[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Vanilla Retail Guide for GA-P35-DS4 and other related boards

tseug

Did it work without issues?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Install check

• Yes (GA-P35-DS4)
    • No (GA-P35-DS4)
    • Yes (Different MB)
    • No (Different MB)

785 posts in this topic

FavleX, you have to let Software Update download the update, then before installing, replace the existing SleepEnabler.kext with the new one found here:

http://files.netkas.org/10.6.2/SleepEnabler.kext.zip

repair permisions, Kext Utility is useful for that, and then you can press "Restart" buttton in the Software update, which installs the update and reboots.

It booted without a problem, writing this from 10.6.2 :whistle:

Just followed your tip but, no way, KP still :-(

The link u posted (SleepEnabler..) doesn't work, I used another one I thought it's the same.

Thanks again

Just followed your tip but, no way, KP still :-(

The link u posted (SleepEnabler..) doesn't work, I used another one I thought it's the same.

Thanks again

To tseug or anyone else who has it -

Can someone please upload tseug's original (post installer bug fix) working installer pack? I need the installer without the graphics enabler addition to DSDT.

I am still having choppy graphics issues with my 8800GT and want to be able to experiment without removing the DSDT.aml file, and try kexts / strings etc.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

everything worked on my GA-P35-DS3R including my GeForce 8800 320MB card. I was able to boot without the CD provided. But i let him do the Update to 10.6.2 and after that the PC does not boot anymore. He gives me a Kernel CPU mis-match error. img0055b.th.jpg

Can I fix this or do I have to install from scratch and just don't update?

PS I have a Core2Duo CPU E6750

Another minor problem is that the 2nd sound card a Creative SB Audigy 2 (Value i think) is not working i tried the MacOS driver for that card.

Thanks for the tutorial. It worked great for my EP35-DS3R / 8600GT.

However, the 10.6.2 Combination Update killed it (well, my test partition, anyway).

Now I get a multi lingual "Your computer needs to reboot" message.

Any ideas on how to fix or avoid this?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Yes I found a solution you have to delete the SleepEnable kext and insert this one instead http://www.kexts.com/view/146-sleepenabler...sx_10.6.2).html. I used the boot CD to boot the install CD and deleted the kext via command line, after that I could boot from Harddisk again and then I installed the new file.

After you delete the kext boot with the -f option.

Yes I found a solution you have to delete the SleepEnable kext and insert this one instead http://www.kexts.com/view/146-sleepenabler...sx_10.6.2).html. I used the boot CD to boot the install CD and deleted the kext via command line, after that I could boot from Harddisk again and then I installed the new file.

After you delete the kext boot with the -f option.

Worked like a charm! Thank you so much!

I had two installs on different partitions. I was able to boot and download the kext with the 10.6.0 version. Then I just opened the "Test" partition that was broken by the 10.6.2 upgrade, with the finder and dropped the kext into the Extras folder.

Rebooted to the Test partition (no problems) and ran the other apple updates. Everything works great!

Thanks again! You are a life saver!

Another minor problem is that the 2nd sound card a Creative SB Audigy 2 (Value i think) is not working i tried the MacOS driver for that card.

My Creative SB Audigy sound card worked with KX Audio Drivers for MacOSX.

But only 3 of 5 speakers...for mp3. I cant copy the sound to other 2 speakers.

hey guys i was playing around with my test partition and have managed to tank my entire setup. I was able to install sl but after i updated to 10.6.2 it killed it. My main problem i am having is when i try to boot to the sl boot disc i get

reading ramdisk imageL bt(0,0) /extra/preboot.dmg

no ramdisk config

mounting: done

and then a bunch of ebios errors

I can boot into my old 10.5 partition but my bootloader is gone and will not come back on reinstall.

I have checked all my bios settings and everything is fine.

ANy ideas why i cant install chameleon or boot to sl boot disc???

I resolved this issue, i had a hdd that was going bad and it was causing the boot loader is fail even from the sl disc, it was just strange because it worked the first time i tried it and then never again after that until I unplugged all my drives except my scratch disc.

Anyway I got 10.6.1 server installed and configured nicely, I did try and do the 10.6.2 the way described early by dling the file and then applying the sleep kext. It didn't work for me but im not to worried about it.

Anyone willing to send me a IORegistryExplorer save file from a working GA-P35-DS4 installation? Mine has been working fine with the exception of very slow writes to my SATA drive, and nothing I've done has fixed it so far. I want to compare interrupt and IO settings against another system.

Thanks!

Hi everybody.

After successfull installation of Snow Leo with tseug metod on Gigabyte EP35-DS3 and update (10.6.1) I would like to make a dual boot with windows xp on other partition.

How do I create other partition without erasing my current installation (I also have time machine partition)? And how do I make dual boot with OSX installed first?

I tried to found a guide but all of them are for situation where windows are installed first.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Hi !

I am newbee but with this great guide/install pack i got SL 10.6.2 working on my GA-P35-DS4 + Nvidea 8800 GTS 640MB, only wake up after sleep is not working (i dont know why).

My question is how can i update the chameleon to version RC4 ? This new version have the option to hide some partitions in the boot menu. I think this is an very useful option. On my PC i see 5 partitions at startup and only 2 can be booted.

Maybe someone can update the install pack with RC4 ?.... ;)

Best regards to all !

Eddi

PS: Great Forum !

Good Evening.

I just want to tell you: Nothing works for me. Absolutely NOTHING.

1. I got a full retail Snow Leopard DVD.

2. I downloaded the stuff on Page 1 and burned the SLISO.iso onto a CD.

3. I got the following Hardware

Q9550

GTX260

Gigabyte P35 DS4 Rev 2.1

4GB G.Skill 1066-RAM

Seagate Barracuda 250GB (S-ATA)

LG-DVD-Burner (S-ATA)

4. I put the boot-cd into the LG-Drive. It says

"cdboot: done"

Then my PC gets stuck.

5. I tried to change from IDE to AHCI before booting with that bootcd. Then this message appears:

EBIOS error xxxxx and something else

This message appears about 4 times, then i can see this blue chameleon-screen. Theres an option called "Boot SL". When im pushing it, it says "Cant load machkernel" or something like this.

I ejected the drive, and let it load again. Same Message.

6. I dont know how to restore the SL-DVD onto a USB-Drive. I dont have Disk Utility, i dont have an MAC.

Can u tell me wtf is going on here? Lots of people tell it works the first try. I really want to try Mac OS X, but im gonna angry now.

Please, help me.

Thanks in advance people!

Step 5: EBIOS error is OK. Take out the "Boot SL"-DVD and put in the Retail Snow Leo DVD. Then press F5.

In german (cuz of your nickname): Die Chameleon CD ist nur dazu da die Snowleopard DVD zu starten und um später das installierte OSX von der Platte zu starten. Es ist quasi der Schlüssel zu OSX. Wenn OSX auf der Platte ist musst du Chameleon installieren. Ich habe einen Installer zum RC3 gefunden. Mit der Hilfe von Installern (besonders der aus diesem Thread) ist die Installation trivial. Allerdings hatte ich Probleme mit meiner 7200GT, da VLC nicht mir dem NVinject laufen wollte. Da musst du dich etwas reinfuchsen.

Hi I have one perfect 10.6 server hackintosh using this guide. I am looking to build another hopefully using this guide but I was looking for a stronger system. I would like to have a mobo that supports i7 and ddr3 and sli. I was also hoping to do raid 0 with two 10k raptors time machined to a 2 terabyte drive. What would be the best mobo/graphics cards if money was not a factor? Also has anyone done a raid 0 this way using this guide?

thanks in advance

This install worked like a charm on my GA-P35-DS3L.

The one problem is that after I installed the GA-P35-DS4 Snow Leopard installer....it killed my PCI Firewire card (TI chipset). It was previously recognized by SL prior to installing the update. No longer recognized.

Anyone have any idea what caused this?

This install worked like a charm on my GA-P35-DS3L.

The one problem is that after I installed the GA-P35-DS4 Snow Leopard installer....it killed my PCI Firewire card (TI chipset). It was previously recognized by SL prior to installing the update. No longer recognized.

Anyone have any idea what caused this?

Which DSDT are you using? Is it one from your system or one that came with the installer? If it is the latter, you should make your own DSDT to reflect your hardware.

Which DSDT are you using? Is it one from your system or one that came with the installer? If it is the latter, you should make your own DSDT to reflect your hardware.

Thanks for the help agrajag. I'm using the one that came with the installer....so that explains why I'm having trouble! Good to know! Regardless, I'm still *very* green at this....so I'll have to learn how to make my own DSDT and try that. I'll post a follow up as I try that.

Again, thanks!! ;)

I followed the instructions and got my GA-P35-DS3G board with nVidia 8600GT to boot fine.

I have Quad Core Intel Processor -- 2.4Ghz

Only thing that didn't work was sound -- this mobo uses ALC662 .. not 888 so, but still no sound.

CPU reported was 3.0 -- Model reported was Mac-PRO!

The other minor annoyance was that if I changed the display setting -- the display went blue -- reboot come up with "new" setting. It had happened with my 10.5.4 .. but went away when I updated the kernel to 10.5.6 I think.

Anyways -- I figured instead of battling first with sound and then updating and having more problems -- why not update to new software.

So I ran the update to 10.6.2 -- of course it crashed --- claiming mis-match of CPU with stored string -- or something like that.

Any help on getting the sound working will be appreciated -- Thanks

Well, after trying a DSDT that I generated myself for my own board, I'm still coming up empty. No firewire recognition, despite seeing the firewire card in system profiler during initial install of the OS.

Any suggestions or help as to how to tackle this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Well, after trying a DSDT that I generated myself for my own board, I'm still coming up empty. No firewire recognition, despite seeing the firewire card in system profiler during initial install of the OS.

Any suggestions or help as to how to tackle this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Hey folks....an update!!

I got Firewire working!!!!

Such a stupid fix...and something I should have considered almost immediately after discovering the problem. Try a different pci slot!!! My Mobo has 3 pci slots...I'm using 2 of them. So I shifted everything down one slot...and BOOM. Everything works. So having said that, I now have what I feel is a 100% working snow leopard build....

Thanks again for the fabulous, pain free guide!!

Now for the next question.

Has anyone gotten snow leopoard using this guide, up to v 10.6.2?

I noticed that, in 10.6.0 I was wifi supplied with IOPCIFamily kext labeled 2.4 Version, now I got the kext 2.6 version coming from the 10.6.2 update, and the wifi card is recognized as not installed, anyone knows how to change a kext 2.4 into a 2.6, so I can get my pci wifi back ??

(netgear pci wg311 Rev A3..) :D

This guide worked flawlessly on my system (GA-P35-DS3R, Q6600, GeForce 8600 GTS). I also managed to triple boot with 7 and Ubuntu. Thanks, tseug! :pirate2:

The 10.6.2 update installed successfully (using the instructions in this thread), but it killed my WiFi. The menu bar icon reports "No AirPort card installed". My card is a D-Link WDA-2320, with Atheros 5212 chipset.

As a workaround, I added my card's manufacturer and device ID to the IONameMatch array of the Info.plist located in /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext/Contents, as so:

<string>pci106c,13</string>

Then, whenever I start a new session, I run the following command:

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext/

I also tried copying the modified IO80211Family.kext to /Extra/Extensions and giving it the same permissions and ownership as the other kexts in that folder, but for some reason it doesn't get loaded.

Any ideas?