[TOTALLY VANILLA] Retail Snow Leopard

MACinized

530 posts in this topic

hi MACinized,

Installed successfully SL through your guide once on the system in my signature - thanks. Now i'm trying it on DFI LP UT X58 and Core i7 920, but i'm stuck at this:

post-460532-1254905811_thumb.png

This happens while SnowLeoInstaller is loading. Any ideas ?

have no idea and hopefully someone has. my only guess-suggestion is to try removing first any graphics/video-kext or efi-string.

hopefully others will throw-in their advice/s.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn:: WaitForService......Timed out

This is the problem i think...did put only dsmos.kext (without it installer hangs at Waiting for DSMOS...) beside original four in your guide. DSDT.aml compilation went without errors with just one warning. This is all information that i can think of.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn:: WaitForService......Timed out

This is the problem i think...did put only dsmos.kext (without it installer hangs at Waiting for DSMOS...) beside original four in your guide. DSDT.aml compilation went without errors with just one warning. This is all information that i can think of.

there are five (5) kexts:

fakesmc.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

Sleepenabler.kext

u may also try removing the fakesmc.kext.

btw, did u edit the smbios.plist?

yup. it should read:

pls. take note of those in bold-weight. i noticed that if no Timeout is specified, MacLoader won't automatically load snowleo since needed uuid is not added to the Boot.plist. will just fix this together w/ any other enhancement/s.

in the meantime, pls. specify Timeout.

Thank you, I will give this a try.

oh yes 5, my mistake. so you say either fakesmc.kext or dsmos.kext, but not both of them, right ?

no, i didn't touch anything in com.apple.boot.plist and smbios.plist. Should i edit them in some way ?

i believe u already tried it & found that u need the dsmos.kext, else u get stuck w/ "waiting for dsmos...". thus, include dsmos.kext.

what i suggested is u try building the kext cache w/out the fakesmc.kext.

if u still get stuck even w/out the fakesmc, u may try editing the smbios.plist. instead of <string>MacPro3,1</string>, try changing it to <string>MacPro4,1</string>. or try "downgrading" it to 2.

these are just my suggestions. hopefully there's someone out there who can give valuable input.

no MACinized, this doesn't work either. In fact i tried 3-4 other guides today with the same result. Probably i'll try with another videocard - have a strange feeling that my Palit Radeon 4870 messes things up...

But generally i'm going to give up on this, at least for now, and wait for iDeneb release. Read somewhere that they are working on 10.6 in the moment...

thank you any way :)

i believe u already tried it & found that u need the dsmos.kext, else u get stuck w/ "waiting for dsmos...". thus, include dsmos.kext.

what i suggested is u try building the kext cache w/out the fakesmc.kext.

if u still get stuck even w/out the fakesmc, u may try editing the smbios.plist. instead of <string>MacPro3,1</string>, try changing it to <string>MacPro4,1</string>. or try "downgrading" it to 2.

these are just my suggestions. hopefully there's someone out there who can give valuable input.

I finally got SL installed and even had the upgrade to 6.1 installed. But I found that unless the USB keeyboard is plugged in I don't have a keyboard/trackpad. Any suggestions??? no audio either

Compaq C762nr laptop. running SL 6.1

Hi Macinzed

So after the first attempt snow leopard installed. Great work.

I am now stuck with being unable to boot without the usb. Will try and get a photo up of the KP later.

Also my Motu PCIe card is not recognised, I am using trial and error at the moment and am hoping that some one else has got past this on the DP35DP (check my sig for rest of details)

The card is recognised yet has no input or output

Which other kexts should I add or remove to remedy this??

As this is purely a Logic rig I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Hi Macinzed

So after the first attempt snow leopard installed. Great work.

I am now stuck with being unable to boot without the usb. Will try and get a photo up of the KP later.

Also my Motu PCIe card is not recognised, I am using trial and error at the moment and am hoping that some one else has got past this on the DP35DP (check my sig for rest of details)

The card is recognised yet has no input or output

Which other kexts should I add or remove to remedy this??

As this is purely a Logic rig I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Well, I am not Macinized but i think i know what you need as far as the booting problem is :

After finish installing and reboot, go back the SLeopard installer folder and run the Loader then follow the screen instruction after that you can remove the USB and restart. now it should start up from your new install Leopard volume.

For your graphic card you can try EFI Studio, do a search and you will find it.

Oh, YES !!! I DID IT !!!

It was really Palit Radeon 4870 the thing that was causing problems. I solved it by simply building kext cache with EVOEnabler.kext. It Worked !!! Not only i was able to install SL but I had native resolution throughout the whole installation process. Seems the card works out of the box with this kext.

Whoever build it - THANK YOU !!! And last but not least i'd like to thank MACinized for the great guide which once again did the job !

Now the most interesting thing about my installation is that i do not need busratio=20 flag. In fact it is causing problems when added to boot.plist...

Full system specs:

DFI LP UT X58 T3eH8

Core i7 920 @ 3,74 GHz

Palit Radeon 4870 1 GB Sonic 1 DVI, 1 D-Sub, 2 HDMI

3x2 GB OCZ DDR3 1560 MHz

Realtek HD Audio ALC889

250GB Hitachi

640GB Western Digital

Well, I am not Macinized but i think i know what you need as far as the booting problem is :

After finish installing and reboot, go back the SLeopard installer folder and run the Loader then follow the screen instruction after that you can remove the USB and restart. now it should start up from your new install Leopard volume.

For your graphic card you can try EFI Studio, do a search and you will find it.

Thanks for the prompt reply macusers.

I had done that, I think that the problems with the DSTDpatch as I am have a Kernal panic on the intelcpumanagement not being recognised, unable to post a shot of the screen at the moment.

Still booting from the usb will enable me to get the kext sorted. Any one got any suggestions on the Motu PCIe card I am at a loss as what to do have just tried an old jaguar firewire kext that didn't produce the goods

Will give the EFI studio a try as my old nvkush kext is not doing the job this time.

the smbios.plist-approach did not work for me but the cpuinjector-kext did. my cpu is no longer "unknown".

as to integrating it to MacLoader, it would have been easier if the smbios.plist-approach worked. thus i leave it to the users to try the CPUInjector.kext themselves.

tnx for the link though.

hi all,

I made all things in the guide, but when I restart and chamelon starts I choose the preperaed HDD and only this silver boot apple comes with the spinning wheel ... i waited about 10min ... no change ... it doesnt boot what have I done wrong ?

thx

i am taking this plunge as i write, i going to miss you all. sobbing now

can i use both cores?

toshiba lap. with pentium® dual-core

i am taking this plunge as i write, i going to miss you all. sobbing now

can i use both cores?

toshiba lap. with pentium® dual-core

interrupt chameleon at its boot logo by pressing any key, choose your newly installed HDD, type -v (there is no cursor flashing, but you will be able to type) and hit enter.

Probably it will hang at some point, take a picture, post it here and cross your fingers...

Phase 1.2 of this guide is giving me a bit of a huhu.

My setup is the same as MACinized - I am using an external disk with two partitions. Step 5 of Phase 1.2 says double click on ..... and follow prompt and then it ask the question below:

Where is Snow Leopard DVD Installer restored? => /Volumes/SnowLeoInstaller

ERROR!! /Volumes/SnowLeoInstaller cannot be found!

Make sure you entered the correct Volume/Partition name.

what am i doing wrong?

hiho ...

So I made a shot with my mobile ... but I cant put in in here ... where can I upload it ?!

last message in -v is

ACPI_SMC-PlatformPlugin: :start - waitForService(resourcMatchlng(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment) timed out

bump

this is external disk

FEMI:~ femi$ diskutil list disk1

/dev/disk1

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: FDisk_partition_scheme *465.8 Gi disk1

1: Apple_HFS SnowLeoInstaller 204.9 Gi disk1s1

2: Apple_HFS Snowy 260.8 Gi disk1s2

My setup is the same as MACinized - I am using an external disk with two partitions. Step 5 of Phase 1.2 says double click on ..... and follow prompt and then it ask the question below:

what am i doing wrong?

Hi,

Just type => SnowLeoInstaller

without the "Volumes" part.

Good luck;

Comodin.

what am i doing wrong?

Just wirte SnowLeoInstaller