Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Tweak41

my firewire is working fine...

The only problem happens when i plug my hd and my isight at the same time

i dont need to plug them while on sleep

btw i plug them on my cinema display

i use bchemist latest dsdt (i think im not sure)

moded fakesmc.kext (from bchemist)

ioahci... (fix for orange hd icons)

applehda.kext

aserebln

and my bios is the latest one too (i think 0808)

Hello,

Being new to the Mac world, I do not yet own any mac hardware.

I currently have a desktop with the following specs:

ASUS P6T-SE

Intel i7 920

OCZ 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz

1TB 64MB SATA II WD

GeForce GT8600

So far I've used TransMac to make my flashdrive bootable with the retail Snow Leopard (10A432).

Can anyone please guide or instruct where to look for the rest of the proceedures to follow.

Hello,

Being new to the Mac world, I do not yet own any mac hardware.

I currently have a desktop with the following specs:

ASUS P6T-SE

Intel i7 920

OCZ 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz

1TB 64MB SATA II WD

GeForce GT8600

So far I've used TransMac to make my flashdrive bootable with the retail Snow Leopard (10A432).

Can anyone please guide or instruct where to look for the rest of the proceedures to follow.

hi welcome abord the good ship ss asus mac pro

mother board = good as its based for this thread

chip = good as its cheap as chips and easy to over clock ( i have a 920 at 3.2 could push to 4 ghz but would rather water cool it)

ddr3= aint a issue for this more is better if you want to encode play a game and have a virtual window open whilst talking on skype lol

hard drive = once again aint a issue a solid state would be faster but thats personal preference

gpu= best to look at os wiki http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

guide

follow start of thread and do exactly as he says

should be done in about 3 hours less depening on hard drive read/write speed and cd read speed

best to check the posts and then ask questions also if your lucky and ask really nice tweak41 may update the guide for ya :wallbash::D

any questions just ask

lfcfanatic

I I use retail 10.6.0 upgraded to 10.6.3. For The Asus 250 1gb i didn't check the hdmi because i've a old monitor.....but acceleration works......this grafic card is very easy to install..... for cpu and ram no problem but i suggest to bui an intel cpu,,,,

Wolverine

can u help me?i suppose speedstep doesn'work because in "about my macv the cpu is not recognized....it says cpu 2.84 unknow......can u help me to show "i7" at place of unknown? i checked many guides and everithing seems to be ok...but cpu in not recognized....

2.84 unknow......can u help me to show "i7" at place of unknown? i checked many guides and everithing seems to be ok...but cpu in not recognized....

LukyMac.

Italian

Lo SpeedStep non ha nulla a che vedere con il processore non riconosciuto.

Quella che cerchi tu e' una modifica estetica e nulla di piu'

Leggi bene questo post in questo stesso topic

--> About This Mac Still says Intel Quad-Core Xeon

Eng:

The SS work

You need a cosmetics change for the CPU

Fabio

hi welcome abord the good ship ss asus mac pro

mother board = good as its based for this thread

chip = good as its cheap as chips and easy to over clock ( i have a 920 at 3.2 could push to 4 ghz but would rather water cool it)

ddr3= aint a issue for this more is better if you want to encode play a game and have a virtual window open whilst talking on skype lol

hard drive = once again aint a issue a solid state would be faster but thats personal preference

gpu= best to look at os wiki http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

guide

follow start of thread and do exactly as he says

should be done in about 3 hours less depening on hard drive read/write speed and cd read speed

best to check the posts and then ask questions also if your lucky and ask really nice tweak41 may update the guide for ya ;):D

any questions just ask

As i mentioned before, i do not own any Mac hardware yet.

"A functioning OS X environment" is a requirement in the guide. Is there anyway i can do this all from Windows. So far i used TransMac to load the leopard OS on the thumbdrive...

Thanks akhenamenra

As i mentioned before, i do not own any Mac hardware yet.

"A functioning OS X environment" is a requirement in the guide. Is there anyway i can do this all from Windows. So far i used TransMac to load the leopard OS on the thumbdrive...

Thanks akhenamenra

oh sorry listen u dont need a mac some where back there i said you can use a boot 132 disk and a old copy of leopard ( ask a mate or aquire it with errm ;) )

then mail me and i will walk you through it

its very easy initially you have to boot one core but once your in and you have made the disk your good to go ( as long as your using the asus p6tse sorry for the misunderstanding selective reading and selective deafness syndrome kicking in .......

give me your email and ill mail you the disk( boot for p6tse) as im not too clued up with share sites

scrap that its not that hard here you go http://www.4shared.com/file/rvNztj4q/boot132.html

burn it to disk slow setting (cd)

once you have these in place we can dedicate a evening if you have skype or u can follow this guide

just to get into osx

i know its a differnt chip but the method works

i did the same thing ( booted int leopard on one core made the usb switched to all cores then updated to 10.2/3/back to 2 as 3 was playing with my graphics card lol)

if you have the mac on the thumb drive already then boot and keep pressing f8 coose the thumb and you should be able to boot into osx from there !!

LukyMac.

Italian

Eng:

The SS work

Fabio

i have the same problem and i cant change the "unknown" banner either

Tweak41

my firewire is working fine...

The only problem happens when i plug my hd and my isight at the same time

i dont need to plug them while on sleep

btw i plug them on my cinema display

i use bchemist latest dsdt (i think im not sure)

moded fakesmc.kext (from bchemist)

ioahci... (fix for orange hd icons)

applehda.kext

aserebln

and my bios is the latest one too (i think 0808)

I had the exact same setup before trying iFabio's DSDT. Even when it works, it doesn't work for long and the computer will randomly eject it and give me an error telling me I unplugged the drive without properly ejecting it. :/

Maybe a fresh install would solve it, I don't know.

I forgot to tell you

i posted a link ( 1 or 2 pages back) about how to configure your bios

take a look there and i have also disabled the express gate (i think thats the name) on the power tab

im not at home, im traveling and will be back on monday so i cant tell you for sure what i have enabled/disabled

LukyMac.

Italian

Eng:

The SS work

Fabio

ok e' estetico ma come posso risolvere?

avevo gia modificato il smbios.plist il mio si presenta cosi'

<key>SMcputype</key>

<string>1793</string>

<key>SMbusspeed</key>

<string>4800</string>

Ma mi da' sempre sconosciuto....devo dire che su quel link che avevo gia' letto....dice che usa aserebin....io non l'ho usato puo' essere quello o non centrra nulla?

English

i used that guide..but nothing changed.....in that guide it say that he uses aserebin...i don't use aserebin.....it can be for that reson that my cpu is still unknown?

ok e' estetico ma come posso risolvere?

avevo gia modificato il smbios.plist il mio si presenta cosi'

SMcputype

SMbusspeed

Ma mi da' sempre sconosciuto....devo dire che su quel link che avevo gia' letto....dice che usa aserebin....io non l'ho usato puo' essere quello o non centrra nulla?

English

i used that guide..but nothing changed.....in that guide it say that he uses aserebin...i don't use aserebin.....it can be for that reson that my cpu is still unknown?

Italiano:

Per poter visualizzare i7 in snow devi aver aggiornato alla 10.6.3

altrimenti nisba

Fabio

Eng:

For show i7 in system profiler (cosmetics)

You need upgrade to 10.6.3 for snow Leopard or you CPU is showed as unknow

Fabio

Italiano:

Per poter visualizzare i7 in snow devi aver aggiornato alla 10.6.3

altrimenti nisba

Fabio

Eng:

For show i7 in system profiler (cosmetics)

You need upgrade to 10.6.3 for snow Leopard or you CPU is showed as unknow

Fabio

e' gia' aggiornato a 10.6.3

la stringa in smbios.plist e' come l'ho scritta sopra...l'unica cosa che non ho fatto e' installare aserebln....devo èper forza installarlo?

english

it's upgraded to 10.6.3

but nothing changes...the only difference is that i've no asereblsn....

e' gia' aggiornato a 10.6.3

la stringa in smbios.plist e' come l'ho scritta sopra...l'unica cosa che non ho fatto e' installare aserebln....devo èper forza installarlo?

english

it's upgraded to 10.6.3

but nothing changes...the only difference is that i've no asereblsn....

e sii...

o aggiorni il bootloader (chameleon 2 RC5 pre8) oppure (AsereBNL1.1.9)

Yes you need upgrade your bootloader.

Fabio

e sii...

o aggiorni il bootloader (chameleon 2 RC5 pre8) oppure (AsereBNL1.1.9)

Yes you need upgrade your bootloader.

Fabio

ok perfetto mi spieghi come si fa? sto cercando su internet una guida ma non ci capisco proprio nulla...

English...

please can u help me to install it....im looking for a guide but i can't find an easy one

updated: ok found here

CHAMELEON2 RC4 (e derivate: RC5pre8, Asere 1.1.8, AnV, PC_EFI 10.6, Prasys-EFI 10.6), aggiornato 02/02/2010 + Lizard + Pannello Preferenze in ITALIANO!

i used the installer.....it says tha installation is succesfull

Cpu now decreased from 2.84 to 2.81...now there is core i7

...but when i reboot now i haven't the grafic splash......i have a verbose page.....where it says that i have to press enter to boot ...and then other oprion.....is there a way to return in grafic mode?...thx

Go to /Extra and open com.apple.boot.plist

on kernel flags remove the -v entry

i think theres a line called quietboot change to yes

no i haven't my com.apple.boot.plist is hust 3 linnes of code...no kernel flags...and not quietboot

Hi people.

Last week I buy a P6T SE for my wife.

I build my second Hack...

I port my DSDT for this mobo too

DSDT M2.6 (full optimized code)

May, 2 2010

ONLY FOR: P6T SE

i7 965 --> HERE <--

i7 950 --> HERE <--

i7 940 --> HERE <--

i7 930 --> HERE <--

i7 920 --> HERE <--

enjoy

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Will you do everyone on this thread a big favour by creating a boot 132 disk for P6T SE like how you created for the Deluxe Boards?

Many people will be grateful to you for sure!

Cheers,

lfcfanatic

Hi Fabio,

Will you do everyone on this thread a big favour by creating a boot 132 disk for P6T SE like how you created for the Deluxe Boards?

Many people will be grateful to you for sure!

Cheers,

lfcfanatic

I'm not the author of the bootCD from P6T Deluxe (dgobe from P6T Deluxe trend cover this hard part) what I do is find optimization for (both) the sistem...

but maybe I can ask him :)... so I need to know...

Exactly what .kext and patch the P6T Se need..

My suggest are (you are free to continue using last or your previus.. this is only a suggestion..)

- FakeSMC 2.5 modded by Andy (info key modded by smith@@) the DSDT I propose here M2.6 are FakeSMC 2.5 mod capable :Dput it in Extra/Extensions

- AppleHDA 10.6.3 binpached w/o sound assertion at verbose and kernel.log (ALC1200) credits by smith@@ overwrite in System/Library/extensions

- TotallyFix.kext by smith@@ a set of legacy patch on the fly for different device like HDA put it in Extra/Extensions

rebuild your caches...

At moment I'm very busy and I have to cover problem in my real life... after this I finish my beta 3.3 for the deluxe and if there are not many problem I make a port of this ;) the boot is very fast ;)

Fabio

I'm not the author of the bootCD from P6T Deluxe (dgobe from P6T Deluxe trend cover this hard part) what I do is find optimization for (both) the sistem...

but maybe I can ask him :(... so I need to know...

My suggest are (you are free to continue using last or your previus.. this is only a suggestion..)

- FakeSMC 2.5 modded by Andy (info key modded by smith@@) the DSDT I propose here M2.6 are FakeSMC 2.5 mod capable ;)put it in Extra/Extensions

- AppleHDA 10.6.3 binpached w/o sound assertion at verbose and kernel.log (ALC1200) credits by smith@@ overwrite in System/Library/extensions

- TotallyFix.kext by smith@@ a set of legacy patch on the fly for different device like HDA put it in Extra/Extensions

rebuild your caches...

At moment I'm very busy and I have to cover problem in my real life... after this I finish my beta 3.3 for the deluxe and if there are not many problem I make a port of this ;) the boot is very fast ;)

Fabio

i posted a boot132 disk for the p6tse you need to boot in on one core tho before you can do anything

http://www.4shared.com/file/rvNztj4q/boot132.html

Pensavo fosse tutto ok...e invece no......

ho aggiornato camaleon all'ultima versione ...dopo l'avvio, ho provato ad avviare mettendo -v......e nel log mi da degli errori......e' velocissimo.....quindi ho scattato una foto.....e ora ve li riporto....

FAKE SMC key info not found ali0, lenght - 6

ApplelLMUController get sensortipe smc result1 = error 0x00000004

FAKE SMC KEY NOT FOUND MSLD LENGHT -1

FAKE SMC KEY NOT FOUND MSLD LENGHT -6

ApplelLMUController SMCRESULT1 ERROR. RESULT = 132

ApplelLMUController INTERRUPT CALLBACK GETSENSORREADING ERROR

e poi continua....

il file fakesmc.kext e' presente nella dir extra/extension

potete darmi una mano a risolvere questo fastidioso problema?

English

I thought everithin worked properly...but at boot with option -v the log gives me those error

and other errors....similar to those...

fakesmc.kext in in extra/extension

is there anybody who can help me to solve this problem? thx

I thought everithin worked properly...but at boot with option -v the log gives me those error

and other errors....similar to those...

fakesmc.kext in in extra/extension

is there anybody who can help me to solve this problem? thx

here the answer.. already post

but maybe I can ask him ;)... so I need to know...

- FakeSMC 2.5 modded by Andy (info key modded by smith@@) the DSDT I propose here M2.6 are FakeSMC 2.5 mod capable ;)put it in Extra/Extensions

rebuild your caches...

Fabio

here the answer.. already post

thx i thought that my fakesmc (found in this guide) was = to the one in that post...

if i unzip fakesmc there are two dir...and some file.....i have to copy fakesmc.kext in extra/extension.....what about other files?

tpmorrow i will try.....

Hello Guys, this is my first post here. i have to thank you all for all this hard work done

I have a P6T and searching for guides i always found info about V1 & V2 and also SE but any of the plain P6T. My computer has one year old and im very happy to have choosen the i920 desision in that time so for celebrate its birthday i had decided to came back here and find some info about OSX. My past experience here with OSX86 was in the times where the releases were patched installation disks of 10.4.3 so for me was very delightfull to see all the changes and new tecnologies this community has produced.

Anyway o due to this lacking of information about my specific mainboard i started to browse and browse here and outside and so finaly i found 2 choises this guide tutorial and this other one on blogspot

http://www.fleebailey33.org/search?updated...;max-results=22

Doing some tests i cud create a functional 8gb partition with the script in here after doin some installs and checking performance in the installation i decided to test the patch of this other tutorial, since i dont undestand how it works the efi partition and this is a guide about P6T SE so i decided to try the other patch so i patched the instaled OS and voila, finnaly a fully working OSK with just on click. the sistem showed me 10.6.0 and unknown procesor so i decided to install the upgrades directly from apple, and voila! i dont remember to change the plist of the procesor but now i had my i920 procesor recognized and v 10.6.3, since i don use the audio from the motherboard an i have a ozone stratos headset that works (no mic support) and a usb cam as mic y decided to pass to stage two SLI or better dual graphic card in OSX, i started to do the com.apple.Bios.plist with the instructions of that page and voila! dual 9800 GT 1MB cards in 15 minutes. awesome! using pliskeditpro and gfxutil

then i installed all the apps i usualy use (adobe suite css5, vuze, ps3 media server, skype, teamviewer, office 2008) and everything runs smoth it out perform my windows 7 experience

so then i pass to stage 3 benchmarks, first one geekbench shows 8700 xbench a score of 226,9 showing in the disk test some bad scores from my jm micron (raid array of 2 750 disks in ide superspeed mode) showing that is not writing data eficiently so i want to know if some expert here can test the pack i made to see if is better to use those kexts or use the pack of this forum i dont know the diferenes beteween the P6T and the P6T SE so i will like to know what i have to leave there and what i have to rewrite if some oneknows pls letme know

this is my working pack with the patch i used

P6T.zip

and the last thing, i will need some tips for doing a minor overclock to the cpu, as i work in design and i do some times 24 hour work i dont have in mind to do a full oveclock just a little tune to speed up the processor

I have a v8 colermaster and 2 duorbs for the graphic cards, i have geil 6gb DDR3 1333mhz of 9-9-9-24 (not to much to do there) and an Antec Nine Hundred.

wich app can tellme the temperature status of the procesor and graphic cards?

ok to much questions for now, thks again guys for this amazing work you all do

Greets from Italy

Andres

Hello Guys, this is my first post here. i have to thank you all for all this hard work done

I have a P6T and searching for guides i always found info about V1 & V2 and also SE but any of the plain P6T. My computer has one year old and im very happy to have choosen the i920 desision in that time so for celebrate its birthday i had decided to came back here and find some info about OSX. My past experience here with OSX86 was in the times where the releases were patched installation disks of 10.4.3 so for me was very delightfull to see all the changes and new tecnologies this community has produced.

Anyway o due to this lacking of information about my specific mainboard i started to browse and browse here and outside and so finaly i found 2 choises this guide tutorial and this other one on blogspot

http://www.fleebailey33.org/search?updated...;max-results=22

Doing some tests i cud create a functional 8gb partition with the script in here after doin some installs and checking performance in the installation i decided to test the patch of this other tutorial, since i dont undestand how it works the efi partition and this is a guide about P6T SE so i decided to try the other patch so i patched the instaled OS and voila, finnaly a fully working OSK with just on click. the sistem showed me 10.6.0 and unknown procesor so i decided to install the upgrades directly from apple, and voila! i dont remember to change the plist of the procesor but now i had my i920 procesor recognized and v 10.6.3, since i don use the audio from the motherboard an i have a ozone stratos headset that works (no mic support) and a usb cam as mic y decided to pass to stage two SLI or better dual graphic card in OSX, i started to do the com.apple.Bios.plist with the instructions of that page and voila! dual 9800 GT 1MB cards in 15 minutes. awesome! using pliskeditpro and gfxutil

then i installed all the apps i usualy use (adobe suite css5, vuze, ps3 media server, skype, teamviewer, office 2008) and everything runs smoth it out perform my windows 7 experience

so then i pass to stage 3 benchmarks, first one geekbench shows 8700 xbench a score of 226,9 showing in the disk test some bad scores from my jm micron (raid array of 2 750 disks in ide superspeed mode) showing that is not writing data eficiently so i want to know if some expert here can test the pack i made to see if is better to use those kexts or use the pack of this forum i dont know the diferenes beteween the P6T and the P6T SE so i will like to know what i have to leave there and what i have to rewrite if some oneknows pls letme know

this is my working pack with the patch i used

P6T.zip

and the last thing, i will need some tips for doing a minor overclock to the cpu, as i work in design and i do some times 24 hour work i dont have in mind to do a full oveclock just a little tune to speed up the processor

I have a v8 colermaster and 2 duorbs for the graphic cards, i have geil 6gb DDR3 1333mhz of 9-9-9-24 (not to much to do there) and an Antec Nine Hundred.

wich app can tellme the temperature status of the procesor and graphic cards?

ok to much questions for now, thks again guys for this amazing work you all do

Greets from Italy

Andres

Guys be careful i have tried the DSDT from the blog mentioned above and IT DOES NOT WORK with the P6T SE. It is only for the P6T. (Unless you crossflash your bios). The script for making things faster works good for the p6t se but not the dsdt