borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

borisbadenov

ON reboot system says that some dependencies are not resolved for the ATIX1000.kext. :D

yes m8 i get the same thing i am using the same laptop as u but i got 128 MB memory on my graphics card!!! that means that u get a kernal panic! Please boris help us out here!!!

Tried both Quartz*.* frameworks plus OpenGL from 10.4.4 on .4.6 and had the same bug using 10.4.4 Radeon kexts.

Maybe you need it too, but we miss another one there... Logically it might be AGL, though really I am NOT sure at all and we DO need to investigate. I am pretty sure though it has nothing to do with ANY ATI kexts file... Might be another kext which hasn't have anything to do with ATI, you never know... Well a pain in the arse anyway to find it !

well 10.4.6 V3 is using 10.4.5 ogl.framework not AGL , no ati kext from 10.4.6 so all the ati kexts are from 10.4.5 and iopci from 10.4.4

So from what you think, it might have been because of one of those files ? (not IOPCI since I am pretty sure I had the one from 4.4 too).

Maybe I still had the bug because I put too much 10.4.4 frameworks within my .4.6 :D You never know. Thanks for the tips, hopefully someone out there will manage to know which file is the source of the bug ; if not, i'll work on it as soon as I have some free time, count me in !

That would be pretty funny though if it's due to that new security update (I had it installed, and I am pretty sure lots of you have it as well)since it has some new frameworks ! Not related to OpenGL, but it does.. You never know, OSX is full of surprise ! :D

EDIT : maybe those who are using your patch have the same bug as I describe it in my post above... You never know ! If so then, that's really other files.

I definately get the framerate dropped described by Borris when using the Itunes visualizer. It also happens when you use MPlayer for OSX. Finally I've lost the water drop and flipping effects in Dashboard.

Other than that, it works great. Tried Warcraft 3 and it plays ok (a bit slow for my tastes..i blame Rosetta).

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Genius Bar?

Hi all!

Just sharing my system's problems.

Clean install of Jas 10.4.6 on a P4 630, Asus P5GDC Deluxe, 1GB DDR and ATI X1600 Pro 256Mb from GeCube.

Using Boris "solution":

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1152 x 870 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Im getting Screen Artifacts and sometimes the system just freezes. Just like other user posted it looks like when you overclock the graphics adapter, although I didnt run any games, just normal use (browsing, etc).

Dont know if OS X thinks that this is a Mac version of an X1600 and the settings like clock speed, memory speed are diferent from the PC and Mac versions. If so it could be a reason for this to happen.

I dont have any other version of OS X, so I will have to wait for some help while Ill try to download 1.4.5 and try other situations/options.

By the way, any reason for my adapter being listed as PCI in the Bus type? Its a PCIe version...

Nuno Maia

Question to borisbadenov

I also think I changed this line, not sure but make sure this is how what your edited plist will show, pay attention to the last line.

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IONDRVFramebuffer</string>

What value is proper for this key?

IONDRVFramebuffer or something else?

Default value for me was IONDRVFramebuffer.

My xbench was a bit low so I checked a few things in Pref Setter and found that Quartz2DExtremeEnabled was set to "false" after setting it to true and rebooting it upped my UI performance significantly. Just someting to check, I'd be interested to know if this was the case for others as well.

Hi all!

Just sharing my system's problems.

Clean install of Jas 10.4.6 on a P4 630, Asus P5GDC Deluxe, 1GB DDR and ATI X1600 Pro 256Mb from GeCube.

Using Boris "solution":

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1152 x 870 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Im getting Screen Artifacts and sometimes the system just freezes. Just like other user posted it looks like when you overclock the graphics adapter, although I didnt run any games, just normal use (browsing, etc).

Dont know if OS X thinks that this is a Mac version of an X1600 and the settings like clock speed, memory speed are diferent from the PC and Mac versions. If so it could be a reason for this to happen.

I dont have any other version of OS X, so I will have to wait for some help while Ill try to download 1.4.5 and try other situations/options.

By the way, any reason for my adapter being listed as PCI in the Bus type? Its a PCIe version...

Nuno Maia

This bug fortunately doesn't actually increase the clock speed or anything, while it looks like it.

For now, if you don't have any other version of OSX, you should try to delete ATINDRV.kext (i know, this isn't the best solution...) while waiting for a fix ; it'll come for sure :D

anyone knows what this change in the ATINDRV.kext is doin exactly:

and change this line <key>IONameMatch</key> <string>ATY,WORMY</string> to read <key>IONameMatch</key><string>display</string>

still trying to find out why DVI is not working or better said why on my laptop only external VGA is working but not the internal display...also tried my external DVI port which is DVI-D but it's also not working...

I've tried to add IONDRVSupport.kext from 10.4.3 into 10.4.6 and got kernel panic on the ATINDRV.kext loading.

Tomorrow (because it's to late for experiments) will try to use IONDRVSupport.kext from 10.4.5 that is in the Extensions_10.4.5_Disabled folder after installation from the Myzar DVD.

After spending hours trying to have my X800GTO working correctly to be able to use iMovie, I finally gave up seeing Boris solution. That should be the first time I downgrade a graphic card. So I bought a X1600Pro PCIe.

Anyway, as I was already on 10.4.6 and Boris patch was not working, I installed 10.4.5 on another disk. It was working fine, but I was facing some troubles with NTFS and FAT disks (I installed from a 10.4.4 then updated manually, so maybe not well done). So I decided to search if I can have it working on 10.4.6 by looking at extension differences. Finally, I installed a fresh 10.4.6 version (using Universal DVD) and changed the following kext:

IOPCIFamily: from v2.0 (installed by 10.4.6) to 1.8

IOGraphicsFamily: from V1.4.3b117 to 1.4.3b46 (not sure if necessary, I was trying to fix dependency error)

ATINDRV.kext: from 10.4.6 to 10.4.5 version

ATIX1000*: from 10.4.6 to 10.4.5 version

IONDRVSupport: from 10.4.6 to 10.4.5 version.

It seems to work fine, although I still have dependency errors (as I have with 10.4.6 clean install). By changing the IOPCIFamily extension, the error on that dependency is fixed. But I still have error on IOGraphicsFamily extensions, although I use the same as I'm using on 10.4.5 (don't have dependency errors on that version). Dependency errors are displayed on IONDRVSupport and ATIX1000 extensions. Strange it's working in that situation.

My 2c...

I've tried to add IONDRVSupport.kext from 10.4.3 into 10.4.6 and got kernel panic on the ATINDRV.kext loading.

Tomorrow (because it's to late for experiments) will try to use IONDRVSupport.kext from 10.4.5 that is in the Extensions_10.4.5_Disabled folder after installation from the Myzar DVD.

Won't work : only the one in 10.4.4 will work since it s dependent with other files, prolly IO*.* that has to be the same version.

Apart from using switchresx which is shareware, is there a way of using custom refresh rates?????

i've noticed than after booting it loads up a color profile which is named "display" the problem is that it just has too much gamma ;) i tried loading another one and, though it corrects the problem, everyhing is the same in the next boot. any way of setting the color profile so that it's remembered after boots??

thanks!!!

whoa, the weirdest thing happend, I changed the IOMatchCategory in ATINDRV.kext (plist) from IOFramebuffer to IONDRVFramebuffer and I get a new option in Display Preferences.

Display Preferences

post-34688-1148178929_thumb.jpg

post-34688-1148179057_thumb.jpg

System Profiler

post-34688-1148178945_thumb.jpg

sleepless night but some facts...

changed the key back to aty,wormy

now QE and CI are still working

but res change is gone :)

BUT my internal laptodisplay is working again...

i will now try to change the resolution manually...

anyone has an idea what to enter instead of DISPLAY or ATY,WORMY here since this seems to be the issue for DVI and NB-display not working with this hack...

cheers

hanschien - have you tried spanning? try dragging a window to the other desktop.

amazing news if you've found the solution for dual-monitor support ;)

Anyone using X1600 + ATINDRV and having a 104.6 ie Myzar V3? and can play games perfectly so i can install it too...cause my last 10.4.6 crashed my atindrv etc thanx

ps: i want 10.4.6 since spotlight doesnt work and samba on my 10.4.5 Myzar

sleepless night but some facts...

changed the key back to aty,wormy

now QE and CI are still working

but res change is gone ;)

BUT my internal laptodisplay is working again...

i will now try to change the resolution manually...

anyone has an idea what to enter instead of DISPLAY or ATY,WORMY here since this seems to be the issue for DVI and NB-display not working with this hack...

cheers

I've also tried a.m. way because of missing dvi-output. Changing Display back to ATY,WORMY results in mouse tearing. Ideas ?

Tried both Quartz*.* frameworks plus OpenGL from 10.4.4 on .4.6 and had the same bug using 10.4.4 Radeon kexts.

Maybe you need it too, but we miss another one there... Logically it might be AGL, though really I am NOT sure at all and we DO need to investigate. I am pretty sure though it has nothing to do with ANY ATI kexts file... Might be another kext which hasn't have anything to do with ATI, you never know... Well a pain in the arse anyway to find it !

You should try the following: OpenGL.framework and ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle ...

I have a Radeon7500 and with these from 10.4.1 OpenGL works perfectly .... changing one of those with newer ones will cause OpenGl applications to crash. Maybe it's the same here.

About what "display" means... if you load the kexts one by one, you'll see how the matching goes.... the Radeon should declare as ATI,Wormy (from the EFI ROM), but because EFI is not working, of course. ... the card will not be properly recognized... no hack will actually improve that. Instead, the card is recognized as "display" ... check ioreg .... so ATINDRV will match the "display" from the system ... in this case ATI ....

Because X1600 is used by Apple, of course there are some checks for X1600 ... which you all will pass (maybe they are done by device id ... or by chip type... ).

The other cards will not pass those checks and that;s why they will not work .... I am actually amazed that X1800 works ;) (maybe it's another way that the checks are made).

Maybe I am wrong ... somebody with better knowledge please explain better :)