borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

Might work, might not.

First of all, thank you Rammjet for the prompt answer and help.

Second, I did a fresh install within v.10.4.6; everything done 'by the book' and after rebooting I had the old issue - the window with 'You have to restart the computer ... blah blah'. After another try, within v.10.4.8 (patches *.4.7 and finally *.4.8 with the old 8.4.1 kernel) I had the same problem like before (the endless error to restart the computer). I also tried with semthex SSE3 and mifki SSE3 kernels and the sistem didn't start till the login window; just rebootet itself. I really need this to make it work (I want to get rid of XP).

As you said, it might not work :compress:.

Actually, it was an improvement: I have tried again Neopheus v.3.2 install and I have the refresh modes (my usual is 1280x1024); still no QE/CI. I've read about the semthex 8.8.1 kernel but I'm not so familiar with the Terminal commands (a little different as on Linux).

Thanks again.

Cheers.

I've read about the semthex 8.8.1 kernel but I'm not so familiar with the Terminal command

Upgrading from 10.4.8 with old kernel is not as simple as dropping in a new kernel. The 10.4.8 with old kernel is missing a lot of new 10.4.8 files that aren't compatible with the old kernel. Best way is to use JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 Only Reseed install DVD. Or go through this: http://paulicat.freeflux.net/blog/archive/...rade-guide.html

But before you start, read through the Natit link I gave you and see if you really want to do all of that.

Well, I've tested the 10.4.8 JaS with the new kernel 8.8.1 and I'm a little confused: under 10.4.8 (8.4.1 kernel) the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext is working (only out, no in ... doesn't bothering me because I'm using an USB mic) meanwhile under 1.4.8 (8.8.1 kernel) same *.kext is NOT working (no matter what changes within Azalia.kext and AzaliaAudioController.kext /info.plist were made).

Within the 10.4.8 (8.4.1 kernel) the only device is not working (let's say 'properly') is the graphic card (no QE / CI). Everithing else working like a charm.

What's wrong with 8.8.1 kernel? Am I missing something else? Am I doing something wrong? I've tried different install vs. (with / without patches) and same issues. In fact, Azalia is a pain in the a**: 2 times I had the same issue after reboot '/../../*.kext not installed properly) even with diskutil repair (and even with 2 different methods - emacs and pico).

Thanks again for help Rammjet.

Cheers.

This is the ATI graphics thread, not Azalia audio thread.

After adding proper id's to Azalia (check them to be sure no extra characters and indentation is right), be sure to:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

then delete the cache files and reboot.

Sorry.

Now, to be ontopic.

I've made some tests within 10.4.8 JaS (8.8.1 kernel); tested NatitATIauto.kext, Natit.kext and Natit_edited.kext. Under all of these *.kext's the graphic card was recognized (as it should) in SystemProfiler. Still no QE / CI. Device ID properly described into *plist's (0x7280).

I got the screen freezed after installing Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg.

Cheers.

Hello together,

i tried this weekend the Jas 10.4.8, ICH8 patch, jMicron patch ,Mifki's kernel

Hardware:

Asus P5B Deluxe

Asus X1950 XTX

Asus PW201 20" widescreen display

Core 2 6600

almost everything is working, (Lan, audio,ICH8 SATA, JMicron PATA, Quartz extreme, rotation, core image, openGL....

except widescreen resolution (nativ would be 1680x1050) now using 1600x1024

DVI output not working, i have to use VGA adapter.

power saving on the video card is not working, blank screen !

Thanks on all for made this project possible

Marcus

Hello everybody,

The other day I was so adventureus and/or stupid to buy the Sapphire x1950 pro. As it turnes out this card is not compatible with the BorisBadenov method. After editing the ATIRadeonx1000.kext and ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin the result is a kernel panic. The ATINDRV.kext doesn load though and gevies different resolutions. Quicktime extrem and Core Image are essential as I discovered when Keynote would not load.

So my guess is that the binary part of the kext doens not support this card. Am I correct in that assumption? Secondly is there a chance that the Leopard driver will support this card after editing. Otherwise I will have sell this one and get another card from either Nvidia or Ati. :(

Probably Nvidia less hassle and frustration.

Edited by BarryBar

In response to post of Stone and my last post in this thread i have tried some stuff.

After installing first Natit Uni and then 3.6 Neopheus package the result is now this:

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

COMPAQ MV920:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

As you can see the 1950 series are recognized but still no support for QE en CI. I have seen in the verbose mode that Natit finds the x1950 pro compatible with ATY_Sphyrna.kext.

This is however the reason for the bluescreen that also Stone experienced and myself also. I have found that out after reading this post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...lopias&st=0 here about the ATINDRV.kext that the other kext besides ATY_Wormy.kext (x1600) that it will load is the ATY_Alopias.kext. Thanx to Munky for that

That the Alopias loads is because I have edited the ATINDRV.kext to do so. With this result

ATY_Alopias:

Version: 1.4.40

Last Modified: 11/4/06 3:40 PM

Get Info String: ATY_Alopias 1.4.40.4 (1.1f37)

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ATY_Alopias.kext

kext Version: 4.4.0

Load Address: 0x29c49000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.bsd: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.iokit: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.libkern: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.mach: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext has no receipt

It would be great to see the Natit Uni installer progress even more and see it load compatible kexts for the x1950 series

If anybody has some tips for me to get QE en CI going I would appreciate this very much

Edited by BarryBar

Have you guys tried the ATI Natit ?

I did and I have 512mb now on my x1600 pro .. I had 256mb only with boris method

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the ATI XP1650 Pro. I do not know how to get the 'correct ID'. Please help. I am trying to run Final Cut Pro 5 on

Asus p5wd2 extreme

Intel 805 Dual

ATI XP1650 pro

Thank you

ps. I am NEW to this project and MAC.

quietglow,

I looked over my notes and yes it seems right. Here is what was in the ATINDRV.kext

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<string>ATY,WORMY</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>50000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IONDRVDevice</string>

And what works for me is:

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>50000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

See the difference? And as far as your device ID (and also check your vendor ID) whewre I typed

<string>0x71C21002</string>

You might need to change to

<string>0x71C01002</string>

and make sure your vendor is is 1002 or you would need to change that accordingly.

Also, in the ATIRaseonX1000GA.plugin, you need to change the code from

<key>100271C2-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</key>

to

<key>100271C0-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</key>

You need to do this twice, you will see what I mean a few lines further down.

Hope that clears it up for you

And as far as X700, sorry, I have only mine to work with

Claude916,

If you can run osx then go in main menubar to the apple symbol and click the first options About this mac then in that windows there is button "More info" and click that. Then you will get full system information. Under general hardware there is also Video monitor choice that you can click. Then in right part of the window the information will appaer about you video card its device id. I hope you can make it work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I have: ASUS P5WDG2-WS + Conroe E6300 + Sapphire X1650 Pro 256Mb GDDR III

JaS Install DVD 10.4.8 w Semthex 8.8.1 kernel

I've tried Natit, this method, have a CI+QE supported, but no resolution\rotate\refresh rate changin', and cursor tearing.

Can anyone help me with tearing for now?

I'm running 10.4.5 with an x1600xt AGP

I went through Boris's instructions (thanks Boris!), and now have resolution switching

I don't have qe/ci though

I've read through the posts and couldn't find anyone else having that issue.

before I spend days downloading 10.4.8 from a seed, any ideas?

dell dimension 4600 p4 2.8

1 Gb memory

Visiontek Radeon x1600xt 512 Mb (dual dvi)....using dvi to vga adapter -> acer 19" lcd

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I was using the onboard Vram, and I got a PowerColor X1650 Pro 256mb DDR3 today, but I can't boot in to OSX86 10.4.8 with this card,

How can i make this card works ? or can you please tell me the X1650's ID.

Thank you very much~ :thumbsup_anim:

I downloaded the JaS 10.4.8 (8.8.1), and patch,

the X1650 Pro works now.

• 2 months later...