[GUIDE]Retail Snow Leopard 10.6 on a GA EP45-UD3R

d00m42

Stability  

692 members have voted

1. 1. How stable is your Snow Leopard installation?

• Perfect.
    • Not quite there yet...

2,289 posts in this topic

Reiterating a post of mine a page or two ago:

"So I updated to 10.6.3 and I got the sleepenabler kernal panics. I just googled "sleepenabler.kext 10.6.3" and found a link to a version that is compatible with the update. I deleted my old one remotely and installed the new one, then I booted to OS X with the -x32 flag (otherwise I would get kernal panics at the desktop) and repaired permissions. Then I rebooted again with no flags and all was good. Back on Snow Leopard with sleep functionality."

I'm sure if you prepare the kexts before you update, all should go smoothly. I am running the Cartri BIOS, mind you.

Thanks for the reply, I must have missed your post. Ill give that a shot and see what happens.

Thanks again.

S3 or S1 in bios ? mine does not wake ?

mouse, keyboard,.... even power button,... also drive leds are on. ?

currently booting , without DSDT=cartri ? chameleon 3

and no sleepenabler, deleted it.

Was it a fresh install of 10.6.3 or did you upgrade? Just use software update and everything worked ok? Any problems after the upgrade?
I just did the upgrade. My install is different from the one described in this post, though. My install is a combination of some guides as none of the guides worked on their own.

Sleep seems to be kind of wonky, it'll usually work but if it fails to properly shut down my mouse and keyboard it won't wake up again. But I don't mind, I don't want my desktop to sleep anyways.

I just did the upgrade. My install is different from the one described in this post, though. My install is a combination of some guides as none of the guides worked on their own.

Sleep seems to be kind of wonky, it'll usually work but if it fails to properly shut down my mouse and keyboard it won't wake up again. But I don't mind, I don't want my desktop to sleep anyways.

Check the kernel log to see what's going on under the hood before the OS goes to sleep. I figured out that Weatherbug was causing NUMEROUS problems with sleep this way, and once I removed it, everything worked perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...
Can I install Snow Leoprad on a machine that allready has Windows 7 installed on it and can I make multiboot menu?

Yes, but I'd recommend detaching the Windows drive during installation. Then once SL is installed, install Chameleon on it, make sure it's the first drive in your boot order priority in your BIOS and Chameleon will automatically give you a multi-boot menu.

d00m42,

Please upload to another upload site?

I can't access to tigerden.uppit.com ... look like this host id down!

Thank you

I agree - can't download the file either - could someone please upload it to another site?

Thanks!

why do we need to disable

-CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)

-C2/C2E State Support

-CPU EIST Function

-C4/C4E State Support

-Virtualization Technology

my system seems to be working fine with them enabled.

also, has anyone gotten a good analog 5.1 setup running on this board?

And for the install from scratch without an existing OSX? there is this possibility?

My Config -

GA EP45 UD3R

Intel E7300

Geforce 8600GT 512mb Zogis

HD Sata II samsung 250gb

I never made a hackintosh, i would buy the DVD Retail SL

i was in doubt when i saw that needed to have an existing installation Oxs ..

thanks

Not sure why you would want the V4 Pack, here's the latest one I've released. It was back on Page 89 I believe

EDIT: I think that link is broken too... I'll pick a different host and post a link here in a few minutes.

EDIT2: http://www.mediafire.com/?agd5mwijjya

I can not download it too, so can you upload to other host like rapidshare, megaupload....

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Man I've been insanely busy! I had AP Exams, graduation, other commitments, and even moving to an entirely new house! I haven't visited this guide in a while, although I'm sure there's some stuff that's outdated here. It's a good backbone, but really has to be updated to reflect some of the newer stuff. My Hackintosh works just as well as ever (all updates etc), but if anything happens to break when 10.6.4 comes around, I'll work on it.

As for the link to the pack being broken, v4 is the older version. I believe the latest version I released was v5.0b, which I'll edit in a link to in this post in a few minutes. For some reason, I can't save changes to the OP anymore, as I get some BBCode error.

SL Pack v5.0b (I posted this a while back, but this is the latest version as of right now): http://www.mediafire.com/?nkzqezxnwym

THANKS d00m42

The link works fine. whats missing is a comprehensive guide to go from empty drive to 10.6.3, without having to read through 110 pages of postings.

Thanks for all the work you have put into this topic so far. I've been following your guide since its inception and have two rigs going with the UD3R.

A few weeks ago I kept getting a recurring log in screen, had to scrap that build, than I tried kakewalk but that didn't seem to stay stable and eventually apps would crash as soon as opened and had frequent "restart this computer" messages. So luckily I had a superduper copy to boot off of and superdupered that to a new drive, still using rc2 I think.

One thing I'm not so clear on is this: Can I prepare another 10.6.3 drive from my current working 10.6.2 drive without using a USB key, by say loading camelean onto it and then the install DVD.img?

Everyone who is still looking for the files, please confirm that the above link is working for you guys.

I can download that version. But I think I screwed up as I should have waited to see if 10.6.4 has broke anything as it did on ME!

I did remove sleepenabler as I really don't use it. I can boot in single user mode but cannot complete fsck it panics after catalog.

In verbose I get a panic on cpu and then another with iostoragefamily backtrace. I'll have to upload an image of the screen.

If I add after -v -x -f I get os system not set.

any insight would be appreciated.

Ciao,

Lou Cioccio

I've been running SL for some time now, with no issues at all really. As of recently though, my screen has started doing some glitchy things, and everything but the mouse movement has started to lock up. It happened once while watching a youtube video, but it returned to normal. It happened again later on in the day while logging into WoW, and I had to go ahead and restart my computer. My graphics card is a 9800 GT. I don't have any issues with it in Windows, but I'm wondering if it may be running a little hotter than it should in OS X.

Any thoughts?