[TOTALLY VANILLA] Retail Snow Leopard

MACinized

530 posts in this topic

I followed the instructions and read pretty much the entire post. However, when ever I try and boot from the USB I get kernel panic.

I tried some of the suggestions. I used the minimum kexts. I tried the dsmos.kext. I tried the removing smbios.plist. I even attempted editing smbios.plist (although that was unlikely to be that helpful, since I barely knew what I was doing)

However, I still get the same KP. It appears to be something about com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily.

post-492054-1253594424_thumb.jpg

I searched around about this, but haven't come up with anything so far.

Any ideas?

Could it be my DSDT.aml? Something else?

Thanks.

Hi I have question I have tried your guide on three of my computers and run into the same problem on all of them on the first step getting the dsdt when I run the program it works and I find a copy of the fixed dsdt-fixed.dsl in the tool file but when I search for the Device (RTC) it is not found ? When I first run the GetDSDT" file it does work but it says no program can open it so I use text edit to open it is this what I should be using ? . Im a bit confused I know it is some thing simple but I'm running out of ideas . Can someone point me in the right direction all tell me what thing I'm overlooking .

Hi I have question I have tried your guide on three of my computers and run into the same problem on all of them on the first step getting the dsdt when I run the program it works and I find a copy of the fixed dsdt-fixed.dsl in the tool file but when I search for the Device (RTC) it is not found ? When I first run the GetDSDT" file it does work but it says no program can open it so I use text edit to open it is this what I should be using ? . Im a bit confused I know it is some thing simple but I'm running out of ideas . Can someone point me in the right direction all tell me what thing I'm overlooking .

Yes that is what you open it with and use the find feature to find your string then save it before proceed to the next step.

I followed the instructions and read pretty much the entire post. However, when ever I try and boot from the USB I get kernel panic.

I tried some of the suggestions. I used the minimum kexts. I tried the dsmos.kext. I tried the removing smbios.plist. I even attempted editing smbios.plist (although that was unlikely to be that helpful, since I barely knew what I was doing)

However, I still get the same KP. It appears to be something about com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily.

post-492054-1253594424_thumb.jpg

I searched around about this, but haven't come up with anything so far.

Any ideas?

Could it be my DSDT.aml? Something else?

Thanks.

Try and disable IDE / ATA, use only SATA..

Success ! Thanks MACinized ! :)

The only thing is that i had to add dsmos.kext for 10.6 from netkas' site. I do not know if they are the same with stell's blog, but i think this is what Grayson should at least try, because i had the same problem like his - a stop after around "Waiting for DSMOS..."

Now with netkas' kext it says "DSMOS has arrived" and SL loads.

EDIT : Any ideas about the ALC882 and SL ?

Ok it looks like I have been using the right program to open it but i still can not find the dsdt (rtc) line even using find to search for it .

Use only the word "Device" for searching because on some machines, like mine, it is Device (RTC0).

Hello,

I cant get step 2 to show the file to edit.

"2. Open 1_DSDT_Patcher folder and double-click the "1_GetDSDT" file.

3. When "dsdt-fixed.dsl" file is opened, look for the "Device (RTC)" line."

It just runs and says completed but the dsdt-fixed.dsl does not show so I can't edit. Am I missing something?

Hello,

I cant get step 2 to show the file to edit.

"2. Open 1_DSDT_Patcher folder and double-click the "1_GetDSDT" file.

3. When "dsdt-fixed.dsl" file is opened, look for the "Device (RTC)" line."

It just runs and says completed but the dsdt-fixed.dsl does not show so I can't edit. Am I missing something?

use TextEdit to open the "dsdt-fixed.dsl" file. it's inside the Tools folder of 1_DSDT_Patcher.

I finally got everything working but sleep. It wasn't DSMOS.kext I needed. Honestly don't know what it was but ended up using Macinized instructions up through the install then bootting back to 10.5.8 on another drive and using the the preinstall automator to add kext and my own custom DSDT that would not work until after install. Sleep will not work and is driving me mad. My extra kexts are:

post-165087-1253726357_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, my system profiler lists the high speed USB bus as built in but all the regular USB bus's as expansion slots and it shows all my USB peripherals plugged into reg USB when I know they are all USB 2/high speed. I have BIOS F6 and I did edit my DSDT to inlcude the EHCI and SATA fixes, NVidia 8800 GTS and & ALC888. Is there another DSDT fix for sleep I am not aware of?

Mykexts.tiff

After struggling for a couple of nights, finally i manage to get it to install and boot up from SL, however I still don't have sound and graphic card doesn't work. If anyone success to get ALC883 Audio and Nvidia 8600GTS to work with SL I love to hear from you . Thanks in advance.

After struggling for a couple of nights, finally i manage to get it to install and boot up from SL, however I still don't have sound and graphic card doesn't work. If anyone success to get ALC883 Audio and Nvidia 8600GTS to work with SL I love to hear from you . Thanks in advance.

have u already tried the NVEnabler for your graphis?

have u already tried the NVEnabler for your graphis?

Thank you Bro, yes, that solve the graphic issue, now concentrate on the Audio any hint ?. one other question, if i now run the update then i have to patch them again ?.

Here is the screen shot

post-402809-1253756113_thumb.png

Thank you Bro, yes, that solve the graphic issue, now concentrate on the Audio any hint ?. one other question, if i now run the update then i have to patch them again ?.

Here is the screen shot

post-402809-1253756113_thumb.png

what update? osx update? patch what?

if it's an update to the osx, it's recommended to execute the MacLoader's Updater but not really necessary especially if you're not using any extra-audio-kext/s.

Thanks MACinized! This method worked perfectly!! Strangely had to set SATA drives in bios to IDE mode for installer to boot, then back to AHCI to boot into SL.

E6420 2.13ghz @ 2.8ghz (limited by old school mb)

Asus p5ld2

4gb Corsair XMS2

250gb WD

Nvidia 8400gs (Used EFI Studio, OSX86 tools method would not detect DVI port)

CreativeLabs Audigy2 (used driver from Oxtie's post)

Silicon Image 3132 raid 1 w/ 2 Samsung F1 1TB's (used driver from their website)

EDIT -- also had to use sigmaris' fix for my ide dvdrw

Works for me. its very clean installation.

I used efi studio to install my gfx. GT 8600.

But i having problem with audio. In system preference, it has the items but at sound preference setting, i cant seem to get any audio from the speakers. I have the option to slide the volume but i just dont see anything kicking. I have SPDIF last time when using 10.5.2 but no for this.

The kext i used is AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext. do i need to do something to DSDT? As i read from else where. they managed to get audio using this method without any DSDT.

By the way, can i transfer things from my old mac 10.5.2 account to this new installer? previously i had problem booting after transferring.

Anyway help? Many Thanks in advace! Cheers

I finally got everything working but sleep. It wasn't DSMOS.kext I needed. Honestly don't know what it was but ended up using Macinized instructions up through the install then bootting back to 10.5.8 on another drive and using the the preinstall automator to add kext and my own custom DSDT that would not work until after install. Sleep will not work and is driving me mad. My extra kexts are:

post-165087-1253726357_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, my system profiler lists the high speed USB bus as built in but all the regular USB bus's as expansion slots and it shows all my USB peripherals plugged into reg USB when I know they are all USB 2/high speed. I have BIOS F6 and I did edit my DSDT to inlcude the EHCI and SATA fixes, NVidia 8800 GTS and & ALC888. Is there another DSDT fix for sleep I am not aware of?

Hi,

I have the same motherboard. sleep works for me but not the audio. i think mine is F4 or F1? the one which comes from factory. I m using HDAEnabler.kext and AppleHDA.kext post install with kext helper. I get to see the thing in the system preference just no audio coming out.

I m using macloader 0.3. macloader 0.4 gave me KP whenever i boot. i m not use what is the difference.

Cheers

This is pretty awesome. Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this all together MACinized.

To anyone who knows more than I:

After some struggling with getting everything setup, I managed to get my USB drive to boot and to install without issue. I cannot get my snow leopard install to boot.

If I boot off of the USB drive, and then choose my SL installation, it boots just fine. If I don't boot with the USB drive, the SL installation will run, but it will hang at the gray Apple screen. In verbose mode, it hangs at:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatch(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out.

Any ideas on how to address this? I had read that NullCPUPowerManagement disabled the kext above. Any help is much appreciated.

If I boot off of the USB drive, and then choose my SL installation, it boots just fine. If I don't boot with the USB drive, the SL installation will run, but it will hang at the gray Apple screen. In verbose mode, it hangs at:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatch(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out.

Any ideas on how to address this? I had read that NullCPUPowerManagement disabled the kext above. Any help is much appreciated.

FYI, I've found that there's actually a hiccup in the SL_MacLoader. For some reason, it's not generating the mkext file on the EFI partition. I'm not sure why this is. I attempted to do it by hand but didn't have success, had a KP almost immediately. I'm going to push forward and see if I can make this work. Any ideas why the Updater or the Loader wouldn't being able to produce the mkext file? I'll have to go look at the logs I guess.

FYI, I've found that there's actually a hiccup in the SL_MacLoader. For some reason, it's not generating the mkext file on the EFI partition. I'm not sure why this is. I attempted to do it by hand but didn't have success, had a KP almost immediately. I'm going to push forward and see if I can make this work. Any ideas why the Updater or the Loader wouldn't being able to produce the mkext file? I'll have to go look at the logs I guess.

Okay. I FINALLY got everything working fine - *phew*.

What I found (and maybe someone mentioned this and I missed it) is that the Updater script could not change permissions on the USB drive that I was using. I don't know if this is a common situation on USB Keys, or if it's something weird, but as soon as I moved the SL_MacLoader directory onto the harddrive, and ran the updater, everything went fine. Rebooted no problem.

In case it's not clear to anyone else (as it was not to me), You need to run the scripts on the computer that you're installing on. I initially ran the Get_DSDT on my iMac thinking it would work fine. The DSDT is hardware specific, one coming from an iMac isn't going to make everything work on your Hackintosh.

Also, I learned a TON from this whole process. One of the most important things I can say to anyone getting into this is to search around and try and figure out what's going on and why. Most of the answers to your questions are not nearly as complex or difficult as you think, you just don't know how the process works or what's going on and that's why it seems foreign to you. I'd recommend everyone open up the scripts in the ScriptFiles directory and learn what's going on during the process. It can open your eyes to the process and the way things work and make you a better citizen of the community here.

Thanks again for your work MACinized. You've done a service to the community.

This guide is great. I followed it carefully and was able to boot and got a successful install of SL on my Compaq C762NR laptop. Upon the first boot after installation successful, using -v I noticed the following line which seems to prevent booting to continue.

"IOHDIX Controller: CreateDriveKernel: Return 0x6b" (4 lines same thing.) result is no boot.

At preseent, I am running OSX 10.5.5 (iDeneb 1.3) without major issues. Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated