Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

i do not install any chemist kest...the only kekxt i used are the one in p6t essential.....

so....can i use ifabio or i have to modify something?

You are good to go :( Just change the dsdt

Of course you need it.This kext is included in the guide. You have to do follow the guide posted by tweak41.

Sorry my question was not so clear....i mean... i follow the guide.....but my problem is at the last point...."upgrading to 10.6.2"

The problem is that:

when i follow the guide....10.6.2 upgrade from the updater was not available....so i downloaded 10.6.3 (just downloaded) then i copied all the files found in 10.6.2. combo update (from the guide) and then reboot and install......is that correct?

I mean: after install 10.6.3. i have to copy again fakesmc and audihda file or not?

Sorry my question was not so clear....i mean... i follow the guide.....but my problem is at the last point...."upgrading to 10.6.2"

The problem is that:

when i follow the guide....10.6.2 upgrade from the updater was not available....so i downloaded 10.6.3 (just downloaded) then i copied all the files found in 10.6.2. combo update (from the guide) and then reboot and install......is that correct?

I mean: after install 10.6.3. i have to copy again fakesmc and audihda file or not?

I am not sure i understand what you say but...if you have fakesmc kext, leave it there. If you don't have it, put it in extra/extensions folder and rebuild extensions.mkext

ok i think u undestand....because i have got those tu files...so not nededn to do nothing else...

but after installing 10.6.3 have i to copy again audio hda file in the extension dir or not?

next step is copy ifabio dsdt isn't it?

ok i think u undestand....because i have got those tu files...so not nededn to do nothing else...

but after installing 10.6.3 have i to copy again audio hda file in the extension dir or not?

next step is copy ifabio dsdt isn't it?

yes and yes :)

i' hope this will be the last 2 question....

the file aml from ifabio is in capital letter.....(DSDT.aml)

the one i have in my "extra" dir is in small letter....have i to chance capital letter in small letter?

second question: why in my extension dir i have some files with tne name of the file on a green background...other in grey background....and other in normal white background? (hope i've been clear)

the one i have in my "extra" dir is in small letter....have i to chance capital letter in small letter?

second question: why in my extension dir i have some files with tne name of the file on a green background...other in grey background....and other in normal white background? (hope i've been clear)

1) It doesn't matter. You can use DSDT.aml or dsdt.aml it is the same.

2) The color is just cosmetic. You can right click on every file in OSX and choose the "lebel" option. Then choose a color. Try it your self and you will understand this function. :thumbsup_anim:

1) It doesn't matter. You can use DSDT.aml or dsdt.aml it is the same.

2) The color is just cosmetic. You can right click on every file in OSX and choose the "lebel" option. Then choose a color. Try it your self and you will understand this function. :thumbsup_anim:

ok perfect...i thought that green was ok and red not working....

you have been precuiosus...

Last 2 questions....

1)To make audio work I have to copy from "asus p6t se essentials" only AppleHda.kext or also HdaEnabler.kext

2)please can i make to question on the grafic card with private message?

I really don't have any experience with other graphic cards, other than the Nvidia9800. If you have an Nvidia 9xxx it should work fine with chameleon graphics enabler. If you used the guide's files, graphics enabler string should be there (in extra/com.apple.boot.plist)

I really don't have any experience with other graphic cards, other than the Nvidia9800. If you have an Nvidia 9xxx it should work fine with chameleon graphics enabler. If you used the guide's files, graphics enabler string should be there (in extra/com.apple.boot.plist)

ok and for the first question?

1)To make audio work I have to copy from "asus p6t se essentials" only AppleHda.kext or also HdaEnabler.kext

and then the other question is

I copied ifabio dsdt....i rebooted...but if i go to system profiler i see "model identificator:MacPro4,1" is that write????

serching with google it says that Mac4,1 is for xeon not for i7.....what do u think about that?

ok and for the first question?

and then the other question is

I copied ifabio dsdt....i rebooted...but if i go to system profiler i see "model identificator:MacPro4,1" is that write????

serching with google it says that Mac4,1 is for xeon not for i7.....what do u think about that?

Delete any other AppleHDA kext or HDEnabler kext you have in extra/extensions (rebuild extensions mkext) Then look in sytem/library/extensions and delete them from there too (if you have any of them). Now download this

and install it with kext utility (it will install it in system/library/extensions).

About the other question it is written many times in this thread. You should check older posts. Your hackintosh must be recognized as a mac pro. If not speedstep may not work. So you should be happy with this. :rolleyes:

Delete any other AppleHDA kext or HDEnabler kext you have in extra/extensions (rebuild extensions mkext) Then look in sytem/library/extensions and delete them from there too (if you have any of them)

it means that i have to delete also extension.mkext? what u mean with "(rebuild extensions mkext)"

About the other question it is written many times in this thread. You should check older posts. Your hackintosh must be recognized as a mac pro. If not speedstep may not work. So you should be happy with this

yes i read it...but mine is macpro4.1....and if i look in the profile of a "real mac" is with i7 is like macpro10,1

is that correct?

Updated: maybe i understand what u mean for the first point: after delete files in extra/extension i have to run utily kext to repair is that correct (just run without drag and dropping)?

I am using iFabio 's dsdt in 64bit mode right now. Speedstep works, sleep works... everything seems stable. All of you who had problems with firewire should try this dsdt and post if it is solved. I do not have firewire devices so i can't post if it works...

If you had no problems with Bchemist 's last dsdt, you should keep using it. He did a great job removing unnecessary code etc.

No go on the firewire.

iFabio--do you use firewire? Is it hotswappable on the machine you're using with this DSDT?

No go on the firewire.

iFabio--do you use firewire? Is it hotswappable on the machine you're using with this DSDT?

No Firewire to test...

With the previus DSDT your firewire works?

Put your machine in sleep swich on your firewire device and wake the system

or directly start the system with your device already swiched on.

Fabio

Dear Ifabio and Tweak41

i've no firewire.....my problem is speedstep.....it dowsn't work with ifabio dsdt.....i used directly the ifabio dsdt after installation.....because it's more easy...(only overwrite the old one without any other file to replace or sobstitute).....i don't know if bechmin works for me...

can u please help me to let speedstep work?

Thanku very much

My firewire has never worked properly. The only way I can get it to work is if I put the machine to sleep, plug in the hard drive, and then wake it up. If I plug it in before booting, the drive freezes the system and it won't log in to OS X until I unplug the drive. It's rather bizarre.

To all the wise men on this thread,

Sorry if this seems a repeated question to many of you. Does the manufacturer of graphics card matters when building a Hackintosh?

i.e. If I buy a Gigabyte HD 4870 1GB instead of a Sapphire HD4870 1GB, will it work with my P6T SE?

Cheers,

lfcfanatic

To all the wise men on this thread,

Sorry if this seems a repeated question to many of you. Does the manufacturer of graphics card matters when building a Hackintosh?

i.e. If I buy a Gigabyte HD 4870 1GB instead of a Sapphire HD4870 1GB, will it work with my P6T SE?

Cheers,

lfcfanatic

yes look for the os86 wiki for compatability asnd requitred hacks/kext (kext are like drivers )

Hi LuckyMac,

Just wanna check out if HDMI works on you Asus GTS250? Also, which version of Snow Leopard are you currently using? You did a vanilla install with the configuration with no problems? Are you running on 32bit or 64bit?

BTW, ram and cpu is never much of a problem when building a Hackintosh is it?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

lfcfanatic