[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Vanilla Retail Guide for GA-P35-DS4 and other related boards

tseug

Did it work without issues?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Install check

• Yes (GA-P35-DS4)
    • No (GA-P35-DS4)
    • Yes (Different MB)
    • No (Different MB)

785 posts in this topic

So I got wireless back by rebuilding the kext cache (after applying the above modifications), as follows:

kextcache -v 1 -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

...but now sound is gone. I tried reinstalling tseug's package, but no dice. System Profiler reports an Intel High Definition Audio device, but no output devices are found in System Preferences. What's going on? :P

Hi tried this, unfortunately do i get the well-known:

_CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

this happens right after i select the language and the installation cd should offer me to install os x.

any ideas, what to do now?

ok...using usb stick to boot works...hopefully im done after that!

10.6.2 Success with GA-EP35-DS4! Many thanks and admiration to tseug for such a simple but powerful guide. I followed it exactly, and everything was working so I used Migration Assistant to bring in my user account and applications. That caused the only glitch - at the end it was cycling through restart without getting as far as login. I used my Leopard install to look at the installation and found two kexts from my Leopard install in the SL S/L/E folder (HDAEnabler and dsmos). No idea why because I didn't migrate any other settings or files. Anyway,removing them fixed the problem. Also, before I got to software update stage, restart and shutdown stopped working.

Next I used Apple Software update to install 10.6.2 Combo, and replaced SleepEnabler with the new version from netkas. Everything fine.

Will now search the topic about restart/shutdown, losing WiFi and the "unknown" processor in System Profiler. Everything else is OK.

Hello everyone.

I haven't updated my system for a while but now I've seen quite a few updates and I would like to ask whether it is save to run them or not?

The updates are as follows:

Security Update 2010-001

Remote Desktop Client Update 3.3.2

RAW-Compatibility Update 2.7

Java for OS X 10.6 Update 1

Bonjour Update 2010-001

AirPort Client Update 2009-002

I installed my system (10.6.2) by using this guide and it worked great so I would like to go sure to not kill anything by running a dangerous update.

Thanks.

Having problems on p35-ds4, nvidia 9600GT, Q6700.

After installation sl shows kernel panic, installing like in this guide except using mbr-partition. Tried installing from leo iDeneb and applying pathes from it, all is the same. Where there can be a problem?

dsc0842.th.png

Sorry for my bad english :(

SOLVED

Just by installing SL to GUID partition

Hi,

I used this guide a few weeks ago, and everything works! great work. (10.6.2)

I always do my work on my macbook pro, now my girlfriend is using my macbook so i need to use the hackintosh for work.

I need to install a plugin for adobe aftereffects, now it says: you need to install rosetta... can i do that without problems?

sorry for my noob qeustion and bad english.

Grtz,

Rob

USB-Boot.

I didn't get it to work with my ga-p35-ds3 (i know some of you did with this mainboard).

My problem is that I don't get into the boot menu.

I set my BIOS-settings exactly as told but when I boot with the CD i get 3 error messages. Tried to burn it again still the same problem.

When I restore the disk to a USB-stick then it wont recognize it at all during boot. :-(

Anyone has an idea?

USB-Boot.

I didn't get it to work with my ga-p35-ds3 (i know some of you did with this mainboard).

My problem is that I don't get into the boot menu.

I set my BIOS-settings exactly as told but when I boot with the CD i get 3 error messages. Tried to burn it again still the same problem.

When I restore the disk to a USB-stick then it wont recognize it at all during boot. :-(

Anyone has an idea?

Hi,

im having a trouble installing Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

Im following your guide step by step and at the moment when installer starts it shows a "mac os x cannot be installed on this computer".

EDIT: Nevermind, problem solved by getting the 10.6.0 DVD

Hi there... iNoob here wanting to build my first hackintosh..

I am PC literate and have built a number of PC's so the challenge for me is understanding the "Mac talk" not assembling the h/w or loading software etc.

I have the following h/w that I plan on running SL on (if possible)

E8400, 2 x 2G Kingston HyperX PC6400 RAM

GA-EP35-DS3R mobo

HD4850 512M GA

I am successfully dual booting VISTA Home Premium x64 and Win 7 Premium x64 from SATA drives but don't have a spare SATA drive laying around. I do have a couple IDE drives but I thought I read somewhere in this thread that IDE was not possible but with 30 odd pages to this thread I may have missed something...

From THIS article it appears that SL will support IDE so would like to know how/when to implement sucgh a driver during install to allow use of IDE HDD

If you have an IDE drive or your laptop contains IDE drive then Install AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext by Netkas to make your ATA/IDE work in Snow Leopard. This kext is useful for ICH6/7/8/9/10 with ahci disabled and for lappies too. This kext also helps IOATAFamily related error causing Kernel Panic.

Oh almost forgot, my DVD drive is IDE too...

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I take this project has been abandoned by the creator Tseug?

Let me know please.

Cheers,

Dave

It seems that many of the threads of this ilk are no longer active...

That said, I have managed to get 10.6.0 loaded and bootable with (mostly) this guide so a BIG thanks to the author (if they ever check back!)

I am running a EP35DS3R MoBo with a E8400 processor, and currently an X1950 VGA with only native 1024x768 res available.

What I want to FIX now is:

1. Get sound working

2. Get better resolution, and preferably get my HD4850 going.

3. Update to 10.6.2 and be able to "Just update" any future releases if that's possible

EDIT

4. My DVD drive is not recognised as such... It works for CD's but not DVD's

5. Get IDE support so I don't have to fiddle with BIOS when I want to boot my Windows installations

What I am unclear about just now is:

1. Will I always have the Chameleon boot screen or is there some way to "just boot" the OSX as you would XP et al?

2. Not sure if sleep works yet... wait and see I guess...

Hey all, hoping for a bit of sound help if anyone knows the answer. Read through the thread and mostly saw folks with my configuration reporting flawless sound with no effort. Sadly, not my case.

I'm running a GA-EP35-DS3L with an 8800GT 512Mb and two Sata hdd's.

I've got SL up and running via this method .... graphics, network, everything but sound. Installed the ALC888 installer (as I do have ALC888) and saw that it added the kext to E/E, but still no joy. I went in an rebuilt the Extensions.mkext, but no difference. The system preferences finds no output devices, but the Audio in the "About this Mac" says:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID:	0x1458A002
 Audio ID:	888
 Available Devices:
 External Microphone:
 Connection:	1/8-Inch Jack
 External Microphone:
 Line In:
 Headphone:
 Speaker:
 Line Out:
 Line Out:
 Line Out:
 S/P-DIF Out:
 Connection:	Combo
 S/P-DIF In:
 Connection:	Combo

I don't even see any error that looks relevant in system.log, install.log, or kernel.log.

Where should I look? Thanks much!

Hi everybody on a GA-P35-DS4 or related boards (GA-(E)P35-**),

Thanks to Tseug, I installed 10.6 on my system back in October, 2009. I had no problems since then. The installers are still a good way to go if you are new, but you might want to update:

- Chameleon 2.0 RC 4 is more recent and has better support for the 64-bit version (http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-20-rc4-is-out)

- fakesmc 2.5 (http://netkas.org/?p=338)

How to:

Download chameleon and rename your old boot file (keep it for backup, I just named it boot.backup) and copy the new boot file into your root directory (don't worry about boot0, boot1, ... they are still working). Restart and see if everything works. I had to make a few changes in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist. I for one I use a nVidia 8600 card and that wasn't recognized after and I had to change the PciRoot to 1. I used the nano editor (not TextEdit) to edit my plist file. For people not familiar with unix and nano: start Terminal under Applications>Utilities. Type: sudo su, Enter: your administrator password, change directory to /Extra (type: cd.. <enter>, cd .. <enter>, cd Extra). Load you plist into the nano editor with: nano com.apple.Boot.plist. And add:

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

(after any other string)

Exit with Ctrl-X and press Y to save new plist file, restart, and your nVidia card should be working again.

Thanks again to tseug, and everybody that came before

(LS8, karaake and of course always netkas & the chameleon team),

aMuse

Hi everybody on a GA-P35-DS4 or related boards (GA-(E)P35-**),

Thanks to Tseug, I installed 10.6 on my system back in October, 2009. I had no problems since then. The installers are still a good way to go if you are new, but you might want to update:

- Chameleon 2.0 RC 4 is more recent and has better support for the 64-bit version (http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-20-rc4-is-out)

- fakesmc 2.5 (http://netkas.org/?p=338)

How to:

Download chameleon and rename your old boot file (keep it for backup, I just named it boot.backup) and copy the new boot file into your root directory (don't worry about boot0, boot1, ... they are still working). Restart and see if everything works. I had to make a few changes in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist. I for one I use a nVidia 8600 card and that wasn't recognized after and I had to change the PciRoot to 1. I used the nano editor (not TextEdit) to edit my plist file. For people not familiar with unix and nano: start Terminal under Applications>Utilities. Type: sudo su, Enter: your administrator password, change directory to /Extra (type: cd.. <enter>, cd .. <enter>, cd Extra). Load you plist into the nano editor with: nano com.apple.Boot.plist. And add:

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

(after any other string)

Exit with Ctrl-X and press Y to save new plist file, restart, and you nVidia card should be working again.

Thanks again to tseug, and everybody that came before

(LS8, karaake and of course always netkas & the chameleon team),

T

Thank you very much. Do you know what's the difference between chameleon2.0 rc4 end pc - efi v 10.6 found here http://netkas.org/?p=372 ?

Hi, I tried to install, but I got a black screen after the apple logo, Then I tried to boot with -v -x and same appear, there's some file loading, and after 2/3 minutes, black screen... I noticed in the verbose mode a launchctl error report, and I guess I saw just before the screen gone black, something related with my graphic card.

I use a Gigabyte EP31-DS3L with a Q6600 and I know some of you successfully install with these... So it might be my graphic card: Nvidia GTX280. Any issue with this card ?

THanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...