[GUIDE]Retail Snow Leopard 10.6 on a GA EP45-UD3R

d00m42

Stability  

692 members have voted

1. 1. How stable is your Snow Leopard installation?

• Perfect.
    • Not quite there yet...

2,289 posts in this topic

is there a version of this guide applicable to people who don't already have osx 5.x installed? i.e. those of us with a 10.6 dvd and blank hard drive?

I'd actually be tempted to suggest installing Cartri's BIOS especially made for this m/b, then installing the bootloader and the required kexts on an USB-stick, booting from that with the Snow Leopard DVD in place, which should bring up the installation of the OS. After the installation's complete, you can continue booting of the USB-stick, or install the bootloader and the required kexts on your boot partition (or a separate EFI partition if you wish).

If I'm wrong, somebody correct me. :)

Anyway, the link to the thread about the BIOS can be found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=210994

• 4 weeks later...

@xopher;

do you have the mkext still in your E/E?! Get rid of it! I had the same problem and installed realtek.kext in S/L/E till Catri told me to delete mkext as stated in his manual. Voila problem gone!

• 3 weeks later...

@d00m42

thank you for the fine guide here!

I did install only had probs with my GTX275, had to try many boot cds to boot from my usb stick the install dvd.

I can not get the GTX 275 in system profiler right. Anyone with a little help ?

see here:

post-55980-1283544515_thumb.png

edit:

working now.

post-55980-1284502140_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

My EP45-UD3R Snow Leopard simple Guide using Cartri 0.8 bios running 10.6.4 with only 3 kext fakesmc , IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and LegacyHDA kext or No need for DSDT.aml. don't forget to donate to Cartri if you use this method. Also no more com.apple.Boot.plist and SMBIOS.plist because I am using a pre-release Chameleon RC5 build r168 bootloader from Cartri website modified specific for Cartri bios.

1- Install Cartri Gigabyte Mac Edition BIOS 0.8 follow his guide to the T. Here cartri.net

2- Boot into USB flash to install Mac OSX 10.6 retail. Use guide from Blackosx or this d00m42 to create this.

3- After successful installation of 10.6 now install 10.6.4 update combo. Use migration assistance to copy all your

setups but do not select option copy files and folders do this latter when you are already into 10.6.4 system.

4- If you are installing 10.6.4 from scratch then you don't need to use migration assistance. But you need to know

how to install bootloader then go blackosx or this d00m42 guide for more information.

I would like to thanks blaclosx d00m42 for their guides and Cartri for his bios projects. I would not have done this without their contribution.

msb

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

Im trying to make a hackintosh for audio engineering

my specs

MOBO: Gigabyte Ep45-UD3R

Core 2 quad 8400 @ 2.5ghz

transcend 2 x 2 gb ram

1Tb segate sata hdd

Hp multiformat dvd writer

Zebronics 650w platinum psu

Nvedia 8400gs 512mb gfx card

zebronics pci firewire card

wireless mouse

logitech keyboard

I want to install a working 10.6.4 into this board mainly for audio engineering and running logic pro i want a method in which everything works, I wanted to use the kakewalk 2.2 cd method for ep45-ud3r because ppl say it works like a charm and catri's bios for ep4-ud3r pls suggest me a method where i can get a fully working hackintosh snow loepard ( i dont have access to a mac so i cant burn cd's with a mac and use that method)

thank u in advance..

i am also trying to do this for audio engineering. I have been following this process for months.

What happens is I get to the screen where it shows the pictures of the install disc and hard drive. when i choose the install it goes right to a kernel panic. whatever i do this constantly happens.

here are my computer specs:

Gigabyte ep45-ud3r motherboard

E4500 Intel Processor

ATI x1300 graphics card.

• 2 weeks later...
i am also trying to do this for audio engineering. I have been following this process for months.

What happens is I get to the screen where it shows the pictures of the install disc and hard drive. when i choose the install it goes right to a kernel panic. whatever i do this constantly happens.

here are my computer specs:

Gigabyte ep45-ud3r motherboard

E4500 Intel Processor

ATI x1300 graphics card.

Use cartri's bios and follow the directions with the bios. Couldn't be simpler! The bios will also run windows flawlessly.

been using it for months without a single KP min win but especially mac.

www.cartri.net

Use cartri's bios and follow the directions with the bios. Couldn't be simpler! The bios will also run windows flawlessly.

been using it for months without a single KP min win but especially mac.

www.cartri.net

I did that and it works. I now have a graphics issue using a geforce 7100 gs card. here is a copy of my post on another thread:

I got everything working perfectly on 10.6.0 but I dont have qe or vram apparently. normal usage you could not tell a thing but when I try to install final cut studio 3 it tells me i have no vram or quartz extreme. when i look in system profiler it tells me i have 256mb of vram. My waves plug-ins in pro tools also dont show anything as a result to it.

I need this to work!

• 3 weeks later...
I can download that version. But I think I screwed up as I should have waited to see if 10.6.4 has broke anything as it did on ME!

I did remove sleepenabler as I really don't use it. I can boot in single user mode but cannot complete fsck it panics after catalog.

In verbose I get a panic on cpu and then another with iostoragefamily backtrace. I'll have to upload an image of the screen.

If I add after -v -x -f I get os system not set.

any insight would be appreciated.

Ciao,

Lou Cioccio

I just updated to 10.6.4 and I'm pretty much having the same problem. I replaced my sleepenabler.kext with one that works with 10.6.4, but now it panics about a minute or two after the boot.

installed here, no problems, no changes

Same here just did the software update. The only update that I have not done is iTunes; not an important issue.

--------

GAEP45UD3R

Q9300 CPU

8GB RAM

Boot drive is a 1.5TB (partitioned in half when I realize the drive was too large for it to bootable)

2-500 GB drives

Samsung DVD-R

8600GS 256mb dual DVI card

Ciao,

Lou Cioccio

A few things.

- Just did the 10.6.5 combo update, and I'm up and running.

- I wanted to raise another voice in support of the cartri bios, I haven't been able to get rid of my jmicronata.kext yet, but I'm hoping to get down to 3 kexts soon. I also wanted to remind people that you can get rid of the SMBios.plist and com.Apple.Boot.plist if you install the latest Chamerleon RC5 from cartri.net.

- I didn't see it posted anywhere in this thread, but there was a post a while back (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181133) that gave better information than whats currently in this thread for getting bonjour to work. You just need to use the latest auto installer linked to by that thread, then set your network to tbase1000 in system preferences, and you will have full bonjour at boot.

A few things.

- Just did the 10.6.5 combo update, and I'm up and running.

- I wanted to raise another voice in support of the cartri bios, I haven't been able to get rid of my jmicronata.kext yet, but I'm hoping to get down to 3 kexts soon. I also wanted to remind people that you can get rid of the SMBios.plist and com.Apple.Boot.plist if you install the latest Chamerleon RC5 from cartri.net.

- I didn't see it posted anywhere in this thread, but there was a post a while back (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181133) that gave better information than whats currently in this thread for getting bonjour to work. You just need to use the latest auto installer linked to by that thread, then set your network to tbase1000 in system preferences, and you will have full bonjour at boot.

I'm on 10.6.4 and all is well, except for sleepenabler.kext. It causes panics and right now I'm using the pmVersion=0 flag. Any workarounds?

I'm on 10.6.4 and all is well, except for sleepenabler.kext. It causes panics and right now I'm using the pmVersion=0 flag. Any workarounds?

Trash It - is The workaround for sleepenabler, you don't need it on EP45-UD3R

i want to try install snow leopard on my ep45-ud3r ...

but i dont have any previously leopard to install from it or make usb bootable ...

how could i install snow leopard on my system ???

put your system specs, what graphic card you've got? Ill make you BootCD, do you have OSX retail disk ?

put your system specs, what graphic card you've got? Ill make you BootCD, do you have OSX retail disk ?

thanks buddy

my system specs is :

mb : ga ep45ud3r catri's bios update

cpu : intel E5200 dual core

ram : 2 * 2gb ddr 2 800 patriot

vga : asus Nvidia 9600 gt 1 gb

hdd : 2 * 250 gb sata 2 & 500 gb external

ps2 mouse & keyboard

yes i have 10.6.3 sow leopard retail dvd

i try several method ... but i cant get to the install screen .... thanks for any help

thanks buddy

my system specs is :

mb : ga ep45ud3r catri's bios update

cpu : intel E5200 dual core

ram : 2 * 2gb ddr 2 800 patriot

vga : asus Nvidia 9600 gt 1 gb

hdd : 2 * 250 gb sata 2 & 500 gb external

ps2 mouse & keyboard

yes i have 10.6.3 sow leopard retail dvd

i try several method ... but i cant get to the install screen .... thanks for any help

Burn image to CD and boot PC with this disk, follow instructions on the screen, post results

download -> here

s

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I now have 10.6.5 completely-updated retail OS X installation almost perfectly running on my EP45-UD3R/Q6600/9800 GT.

I was able to run Software Update after installing from a 10.6.3 retail image, but I had to install all normal updates first, reboot, and then attempt installation of the 10.6.5 update which was unsuccessful on the first try for whichever reason.

Using the DSDT included, my sound/network seem to function without an issue. I did have to delete the SleepEnabler.kext, however, as my system was panicking. That's fine, however, because I think Sleep is a function best reserved for real Macs. : P

The only issue I'm having now -- I've installed Developer tools from the OS X install CD, and there was a software update available. Whenever, I try to update the Xcode install, my system kernel panics. I've attached an image of the panic -- can anyone shed some light on this issue?

post-376350-1290861914_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I now have 10.6.5 completely-updated retail OS X installation almost perfectly running on my EP45-UD3R/Q6600/9800 GT.

I was able to run Software Update after installing from a 10.6.3 retail image, but I had to install all normal updates first, reboot, and then attempt installation of the 10.6.5 update which was unsuccessful on the first try for whichever reason.

Using the DSDT included, my sound/network seem to function without an issue. I did have to delete the SleepEnabler.kext, however, as my system was panicking. That's fine, however, because I think Sleep is a function best reserved for real Macs. : P

The only issue I'm having now -- I've installed Developer tools from the OS X install CD, and there was a software update available. Whenever, I try to update the Xcode install, my system kernel panics. I've attached an image of the panic -- can anyone shed some light on this issue?

First of all thaks to everybody I 've my hackintosh up and running.

My Config :

EP45-UD3R (of course)

QUAD 9650

Gainward GTX 460 1024 GS

4Giga Ram Corsair

1) Used Boot 132 Pirate Efi

2) Snow Retail 10.6.3

3) Update to 10.6.5

4) Before reboot replaced sleepenabler with this (If not you get KP)

5) Installed Chamaleon RC5 r 643

6) After reboot installed Nvidia driver 3.2.17

• 1 month later...
First of all thaks to everybody I 've my hackintosh up and running.

My Config :

EP45-UD3R (of course)

QUAD 9650

Gainward GTX 460 1024 GS

4Giga Ram Corsair

1) Used Boot 132 Pirate Efi

2) Snow Retail 10.6.3

3) Update to 10.6.5

4) Before reboot replaced sleepenabler with this (If not you get KP)

5) Installed Chamaleon RC5 r 643

6) After reboot installed Nvidia driver 3.2.17

Update to 10.6.6

1) Sleeper Enabler has not been removed

2) After Update if you have nvidia 4xx series you need to re-install driver again from Nvida site.

3) Everything works great the system is stable