[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Vanilla Retail Guide for GA-P35-DS4 and other related boards

tseug

Did it work without issues?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Install check

• Yes (GA-P35-DS4)
    • No (GA-P35-DS4)
    • Yes (Different MB)
    • No (Different MB)

785 posts in this topic

hej i like the stuff you do ... i d like to donate...

ohh ... its working OK on GA p35 ds4.

only one think its that its not working properly .. automatic sleep, but whenn i go and press the sleep bottons than the cmputer goes to sleep

soo TAHNK U

greets from Slovenia

To amigafred91 that would be really good if you could sent me the dsdt file. I have all most gave up. Thank you so much. Hope you will save me losing my hair. lol.

Good luck with the clean install 10.6.0 -> 10.6.4 with the combo update. Let us know how you get on.

Thank you

I all.

I'll sent you my dsdt.aml if you send me your email :(

If someone can help me to intall a gf 9500 GT 512 mo for this hack ... it'll be very very nice ^^

Elsewhere, installing the combo update from 10.6.0 to 10.6.4 is good, if you delete sleepenabler.kext in Extra ^^

I am getting really fed up now, lol I got everything working now. but No Sound.

Added EFI stuff to apple.boot.plist.

I try draging patcher.rb to Terminal to make DSDT file and put in Extras folder.

Used the Installer in this post

3rd parties kexts.

Can any one help me. I am doing wrong. Cant understand. I all working in 10.5.7. :queen:

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GA-P35-DS4 10.6.4 Snow Leopard sound fix

Update to 10.6.4 killed Sound. I got it back with VoodooHDA 0.2.62 (experimental):

If it´s not loaded in /Extra/Extensions, put it into S-L-E.

If it´s still not loading, but could be loaded manually in terminal with kextload /Extra/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext (or wherever you put it), install VoodooHDA 32&64bit with CrackleFix, to load and unload the kext automatically before/after sleep.

This also gives you the Preference Pane to set input gain higher, since the experimental kext seems to have a lower volume than kext 6.0.

If you install the Crackle Fix Package, make sure to afterwars replace the VoodooHDA.kext in that package with the experimental 0.2.62 one, since the Crackle fix kext didin´t have the right exact codec for the 889. Don´t forget to fix permissions, to rebuild cache and to restart.

Pref Pane and older VoodooHDA

http://www.kexts.com/view/188-voodoohda_32...cracklefix.html

Experimental VoodooDA 0.2.62

http://www.kexts.com/view/423-voodoohda.html

I haven´t checked, if a newer Version of the Pref Pane exists or has better features.

--------

You fix permissions in the corresponding directory in the terminal as root with:

chown -R 0:0 VoodooHDA.kext

chmod -R 755 VoodooHDA.kext

And you rebuild the cache with:

kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

and

kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions

----

Issues: Strangely enough, sometimes the Sound isn´t loaded automatically after sleep, still manually it loads, strange... but should be an easy fix.

Happy computing!

penguinX

edit...

Ah, indeed I got kernel panics with that VoodooHDA. Sorry.

But no big deal, I did as I was told, opened my dsdt.aml (I used the one provided in the 1st post of this thread) with DSDT Editor, clicked on make text editable, and replaced the HDEF section with:

/* Fix - Disable AppleHDA.kext auto loading to use VoodooHDA.kext
Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Name (_S3D, 0x03)
Name (RID, Zero)
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
	0x05,
	0x04
})
Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
{
	Noop
}
}
Fix End */

Source: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=211705

Come on, no big deal, try that!

Then you have it recompile, save and replace your old version with it. VoodooHDA is the pilot now-

It has been only one day of testing today, but I haven´t had a panic since.

Y-E-E-ESS!!!!!

It's working!!!

I follow your guide - and... Bingo!!! now I have fully working SL on my comp:

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L

4 Gb RAM

Forsa GeForce 8600GT 256Mb

3 SATA HDDs (1 - Mac OS X 10.5.8, 2 - Windows 7, 3 - Snow Leopard :(:D:D )

Thank you VERY-VERY MUCH!!!

PS Sorry for my terrible English  :censored2:

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using this installer on a GA-P35-DS3 and upon booting from the HDD I get this

Version mis-match between Kernel and CPU PM''@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.7.4/osfmk/i386/pmCPU.c:706

I can still only boot from an [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] DVD.

Any idea's how to solve that issue

edit: Replaced with full error line now

edit 2: If I remove the SleepEnabler Kext file, it doesn't panic... but then it just hangs on an grey apple screen with spinning icon

Hello everyone.

Just a short question, is the new Snow Leopard Graphic-Update 1.0 save for P35-ds4 users with edited strings in com.apple.boot.plist (in order to get my GTX 260 HTDP to work) or could it be a risk?

If the latter is the case I think I'd better stay away from this update as I don't want to kill my sytem.

Many thanks.

EDIT:

Updated today and so far everything seems to be OK.

• 2 months later...

sorry for bumping an old thread, but this was too freakin' easy!

I had 10.5.8 on GA-P35-DS3P.

Installed onto same partition, over leopard, without formatting, following instructions in post #1

Snow Leopard is working perfectly, all apps still there as installed previously...

audio works fine, graphics fine, everything fine!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet, but plan to backup system, and give it a whizz! Would have to be today when i'm especially busy :);)

Good luck everyone who does an update, let us know if it was successful, or if it breaks anything, as will I when I get round to updating =]

Updated my GA-X38-DS5 OSX Retail install (Chameleon) using software update to 10.6.5

Before the update, I've set pmVersion=21 for sleepenabler in the boot plist AND I copied the 10.6.4 IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext to /Extra/Extensions as many reported USB problems (not only on hackintoshes)

Then I performed the update.

Everything still works.

Have to remove the /E/E USB kexts to see if I'm also affected by the USB issues.

Updated successfully to 10.6.5 the way pan-pan explained above (I also replaced the sleepenabler.kext with the one from the link he has posted). I did not change anything else (no changes in boot.plist and no new/old kexts).

No probs so far.

Still not sure about the uncommented link that was posted by MaLd0n (as there can be found a lot of new files like a new/other DSDT-Patcher and new chameleon RC5) and I have no clue whether it would be better to use some of them or not, but maybe someone can shed some light on this?

But nevertheless many thanks to all those nice people here - I am very happy with my hackintosh. :)

I updated to 10.6.5 and had 100% working system then I installed your Chameleon rc5 and computer won't boot anymore, I tried everything. I'm devastated I had working hackintosh for more than one year.

How to get back to Rc3. Please help.

I got this kernel panic:

DSC032482Medium.jpg

if i set pmVersion=0 it freezes on apple logo ;)