[Guide] Vanilla Retail 10.6.x with Chameleon v2 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

blackosx

3,676 posts in this topic

I am back home now and on my hack.. :)

I can confirm that using the patched AppleHDA.kext in the Support Files enables the Audio again just great. I can also confirm that my Vista virtual machine in VMWare Fusion is also working just fine.

Blackosx» no luck with your modified dsdt. Neither dvd nor harddrives work :/ Can't tell anything about PS/2, as I'm using USB keyboard and mouse.

Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I probably won't spend any further time trying to enable it as I only use SATA drives and this guide was written with SATA drives in mind.

Anyway, I finally gotta switch to sata completely. My pioneer 111d has served me for over 4 years now. Time to put him to rest :whistle:

That's the best plan I can think of ;)

I scanned through the latest posts and noticed that people are having problems with the JMicron IDE which I currently use in 10.6.2 and it works perfectly. I also noticed you posted on Cartri's custom BIOS thread that his BIOS has been working well for you - I am thinking about switching to it and would like to know if you would recommend it. I want to make the switch to 10.6.3 but I am not sure if I will set myself back without IDE and/or 64 BIT (I don't have a backup system to test 10.6.3 first). As I said earlier, I am also thinking about switching to Cartri's custom BIOS and would like to know if you would recommend it given that I have a perfect system already without it.

Seems like my IDE drives and the 7300GS video card are always going to be a challenge going forward. I would like to know what video card you have so I can switch to it and get the most out of your guides.

Hi Apachi 007

As I just said to fragreaver, I don't use IDE drives so I really comment how if or if not they will work fine for you, Sorry. And yes, your 7300GS is an old card now, but then again the 8800GT I use, is no spring chicken.. lol (but it's still happily supported and working just fine here).

Cartri's BIOS is just great, and in time it will get better. But if you have an already fully working system for your GA-EP45-DS3L from following this guide then for now, you won't gain anything, except a little easter egg for running Windows7 :) But keep your eye on Cartri's thread as he is beavering adding more benefits.

Updated to 10.6.3 / Asus P5E x38

only had to replace - SleepEnabler.kext (not sure if I need too but I also updated IONetworkFamily.kext as you directed).

All else was good. No noticeable problems.

Thank you blackosx & all who contributed to this thread

Checking in to report that after a few kernel and personal panics later, I was able to get my system to 10.6.3 with IDE and 7300GS.

My system was working 100% (64 bit) with 10.6.2 before I started.

- Followed the steps that blackosx posted knowing that I would have problems with video and/or IDE

- Rebooted and to my surprise the system at least came to a blue screen before freezing up

- First thing I did was to try to boot in 32bit which worked on the first try

- Both video and IDE worked flawlessly in 32 bit

- Installed patched audio kext and got audio working in 32 bit

- Tried booting into 64 bit and got the same issue

- Installed GeForce* kexts from a backup in /S/L/E

- Tried booting again in 64 bit and viola! Everything worked!

I have backups of the JMicron and GeForce kexts if anyone would like to try them.

Thank you blackosx - I really need to get a backup HDD so my heart doesn't skip beats every time I have to update the system.

I got too excited before I realized that QE and CI were not working in 10.6.3 for me so 7300GS is a no go. To add to the mix, I copied older KEXT from 10.6.2 and have managed to corrupt my Snow Leopard install so much that it no longer boots. I believe this is because of KEXT cache and/or disk permissions. Anyone know how to rebuild kextcache and also force a disk permission repair?

I can only boot to single user mode at the moment. I am planning to upgrade the system to all SATA drives and get a new video card (any recommendations for a cheap card?).

Here is the related entries from the system log

Apr 5 08:55:15 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: /System/Library/Extensions/IOGraphicsFamily.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Apr 5 08:55:15 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Missing link state for dependency IOGraphicsFamily.kext.

Apr 5 08:55:15 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Apr 5 08:55:15 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Missing link state for dependency IONDRVSupport.kext.

Apr 5 08:55:15 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Prelink failed for com.apple.NVDAResman; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Apr 5 08:55:15 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Missing link state for dependency NVDAResman.kext.

Apr 5 08:55:15 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Prelink failed for com.apple.GeForce; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Apr 5 08:55:16 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Missing link state for dependency IOGraphicsFamily.kext.

Apr 5 08:55:16 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Apr 5 08:55:16 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Missing link state for dependency IOGraphicsFamily.kext.

Apr 5 08:55:16 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Apr 5 08:55:16 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Missing link state for dependency NVDAResman.kext.

Apr 5 08:55:16 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Prelink failed for com.apple.nvidia.nv40hal; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Apr 5 08:55:21 User-Names-iMac com.apple.kextcache[1199]: Created prelinked kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache_i386.8402411B.

Would anyone be too kind to send me a copy of the 10.6.3 IOGraphicsFamily.kext and any help on fixing the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

hey blackosx just downloaded ur guid looks awesom am gonna try it out now btw have u checked this out can completely rule out the need of dsdt.aml and some kexts. will tinker arround a lil bit. thanks a mill m8

-iCE-

hi,

thx for you great mamual and files.

i have ep45-ds3 working with 10.6.3. i have used my own dsdt because the bios of ep45-ds3 is rev f9.

but i have a usb-issue. my scanner canon lide 500f dont work with 10.6.3 because he has no power. the scanner works fine with 10.6.2.

what can i do solve the problem?

bye

stephanchen

I got too excited before I realized that QE and CI were not working in 10.6.3 for me so 7300GS is a no go. To add to the mix, I copied older KEXT from 10.6.2 and have managed to corrupt my Snow Leopard install so much that it no longer boots. I believe this is because of KEXT cache and/or disk permissions. Anyone know how to rebuild kextcache and also force a disk permission repair?

I can only boot to single user mode at the moment. I am planning to upgrade the system to all SATA drives and get a new video card (any recommendations for a cheap card?).

Would anyone be too kind to send me a copy of the 10.6.3 IOGraphicsFamily.kext and any help on fixing the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi Apachi 007

I remember from the 10.6.2 update something about 7 series nVidia cards not working too well with the kernel running in 64-bit mode. Do you have to use 64-bit mode?

As for what you did with regards to adding your 10.6.2 nVidia graphic kexts in to 10.6.3, I have never done that and I don't know if its wise to do so. But the least you should look at it setting the ownership/permissions correctly using similar commands as I showed at the bottom of this post for updating the patched AppleHDA.kext.

I showed how to use the kextcache command right back at the start of this thread... See post #6. I am away from my hack again so I can't send you the IOGraphicsFamily.kext file you have asked for, but somebody else might be able to do so.

But SATA drives and a new video card will make your life easier.

hey blackosx just downloaded ur guid looks awesom am gonna try it out now btw have u checked this out can completely rule out the need of dsdt.aml and some kexts. will tinker arround a lil bit. thanks a mill m8

Hi -iCE-, it's been a while since I have seen you :)

I have recently tweaked the guides and up 'til now have got as far as Part 4 with that being uploaded this morning. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

I am not to sure what you mean in the rest of your message, but are you referring to Cartri's modified BIOS?

i have ep45-ds3 working with 10.6.3. i have used my own dsdt because the bios of ep45-ds3 is rev f9.

but i have a usb-issue. my scanner canon lide 500f dont work with 10.6.3 because he has no power. the scanner works fine with 10.6.2.

Hi stephanchen

It is that your USB ports no longer work, or is it just the scanner no longer works?

I am in complete love with it. :-)

That's nice... Well done for supporting Apple and buying an official Macintosh :)

One day, I will again buy another genuine Macintosh.

I really don't know. I haven't had or heard of any issues yet with the EP45-DS3L. So all I can suggest is for you to ask others with your motherboard if they have had similar issues. I know there have been posts on InsanelyMac about USB problems after the 10.6.3 update but I haven't had time to really read them yet.

I am not to sure what you mean in the rest of your message, but are you referring to Cartri's modified BIOS?

Hi Blackosx,

The modded bios which is for our board GA-EP45-DS3L vf11c, Negates the need for a dsdt.aml and a few kexts. I was wondering should i try that out will that be a good path to take or stick to your guide. as of now installing SL using your guides.

im on 10.6.2 trying to update to 10.6.3 but the update keeps failing when using the software update utility -- "file may have been corrupted". it then proceeds to download the 700+ meg update and fails every time.

i went to the apple support site and downloaded the standalone update dmg file. when i try to run it, checksum error. tried downloading it twice now, 2 different browsers on osx. same problem. just finished downloading from a windows box and copying it over to osx, same error.

i did some searching before posting this but i cant find other people reporting this. am i doing something wrong? did i miss a step in the upgrade process?

this is the first update issue i've encountered. been using this guide since snow leopard came out and i try to follow it religiously ;)

im on 10.6.2 trying to update to 10.6.3 but the update keeps failing when using the software update utility -- "file may have been corrupted". it then proceeds to download the 700+ meg update and fails every time.

i went to the apple support site and downloaded the standalone update dmg file. when i try to run it, checksum error. tried downloading it twice now, 2 different browsers on osx. same problem. just finished downloading from a windows box and copying it over to osx, same error.

i did some searching before posting this but i cant find other people reporting this. am i doing something wrong? did i miss a step in the upgrade process?

this is the first update issue i've encountered. been using this guide since snow leopard came out and i try to follow it religiously :)

check ur ram do a memtest and see if u are getting any disk i/o errors

ok got it to work 10.6.3

1. used cartri's bios file to update my bios to f11c beta

2. got display string from efistudio and used it in com.apple.Boot.plist

3. used /E/E Disabler.kext, fakesmc.kext, LegacyHDA.kext

4. Got orange icons used OrangeIconFix.kext

5. not able to sleep, reboot or shutdown properly. (will try using SleepEnabler.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext )

getting these errors. no idea on what to do to fix them

07/04/10 3:03:16 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

07/04/10 3:03:16 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found.

07/04/10 3:03:16 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Load com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet failed; removing personalities.

07/04/10 3:13:59 AM com.apple.kextcache[192] /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

for this i guess disabling the serial/com port should fix it

07/04/10 3:03:18 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalModemSupport.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

07/04/10 3:03:18 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalModemSupport.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found.

07/04/10 3:03:18 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Load com.apple.driver.InternalModemSupport failed; removing personalities.

07/04/10 3:13:59 AM com.apple.kextcache[192] /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalModemSupport.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

again no idea on how to fix this

07/04/10 3:03:16 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

07/04/10 3:03:16 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found.

07/04/10 3:03:16 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Load com.jmicron.JMicronATA failed; removing personalities.

07/04/10 3:13:59 AM com.apple.kextcache[192] /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

finally this is not an error but says it created a prelinked kernel

07/04/10 3:14:07 AM com.apple.kextcache[192] Created prelinked kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache_x86_64.A701C40B.

do i have to add this arg~

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

mac seems to be running a little faster for now except these problems bonjoure seems to be working just fine. thanks for the guide and all the help.

BlackOSX-- your guide rocks. I *was* stable and happy for about 9 months until I upgraded to 10.6.3 and now do not have Core Image support. I've looked around for various suggestions, but cannot find a solution. I am using a 512MB NVidia 9800 and have tried:

using the GraphicsEnabler in my com.apple.boot.plist and not using it. With it enabled, do I still need some of the kexts such as nvenabler

using my old DSDT is not working either

Sometimes the card is correctly identified in the System Profiler, but Core Image is obviously absent when I try to use Aperture which will not launch as well as in graphical response in the menus and lack of ripples in dashboard.

I would appreciate any help you or the forum can provide.

Thanks!

--Carl

ok no matter how many times i repair permissions i still get the same error

Repairing permissions for “SnowLeopard”

Permissions differ on "usr/share/derby", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "usr/share/derby".

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeResources", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeResources".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeSignature", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeSignature".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/CodeResources", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/CodeResources".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/CodeSignature", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/CodeSignature".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHALPlugIn.bundle/Contents/CodeResources", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHALPlugIn.bundle/Contents/CodeResources".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/CodeResources", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/CodeResources".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/CodeSignature", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/CodeSignature".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/CodeResources", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/CodeResources".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/CodeSignature", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/CodeSignature".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/Contents/CodeResources", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/Contents/CodeResources".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/Contents/CodeSignature", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/Contents/CodeSignature".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/Contents/CodeResources", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/Contents/CodeResources".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/Contents/CodeSignature", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/Contents/CodeSignature".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/Contents/CodeResources", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/Contents/CodeResources".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/Contents/CodeSignature", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/Contents/CodeSignature".

Permissions repair complete

Hello,

I updated to 10.3 and updated my AppleHDA.kext with the latest you posted. Several reboots later I still have no sound.

I saw someone had luck running 10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.pkg from www.tonymacx86.com, which actually gave me sound. However after reboot and a Repair Disk permissions I can't seem to get it back.

Any suggestions I could try?

Thanks

ok got it to work 10.6.3

1. used cartri's bios file to update my bios to f11c beta

2. got display string from efistudio and used it in com.apple.Boot.plist

3. used /E/E Disabler.kext, fakesmc.kext, LegacyHDA.kext

4. Got orange icons used OrangeIconFix.kext

5. not able to sleep, reboot or shutdown properly. (will try using SleepEnabler.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext )

@-iCE!HACKER-

I now know you were talking about Cartri's modified BIOS and I see you have gone ahead and flashed your mobo with it. I was previously using Gigabyte's F11C BIOS, then on March 1st I trialed Cartri's 0.7h BIOS for the GA-EP45-DS3L as it's based on Gigabyte's F11C BIOS.

Before flashing with Cartri's modified BIOS, did your system sleep? I ask because my system (3 x different Snow Leopard installations) entered and woke from sleep perfectly before using Cartri's modified BIOS and they still do now. I am not using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and therefore don't require SleepEnabler.kext either.

07/04/10 3:03:16 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

Did you have a previously untouched System installation? or have you changed anything to do with the IONetworkingFamily.kext?

for this i guess disabling the serial/com port should fix it

When using Cartri's modified BIOS, he recommends BIOS settings which we should use, so I guess you have double checked your settings to what's in his PDF?

07/04/10 3:03:18 AM com.apple.kextd[10] Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalModemSupport.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

Again, here, have you changed anything to do with the IOSerialFamily.kext?

do i have to add this arg~

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

If you want to boot with the kernel in 32-bit mode then you will need to add arch=i386 to your com.apple.Boot.plist. And if you want to boot with the kernel in 64-bit mode then you omit that boot option from the com.apple.Boot.plist (See section 3 of 'Part 4' of my PDF guides).

mac seems to be running a little faster for now except these problems bonjoure seems to be working just fine. thanks for the guide and all the help.

I don't know if it helps, but I am using the ifconfig method for bonjour networking.

About your AppleHDA.kext issues, have you tried removing the patched one and replacing it with the original one from 10.6.3 again using the instructions I posted so see if those errors still appear? You could then try trashing your /System/Library/Caches folder and rebooting.

this is the first update issue i've encountered. been using this guide since snow leopard came out and i try to follow it religiously :(

Hi hetman

I really don't know why your system won't let you complete the update. Did -iCE!HACKER-'s advice help at all?

BlackOSX-- your guide rocks. I *was* stable and happy for about 9 months until I upgraded to 10.6.3 and now do not have Core Image support. I've looked around for various suggestions, but cannot find a solution. I am using a 512MB NVidia 9800 and have tried:

using the GraphicsEnabler in my com.apple.boot.plist and not using it. With it enabled, do I still need some of the kexts such as nvenabler

Hi CarlRx

I am sure there are others here using the 9800 on their systems with the GraphicsEnabler boot option. I don't understand how the 10.6.3 suddenly stopped your video working properly, unless you were using a kext... you mention NVenabler? You should not need any kexts for your 9800..

I updated to 10.3 and updated my AppleHDA.kext with the latest you posted. Several reboots later I still have no sound.

I saw someone had luck running 10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.pkg from www.tonymacx86.com, which actually gave me sound. However after reboot and a Repair Disk permissions I can't seem to get it back.

Hi Sibicle

Are you using this motherboard? and have you followed this install guide? as I have updated 3 x Snow Leopard installs with the patched AppleHDA.kext in the Support Files without problem.

@blackosx

I now know you were talking about Cartri's modified BIOS and I see you have gone ahead and flashed your mobo with it. I was previously using Gigabyte's F11C BIOS, then on March 1st I trialed Cartri's 0.7h BIOS for the GA-EP45-DS3L as it's based on Gigabyte's F11C BIOS.

Before flashing with Cartri's modified BIOS, did your system sleep? I ask because my system (3 x different Snow Leopard installations) entered and woke from sleep perfectly before using Cartri's modified BIOS and they still do now. I am not using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and therefore don't require SleepEnabler.kext either.

Yes my system used to sleep shutdown and reboot perfectly. now i am using SleepEnabler.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext & OpenHaltRestart.kext. the system shutsdown and restarts okay but will not wakeup from sleep.

Did you have a previously untouched System installation? or have you changed anything to do with the IONetworkingFamily.kext?

both installations (2xSL) are clean i have 1x1TB and 1x250GB(which i use as tm disk). all i did was install "Realtek Bonjour enabler". after i use "DSDT=cartri arch=i386" i am not getting "no code for running kernel's architecture."

When using Cartri's modified BIOS, he recommends BIOS settings which we should use, so I guess you have double checked your settings to what's in his PDF?

Yes i have double triple checked will check again.

Again, here, have you changed anything to do with the IOSerialFamily.kext?

Cartri's pdf states that serial/com and parallel ports will not be working atm so i have disabled it and have stopped getting the relevant messages.

If you want to boot with the kernel in 32-bit mode then you will need to add arch=i386 to your com.apple.Boot.plist. And if you want to boot with the kernel in 64-bit mode then you omit that boot option from the com.apple.Boot.plist (See section 3 of 'Part 4' of my PDF guides).

are you running on 32 or 64 bit mode. when i run in 32bit i don't get any of the three errors.

About your AppleHDA.kext issues, have you tried removing the patched one and replacing it with the original one from 10.6.3 again using the instructions I posted so see if those errors still appear? You could then try trashing your /System/Library/Caches folder and rebooting.

With the AppleHDA.kext orignally from 10.6.3 i had no sound at all and patched it with the one in your support files. I followed instructions to the dot in your guide ( which by the way i got me till here) i did try trashing /S/L/Ca* rebooted checked perms still the same problem. If its not toomuch to ask ; our systems are similar except for the graphics card, ram, cpu and hdds. all that matters is the graphics card the one i have is 8500GT 256 MB VRAM. can you please send me your /Extra folder and AppleHDA.kext. i shall try and redo the whole setup again if nothing works out. thanks for all the help

this is what i have currently in my /V/C/E/E folder

Disabler.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

OrangeIconFix.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

fakesmc.kext

op.txt

i would like to mention a couple of issues

1. i had when i was installing 10.6 (used 1.07 loader cd and booted with 10.6 retail dvd my 1tb showed up ad disk0 now it shows up as disk1

2. i have some files in /Volumes/Data which have the ownership of user:staff i am not able to access some of them

ICEHACKERs-Mac-Pro:Extensions icehacker$ cd /Volumes/Data/

ICEHACKERs-Mac-Pro:Data icehacker$ ls -l

total 8

drwxr-xr-x 22 icehacker staff 748 Apr 7 04:41 10.6.3

drwxr-xr-x 6 icehacker staff 204 Apr 7 01:26 Backup-250GB

drwxrwxrwx 20 icehacker staff 680 Apr 6 23:10 Desktop

drwxr-xr-x 60 icehacker staff 2040 Apr 7 10:50 TORRENTS

-rwx---r-x+ 1 icehacker staff 874 Apr 7 00:06 applist.rtf

drwxr-xr-x 5 icehacker staff 170 Apr 7 14:05 iTunes

ICEHACKERs-Mac-Pro:Data icehacker$

3. thease are some o/p i am concerned about can u please take a look and tell me if everything is okay

07/04/10 4:34:10 PM com.apple.kextcache[202] JMicronATA.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.

07/04/10 4:34:15 PM com.apple.kextcache[197] /: no supported helper partitions to update.

07/04/10 4:35:52 PM kernel RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)

07/04/10 4:35:54 PM kernel Previous Shutdown Cause: 0

07/04/10 4:35:59 PM fseventsd[54] event logs in /.fseventsd out of sync with volume. destroying old logs. (562 12 615)

07/04/10 4:35:59 PM kernel ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

07/04/10 4:35:59 PM fseventsd[54] log dir: /.fseventsd getting new uuid: 0B52061E-B76B-4BE3-9D04-9529541FD911

07/04/10 4:36:11 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[95] (com.apple.ReportCrash) Falling back to default Mach exception handler. Could not find: com.apple.ReportCrash.Self

07/04/10 4:36:12 PM fseventsd[54] check_vol_last_mod_time:XXX failed to get mount time (25; &mount_time == 0x10033f8b8)

07/04/10 4:36:12 PM fseventsd[54] log dir: /Volumes/WINDOWS7/.fseventsd getting new uuid: 3B50D9A4-1BC0-46DF-8933-DDAA2666CB25

07/04/10 4:36:14 PM fseventsd[54] iterate_devices: device table changed. restarting device scan.

07/04/10 4:36:24 PM fseventsd[54] event logs in /Volumes/EMPTY/.fseventsd out of sync with volume. destroying old logs. (563 0 642)

07/04/10 4:36:24 PM fseventsd[54] log dir: /Volumes/EMPTY/.fseventsd getting new uuid: 1F7B70E0-AA5D-4597-8614-A609D557600B

07/04/10 4:37:07 PM WindowServer[72] kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

07/04/10 4:37:07 PM com.apple.WindowServer[72] Wed Apr 7 16:37:07 ICEHACKERs-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[72] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

-iCE-