[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

antovasa,

RE: PREBOOT

Oh! I see. Then, I'll going to have to look into it. Ouch. :angry2:

RE: Server Install with LAN

Would using the "EthernetBuiltIn"="Yes" flag work in the boot plist or at the bootloader prompt, or a Ethernet EFI string?

RE:

Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkFamily. v1.10: already have loaded v.1.9.

Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkFamily. v1.10: already have loaded v.1.9.

FakeSMC: key info not found MSDS, lenght -6

Perfectly normal. You're likely using a IONetworkingFamily.kext in /Extra, which is fine and expected. The bootloader loads that one first (v1.9), then later, the kernel encounters the other one /System (v1.10) during boot. That message is simply a FYI when the there are two matching kexts with different versions.

EDIT: I might add to that, obviously Apple updated this kext in 10.6.5, but I doubt those changes have any real effect on us.

The FakeSMC message is a debug message. I have it disabled for the next release.

RE: Many bootloaders

That's a complaint I and many others have had. After RC4, several developers started working on their own bootloader version independently, with each of them offering different features. Members wanted to be able to try each of them out effortlessly. Fortunately for us, development has died down on these various mods and the only active work is the RC5 version. Many of the features in the other RC4/RC5 versions have been or will be included in the latest RC5 version.

When RC5 is officially released, I'll be weeding them down to just PC-EFI 10.6, Cham RC4 and Cham RC5.

MAJ

I have only 2 kexts running on my system, ionetworkingfamily and fakeSMC, both in extra, everything else is native. Sleep worked fine, in fact I cant even recall the last time I shutdown my box. I also get those 3 errors you posted but the fakeSMC one can be fixed as posted in netkas' blog. The kext by default has debugging mode enabled (true) so you will need to go into the plist file and disable it (false). Those errors wont appear during verbose boot. Cheers Charles [/quote

Then i guess that you are using a DSDT.aml correctly modified in order to just need two extensions. I use the default extensions suggested by DD script.

I neved correctly undertood the DSDT file editing.

I am discovering that 10.6.2 "works" but it is a bit buggy. Here I am assuming it is me who hasn't yet realized what is missing.

Now that you have a boot of 10.6 able to run you could try doing an install from the script while booted into 10.6 and perhaps it will solve your problems.

Forcing quit, isn't even forcing quit consistently. I Can force quit an app and it still appears in the force quit dialog, when it does quit. SOme of the time apps will force quit but some of the time, they wont.

This can also happen on real macs. Although the crash may be related to hackintosh stuff this aspect of it is quite normal.

Shutting down: Under this boot configuration it wont shut down all the way.

I think running the DSDT patcher from the script will fix this but I'm not 100% certain since your mobo is slightly different.

antovasa,

RE: PREBOOT

Oh! I see. Then, I'll going to have to look into it. Ouch. :)

Hi Digital_Dreamer:

I just want to CONFIRM that your Preboot CD routine has a bug, i tested doing a PrebootCD with it many times, it creates a 149MB ISO, i burn it and gets verified without problems, but when i try to Boot the system usinng it, it looks like if it is not a Boot CD, like if the boot sector of the cd is not there, so your preboot routine is not working fine.

Also there is no usr\standalone\i386\cdboot file inside the iso created by the script.

For my good luck i preserved a zip file with an older script that creates good working PrebootCD.iso files.

Second and most important: The new script is working incorrectly again with RAID partitions.

I installed Snow Leopard Server, and used the latest script. After the restart i noticed a stop in the startup process (system uptime in nanoseconds), so i started again with the preboot cd. I noticed that the contents of the RAID helper partitions were not equal, one of the has all the kexts and the other not, and so on.

So i tried many times and watched the behavior of the script. I found that sometimes it mounts both RAID helper partitions at once. Sometimes it writes the kexts, plists and dsdt to just one of them, also when installing the bootloader i noticed that the matchkernel file was missing on one of the two partitions.

So i did what you told me a long time ago, and renamed the partitions to make them different. And at some time the script worked correctly and copied the kexts, plists and dsdt files to both partitions.

Finally i found that if you update to 10.6.5 and do not Rebuild Cache before restarting the computer, it will restart but there will be an error with the USBUHCI, and all the USB ports will not work on OSX.

Hi everyone!

Just want to say a BIG thanks to all those that have made this all possible, especially DD himself!

I've been using the script since about 10.5.6 and have recently successfully updated to SL 10.6.5 on my GA-EX58-UD5 (bios F12)

I'm currently using the Chameleon RC5 beta r642 bootloader with vanilla kernel and something that has been bugging me from the very start since I got into hackintosh with this board is that I have absolutely no luck getting the boot image to appear while booting.

The boot theme appears just fine with the chameleon selector and all but after that it goes to verbose mode while booting.

I've copied all the boot image files to the correct directory for the hackinstaller script to see and everything seems fine when I load any of them using the script but they never load up when booting.

This is has been fine up to now while I've been testing and actually wanted it to be in verbose boot but now that I have a 100% stable system, I really would prefer an image while booting.

Any ideas where I should try?

Thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to give me any pointers.

Charles

Hi everyone!

Just want to say a BIG thanks to all those that have made this all possible, especially DD himself!

I've been using the script since about 10.5.6 and have recently successfully updated to SL 10.6.5 on my GA-EX58-UD5 (bios F12)

I'm currently using the Chameleon RC5 beta r642 bootloader with vanilla kernel and something that has been bugging me from the very start since I got into hackintosh with this board is that I have absolutely no luck getting the boot image to appear while booting.

The boot theme appears just fine with the chameleon selector and all but after that it goes to verbose mode while booting.

I've copied all the boot image files to the correct directory for the hackinstaller script to see and everything seems fine when I load any of them using the script but they never load up when booting.

This is has been fine up to now while I've been testing and actually wanted it to be in verbose boot but now that I have a 100% stable system, I really would prefer an image while booting.

Any ideas where I should try?

Thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to give me any pointers.

Charles

You are probably booting in verbose mode due to the kernel flag in your com.apple.boot.plist.

Open it and edit this line

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=i386</string>

Just a heads up. If you have these 2 lines present, it means u r booting with the -v in 32 bit mode. If you still want to have 32 bit then just remove the -v, if you want to boot in 64 bit but not in verbose mode then it should look like this.

64 bit mode

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>

32 bit mode

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>

Big Note: If you have ATY_Init for Graphics, then this will not load in 64 bit mode since it is only 32 bit compatible. This simply means you will end up with a black screen when you reach the desktop.

Cheers

Charles

You are probably booting in verbose mode due to the kernel flag in your com.apple.boot.plist.

Open it and edit this line

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=i386</string>

Cheers

Charles

Thanks SO much!!! I can't believe it was something as simple as this! I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere else though.

Worked exactly as you described.

Thanks again!

Charles

anyone notice that if you FORCE 100/fullduplex, you can't get the interface to be active/enabled? once i do autodetect i'm good.

i'm using the kext that is with DD's script.

xfer rates also seem to max out at 10MBs. my wireless router is 10/100. and i'm on the EX58-UD5.

Hey,

im running 10.6.5 on my Hackintosh (i7 920, 3Gb Ram,AppleRAID0,GTX260, 9800GT) i Installed this via dd's script.

Now i have 2 Performance Questions:

is it possible that the i7 is not recogniced right? in the "about this mac" window it shows me a 2,02Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon... How can i check how fast my machine is in reality?

Than next, is it possible to overclock tha machine easily? What do i have to do for that? Any hints?

Now the second Question:

i want to use openCL in Luxrender (luxrender.net) - Therefore i have the 2 Graphiccards installed. When i use the smalllux1.7.1 openCL Benchmark, it only sees the GTX260. It also not uses the CPU right! there is only very little load on it! The 9800GT is not recogniced as an openCL Device!?

Where can i look for the Problems? ore does anyone now about this Problem?

INITIALISING: 1 OpenCL platform found!

[Platform 0]

Name: Apple

Vendor: Apple

Version: OpenCL 1.0 (Aug 22 2010 18:08:16)

Profile: FULL_PROFILE

[OpenCL-only Context]

2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]

Name: GeForce GTX 260

Vendor: NVIDIA

Type: GPU

Device Version: OpenCL 1.0

Driver Version: CLH 1.0

Compute Units: 24

Work Group Size: 512

Clock: 1242 MHz

Global Memory: 896 MB

Local Memory: 16 KB

Cache Size: 0 KB

Cache Line Size: 0 Bytes

Available: Yes

Double-Precision: No

Extensions:

cl_khr_byte_addressable_store

cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics

cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics

cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

cl_APPLE_SetMemObjectDestructor

cl_APPLE_ContextLoggingFunctions

cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics

cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics

[Device 1]

Name: Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

Vendor: Intel

Type: CPU

Driver Version: 1.0

Compute Units: 8

Work Group Size: 1

Clock: 2024 MHz

Global Memory (Total): 3072 MB

Global Memory (Host): 2304 MB

Global Memory (PCIe): 768 MB

Cache Size: 8192 KB

Cache Line Size: 64 Bytes

Double-Precision: Yes

Extensions:

cl_khr_fp64

cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

[shared OpenCL+OpenGL Context]

2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]

Name: GeForce GTX 260

Vendor: NVIDIA

Type: GPU

Driver Version: CLH 1.0

Compute Units: 24

Work Group Size: 512

Clock: 1242 MHz

Global Memory: 896 MB

Cache Size: 0 KB

Cache Line Size: 0 Bytes

Double-Precision: No

Extensions:

cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

[Device 1]

Name: Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

Vendor: Intel

Type: CPU

Driver Version: 1.0

Compute Units: 8

Work Group Size: 1

Clock: 2024 MHz

Global Memory (Total): 3072 MB

Global Memory (Host): 2304 MB

Global Memory (PCIe): 768 MB

Cache Size: 8192 KB

Cache Line Size: 64 Bytes

Double-Precision: Yes

Extensions:

cl_khr_fp64

cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

i use Graphics enabler in my boot plist. So there are no kexts/strings installed manualy.

i Hope anyone can tell me why my CPU only runs @ 2024Mhz...

Thanks,

Pcace

EDIT: One more Question: i Found the Chameleon.prefPane in the DD-Script fiolder. A nice Tool! THe Problem is - it has no effect when i change anything. Where can i find my actual used boot.plist?!?

editing one of these plist also has no effect:

Plist Selector:

Modify which plist?

(Script will ignore any plists located in EFI partitions.)

Boot Plists:

Partition Identifier Directory

1) For Kext Installer --disk2 Script

2) Boot OSX --disk1s3 Extra

3) Leopard (Apple RAID) --disk2 Extra

|

SMBIOS Plists

Partition Identifier Directory

4) For Kext Installer --disk2 Script

5) Boot OSX --disk1s3 Extra

6) Leopard (Apple RAID) --disk2 Extra

EDIT2: Im using the Cham_2.0_RC4_Asere Bootloader with these Kexts:

Kext/kernel Installer:

Files to be installed from

the script's folders to Leopard - Extra:

ATA VERSION ARCH SIZE DESTINATION

(No files present to install)

Audio

1) HDAEnabler.kext 1.0.0d1 x86_64 108K /Extra

2) LegacyHDA.kext 888 N/A 72K /Extra

Graphics

Networking

Misc Patches

3) fakesmc.kext 2 x86_64 124K /System

4) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext 1.0.2 x86_64 80K /Extra

Kernel & matching kext

post-302268-1291571821_thumb.png

post-302268-1291571830_thumb.png

post-302268-1291571838_thumb.png

post-302268-1291571843_thumb.png

post-302268-1291572522_thumb.png

Hi Digital_Dreamer:

I use your script for install SNOW RETAIL 10.6.0 and update this for 10.6.5 in RAID 0 , this script work perfect for me , is very useful.

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!

Good Job and

Good Luck!!!!!

Thanks a Lot

Maj

I think my restart after sleep issue is hardware related and not software. it even happens when I boot into win7, sleep the rig and wake it up. I also got a couple of random restarts whiles the system was booting and also after boot.

I googled around and most people who experienced this problem ended up getting a new PSU. I will do a series of test, removing ram blocks and hard drives etc until I am certain its the PSU.

Hey,

im running 10.6.5 on my Hackintosh (i7 920, 3Gb Ram,AppleRAID0,GTX260, 9800GT) i Installed this via dd's script.

Now i have 2 Performance Questions:

is it possible that the i7 is not recogniced right? in the "about this mac" window it shows me a 2,02Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon... How can i check how fast my machine is in reality?

Than next, is it possible to overclock tha machine easily? What do i have to do for that? Any hints?

To answer your question, your cpu multiplier is probably set to 15, meaning for some weird reason, your cpu got down clocked. This can happen if there has been some boot issues due to previous over clocking or you have loaded fail safe defaults in your bios settings. You can easily fix this by loading optimized defaults or setting your cpu multiplier to 20.

If you easily want to over clock and you run win7, you can use Easy Tune to over clock to 3.2 Ghz. You can download it from gigabyte's website. If you want more extreme over clocking, then you can consults d00d's guide. He has templates for over clocking upto 4.8ghz I think.

Cheers

Charles

anyone notice that if you FORCE 100/fullduplex, you can't get the interface to be active/enabled? once i do autodetect i'm good.

i'm using the kext that is with DD's script.

xfer rates also seem to max out at 10MBs. my wireless router is 10/100. and i'm on the EX58-UD5.

Yeah, I noticed this some time ago. This is the new beta driver from Lnx2Mac. It will act like the cable's unplugged if in Manual mode. WTH? Unfortunately, the development is still stuck at v0.0.67.

If one wishes to use something different, you can try the other IONetworkingFamly.kext in the AppleRTL8169Ethernet__Yukon 88E8056 folder. This is RealTek's inhouse driver.

Or, you can use the old RealtekR1000SL.kext (in /System) or put it in the IONetworkingFamily.kext PlugIns folder, in place of the other RealTek drivers ( RealtekRTL81xx_Lnx2Mac.kext or AppleRTL8169Ethernet).

is it possible that the i7 is not recogniced right? in the "about this mac" window it shows me a 2,02Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon.

Your mobo should be running as fast as you have it set up in the BIOS. Any erroneous numbers appearing in Mac OS X is likely a reporting error.

Try Gigabyte's technical forum for suggestions.

i want to use openCL in Luxrender (luxrender.net) - Therefore i have the 2 Graphiccards installed. When i use the smalllux1.7.1 openCL Benchmark, it only sees the GTX260. It also not uses the CPU right! there is only very little load on it! The 9800GT is not recogniced as an openCL Device!?

Where can i look for the Problems? ore does anyone now about this Problem?

I don't know if the bootloader can inject info on more than one card. Anyone?

The way most people do this is use a EFI string that contains both card info. My script will not work with this currently.

You'll need to insert one card in the slot you intend to have it and grab the device tree for it once booted. Then, shutdown, pull it and insert the other card in the slot you intend to have it and grab its device tree. Once you have both device trees you can build a EFI string from them.

For information on this, go in my script in /~extra/Resources/GFX_Strings/_info and you'll find some helpful web links on working with dual cards.

i Found the Chameleon.prefPane in the DD-Script fiolder. A nice Tool! THe Problem is - it has no effect when i change anything.

That preference pane is designed to be used with the latest RC5 bootloader (not Cham_2.0_RC4_Asere). I should include a note regarding that.

Where can i find my actual used boot.plist?!? editing one of these plist also has no effect:

That list doesn't look correct. It looks like a RAID helper partition is listed, but I don't believe it should be there.

Make sure you have no RAID helper partitions mounted before you enter "Modify Plist". This is a bug I have fixed in the next release.

If you want, you can send me your Install.log and I'll look into what may be happening. This will help me get it fixed up.

I use your script for install SNOW RETAIL 10.6.0 and update this for 10.6.5 in RAID 0 , this script work perfect for me , is very useful.

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

I think my restart after sleep issue is hardware related and not software. it even happens when I boot into win7, sleep the rig and wake it up. I also got a couple of random restarts whiles the system was booting and also after boot.

Well, if you have no log messages during the reboot time, it must be hardware. Have you tried downclocking to, like 2-GHz? :)

Interestingly, I've noticed many other complaints about KPs since 10.6.5. :)

MAJ

Well, if you have no log messages during the reboot time, it must be hardware. Have you tried downclocking to, like 2-GHz? :)

Interestingly, I've noticed many other complaints about KPs since 10.6.5. :)

MAJ

Yeah I have downclocked to 2Ghz, overclocked and even used stock settings, same old beef. Testing RAM now using Rember. Will isolate ram chips and see if the problem will still persisit.

I am betting its PSU as I sometimes hear this weird high pitch screeching sound inside the rig.

Cheers

Charles

Yeah I have downclocked to 2Ghz, overclocked and even used stock settings, same old beef. Testing RAM now using Rember. Will isolate ram chips and see if the problem will still persisit.

Cheers

Charles

Better to use MemTest86. It will allow you to test almost all of the RAM. Memtest/Rember can't test the memory in use by the OS.

Cheers.

I was going to do a complete fresh install on my RAID so I backed everything up onto another disk and did the install there first as a test but in the end I just decided to update my RAID instead of opting for the fresh install.

I with the script i replaced pcefi 10.5 with 10.6 and chose not to conserve files in /extra and then did a Super Combo build of my kexts but something went wrong. After I tried again and got the multiple volumes error message but since I'd been reading here recently I was onto the problem very fast. Tried "ls /volumes" and it indeed reported "Boot OSX" and I also found that my real Boot OSX had suffix numbers assigned to it. I couldn't do anything with sudo rm -rf /Volumes/Boot\ OSX and I also tried repairing my RAID Disk in disk utility which reported errors that were fixed.

The main thing I want to report is I found a fix different to the solution in these forums.

I mounted my RAID Helper Partitions with the script and used get info on the false Boot OSX folder (it had a folder icon) to change permissions from none at all to read/write. I then deleted the folder in the trash and ran the script and everything worked fine. Of course people use this they still should be very careful to make sure they are deleting a fake volume and not a real one.

So now I finally have sleep and 10.6.5 and everything working good. My sleep sometimes still wakes into a fuzzy white screen but now that the power button can be used to toggle sleep I can put it to sleep again when this happens and then wake it up and it will work properly.

So now I'm trying to work on getting a AU$5 generic mini usb bluetooth to work. It's recognised but seems a bit temperamental since it only sometimes finds my devices and I've yet to successfully send files over the network. I might give up and buy one from the store that costs $30 but I reckon it's probably a bit of a rip off since it looks like it's also cheap stuff. Unfortunately the store options in Australia aren't so good (particularly in perth)

Anyway for the moment I'm feeling pretty happy about my install. I really appreciate all the work that has gone into this script.

I don't know if the bootloader can inject info on more than one card. Anyone?

The way most people do this is use a EFI string that contains both card info. My script will not work with this currently.

You'll need to insert one card in the slot you intend to have it and grab the device tree for it once booted. Then, shutdown, pull it and insert the other card in the slot you intend to have it and grab its device tree. Once you have both device trees you can build a EFI string from them.

For information on this, go in my script in /~extra/Resources/GFX_Strings/_info and you'll find some helpful web links on working with dual cards.

That preference pane is designed to be used with the latest RC5 bootloader (not Cham_2.0_RC4_Asere). I should include a note regarding that.

Hey, here is my instal-log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/540323/

i Hope it helps!

But again my question: where can i find my boot.plist witch is used to boot my hackintosh?

Thanks,

Pcace

I am betting its PSU as I sometimes hear this weird high pitch screeching sound inside the rig.

Cheers

Charles

Sent the whole system in today for RMA. The guys were very helpful, even though I had changed the original case and cooler that came with the rig during purchase warranty is still in order. I hope its nothing major, I miss my Hack...currently posting from my medion laptop hack, running 10.6.3

Hey guys!

This should be an easy one. I've rebuilt my boot disk using the /Extra method instead of /EFI this time.

Actually it's the second time i've done it as the first one kept getting kernel panics. Hmn

This time I don't seem to have the custom graphics card options and am stuck with 1024x768

What did I do wrong? In the past it just worked after the second boot.

Cheers

Matt

Yeah, I noticed this some time ago. This is the new beta driver from Lnx2Mac. It will act like the cable's unplugged if in Manual mode. WTH? Unfortunately, the development is still stuck at v0.0.67.

If one wishes to use something different, you can try the other IONetworkingFamly.kext in the AppleRTL8169Ethernet__Yukon 88E8056 folder. This is RealTek's inhouse driver.

Or, you can use the old RealtekR1000SL.kext (in /System) or put it in the IONetworkingFamily.kext PlugIns folder, in place of the other RealTek drivers ( RealtekRTL81xx_Lnx2Mac.kext or AppleRTL8169Ethernet).

esigned to be used with the latest RC5 bootloader (not Cham_2.0_RC4_Asere). I should include a note regarding that.

Hi MAJ!!!

omg...you are right on point!! i also noticed when i used the Lnx2Mac beta networking drivers, eth1 interface was buggy as hell...when you ping something on the local lan, it was randomly from 30ms to 60ms...terrible.

I ended up using AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext from repository folder.

immediately for eth1 the pings were clean about 0.1 to 0.2 ms..

problem solved!!

thanks!!

Hi MAJ!!!

omg...you are right on point!! i also noticed when i used the Lnx2Mac beta networking drivers, eth1 interface was buggy as hell...when you ping something on the local lan, it was randomly from 30ms to 60ms...terrible.

I ended up using AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext from repository folder.

immediately for eth1 the pings were clean about 0.1 to 0.2 ms..

problem solved!!

thanks!!

While the AppleRTL8169 kext worked for eth1 and eth0 with normal ping speeds of = 0.1ms on local lan....Sleep is now broken! lol

when i get home today i have to try other kexts..

While the AppleRTL8169 kext worked for eth1 and eth0 with normal ping speeds of = 0.1ms on local lan....Sleep is now broken! lol

when i get home today i have to try other kexts..

LOL! I was going to warn you, but figured you probably don't use sleep. :P

The only other one is the one we used to use: RealtekR1000SL.kext

best regarrds,

MAJ

LOL! I was going to warn you, but figured you probably don't use sleep. :rolleyes:

The only other one is the one we used to use: RealtekR1000SL.kext

best regarrds,

MAJ

haha, friend gave me his old gigabit router so i'm good..back to just using eth0 only. my Nas had two ports both gigabit, i was rideing my eth1 off one of the nasports. so i needed two eth ports...eth0 was just 100mbit..

SCRIPT UPDATE:

UPDATE: 12/8/2010 - version 5.01

• Fixed a variety of bugs related to the new /Extra/Extensions setup. Script will automatically recognize either Boot cache or Extra/Extensions mode on startup and not try to change the mode. On a new install (one that wasn't setup by this script), the kexts folder must either be "Extensions" or have "Kexts" in the name for script to recognize it. Script will now properly update the System boot cache when in Extra/Extensions mode.
  • Changed behavior of script when selecting a target drive: By default, the script will determine Install type and Kext loading mode, without prompting you to select or change them, as this isn't something you would be doing each time you select a drive. By altering a preference, the script will allow one to switch between Install types and Kext loading modes. The preference option is: Enable install/kext loading selection (Extra or EFI; cache or E/E).
  • Reworked the script to make it easier to add/edit EFI strings. EFI strings are more accessible now.
  • Edited the FakeSMC.kext plist so that the debug messages, "FakeSMC: key info not found...," do not show in the kernel log (twice every second!).
  • Updated IONetworkingFamily.kexts in Networking to v1.10 from Mac OS 10.6.5.
  • Added a background.png to the Default theme pack, so that the Chameleon RC5 bootloader will boot into GUI mode, instead of text mode.
  • Changed the bootloader selection for Boot Disk creation back to PC-EFI v10.6, as the latest Chameleon RC5 version still stalls when booting without a DSDT file.
  • Fixed a permissions issue with the DS_Store file where window/folder view changes in the /Extra directory were not saved.
  • Fixed an issue where a mounted iDisk would be confused as a duplicate mount point.
  • Fixed an issue where if there was only one valid HFS volume to select as target, the incorrect volume name was saved.
  • Fixed an issue where misleading boot cache errors would be produced if the system was booted in Safe Mode.
  • Fixed an issue where a permissions error would appear when exiting from the script. This would happen because I provided the script download with no log files included, so logs were created from scratch while in root when the user ran the script. When exiting, the script would attempt to write a "exit" message to the log after it exited as super user.

kind regards,

MAJ

[*] Edited the FakeSMC.kext plist so that the debug messages, "FakeSMC: key info not found...," do not show in the kernel log (twice every second!).

MAJ

WELL DONE !!!

Many thanks for your great work and how you share your knowledge.

Thanks also for the fakeSMC Log bug

this message is sponsored by some smileys: :D :D :):rolleyes: