understand why does he have SATA (same mobo).

That's because we rename devices, to match the Apple DSDT. Not to mention that SATA is the most logical name to use.

Note: Certain devices cannot be change because Apple (OS X) expects specific device names!

Sure thing. Get some rest. Enjoy your weekend.

Any other people willing to give the proposed changes a try?

Question regarding MacPro4,1 DSDT.

Do you guys still use smbios.plist to designate your mac model? I still use it for MacPro3,1. So what I'm getting at is what kind of fundamental changes do you think I'd need to do to get the MacPro4,1 DSDT going on my gigabyte board?

Previously I haven't been able to get MacPro4,1 to work for me.

Question regarding MacPro4,1 DSDT.

Do you guys still use smbios.plist to designate your mac model? I still use it for MacPro3,1. So what I'm getting at is what kind of fundamental changes do you think I'd need to do to get the MacPro4,1 DSDT going on my gigabyte board?

Previously I haven't been able to get MacPro4,1 to work for me.

Set MacPro4,1 in smbios.plist and if you dont have i7 CPU you'll have to remove/disable AppleTYMCEDriver.kext.

D.

Sure thing. Get some rest. Enjoy your weekend.

Any other people willing to give the proposed changes a try?

I finally got my rig to launch with MacPro4,1 smbios but with my own dsdt. Then I started playing with the MacPro4,1 dsdt. No way the thing would boot just as is. I patched the bare essentials only trying to match up the device addresses and such. I was having a lot of trouble with what I think was USB/EHCI issues.

Here it is.

dsdt_mp41.dsl.zip

I'll try and post the contents of the console when I get more time.

Proposed shutdown fix:

Add the following code snippet below Method _WAK:

OperationRegion (PM1C, SystemIO, 0x0804, 0x04)
Field (PM1C, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
		,  10,
	SLPT,   3,
	SLPE,   1 
}

Then change Method _PTS like this:

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized) // Prepare To Sleep.
   {
       If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
       {
           Store (0x07, SLPT)
           Store (One, SLPE)
       }
       Else 
       {
          ... everything else you have now here
       }
   }

Let me know if this works for GB boards just as well as for Asus boards.... first a blue screen and then tack.

Happy Hacking!

I hope you didn't use 0x500 because it should have been 0x804 (I copied the wrong address).

Yes, I used 0x500. Now changed to 0x804 and will try again. :)

EDIT: First time successful, second time shutdown by fans and lights still on.

Have to go to bed now so I will carry on in the morning.

Yes, I used 0x500. Now changed to 0x804 and will try again. :)

EDIT: First time successful, second time shutdown by fans and lights still on.

Have to go to bed now so I will carry on in the morning.

Me ducks – I also forgot to change the index which was 10 instead of 9. Code fixed now. And I got sleep working as well by using this:

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
	{
		Store (0x05, SLPT)
		Store (One, SLPE)
	}
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	{
		Store (0x07, SLPT)
		Store (One, SLPE)
	}
	Else 
	{...

Time to do some cleanups here.

Me ducks – I also forgot to change the index which was 10 instead of 9. Code fixed now. And I got sleep working as well by using this:
		If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
	{
		Store (0x05, SLPT)
		Store (One, SLPE)
	}
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	{
		Store (0x07, SLPT)
		Store (One, SLPE)
	}
	Else 
	{...

no still don't work for me,

note that shutdown don't work (w/o OHR or equivalent) only since 10.6.2,

and since the king (ps: your account have been re-enabled, just hope you will be reasonable this time) noticed that it work with a non patched dsdt on every version of osx, i think i will check all dsdt tricks from the start for my GB mobo, because i also think that we have missed something

Master Chief

Great that you want to help with GA shutdown/sleep.

Q: the 0x0804 Adress i need ? Or , because all my Adresses of CPU _PR have 0x04zz , like 0410, 414,415...) use insted 0404 ? GA-EP35-DS3.

What excat do that Region (is it sometimes called as an function by others?)

I ask because my orig. DSDT didnt have: SLPT, SLPE, PM1C . (search in the .dsl)

OperationRegion ([b]PM1C[/b], SystemIO, 0x0[b]804[/b], 0x04)
   Field (PM1C, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
   {
           ,   9,
       SLPT,   3,
       SLPE,   1 
   }

I also see that the order in my dsdt is:

Scope

Method _PTS

Method _WAK

Is that OK? 1. PTS 2. WAK

Where to put the OperationRegion (PM1C... , - you wrote below _WAK

so

Scope

Method _PTS

Method _WAK

OperationRegion (PM1C

would be OK ?

I ask because i dont really know about order - somtimes i think is doesnt matter, sometimes it matters.

Thanks for help + clearing some nob questions.

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
	{
		Store (0x05, SLPT)
		Store (One, SLPE)
	}
	If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
	{
		Store (0x07, SLPT)
		Store (One, SLPE)
	}
	Else 
	{...

Unfortunately, still no joy. As before, shutdown is successful the first time using it, but the second shutdown leaves fans and lights still on..

Unfortunately, still no joy. As before, shutdown is successful the first time using it, but the second shutdown leaves fans and lights still on..

It was getting late yesterday, and I was getting pretty tired and thus I started to make silly errors, forcing me to take a little time off, but now after 3 1/2 hours of sleep – I usually sleep 4 hours max – now I am fine again. And like I said, see the P5K PRO Snow Leopard thread for additional info.

It was getting late yesterday, and I was getting pretty tired and thus I started to make silly errors, forcing me to take a little time off, but now after 3 1/2 hours of sleep – I usually sleep 4 hours max – now I am fine again. And like I said, see the P5K PRO Snow Leopard thread for additional info.

Not to worry, you spotted the errors quickly enough :blink:

I will have a look at he P5K Pro thread - keep up the good work.

@Master Chief I've booted with original Apple DSDT(just my _PRT stuff and RTC to avoid CMOS reset) for test.

What can I say shutdown works every time! Not even a single failure...we miss something...

Does the same on all my hardware, only restart dosen't work.

On desktop I used MacPro4,1 DSDT.

On lappie I used MacBookPro4,1 DSDT

On Atom I used MacMini1,1 DSDT, on this one even sleep/wake works LOL

No idea yet what is missing...

King, what are you doing specifically to get the MacPro4,1 DSDT to run on your machines? I'm unable to get it to work on mine.

King, what are you doing specifically to get the MacPro4,1 DSDT to run on your machines? I'm unable to get it to work on mine.

Scope (_PR)

_PRT stuff, very important!

And my Devices if they dosen't fit with original.

That's all.

Warning! For anyone who want to try this kind of stuff, do not do this if you don't know what are you doing...

P.S. The board has to be on the same class, e.g Nehalem for MacPro4,1 and so on...

The King, I don't suppose you have an aluminum keyboard to test if you can wake from it with the Mac dsdts? If not perhaps I'll try a MacPro3,1 at some point when I get home.

i believe no one (GB board) has waken their machine up using apple's aluminum keyboard slim or extended, that's still a mystery since asus users can wake theirs fine..

still waiting for (a/any) fix. :-)

i believe no one (GB board) has waken their machine up using apple's aluminum keyboard slim or extended, that's still a mystery since asus users can wake theirs fine..

still waiting for (a/any) fix. :-)

Hmm just tested with my spare machine and apparently not, it works with the older Apple keyboard but not the new the mouse won't wake it either as it does with the older.

Hmm just tested with my spare machine and apparently not, it works with the older Apple keyboard but not the new the mouse won't wake it either as it does with the older.

how many did confirm, 3-5 aluminum KB users? still waiting for other GB users though, but YES it's the same as mine.. i can wake my system fine using my Apple white keyboard (like this) and regular PC keyboard, i have no problems waking my system too from mouse except when it's plug on the USB hub of the aluminum kb..

hope someone can magically think of a fix to try :-)

EDIT:

this is as close as we get? here's a workaround fix posted by wwbsox over at infinitemac..

I'm able to wake my system using Apple Pro Keyboard with no problems.

Reacts to mouse's movement as well as mouse clicking. Sleep from power button and resume after power failure are enabled in syspef.

GA-P35-DS3L + E2160

what's an Apple Pro keyboard? is it the older keyboard that comes with black keys packaged with the G3/G4 macs? i own a keyboard like this (pic) but dont know if it's a "Pro" :-)

anyways if yes then, only the aluminum's are the problem since it's mounting on USB high-speed instead on the regular USB Bus.

what's an Apple Pro keyboard? is it the older keyboard that comes with black keys packaged with the G3/G4 macs? i own a keyboard like this (pic) but dont know if it's a "Pro" :-)

anyways if yes then, only the aluminum's are the problem since it's mounting on USB high-speed instead on the regular USB Bus.

The one in your picture is what I have and as you know it works, the aluminum is not.