[TOTALLY VANILLA] Retail Snow Leopard

MACinized

530 posts in this topic

lee majors,

There are couple of guides exactly for your board. Some guys even posted modified dsdt.aml's.

thedomsta,

1) Look for Device (RTC0). On my Asus board it is RTC0, on the DFI is just RTC. Tip: In TextEdit search for Device (RTC - you can't miss it !

2) In Mac OS X KEXTs are something like the drivers in Windows. Name comes from Kernel Extensions. These 5 modified kexts are the essential ones for SL to work. Although some say that with well edited DSDT.aml only two of them (can't remember which ones exactly) are needed. You can install kexts for your hardware later in the OS itself.

3) I came upon this error once, but i cannot remember what causes it or what is the solution. Search the forum.

hi guys,

I use a P5Q-L Pro ... i cant get Sound to working in SL ?!

any idea ? I put in ALC1200_1056 files ... HDAEnabler.kext / AppleHDA.kext / ALC1200fix.kext and voodooHDA.kext

but after restart I still have no Audio ?! Any idea ? its activated in BIOS to HD sound .... shoul I put it to AC97 ?

... dont have any idea !?

hi guys,

I use a P5Q-L Pro ... i cant get Sound to working in SL ?!

any idea ? I put in ALC1200_1056 files ... HDAEnabler.kext / AppleHDA.kext / ALC1200fix.kext and voodooHDA.kext

but after restart I still have no Audio ?! Any idea ? its activated in BIOS to HD sound .... shoul I put it to AC97 ?

... dont have any idea !?

Did you put them(your custom kexts) in the Kexts folder then run the UPdater ?.

Hey All,

Has anyone figured out a fix to this issue:

Everything boots through the verbose screen but there is no installer window just a gray screen. The cursor appears shortly after and then about a minute later it turns into the pinwheel (sometimes the pinwheel stutters). It does not proceed any farther--I left it alone for 3 hours. I tried -x -s -f and cpus=1 (that helped when I installed iAtkos v7) but no combination helps. I'll keep playing around and post if I find a fix.

Also, the keyboard and trackpad don't seem to work after chameleon but the usb mouse does. I would connect a usb keyboard if I had one. If anyone has this problem and also has a usb keyboard I would try that.

Thanks!

PS: This issue has been brought up before but was never responded to. Thought I would try to breathe life back into it.

Hey All,

Has anyone figured out a fix to this issue:

Everything boots through the verbose screen but there is no installer window just a gray screen. The cursor appears shortly after and then about a minute later it turns into the pinwheel (sometimes the pinwheel stutters). It does not proceed any farther--I left it alone for 3 hours. I tried -x -s -f and cpus=1 (that helped when I installed iAtkos v7) but no combination helps. I'll keep playing around and post if I find a fix.

Also, the keyboard and trackpad don't seem to work after chameleon but the usb mouse does. I would connect a usb keyboard if I had one. If anyone has this problem and also has a usb keyboard I would try that.

Thanks!

PS: This issue has been brought up before but was never responded to. Thought I would try to breathe life back into it.

As I have found out by trail and error that you are in panic mode and no not have the right kext loaded.

i am able to boot in 64 bit mood but wen i shut down or restart the computer and try to boot again i get a KP. i have to reaply all the kext and dsdt and then it will boot in 64 bit again... when in 64 bit i get no Kp it operates fine, but once shut down or restarted... upon the next booting it will give kernel panic..

i tried few things and it seem to be once i boot in 64 and access the internet or try to use the ethernet wen it restart/shutdown it will have Kp wen booting up so does any1 know wat i can do to fix this as to get it stable and i dont have to re-applying the kexts and dsdt?

hello, just tried your guide and everything was mostly successful until when i tried to boot into my snowleopard install drive. The error i get occurs when i immediately boot into the drive: KP about IOPlatformExpert.cpp: 1389. i attached a picture, but i'm not sure if you can see anything...

Thanks for the guide and thanks in advanced for response!

bump!!!... heh hate to press it but any vague ideas?... some googling brought about possibility that it was the usb harddrive i was using. However i tried it on my ext. harddrive, int. harddrive, and usb key (which wouldn't boot up at all and is not really applicable...)

... Anyone else have this issue or anything?

hey guys i need some help.

i followed they guide on my msi wind u 100 and i sucesfuly instaled snow leopard. BUT i can only boot with the usb bootloader stucked in and i have no wifi and the resolution is 800x600. somehow the macloader doesnt update anything.

this uuid error 35 also comes up. i changed mac adres but still nothing works. what can i do to have wifi and change resolution?

Thanks for this great guide! It was kinda my last hope, but regardless which method of installing SL I use - I'm stuck at the same screen everytime.

post-466429-1256731372_thumb.jpg

I'm running a P5B with an ATI X1900XT Graphics card, 10.5.8 Vanilla works great, but I just can't get this thing to boot.

Can you help?

I'm going to be attempting to use this guide to install on a DG965WH motherboard (haven't seen much about this motherboard around the forums).

Is there anything in particular that I should pay attention to or changes to the guide posted for this motherboard?

I've got a single hard drive currently with Windows 7 and OS X Leopard. As I understand it I will have to blow away both of those installations so that I can reformat the drive to use GUID partition system. Is that correct?

I'm currently in the process of reading through all 18 pages so that I can get as much information as possible before the attempt.

Thanks for this great guide! It was kinda my last hope, but regardless which method of installing SL I use - I'm stuck at the same screen everytime.

post-466429-1256731372_thumb.jpg

I'm running a P5B with an ATI X1900XT Graphics card, 10.5.8 Vanilla works great, but I just can't get this thing to boot.

Can you help?

Same here.

been try 'ng a dozen of tutorials to install snow on a Asus P5K deluxe, alway ending up with the screen like you

Asus P5K deluxe

ATI X1300

E6600 Dual Core

there must be someting to fix this , i hope

i need a little help please

after building my usb installer when i try to install SL and get to the part to choose which drive to install on there are no drives just the usb stick. what am i missing?

Ok i changed my bios setting to AHCI and now i see the drives.

But There orange i read about this but cant remember where or what the fix was. anyone???

i am almost certain after install i will have no sound and my display will be stuck at 1024x768 what will i need to do to correct this ????

{censored} new issue system rebooted half way through install now what.

i didnt add any kexts yet just the ones recomended is this why

Ok I finally booted into SL I was taking the USB stick out after the install and trying to boot,

I didn't realize I needed to boot from it and then go to other options, oops.

I have a couple a issues though first

how can I boot without the USB stick? fixed i missed this part in the tutorial.

My video is stuck at 1024x768 and I don't have sound.

Any help would be great thanks.

Same here.

been try 'ng a dozen of tutorials to install snow on a Asus P5K deluxe, alway ending up with the screen like you

Asus P5K deluxe

ATI X1300

E6600 Dual Core

there must be someting to fix this , i hope

Now i 've try 'd it with this, and went flawless

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/

restored 10,6 tot 1st partition, installed the MyHack installer

and it booted right away.

install also went fine.

then used the VoodooHDA.kext to get my sound running.

all good so far. :)

Yihaa

I used this method to install SL on my Acer Extensa 5220 (as mentioned in another thread for OSX Leopard.

Fairly easy install without any troubles or extra special ktext, only post install Kext was for my PS2 keyboard and mouse offcourse.

Out of the box:

• Graphics using the X3100 adapter
  • Wireless (Broadcom based)

Only things to sort out:

• Azalia 268 sound kext

Thanks any happy typing on my cheap HackMac!! :rolleyes:

great guide. thanks so much!

my first experience setting up a hackintosh. i now have snow leo running smoothly on an asus p6t6 ws revolution. was a little uneasy in the beginning do to the fact that i was unable to find anyone else running that mobo, but everything went smooth.

thanks again!

Great tutorial! i finally got snow running on my hackintosh (ASUS P5LP-LE - ICH-7).

shutdown, restart, sleep works, video (7500LE 512) fully working with efi string, ethernet (intel 100/PRO VE) working with leopard kexts.

i fixed sound ALC888 with this - ALC 888 Snow leopard

is there a way to make audio work from DSDT.aml? the kext work fine, but i don't have 5.1 . can i fix that through DSDT?

10x for a great tutorial!!!