Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Tell some one me please how to check weather i have all 4 cores on i7 working? I'm asking because in activity monitor only one cpu is shown. Is it normal? On my phenom was 4 cores and monitor shoed me 4 cpus. And as far as i know, i7 should be recognized as 8 - cores because of hyperthreading? Help me please.

Tell some one me please how to check weather i have all 4 cores on i7 working? I'm asking because in activity monitor only one cpu is shown. Is it normal? On my phenom was 4 cores and monitor shoed me 4 cpus. And as far as i know, i7 should be recognized as 8 - cores because of hyperthreading? Help me please.

This is what i get from activity monitor. This is the cpu usage tool (under the window menu). It shows 8 cores.

post-169765-1269191533_thumb.png

the sleepenabler do not work correctly on 10.6.2. I've installed the update and all works perfectly (ATI 4890, audio, sleep, restart, internet, but not very good the sharing). but now, after 2 days from the installation, sleep does not work or more precise the deep sleep does not work. it's the 3th time I reistall the system and happens always the same thing. I've try to change dsdt, fakesmc, nullcpupowermanag... My question is which is the combination of kext right to make full working the deep sleep? I mean also where they must be put in. And the UUID is the same for smbios.plist and apple.boot.plist? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190066 here i've seen that the UUID in diskutil maybe is not right for the smbios.

An aid is appreciated! thank's! :D

Asus P6T SE

i7 920 D0

ATI 4890

6Gb corsair 1600

the sleepenabler do not work correctly on 10.6.2. I've installed the update and all works perfectly (ATI 4890, audio, sleep, restart, internet, but not very good the sharing). but now, after 2 days from the installation, sleep does not work or more precise the deep sleep does not work. it's the 3th time I reistall the system and happens always the same thing. I've try to change dsdt, fakesmc, nullcpupowermanag... My question is which is the combination of kext right to make full working the deep sleep? I mean also where they must be put in. And the UUID is the same for smbios.plist and apple.boot.plist? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190066 here i've seen that the UUID in diskutil maybe is not right for the smbios.

An aid is appreciated! thank's! :D

Asus P6T SE

i7 920 D0

ATI 4890

6Gb corsair 1600

Check the previous posts and you will find all the answers. Sleepenabler is not needed anymore. Nullcpu also not needed. Sleep works fine. Use bchemist's latest dsdt and instructions.

Check the previous posts and you will find all the answers. Sleepenabler is not needed anymore. Nullcpu also not needed. Sleep works fine. Use bchemist's latest dsdt and instructions.

Oh, fine! :blowup: Thank you!

For what it's worth I should mention that my autosleep issue was fixed when I changed the JMicron controller from AHCI to IDE in my BIOS. For some reason it refused to work when I had it set as AHCI. It also didn't recognize my drive configured that way. Lesson learned, I suppose.

I can't think of any reason except the idea that apple maybe locked newer dvds so that they can't be used for a full, clean installation. Have you checked if there are any other options when you try to install? Do you erase your disk from disk utility?

Sorry i know that maybe these questions are not really helpful but i can't think of any other reason...

I think about that:

if I install snow leopard on external drive via my macbook and then I put it in my pc as master drive, is it possible to make a new install without format it?

Or formating is necessary to install via flashdrive?

You can install on an external disk using your macbook. You should also update to 10.6.2 using your macbook. Then you have to follow tweak41's guide. You must choose a boot method, use a dsdt, kexts etc. After these steps you can plug the disk as internal in your pc and just boot it in a working osx installation.

I succeeded to install SL on the PC !

First, I installed SL via my MacBook and after plug the disk into the PC, I tried and it worked !

But...

First boot ok !

The screen resolution is not good (1024x768 instead of 1900x1200)

So I follow tweaks'41 guide, install the bootloader on a usb key but I never succeed to restart...

The screen alternate between light blue and dark blue and never come into the mac session.

I don't understand... what did it occur?

So I tried to restart the computer to go on windows 7 but (again) when the SATA bios is to AHCI, it never start and reboot each time...

Once I put the SATA into IDE, windows 7 start correctly...

Any idea ?

Regards

I succeeded to install SL on the PC !

First, I installed SL via my MacBook and after plug the disk into the PC, I tried and it worked !

But...

First boot ok !

The screen resolution is not good (1024x768 instead of 1900x1200)

So I follow tweaks'41 guide, install the bootloader on a usb key but I never succeed to restart...

The screen alternate between light blue and dark blue and never come into the mac session.

I don't understand... what did it occur?

So I tried to restart the computer to go on windows 7 but (again) when the SATA bios is to AHCI, it never start and reboot each time...

Once I put the SATA into IDE, windows 7 start correctly...

Any idea ?

Regards

You have to read carefully tweak41's guide and other posts. Have you configured your bios to boot with the usb stick? Also you have to set your osx disk as second one after the usb stick and windows disk as third one. If this is your problem it will work. There are many posts in this topic for bios settings and other stuff, you should check them.

double clock on the one core icon that shows up viola

You have to read carefully tweak41's guide and other posts. Have you configured your bios to boot with the usb stick? Also you have to set your osx disk as second one after the usb stick and windows disk as third one. If this is your problem it will work. There are many posts in this topic for bios settings and other stuff, you should check them.

I read all the guide...

So I try this morning a new install.

It's ok again.

But I stopped at the end of the install and I boot on the flashdrive and it works each time.

Maybe I'll try to install the boot loader to the system partition, instead of usb key, it will work better ?

Hello, I just want to thank everyone here ho helped out with making this guide amazing. The instructions are very easy to understand.

Before I go any further, let me just post my specs so people might be able to figure out what the culprit is:

P6T SE mobo

Core i7 920

6gb OCZ Platinum ddr3 1600 ram

MSI Radeon hd 4850 OC 512 mb DDR3

WD Caviar Black 640gb

Samsung DVD+-RW burner/drive

The problem is, even though I think I understand, I cannot seem to fix the problem I am having. I already restored the retail iso to the flash drive. When I try to install it, I get to the PC EFI v3 bootloader, I type in the "-v" command to see what's going wrong, and I then press enter, to install Snow leopard. I do not have a screenshot yet, but am in the process of redoing the whole thing. There is a error where it says "PCI root UID not found", and other no such files/directory errors. Then, the screen turns black and white, like this (taken from Big_T, he probably has the same problem I have):

2s9avzm.jpg

According to tweak41 (pg 13-15) of this guide, between Big_T and tweak41, it has to do with my graphics drivers not being supported till 10.6.2. I don't want to have to buy another retail disk. I have been trying and trying to inject kexts that people say will work, and I can't get the files tweak said would work, since rapidshare.de doesn't really work anymore.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a fix for this. This is my first hackintosh, so I'm not too familiar with some things. Also, when people say to put stuff in the S/L/E folder, is that on the installation flash drive, or is that in the directory of the OS that you're using?

Thanks to everyone!

/S/L/E refers to /System/Library/Extensions -- that's the folder located on your installation hard drive that contains the kexts installed with the operating system. They're native to the OS. When we add other kexts to that folder it is no longer considered "vanilla" because we've made modifications to the way the OS is originally intended to be installed.

I guess I'll try and find those kexts for you again. Bummer that the rapidshare link is toast.

EDIT: And your graphics solution is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155477

Okay, I thought so. Problem is, how do you put stuff there if you haven't installed it yet?

I'm thinking the answer is the Extra folder in the installation flash drive, but I could be wrong.

Thanks a lot for your help. Another thing is that when I ran 2 Boot Prep it did not create a smbios.plist. Is that needed for installation?

/S/L/E refers to /System/Library/Extensions -- that's the folder located on your installation hard drive that contains the kexts installed with the operating system. They're native to the OS. When we add other kexts to that folder it is no longer considered "vanilla" because we've made modifications to the way the OS is originally intended to be installed.

I guess I'll try and find those kexts for you again. Bummer that the rapidshare link is toast.

EDIT: And your graphics solution is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155477

Gah, more rapidshare.de files. Can someone who has these kexts please upload them elsewhere?

EDIT: Apparently those were not in a pkg. I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do with these kexts.

UPDATE: Now I'm getting a really weird screen after following the instructions. It worked, I installed, but when I tried to do the fix on the page, the one on rapidshare wasn't there, I found another one on mediafire, but it was a zip containing lots of kexts and bundles, so I just used kext helper to install them. I then restarted, using -f -v commands, and it gave me a screen of mostly white, but a bunch of other colors too. I'm going to reinstall and see if that works.

Oh yeah. Derp.

Thanks for your help by the way. I really hope it works after the update though.

If you boot to a desktop even once you should run the 10.6.2 upgrade and follow the instructions. Then you won't need to mess with that.

EDIT: Update worked, sound bar greyed out and no sound output, will fix later, big problem now is the resolution. I went into displays, and selected 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (my native res). It will give me the screen, but there are black bars on the side! I don't understand why it could be doing that. I'm not worrying about it now, just mad that it didn't give me the 1080p goodness.

UPDATE: nothing's changed tried a couple of things. I also found out that the temps are really hot. They're at the 60s on idle. I saw some fixes on this forum, but I'm not sure which way would be quickest. So, until I fix that, I probably won't be booting into os x.

Thanks for your help if you can figure these out.

Hi, first I want to thanks tweak41 for his great guide :wacko:.

OK, so my problem; SL is not loading after update to 6.2. I did everything, step-by-step as described in guide and SL 10.6 is installed and working correctly, sound is working, ethernet is working, FCP is working. But problem was when I installed update 6.2 as described at bottom of the guide then I have problem with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, it is waiting and nothing happens. So I did fresh install, and before update i copied NullCPUMPowermanagement.kext to /Extra folder as described here http://netkas.org/?cat=9 and reboot. After that system is loaded fine, but when I make update to 6.2 after reboot system is not loaded. With -v parameter everything is loading, no errors there, but after lines disaper and it looks like system is loading then my monitor goes black and shows No Signal.

I was trying to google if someone has similar problem but I coulnd't find anything helpful. I now that I am doing something wrong or missing something but what? :wacko:

Could be problem with old EFI, 10.5, or Chameleon, v2RC3 ? These are files that are on guide links.

Loader is EFI

P6 T SE

i7 920

GeForce GTX260

3x2GB 1600 Patriot

did you include the boot-uuid in the boot plist? 10.6.2 needs that I think. otherwise you might get the waiting for root message.

Hi, first I want to thanks tweak41 for his great guide :wacko:.

OK, so my problem; SL is not loading after update to 6.2. I did everything, step-by-step as described in guide and SL 10.6 is installed and working correctly, sound is working, ethernet is working, FCP is working. But problem was when I installed update 6.2 as described at bottom of the guide then I have problem with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, it is waiting and nothing happens. So I did fresh install, and before update i copied NullCPUMPowermanagement.kext to /Extra folder as described here http://netkas.org/?cat=9 and reboot. After that system is loaded fine, but when I make update to 6.2 after reboot system is not loaded. With -v parameter everything is loading, no errors there, but after lines disaper and it looks like system is loading then my monitor goes black and shows No Signal.

I was trying to google if someone has similar problem but I coulnd't find anything helpful. I now that I am doing something wrong or missing something but what? :wacko:

Could be problem with old EFI, 10.5, or Chameleon, v2RC3 ? These are files that are on guide links.

Loader is EFI

P6 T SE

i7 920

GeForce GTX260

3x2GB 1600 Patriot

did you include the boot-uuid in the boot plist? 10.6.2 needs that I think. otherwise you might get the waiting for root message.

Yes I did, I draged Extensions folder to Kext Utility and copied the UUID from there. Is it normal that UUID from there is diferent than UUID from About This Mac ?

This may take several trials to get it to work, if it's indeed possible. Let's do this in a series of steps as follows:

1) Try DSDT with existing files (assuming you are using my speedstep pack) and change nothing else.

else

2) Remove GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist

else

3) put back #2 and try Netkas 10.6 bootloader

else

4) see step 2 again

5) try the other bootloaders and repeat cycle.

As far as adding other enabler kexts for Radeon cards that's something I really don't know. It make take quite a bit of trial and error on top of the above if you need to add ATI enabler kexts as well.

Good luck!

HI Bchemist,

I've try to implement your dsdt for dual radeon card to my dsdt and it seem work perfectly, with sleep, quarz extreme..!! good :P , compliments!

I've one 4890 and one 2600XT.(I've modified information about the second card, megalodon, ram 0x10..).

So I've added the ati 2600 because i need 2 monitor. My ati 4890 "new edition" have hdmi output and OSX doesn't support it.

My question is: can I implement hdmi output through dsdt?

I've not tested DP port, because I don't have the adapter, I will try it just it is possible (I can't found it anywere in my town.. ;) )

Thank's in advance

Okay. Here's what going on so far:

1. Sound isn't working. It the sound wasn't greyed out before I installed later things after the 10.6.2 update, that were in software update. I'm not too sure what the problem is.

UPDATE: sound works now, not too sure how I got it to work, but it does.

2. Resolution: It says I'm on 1920 x 1080 @60Hz, which is my native res on my monitor, but the entire screen is not being used. There are black bars taking up some space on both sides. I would really appreciate a fix.

3. CPU/GPU temps: I haven't checked the GPU temps, but I imagine they're pretty high considering the CPU temps are. I checked my CPU temps through iStat Pro, and it said I'm running at stock speeds at 62-63 degrees Celsius on IDLE. I don't even wan't to know what it is on load. I'm really worried about this.

4. 64-bit isn't working. I'm stuck on 32-bit for some reason. It's not too big a deal, but I would appreciate using my full 6 gigs of ram.

UPDATE: 64-bit supposedly works now.

Thanks to everyone helping out on this guide. I learned a lot, and at least it works.

HI Bchemist,

I've try to implement your dsdt for dual radeon card to my dsdt and it seem work perfectly, with sleep, quarz extreme..!! good :thumbsup_anim: , compliments!

I've one 4890 and one 2600XT.(I've modified information about the second card, megalodon, ram 0x10..).

So I've added the ati 2600 because i need 2 monitor. My ati 4890 "new edition" have hdmi output and OSX doesn't support it.

My question is: can I implement hdmi output through dsdt?

I've not tested DP port, because I don't have the adapter, I will try it just it is possible (I can't found it anywere in my town.. :) )

Thank's in advance