Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

With C-State your cpu will get cooler and speed improvements

I really doubt that speed will improve. Even with C-States enabled my CPU would run at load at the default value of 2.8 GHz.

i dont think you have to change the dsdt

I use the second or third DSDT posted in this thread. It runs smooth, so I don't think I will change it if there's no proper reason.

about the sound i think you have to replace on /S/L/E maybe bchemist has found something new

Yeah, I know I have to replace it on S/L/E/, but as I said, I want to leave the Snow Leopard partition completely untouched and vanilla, so I'd definitly prefer to go via EFI/Extras/Extensions.

e1ement

I really doubt that speed will improve. Even with C-States enabled my CPU would run at load at the default value of 2.8 GHz.

I use the second or third DSDT posted in this thread. It runs smooth, so I don't think I will change it if there's no proper reason.

Yeah, I know I have to replace it on S/L/E/, but as I said, I want to leave the Snow Leopard partition completely untouched and vanilla, so I'd definitly prefer to go via EFI/Extras/Extensions.

e1ement

With c-states enabled my cpu temp is lower.

And you need to remove the nvinject.kext and boot with -f

Well, I really do not understand !

I succeed what you and andrew told me to do

But...

It works if I boot with my flashdrive (correct resolution) but each time I boot on the hard drive, it doesn't work... (blue screen, working on the hard drive without result) :)

At this time, I would like to know what I must take in the P6TSE Essentials folder except kext ?

Something else ?

I forget something important ?

Many thanks for your help ! :D

Well, I really do not understand !

I succeed what you and andrew told me to do

But...

It works if I boot with my flashdrive (correct resolution) but each time I boot on the hard drive, it doesn't work... (blue screen, working on the hard drive without result) :lol:

At this time, I would like to know what I must take in the P6TSE Essentials folder except kext ?

Something else ?

I forget something important ?

Many thanks for your help ! :D

Ok.Try this. These are Bchemist's latest files and everything you should have. Delete your "boot" file and replace with the new one provided in the zip. Remove your current Extra folder and use this one.

You also need to replace a kext in system/library extensions. Download the file "1kext" and install the kext using kext utility. Repair permissions and restart.

If you used the efistudio string you should remove it. And something else. I had the blue screen problem with my older system. It has the Nvidia8600 with 2 dvi out ports. Unplugging the dvi cable from the one port and plugging it to the other, solved my problem... If you have 2 ports..you could try that too. ;)

Archive.zip

1kext.zip

Ok.Try this. These are Bchemist's latest files and everything you should have. Delete your "boot" file and replace with the new one provided in the zip. Remove your current Extra folder and use this one.

You also need to replace a kext in system/library extensions. Download the file "1kext" and install the kext using kext utility. Repair permissions and restart.

If you used the efistudio string you should remove it. And something else. I had the blue screen problem with my older system. It has the Nvidia8600 with 2 dvi out ports. Unplugging the dvi cable from the one port and plugging it to the other, solved my problem... If you have 2 ports..you could try that too. ;)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Before that, I tried again and again a new install.

Then I noticed that I had nowhere the "Extensions.mkext" file on my HDD... (I don't now why?)

And it was on the flashdrive, on the extra folder...

So I tried to install it on my HDD with Kext Helper and... it works !

With NVinject.kext, now I have the right resolution 1920x1080 :D

So, now, I've to try again to update to 10.6.2 because the last time I tried with tweak41 guide, it doesn't succeed...

I don't know if I should stay in 10.6.0 to be shure it works...

I have to find too how to put the right name of the processor and why the speed bus is 533Mhz ?

Thank you Andrew :)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Before that, I tried again and again a new install.

Then I noticed that I had nowhere the "Extensions.mkext" file on my HDD... (I don't now why?)

And it was on the flashdrive, on the extra folder...

So I tried to install it on my HDD with Kext Helper and... it works !

With NVinject.kext, now I have the right resolution 1920x1080 :)

So, now, I've to try again to update to 10.6.2 because the last time I tried with tweak41 guide, it doesn't succeed...

I don't know if I should stay in 10.6.0 to be shure it works...

I have to find too how to put the right name of the processor and why the speed bus is 533Mhz ?

Thank you Andrew ;)

If you use the right files , everything is going to be ok. Tweak41 's guide works perfect for this mobo and bchemist's files too. If you followed the guide and did what it says, there is no change that you couldn't update to 10.6.2

Right now the latest update is 10.6.3. Read the posts and use the right kexts. Nvinject is not the best method for snow leopard.

If you use the right files , everything is going to be ok. Tweak41 's guide works perfect for this mobo and bchemist's files too. If you followed the guide and did what it says, there is no change that you couldn't update to 10.6.2

Right now the latest update is 10.6.3. Read the posts and use the right kexts. Nvinject is not the best method for snow leopard.

I'm shure you're right, I hope I will find the right way...

But it's not easy for me because my english is not famous and there's no really right topic in french

Sometimes, it's a bit difficult for me to understand ;)

I'm shure you're right, I hope I will find the right way...

But it's not easy for me because my english is not famous and there no really right topic in french

Sometimes, it's a bit difficult for me to understand :unsure:

I wish i could help you more but my French is as good as your Greek hehehe ;)

i am a new user to MAC OS ....i like to install mac 10.6.2 on my pc ....my hardware is

i7 920

asus p6t

msi r5850

3 gb ram

1 TB HDD

can i install mac on this hardware ...if yes ...

plz tell me a very simple way to do it buz ...this guide confuse ...me ....

i dont ...what to add and where to add all file which make mac work ...

thx.

i am a new user to MAC OS ....i like to install mac 10.6.2 on my pc ....my hardware is

i7 920

asus p6t

msi r5850

3 gb ram

1 TB HDD

can i install mac on this hardware ...if yes ...

plz tell me a very simple way to do it buz ...this guide confuse ...me ....

i dont ...what to add and where to add all file which make mac work ...

thx.

Sorry if i disappoint you but this is the simplest way to install 10.6.2. There are "automated" installations like ideneb for 10.5.8. If you want the easy way then ideneb and 10.5.8 is your only choice for this motherboard. If you want 10.6.x then you should start reading :angel:

About This Mac

Still says Intel Quad-Core Xeon for i5/i7 by default. However, you can inject i5/i7 info into About this Mac by inserting SMcputype into smbios.plist.

finaly the code for cpu i7 from http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/

For i5, use 1537. For i7, use 1793

I use AsereBln 1.1.9

if in smbios.plist add CPU type as:

<key>SMcputype</key>
  <string>1793</string>
	  <key>SMbusspeed</key>
  <string>4800</string>

i7.png

i72.jpg

Someone can explain that :

iBench Mac Mini

post-354064-1270235881_thumb.png

iBench Hackintosh

post-354064-1270236875_thumb.png

Why :

Bus Frequency is 533 on the Hackintosh ?

And the final result is not so good compare the mac mini ?

Thanks

Someone can explain that :

iBench Mac Mini

post-354064-1270235881_thumb.png

iBench Hackintosh

post-354064-1270236875_thumb.png

Why :

Bus Frequency is 533 on the Hackintosh ?

And the final result is not so good compare the mac mini ?

Thanks

My hackintosh Benchmark score is 9500. My MacMini benchmark score is 2.700. You need to use the right files...

Also try to use Geekbench. This what we all use for speed scores :wub:

@ caxio Super :) Now cpu is displayed correctly and with Bchemist 's files ram is displayed as it should.

Something else i would like to share with you all. I have a WD velociraptor and i had Osx installed on it (no raid). Ok this disk is fast but THE NOISE IS terrible! Also i found out that plugging a second internal disk, cpu temp goes up by 4-5 celsius!!! So i bought a WD 1tb green, 64mb cache. I removed the velociraptor and installed osx on the green. Now, with all Bchemist latest files... cpu temp is 8 ceslius degrees down!!!!! My cpu temp is about 38 celsius when i run Parallels Desktop !!!! After this i decided to try something else. I plugged the velociraptor again and installed windows 7 64bit on it. Cpu temp about 45c !!! Geekbench score only 7200!!! And finally... the most annoying thing. With velociraptor plugged in this mobo, my core audio usb sound card is not detected after booting in Osx OR windows 7!!! I thought it was a usb problem or something like that. It is not. Something conflicts with the velociraptor. My EMU soundcard is detected as it should with my new WD green disk. Has anyone any reasonable explanation about this???

@Bchemist You are too silent for some days now :D Are you up to something??? :D

i am using Windows almost ...for 20 years and dont know anything about mac ....so i am noob in this so plz help me out ..here ...

things which confused me are that ..

-> why we are using USB ...if we have MAC DVD to Boot From ..

->And the first screen short ...where we are copying files in usb ...which tool is used ..

Well... a new problem !

I have installed windows 7 on a second hdd.

If I boot to seven with ahci, it doesn't work...

and each time I change sata into ide, seven start without any problem...

Any idea ?

10.6.2 Update Guide

Updating to 10.6.2 is very easy and can be done in a few short steps. Please follow them carefully. Failure to do so may require you to reinstall everything.

1) Download the 10.6.2 Update Package.

2) There are a few included files you need to modify before applying the update. They are: com.apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist. Instructions on what to modify are in the Boot.plist.rtf and smbios.plist.rtf files (respectively).

bootc.png

smbios.png

To find your UUID for the boot.plist file and build your mkext cache, use Kext Utility (kills two birds with one stone!). Drag the Extensions folder and drop it on the Kext Utility app:

kextutil.png

Near the top you'll see the information you need to copy and paste into your boot.plist file:

kextutility.png

NOW ASSUMING YOU'VE DONE ALL OF THAT CORRECTLY...

• Click the Apple menu in the upper left hand corner and choose Software Update...
  • Show Details when it tells you updates are available.
  • Uncheck everything but the 10.6.2 update.
  • Click Install.

• When it's ready to install it will inform you that you need to restart the computer. DO NOT RESTART YET
  • Replace your existing boot files with the ones from the 10.6.2 Update Package. This is what your new boot device/drive should have:

• /boot

• /Extra/dsdt.aml

• /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

• /Extra/smbios.plist

• /Extra/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

• /Extra/Extensions/EvOreboot.kext

• /Extra/Extensions/fakesmc.kext

• /Extra/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext

• /Extra/Extensions/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

• /Extra/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext (optional)

• /Extra/Extensions.mkext

[*] Once you've replaced the original files with these new ones, you can restart and let the 10.6.2 Update finish. Your computer should reboot running 10.6.2

Credits

This guide was my starting point. The files in the attachment have been customized from those originally in his post for a P6T SE specific install. Link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183751

Other useful forum links:

http://lb.redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&am...Fview%3Ddetails

Credits for the ICH10R support: http://digitaldj.net/2009/09/03/ich10r-in-...d-snow-leopard/

Thanks for your work !

But I have really a problem...

I do exactly what you said, two times but when I reboot, it doesn't work... :unsure:

post-354064-1270310738_thumb.jpg

I'm still a little awe-struck that a legendary member like JaS posted in this thread. Heh

Also, once I'm done with school for the semester I'll probably rewrite the guide to eliminate the junk that isn't used anymore and to make it a little easier to follow. I thought it was pretty easy to begin with but if people are having problems then maybe something in my guide isn't clear enough.

Well... a new problem !

I have installed windows 7 on a second hdd.

If I boot to seven with ahci, it doesn't work...

and each time I change sata into ide, seven start without any problem...

Any idea ?

If you installed windows 7 in IDE mode, ahci does not work. You need to install ahci drivers!

- Set BIOS back to IDE

- Start Windows

- Run Registry Editor (Click on Start > Run, type Regedit and press OK )

- Go to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci

- Change the "Start" value to 0

- Reboot and go to BIOS immediately

- Set BIOS to AHCI

The next time you load Windows, it will auto-detect the AHCI.

About the 10.6.2 or 3 update, the problem is that you do not use the right files:( Do you have an ichat account? If you have one, pm me and i will add you (tomorrow) and try to help you with screensharing.

If you installed windows 7 in IDE mode, ahci does not work. You need to install ahci drivers!

- Set BIOS back to IDE

- Start Windows

- Run Registry Editor (Click on Start > Run, type Regedit and press OK )

- Go to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci

- Change the "Start" value to 0

- Reboot and go to BIOS immediately

- Set BIOS to AHCI

The next time you load Windows, it will auto-detect the AHCI.

About the 10.6.2 or 3 update, the problem is that you do not use the right files:( Do you have an ichat account? If you have one, pm me and i will add you (tomorrow) and try to help you with screensharing.

bro just a quick question has your hard drive turned orange ...and slwo did your qe/cl work out the box as mine has gine awol and the drives are detected as external......thanks

Been trying all day to install SL on my new P6T (normal), Core i7. I can get past the boot loader and into the installer portion but it hangs at "Installing Mac OS X on the disk". I've partioned the drives as Journaled (GUID) but it just seems to hang there. Any ideas?