borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

yeah first remove the resolution into com.apple.boot.plist, then be sure to change ATINDRV the rest is only for CE QI...

so change in it : ATY WORMY to display

and IONDRVDEVICE to IOPCIDEVICE

repair permissions!!!! then remove EXTENSIONS.MKEXT AND . KEXTCACHE

it should work

EDITED : MUNKY i think boris forgot about that, can you add it into the first page guide?

borisbadenov, with a simillar hack, do you think we would be able to enable QE on radeon 7500-9250?

do you have an idea how to do?

sorry for bumping me question, but after 15 page...

aparently some are saying that a similar hack sould work for enabeling QE

Hi all again.

I had problems with my GeCube X1600Pro using 10.4.6 (JaS). Managed to put it to work, but had lots of artifacts and system instability.

I was able to get a copy of 10.4.5, I think its Myzar's version, and followed the Boris instructions again.

Now I have a stable system, no artifacts at all.

I really have to thanks you guys for all your enfforts, hope you continue to solve it all out so DVI, multidislpay, etc works aswell.

I dont have a Monitor with DVI connection so I cant help any1 in that matter for now, but im waitting for a new monitor and hope to get DVI by then, if not than I can help in trying, just ask and ill try.

An offtopic question: Im kind a new to Macs so my question is: Is there an application like Norton Ghost for Mac?

It would be nice to restore a system after all testing and stuff.

Thanks once again to all of you, not just the ones that provided the "solution" but to all that asked questions that made this all happen.

Nuno Maia

(Portugal)

Hi there,

i have a Toshiba Tecra A7...

is there any solution for Ati Mobility Radeon x1400 (256mb) (Device ID: 7145), to get 1280x800x32?

I can only get 1024x768x32.

thanks in advance

eh for u guys using ASUS X1600:

what is ur version of OSX? i suggest u to install MYZAR 10.4.4/5

if ur VENDOR ID is 71C2 then i'll send u my kext in worst but before

repair permissions and remove the extensions.mkext n kextcache...no way it cant work except for u guuys i would rather suggest to download ASUS latest X1600 BIOS!! who knows...let me know, ill found out and should have ATINDRV working asap :)

http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

Yes, I'm on AMD. So now it's clear it works for me because it uses the older 1.4.5 framework and drivers.

BTW, did anyone test to change the DEVID from the primary to the secondary (as it says in Win) ID to get DVI output? That whould be 71E0 instead of 71C0 for my X1600.

Did you test it already with the secondary DevID ?

i had been thinking that putting the secondary ID in *as well as* the primary might make the dual-monitor support found by hanschien actually work.

i dont have two displays (any more! sob!) to test, but it might help someone...

hello boys, I do not know more what to make, is from a week who I try to make to work mine x1600xt but I do not succeed to us neanche with your precious aids! you could send the correct rows in order to make to me to work my card indicating to me in which kext or plist threading them? I not am successful and the system does not set off more making to see one me shielded blue! you help me I pray to you…! ps I have installed the 10.4.6

ps: but someone that is successful to make to work the own ones x1600xt could mail the working rows? so that all can unload them and insert them in the own containing folder the rows kext… it can be made?

i had been thinking that putting the secondary ID in *as well as* the primary might make the dual-monitor support found by hanschien actually work.

Without adding the secondary device id, the analog portion of the DVI-I output works via a DVI to VGA adapter. The two displays are mirrored but I can't get it to extend even though I can drag my mouse & windows to the phantom space.

Slightly off topic...do dual displays work with two separate video cards, maybe of the exact same model?

Ok, it running perfectly here, Congratz Boris!!!! you are awesome! this post should BE AT GENIUS BAR!!!

Videocard ASUS X1600XT Silent version

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCI

Slot: PCIE X16 SLOT

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c0

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

The VGA is my LCD display....

No artifacts, i really note a very slight performance hit when i start full screen visualization on itunes but no problem really, NO ARTIFACTS AT ALL, mouse works perfect, i am connected to a FLAT LCD SONY screen, working flawlessly.

NOTE: USING JAS 10.4.6 fresh install with my autologin fix and samba fix.

gona try a second CRT monitor later, any help with dual monitor?

I am using the addtional modification in the framebuffer so i have the option to mirror and second display (doesnt look to be working, and it appears that the second display is struck in 1024 x 768), note when mouse moves on the phantome second display theres some artifacts appearing instead of the mouse pointer (really no problem), mmmm it appears second display isnt working, should see with my other crt monitor later.

I will love to have second display working, any help?????

BTW Desktop manger workes perfect.

Regards

Aberracus

Boris, i've looked into getting EFI up and running before.

To use the radeon.efi EFI driver, you need to have an special EFI-compatible BIOS installed on your Video Card....

if we could figure out some way to flash the bios that is available on current MACs onto our video cards, and then use the EFI framework available from Intel maybe we could have full support.

forget about this, omni should be working on a efi routine to avoid some possible bugs...anyway bofors and rogabean are trying to make an EFI emulator so wont need to flash anything...we will see in time

Question for you then. When loading, it sems that, if the card has the correct crack applied to it, the delay in boot time is it (or the OS) looking to boot the card in EFI? Is there a way to input the vaules into the card (via plist, etc) so that it will not have to do this search? Or maybe an EFI buffer perhaps? Or is there a way to tie it into Darwin boot loader? I have XP and Linux also on my box, I do not want anything too compicated to boot, etc.

Boris, i've looked into getting EFI up and running before.

To use the radeon.efi EFI driver, you need to have an special EFI-compatible BIOS installed on your Video Card....

if we could figure out some way to flash the bios that is available on current MACs onto our video cards, and then use the EFI framework available from Intel maybe we could have full support.

hello you could send the rows to me already compiles you for my card video? I am not as well as expert of programming and he comes to me difficult to editare and to activate the rows kext that you with much gentility have indicated as to modify… quite today in order to execute the modifications I have rendered my computer inavvibile, in fact when the start you give blue shielding to me and she says me of riavviare…! then once modified the rows as I make to activate them? I have only repaired the permissions of the disc I have not made the commandos kext cache etc… perche I do not succeed to us…. I to you pray to you I send the rows to me I compile for me… I do not succeed to us: - (

I have a sapphire x1600xt pci express...

Ok, it running perfectly here, Congratz Boris!!!! you are awesome! this post should BE AT GENIUS BAR!!!

Videocard ASUS X1600XT Silent version

No artifacts, i really note a very slight performance hit when i start full screen visualization on itunes but no problem really, NO ARTIFACTS AT ALL, mouse works perfect, i am connected to a FLAT LCD SONY screen, working flawlessly.

NOTE: USING JAS 10.4.6 fresh install with my autologin fix and samba fix.

gona try a second CRT monitor later, any help with dual monitor?

I am using the addtional modification in the framebuffer so i have the option to mirror and second display (doesnt look to be working, and it appears that the second display is struck in 1024 x 768), note when mouse moves on the phantome second display theres some artifacts appearing instead of the mouse pointer (really no problem), mmmm it appears second display isnt working, should see with my other crt monitor later.

I will love to have second display working, any help?????

BTW Desktop manger workes perfect.

Regards

Aberracus

Could you try to play a game for like 2 min please and tell us if it works ok ?

If you don't have any OpenGL game, try Chess, should be enough to do that test, though if you have any other REAL opengl game, try one first.

hello you could send the rows to me already compiles you for my card video? I am not as well as expert of programming and he comes to me difficult to editare and to activate the rows kext that you with much gentility have indicated as to modify… quite today in order to execute the modifications I have rendered my computer inavvibile, in fact when the start you give blue shielding to me and she says me of riavviare…! then once modified the rows as I make to activate them? I have only repaired the permissions of the disc I have not made the commandos kext cache etc… perche I do not succeed to us…. I to you pray to you I send the rows to me I compile for me… I do not succeed to us: - (

I have a sapphire x1600xt pci express...

You should definitly try Altavista translation, it's a bit better than Google I guess :S

Seriously, could you please do some efforts on your sentences because I can't understand a thing.

I think I caught you didn't delete kext caches ; well you have to, else it won't work.

with the bios of x1600xt mac edition there is need to make these modifications or the card comes immediately recognized from the system like a true one imac?

If you have an ATI X1600 XT mac edition for your PC, then throw it away, you don't need one and it'll prolly won't work. You have to use one made for PCs.