Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Okay, everything works. I found out that my monitor has horrible support, therefore requiring some software to get the resolutions to be correct (switchresx4. The temps were fixed by turning c-state back on. They idle at 50 now instead of 65, which is nice.

I just wish I had a permanent fix for the resolution without that trial period.

So, I think the installation is complete. I think this is gonna be pretty cool.

on a separate note, anyone having the finder 10810 error? I seem to have it randomly. apparently it afflicts real macs too and I've tried evrything. it occurs randomly, back to normal on reboot. the problem is finder can't be relaunched. I've rebuilt launch services but no luck.

Excuse i-m a newbie and this is my first post....

1) I can use this Guide also if I have a newer bios?

2) Can i use this pathed .aml also nif i have cpu i7 930 or i need a different different files?

Thanks in advance

Excuse i-m a newbie and this is my first post....

1) I can use this Guide also if I have a newer bios?

2) Can i use this pathed .aml also nif i have cpu i7 930 or i need a different different files?

Thanks in advance

1) I have update to the latest bios 0804 and everything seems ok so i think you are fine with that. Just be careful with bios settings. For example ide mode does not work for me at all. I can't boot osx in IDE mode. Only ahci.

2) i7 930 has the same architecture and socket with 920, the difference is that your's is faster. If you use latest bchemist's dsdt and extra files, your cpu is going to be recognized as intel xeon ;)

Good luck.

Sorry for my english but other few question...

1) I've3 no ide stuff all is sata....so everithing should be ok isn't it?

2) Last bios is 805 (not 804) so i can procede to uprade bios?

3)I'haven't understand for cpu.....for i7 930 i have to use the .dsdt from the first page of this topic or i have to search for " latest bchemist's dsdt"?

4)In the bios for the first install i must have audio hd enabled or disabled?

5) in many guide on internet it suggest to do installation with only 2 gb of ram installed....is true or i can install with all 6 gb installed?

Thanx in advance

Sorry for my english but other few question...

1) I've3 no ide stuff all is sata....so everithing should be ok isn't it?

2) Last bios is 805 (not 804) so i can procede to uprade bios?

3)I'haven't understand for cpu.....for i7 930 i have to use the .dsdt from the first page of this topic or i have to search for " latest bchemist's dsdt"?

4)In the bios for the first install i must have audio hd enabled or disabled?

5) in many guide on internet it suggest to do installation with only 2 gb of ram installed....is true or i can install with all 6 gb installed?

Thanx in advance

1) no problem with that

2) That was my mistake. I have 805 too.

3) No problem with your cpu. Follow the guide step by step. Use the dsdt included in the guide. After installing and updating to 10.6.2 , you can change your dsdt. This is bchemist's latest

4) Enabled

5) I installed using 6gb of ram and had no problems.

Hello people,

I am having Asus P6t SE mother board and Intel i7 920 CPU with 3GB of Kingston RAM memory.

My graphics card is ATI X1900XT but I do not beleive that is the problem.

Anyway i tried to instal Snow leopard and when I use downloads from the first page everything just blocks and I can't seem to understand what is the problem.I ran the instaler with -v and everytime i try to install it ends with this line:

ACPI_SMC_PLATFORMPlugin :: start-waitforservice(resourcematching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

com_chuco_RealtekR1000:Ethernetaddress 00:26:18:5a:91:2c

Then everything stops.I waited for 1 hour and noting happened.I also tried with Conti's myHack installer,and managed to install OS but same thing(and same line) happens when I try to boot the system.I do't know what is wrong,I even tried to disable ethernet adapter from BIOS,but it's no use,it stucks again.

I don't know is it important to note that I used externall HDD (Transcend StoreJet 250 GB),and when I try to enable AHCI everything stops at the begining,even Windows can't boot then(so I bought Transcend :unsure: ).

If I forgot something please forgive me,this is very frustrating,even more because I have vmware of 10.6.2 that works.

Please help me

Thanks

Hello people,

I am having Asus P6t SE mother board and Intel i7 920 CPU with 3GB of Kingston RAM memory.

My graphics card is ATI X1900XT but I do not beleive that is the problem.

Anyway i tried to instal Snow leopard and when I use downloads from the first page everything just blocks and I can't seem to understand what is the problem.I ran the instaler with -v and everytime i try to install it ends with this line:

ACPI_SMC_PLATFORMPlugin :: start-waitforservice(resourcematching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

com_chuco_RealtekR1000:Ethernetaddress 00:26:18:5a:91:2c

Then everything stops.I waited for 1 hour and noting happened.I also tried with Conti's myHack installer,and managed to install OS but same thing(and same line) happens when I try to boot the system.I do't know what is wrong,I even tried to disable ethernet adapter from BIOS,but it's no use,it stucks again.

I don't know is it important to note that I used externall HDD (Transcend StoreJet 250 GB),and when I try to enable AHCI everything stops at the begining,even Windows can't boot then(so I bought Transcend :( ).

If I forgot something please forgive me,this is very frustrating,even more because I have vmware of 10.6.2 that works.

Please help me

Thanks

Try with flags -v -f and try to reinstal the bootloader. dsdt is right? Use Bchemist dsdt (you find it on page 2) or plug in S/L/E NullCpuPowerManagement.kext. the kexts in Extra are ok? use this, if you us 10.6.2, and change the UUID. and remove all HD not necessary. I have some problems with them.

That's all for me

Extra.zip

Ytrox,I have tried with -v flag,and I will try with -f also.Since I am new I do not know how to use dsdt's.I found folders with kexts and all that you mention are there as far as I can see.Anyway at the moment I am using Mac OS 10.6.2 in vmware,and that's where I can prepare boot and everything else since I do not have access to real Mac copmuter.What do you mean to remove all HDD's I don't need?If I put them back in IDE they can't be seen by Mac OS (this is during install to be precise,I can't boot into OS since it hangs).I tried to unplug HDD's from motherboard but that didn't work either.

I would be grateful if someone could show me,or give me some links,how to use (install?) dsdt.

I do get the basics how it works and what is what,but I don't know how to use anything except if there is some finished install (like the one in this topic).So,to repeat my self,I think I am either stupid,or too much lazy(there is hope if it's the other thing).

i've followed the steps with no problems so far in creating the bootable restored copy of OS X 10.6 on my flash drive, but when it's inserted (it's given first boot status) into the computer im trying to hackintosh, it won't POST. the BIOS screen freezes before even getting started. i've tried multiple settings, including "optimized" & "failsafe" default settings in the BIOS config.

does anyone know what the cause of this could be? im really hoping to get this done right.

I have this motherboard:

GA-G41M-ES2L

thanks

JUST UPDATED TO 10.6.3 :D:P:):D

1) Did not modified anything. I DO NOT USE nullcpu kext, also i DO NOT use sleepenabler. Just the Bchemist's dsdt with the few kexts.

2) I just clicked the update button...restarted and voila!

3) It is known that after every update, sound does not work because AppleHDA is overwritten , so you need to backup this kext if you use the onboard sound and install it again after the update. I DO NOT use the onboard sound so i can't promise that everything will be ok

4) Everything seems stable...and first impressions...

- LOWER TEMPERATURE by 2 Celsius degrees

- BETTER GEEKBENCH SCORE! It was 9099 just before the update and it's 9550 after. (32bit)

:(

GOOD LUCK!!!

Strange, works fine for me (x64 kernel) even with digital (wyjście cyfrowe):

sound64.jpg

nah bruv no soun and ive just noticed my quartz aint working ???

can boot and im typing from osx but no sound and the graphics dieswhen i have too much things on the system

ive tried backing up from the the old extension kext ut the kitty aint liking it ??

Hey fellas!

Once I reported that my CPU temperature was significantly higher without NullCPUManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext. I deleted those two to be able to update to 10.6.3 (update is downloading right now). Unfortunately I didn't have my automated fan control at that time, but now I can report, that the temperature reported (by iStat Menus) is wrong. It is 12° C higher (= 52° C) than it was with those two mentioned kexts. At 52° C my fans would go RAWR at that temperature, but they don't. The sensors of the fan control, which are mounted the closest possible to the CPU, report the same values they reported when I had those 2 kexts. Using Windows 7 (which is still my main system) I get exactly the same temperatures. 

Hope I could help.

e1ement

btw.: Nothing is overclocked atm, all running at stock speed.

You have to import the right string to com.apple.boot.plist.

Use OSX86 tool http://code.google.com/p/osx86tools/downloads/list

Well, I think there is a problem with my graphic card... (NVidia 7600 GS Pci express)

I tried "OSX86" or "myhackinstaller" or "NVinject":

each time, the same result :

when I reboot, the screen keep blocking before opening the session.

So which graphic card do you think I can buy ?

Regards

e1ement have you enabled all C-States?

are you using the latest dsdt?

No and no.

Never change a running system.  :soldiers:

And as long as it is only a reporting error (which it is) I don't care.

Btw. is there a proper fix for audio in 10.6.3? I don't want to touch the S/L/E, prefer keeping it vanilla.

e1ement

PS: I got around 9500 Points in Geekbench.

With C-State your cpu will get cooler and speed improvements

i dont think you have to change the dsdt

you can try and go back if you want

about the sound i think you have to replace on /S/L/E maybe bchemist has found something new :)

If you use the efi string you have to disable the GraphicsEnabler on com.apple.Boot.plist

Can you tell me how can I do this ?

Thank you

Well, when I boot from hard disk, and type -v :

post-354064-1270113791_thumb.jpg

Someone can help me ?

Regards

Can you tell me how can I do this ?

Thank you

Well, when I boot from hard disk, and type -v :

post-354064-1270113791_thumb.jpg

Someone can help me ?

Regards

the com.apple.boot.plist is located inside your /extra folder. Open it with text edit and locate the graphicsenabler key and delete the "Y" or "yes" word in the string. save it with the exactly same name on your dekstop and then drag it in your extra folder, replacing the old one. Restart and if that was your problem it will be solved.