[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Vanilla Retail Guide for GA-P35-DS4 and other related boards

tseug

Did it work without issues?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Install check

• Yes (GA-P35-DS4)
    • No (GA-P35-DS4)
    • Yes (Different MB)
    • No (Different MB)

785 posts in this topic

Hello,

i want to do a new install of snow-leopard 10.6.3. on my ep-35-ds3p.

What is the best way to achieve 10.6.3. when you install from scratch? Will i have to go through the guide from post #1 to the last post which is #606? Hell!!!

Or is there a better way?

Thanks for the brilliant guide,

Adam

Hello, i want to do a new install of snow-leopard 10.6.3. on my ep-35-ds3p.

What is the best way to achieve 10.6.3. when you install from scratch? Will i have to go through the guide from post #1 to the last post which is #606? Hell!!! Or is there a better way?

I think post #1 should probably do it plus what you see on this page in regards to 10.6.3. It's usually safest to download and install the combo-update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1017. Note: I'm on the older DS4 and running 10.6.2, haven't gotten around to updating to 10.6.3 yet - though I have updated my MacBook just fine. Good luck!

Ill start this off by listing my specs:

GA-P35-DS3L motherboard

500gb hd

2 gb ram

Geforce 8500 GT

i want to know can i use my snow leopard disk that came with my macbook?

and will i have any problems?

cheers

PS: im new to this stuff but im not a noob

Ill start this off by listing my specs:

GA-P35-DS3L motherboard

500gb hd

2 gb ram

Geforce 8500 GT

i want to know can i use my snow leopard disk that came with my macbook?

and will i have any problems?

cheers

PS: im new to this stuff but im not a noob

You can't. The snow leopard disk that came with your macbook is only for macbooks. You have to "buy" snow leopard retail disk.

Just thought I would chime in with this tidbit -- I recently noticed that my mouse cursor was very jerky under SL 10.6.2. I combed through threads and found references to AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext, which does some HDCP {censored} that apparently does not mesh well with NVIDIA 8800 and 9800 cards. I disabled this kext (kextunload /System/Library/Extentensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext) and voila! Everything is fine now.

Thanks everyone!

Im going to try it out with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, ACL889A Integrated soundcard, 2GB memory, SATA disk and DVD. Using the SLBOOT.img. I will come back and write about how it all ended up.

Edit: Oh, and Intel Core Duo Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz

Going to do it tru VMware, so i guess i dont need to worry about the saving bios settings?

I can't get the sound to work. I what I am doing wrong? Anyway can help.

I have the GA-P35-DS4 Ver. 2.1 Mac OS X 10.6.3

Network works

Graphics works.

Firewire works.

No sound

No Sleep (Sleeps ok, but when I wake it up. starts to wake up but nothing.)

has anyone got the dsdt.aml - i think it might be this is the problem. not sure.

Hope someone help me.

Thank you

I have just update my system to 10.6.3.

The download 10.6.3 combo update and before restart i replace sleepenabler with this one http://www.meklort.com/?p=167

Everything works great. I have GA-p35-ds4 end q6600, My gpu is 9300gt.

I finally updated to 10.6.3 successfully ;) . Here are the steps I followed:

1. Downloaded 10.6.3 Combo Update from apple.com (didn't use Software Update)

2. Backup kexts in /Extra/Extensions (just in case)

3. deleted /Extra/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext

4. Ran the combo 10.6.3 updater - NO REBOOT

5. copied in the new SleepEnabler.kext into /Extra/Extensions/

6. Authorized SleepEnabler.kext via:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Extra/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

7. Rebooted

Finally, because I have an ATI x1950PRO video card, I needed to update my video drivers (the update caused QE functionality to not work). Insanelymac-er VooD has updated bronya's x1950 package to work with 10.6.3 - see here. I downloaded the revised package and executed the included load.command file and had video functionality successfully restored.

Hi guys - I own a mainboard P35-ds4 rev 1 from gigabyte .... all work ok, but I have to use kext's for sound... I wonder... can we obtain sound directly with dsdt ? with no kext ? if yes ... can some one post the needed dsdt config ? I use chameleon as bootloader .... Also, if not, what is the best kext for this mb (a kext for extra... that maybe allow us to have digital out, analog out, mic in or maybe 5.1 ???) so far, it seem that nobody is still interested on this mb, so maybe this post will reignite the fire .....

Make sure you have set the bios setting right. If you don't it well not start the cd. I had same problem before. When I set the bois right it works ok.

I have already Leopard 10.5.6 installed and everything works just fine. Shouldn't it work with SL as well?

Everything works now :) Andrewvideo was right. I overlooked one tiny bit in BIOS ;)

After that installation went without problems on GA-EP45-UD3LR with GeForce 9600GT 512MB.

Audio was enabled with ALC888 installer and video with EFI Studio (apparently 7300GT 512MB string works fine with 9600GT 512MB).

Right now i have to install 10.6.3 update and that's it!

Thank you all for this thread and support!

Everything works now :) Andrewvideo was right. I overlooked one tiny bit in BIOS :thumbsup_anim:

After that installation went without problems on GA-EP45-UD3LR with GeForce 9600GT 512MB.

Audio was enabled with ALC888 installer and video with EFI Studio (apparently 7300GT 512MB string works fine with 9600GT 512MB).

Right now i have to install 10.6.3 update and that's it!

Thank you all for this thread and support!

Have you got the The builded Snow Leopard ALC888 Installer

Cheers

Hi guys,

I am in desperate need of some help on my particular problem.

Since upgrading from 10.6.2 to 10.6.3, I have totally lost all QE/CI on my Asus 8800GT TOP (512MB). When I look under Graphics in System Profiler it just shows a 32MB Nvidia device, however under 10.6.2 it shows correctly as a 512MB nVidia 8800GT. I have also lost the transparency effect in OSX, as well as all the smooth animations that happen when you open Applications or Utilities.

So far I have tried different Chameleon packages, complete reinstalls of OX, EFI strings (under Extra folder as well as Library/System Preferances etc), different ports on the graphics card (just displays a black background), NVinstallers etc. But all this always results in the same problem :P

Please can anyone shed any light on this?...

It works 100% perfect under 10.6.2, but as soon as I upgrade to 10.6.3 (I do update the SleepEnabler kext upon the upgrade) everything messes up on the graphics card settings (I do still get 1920x1080 resolution though).

Cheers,

davejones

PS This guide was used to install OSX 10.6 on my GA-P35-DS4 v2.1 perfectly! Q6600 3.0GHz, 8GB DDR2 1000GHz, Asus 8800GT TOP 512MB.

hello

just to say it worked flawlessly with my E-P35-DS4

also don't upgrade immediately to 10.6.3 otherwise the snow leopard pkg will fail.

big up to this tutorial :P

Hi guys,

I am in desperate need of some help on my particular problem.

Since upgrading from 10.6.2 to 10.6.3, I have totally lost all QE/CI on my Asus 8800GT TOP (512MB). When I look under Graphics in System Profiler it just shows a 32MB Nvidia device, however under 10.6.2 it shows correctly as a 512MB nVidia 8800GT. I have also lost the transparency effect in OSX, as well as all the smooth animations that happen when you open Applications or Utilities.

So far I have tried different Chameleon packages, complete reinstalls of OX, EFI strings (under Extra folder as well as Library/System Preferances etc), different ports on the graphics card (just displays a black background), NVinstallers etc. But all this always results in the same problem :(

Please can anyone shed any light on this?...

It works 100% perfect under 10.6.2, but as soon as I upgrade to 10.6.3 (I do update the SleepEnabler kext upon the upgrade) everything messes up on the graphics card settings (I do still get 1920x1080 resolution though).

Cheers,

davejones

PS This guide was used to install OSX 10.6 on my GA-P35-DS4 v2.1 perfectly! Q6600 3.0GHz, 8GB DDR2 1000GHz, Asus 8800GT TOP 512MB.

hello try the netkas enabler