[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Vanilla Retail Guide for GA-P35-DS4 and other related boards

tseug

Did it work without issues?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Install check

• Yes (GA-P35-DS4)
    • No (GA-P35-DS4)
    • Yes (Different MB)
    • No (Different MB)

785 posts in this topic

I manage to do installation but a bit weird way. 1st, I try do installation & it went smooth until the time arrived I want to install Chemeleon & EFI where I encounter error say "I cant install chameleon inside my GIUD SL installation".

To make it works, Ive installed Chameleon & EFI into my GUID partition before doing the installation of SL.

Then only I can do the clean install. Do you guys encounter the same?

the system drive on my hakintosh is currently corrupt, so i just want to install snow leopard onto it from scratch after i format the drive.

i have a macbook running snow leopard, and can USB connect the blank drive (used for the hakintosh) to the macbook.

would you recommend your guide for this purpose?

You may be able to install SL, but I would recommend against installing the package this way. I'd go with the boot CD. It seems a bit strange to try something else before trying what worked for a lot of people.

I manage to do installation but a bit weird way. 1st, I try do installation & it went smooth until the time arrived I want to install Chemeleon & EFI where I encounter error say "I cant install chameleon inside my GIUD SL installation".

Why install Chameleon? The package already does that.

Used this guide and everything went fine. Thanks to the OP.

GA-P35-DS3L

Core 2 Quad Q6600

EVGA 8800GT

8GB RAM

300GB Raptor

Two questions tho:

1. When the machine wakes from sleep, I get the "Device was not unplugged properly" or whatever error for my USB drive. How do I remedy this?

2. Can I boot into the 64 bit kernel with my setup? I tried holding down 64 at boot but nothing happened.

Used this guide and everything went fine. Thanks to the OP.

GA-P35-DS3L

Core 2 Quad Q6600

EVGA 8800GT

8GB RAM

300GB Raptor

Two questions tho:

1. When the machine wakes from sleep, I get the "Device was not unplugged properly" or whatever error for my USB drive. How do I remedy this?

You need to modify the DSDT.aml with a USB fix. I couldn't make it work properly with my setup, so I didn't add it.

2. Can I boot into the 64 bit kernel with my setup? I tried holding down 64 at boot but nothing happened.

Yes. Remove arch=x86_32 from the kernel flags string in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

You need to modify the DSDT.aml with a USB fix. I couldn't make it work properly with my setup, so I didn't add it.

Yes. Remove arch=x86_32 from the kernel flags string in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

Remove it or change it x86_64? I figured this would do it, I just didn't want to take a chance and break my install.

Dya mean when the install IS done, I can remove the bootcd & directly boot with my SL partition?

If you've followed the steps in the guide, the install is done when it says you're done.

Remove it or change it x86_64? I figured this would do it, I just didn't want to take a chance and break my install.

You can change it, if you like. Same result.

Hi,

i'm having sound issues when starting with "arch=x86_64". Used the AppleHDA.kext from page 1.

Sound works flawless in 32bit, in 64bit when starting a sound the first 1,5 seconds of frest opened mp3 are choppy and with crack noises then it goes back to normal.

Disabled C.I.A. in bios (Version F9 because this has an excellent fan control, with F10 my fan is louder).

Anybody else has this issue?

Another problem i have is that Adobe Premiese CS4 (bought original!) Kernel panics my hackintosh after 1 or 2 minutes of cutting (using HD video from cam).

And no wake up after sleep...

Any ideas?

Forgive me for those questions but i am n00b on hackintosh and i need some instructions. :D

On the install of Snow Leopard, things get stuck on "Time Remaining : 29 Minutes" like the screenshot i took.

I can move the mouse or go to the top menu, but nothing seems to work for installation and i cant hear nothing from DVD-ROM. Totally silent . :P

p0211091739.th.jpg

Sata HDD, Sata Dvd ROM.

My mobo is P35-DS3R.

I put the boot CD, then Chameleon start --< Mac OS Leopard Install and make my HDD to GUID (erase etc).

But install never completes.

Do something wrong?

My HDD is just empty after erase etc, not another version of Mac OS X.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english! :)

ps. Congratulations for your guide and other members for keeping this up!

"6) Install GA-P35-DS4 Snow Leopard Installer."

So this step will install chameleon & efi? Am I correct?

i don't know what you mean by installing efi, but it installs Chameleon, yes. The /boot file is from Netkas instead of Chameleon RC3.

Hi,

I am new to this stuff here and tried to get help by reading different topics, but i really don't know how to solve the setup boot prob. Maybe someone can help?

My config is: GA-P35-DS (F14), Q6600 2,4GHz, Gainward Radeon 4870, 4GB RAM and a fresh and unformatted HITACHI 500GB HDD.

After using chameleon 2.0 RC3 bootloader. 10.6 setup DVD hangs at "applertl8169Ethernet: Ethernet Address xx:xx:xx:xx...". I waited more than 30 min. but nothing happened.? Anyone have an idea?

plz help

post-520176-1257356080_thumb.jpg

This worked for me in the sense that I was able to install SL. However, I have three recurring problems.

1. USB Disks eject randomly, throwing errors

2. Audio skips when playing back MP3 files using VLC

3. eSata connections basically freeze after about 10 minutes

Anyone have any ideas?

This worked great on my GA-EX38-DS4 with the specs in my sig. My rig is running 100%, including S3 sleep, no random USB ejections, no issues whatsoever after running 3 weeks. I do have a couple of lessons to pass along:

1. The script wouldn't complete if I had my onboard ethernet adapters disabled in the bios (I have a PCIx card because the drivers never worked properly with the onboard lan)

2. Something that drove me nuts, and took forever to search for was that Itunes doesn't like your LAN to be anything but EN0, so it wouldn't let me connect to the store until I modified my LAN prefs plist to force my add on LAN to be EN0.

Other than that, no real issues, it's rock solid, Thanks tseug!

Hi,

I am new to this stuff here and tried to get help by reading different topics, but i really don't know how to solve the setup boot prob. Maybe someone can help?

My config is: GA-P35-DS (F14), Q6600 2,4GHz, Gainward Radeon 4870, 4GB RAM and a fresh and unformatted HITACHI 500GB HDD.

After using chameleon 2.0 RC3 bootloader. 10.6 setup DVD hangs at "applertl8169Ethernet: Ethernet Address xx:xx:xx:xx...". I waited more than 30 min. but nothing happened.? Anyone have an idea?

plz help

Can someone help?

Can someone help?

In all probability, your issue is related to your graphics card. If you have an older NVidia graphics card you will most likely be able to install with this card. You can then probably make it work with the Netkas boot file. take a look at netkas.org

This worked great on my GA-EX38-DS4 with the specs in my sig. My rig is running 100%, including S3 sleep, no random USB ejections, no issues whatsoever after running 3 weeks. I do have a couple of lessons to pass along:

1. The script wouldn't complete if I had my onboard ethernet adapters disabled in the bios (I have a PCIx card because the drivers never worked properly with the onboard lan)

2. Something that drove me nuts, and took forever to search for was that Itunes doesn't like your LAN to be anything but EN0, so it wouldn't let me connect to the store until I modified my LAN prefs plist to force my add on LAN to be EN0.

Other than that, no real issues, it's rock solid, Thanks tseug!

Well, I spoke too soon. I had just run a time machine backup for the first time before I posted this, and it completed successfully (after formatting my backup drive), but now it keeps doing a full new backup every hour, rather than just an incremental. Anybody know what's going on here? (the Insanely Mac search doesn't seem to be working right now, and I can't seem to get the right keywords for Google to give me an answer, so forgive me if this has been covered before)

Hi, tseug ; since I overclock my CPU, I like to keep track of the temperature. I use iStat Menus to track various system data but it currently can't pickup CPU sensors (though it does read hard drive temps OK). So, I was very interested in reading this recent insanelymac thread about a modified fakeSMC.kext that enables CPU temperature sensors for iStat Menus.

Since your installer includes fakeSMC.kext, would you consider adding this modification? If it is not of interest or would cause problems, then I can try to do it independently.

Thanks for your great work - I continue to enjoy my Hack. -_-

Hi, tseug ; since I overclock my CPU, I like to keep track of the temperature. I use iStat Menus to track various system data but it currently can't pickup CPU sensors (though it does read hard drive temps OK). So, I was very interested in reading this recent insanelymac thread about a modified fakeSMC.kext that enables CPU temperature sensors for iStat Menus.

Since your installer includes fakeSMC.kext, would you consider adding this modification? If it is not of interest or would cause problems, then I can try to do it independently.

Thanks for your great work - I continue to enjoy my Hack. :thumbsup_anim:

Yes, if somebody tests something and it works, I'll add it unless there is a compelling reason not to. :)

Probably not before 10.6.2 comes out, though.

I already have a 10.5.5 Kalyway install on my hard drive in a GUID Partition. Am I safe to do this Chameleon/10.6 install on a second partition on the drive and then remove the old one when done?

(Nice to have a backup plan)

It may or may not work. I'll take the opportunity to make a general comment:

I'll probably never say that something is safe. The safe choice is to buy a computer from Apple. I own a Macbook myself and consider it a great buy. The only thing you can be sure of is that this guide has been testing numerous times on my computer, and it works for me. Beyond that all bets are off. I consider the Hackintosh project to be great for people who like to tinker with their computers, but even though a lot of progress has been made it is still a DIY type of project and probably always will be.

I encourage people to test things out and report the result but I can't and won't test out the almost infinite number of hardware/software configurations out there. In this, as in all things, you get what you pay for.

Hi, first of all thanks a lot to tseug for ur wokr done.

Then, my prob.

Just tried the installation usb thumb drive based, but, after got a correct installation of SL and the installer, I stuck on KP every time.

I installed the last chameleon RC3, copied the same boot.plist that I'm using on a 10.5 working installation..my hard drive is GUID formatted...

Where I did wrong?

getting a bit frustrated :D

Hi, first of all thanks a lot to tseug for ur wokr done.

Then, my prob.

Just tried the installation usb thumb drive based, but, after got a correct installation of SL and the installer, I stuck on KP every time.

I installed the last chameleon RC3, copied the same boot.plist that I'm using on a 10.5 working installation..my hard drive is GUID formatted...

Where I did wrong?

getting a bit frustrated :D

Why do you install Chameleon?

Why do you install Chameleon?

well..I got it installed the previous version so I thought it was necessary an update for getting the right boot file ... :unsure:

we must note that I tried it on a hard drive with two others leo working osx, if it's any help.