borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

RobNyc

1,381 posts in this topic

i dont think so...

don't forget that radeon 7500,8500 and so on also use the same OS (tiger) and they all go through the ATINDRV kext, but maybe our problem is that their cards are somehow changed to work with PPC CPU's while the x1600 ones are for the new x86 CPUs...

so what needs to be done is applying some patches to the atindrv so it would work with older cards even though they are not made for PPC

I have been playing around with my settings too. Yes, I can now see support for dual monitors as per Hanschien (good work) but haven't got the second one up...yet. Check your settings; if you do NOT mirror display, the second mouse will go away I do agree that the X1600 is looking for EFI boot. I think that this is the reason it takes a bit longer for the system to boot up. As geo2002 says, there are still dependencies being looked for. Some might be EFI boot, some might be because all hasn't been mapped out yet. By accident, I mistyped my device ID in the x1600 kext and it still loaded and worked but without QE/CI, but booted much faster, obviously because it was not looking/booting the card I really have (but not listed in kext because of my error) There is a lot of text in its kext that can be deleted and does not change a thing; perhaps this is related to the boot and EFI. When running my monitor from my card via VGA port, on system profile, my monitor is listed as VGA monitor but when run through my dvi port, my monitor is fully listed. From listening to many people, and from looking at 10.4.4, 10.4.5 and 10.4.6, it seems that the latter has some changes to ATI files that the others do not. I have not had the problems with games, etc as does cyclonefr. I suggeest installing Myzar's 10.4.5 and putting JaS 10.4.6 patch atop. Seems the best fit all around.

borisbadenov,

firstly a big tks for your effort and others too....but I been trying for tha last 8 hours still nothing...here's my set-up

mobo:gigabyte 81945g pro

display: sapphire x1600pro 256m pcie

2g ram, maxtor ide hardisk

Like your previous message, I install myzar 10.4.5 first then 10.4.6 v3, after that I follow exactly what u've told in the first page of this thread... still in the dark, Attached is a screen dup after the patch....

I know it is difficult to say.... or let me put it this way... anyone have light with the sapphire x1600pro 256m pcie, mind to give me a hand :hysterical:

Cheers/Blackfire920

perhaps this is related to the boot and EFI. When running my monitor from my card via VGA port, on system profile, my monitor is listed as VGA monitor but when run through my dvi port, my monitor is fully listed. From listening to many people, and from looking at 10.4.4, 10.4.5 and 10.4.6, it seems that the latter has some changes to ATI files that the others do not. I have not had the problems with games, etc as does cyclonefr. I suggeest installing Myzar's 10.4.5 and putting JaS 10.4.6 patch atop. Seems the best fit all around.

So your dvi port is fully working using your method ? If yes, how did you managed this ?

You should try the following: OpenGL.framework and ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle ...

I have a Radeon7500 and with these from 10.4.1 OpenGL works perfectly .... changing one of those with newer ones will cause OpenGl applications to crash. Maybe it's the same here.

I'm using ATI extensions and OpenGL framework (v. 10.4.8) from 10.4.5 (maybe they come from an older system version) on my 10.4.6 system. If I use 10.4.6 ATI extensions, it doesn't work. If I use 10.4.6 OpenGL framework, I have crashes in some applications (such as iPhoto when using the effect toolbar).

I suggeest installing Myzar's 10.4.5 and putting JaS 10.4.6 patch atop. Seems the best fit all around.

But all this is still only related to x1600 cards. And how I can distinguish a Myzar 10.4.5 Install DVD from others in place like the Bay or Demon´s? It´s getting really trick to do this. There are too many x86 releases of OS X at the moment.

ok i have made some test : dont install 10.4.6 : some frameworks + video extensions are making mad my video card under OPENGL APPS and freeze the PC + gets lots of artifacts...maybe apple's protection or the fact we still use 10.4.4 KERNEL ...

anyway 10.4.5 is fine among my ATINDRV runs fine :P

I just installed the Jas 10.4.6 Install DVD with the PPF patch from dem***id, did the instructions as on page 1 of this thread and it works! Resolution selection and no artifacts. I don't know which kexts get used, so it might be the old kexts. System says 10.4.6 though. I'm having a Sapphire X1600XT 100271C0.

Just to let you know RobNyc has it working with my install dvd, As does vaderd,check RobNyc's his sig in this post

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=116434

I dont know why people are saying my install is no good for this Hack

I only had a problem with your install dvd because it would not boot off my sata drive after the install, otherwise I would have stuck with it. Any ideas on the X1600 card using EFI boot?

as i just said before, but im repeating this if someone wanna try, dont install 10.4.6 ati's kext and frameworks or u'll breake ur ATINDRV support for games etc having artifacts...maybe a new apple security or simply the lack of a new 10.4.6 kernel, we will see in time if Semjaza can hack 10.4.6

borisbadenov you made me a happy panda, I have full Resolution Display options,QE and Rotation on my x1800xl.

But for some reason I dont have the option for 1440x900 every other option but that one....

You rock,

Do you have a paypal account?

I only had a problem with your install dvd because it would not boot off my sata drive after the install, otherwise I would have stuck with it. Any ideas on the X1600 card using EFI boot?

maybe the newly created EFI-forum could be a way... the 2 guys there are really impressive...

JaS: I tried to be careful to state that I wasnt attacking your 10.4.6 dvd at all. Just that, for whatever reason, installing from it made the boris solution not work on my hardware (X1800XL PCI-E), whereas a myzar 10.4.5 made it work. This has less to do with who put the DVD together and everything to do with the fact its 10.4.5 vs 10.4.6

Your efforts in this community are certainly very highly regarded by most (if not all), including myself. You rock, in short, and so do your DVDs. I bet the problem is one damn kext or framework version which differs, and its buggering up the whole thing.

Tch, life eh?

i tried as in the first page but the next time it boot to OS X with a black page, i can only see the mouse cursor, any advice ?

my system : amd64 3000+, gigabyte x1600 pro (the device ID is the same as in sample (71C2) , mainboard gigabyte k8nf-9

the myzar disc is listed as a 10.4.4/10.4.5 install disc. it has AMD support also.

Thanks, i´ll try to grab this.

My freind with the x1300 is having some trouble to install a 10.4.6, maybe this is the answer to him and a possibility to test this procedure on his card.

Today I have installed a 10.4.6 dvd...

my sapphire x1600xt porks right? with this mod?

I have installed the 10.4.5 kxt's in 10.4.3 and don't work correctly... but in system propriety te vga don't have kext load :censored2:

wath is the solution for me?

macpanther & RobNyc,

You are both so close but the solution is simple. and the problem is where you thought it was RobNyc. For example, macpanther, your device ID (ID depositivo) is 0x71c0 and Vendor ID (Formitore) is ATI 0x1002. You need to place these two values properly in the kext.

Where I have <string>0x71C21002</string> because my Device ID is 71c2

Yours will be <string>0x71C01002</string>

see the difference?

And RobNyc, seems that you got yours fixed now but I can see one error, same thing, you need to replace all what I have in bold to your Device ID

<key>CFPlugInFactories</key>

<dict>

<key>100271c2-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</key>

<string>100271c2-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</string>

</dict>

<key>CFPlugInTypes</key>

<dict>

<key>ACCF0000-0000-0000-0000-000a2789904e</key>

<array>

<string>1002514c-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</string>

</array>

</dict>

<key>NSExecutable</key>

<string>ATIRadeonX1000GA</string>

<key>Personality</key>

<dict>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IONDRVFramebuffer</string>

</dict>

Hope that helps.

Sorry I was not more clear. Ciao

We have the same device id , 71c2 = 71C2

so isn't it the samething?

All I'm worried about is my other 256mb nvram where is it at lol . With omni/callisto my card is detected (Name, RAm size, agp slot) . The Boris + Callisto should unite :)

I must thank everyone who is part of the OSX86 community, big thanks to Jas in special since I'm running his 10.4.6 iso dvd, big thanks to omni for always trying to help me, big thanks to boris to be the first to reply to my thread and give everybody a easy way, and big thanks to everyone whos trying to contribute :) .. we're getting there!!

JaS: I tried to be careful to state that I wasnt attacking your 10.4.6 dvd at all. Just that, for whatever reason, installing from it made the boris solution not work on my hardware (X1800XL PCI-E), whereas a myzar 10.4.5 made it work. This has less to do with who put the DVD together and everything to do with the fact its 10.4.5 vs 10.4.6

Your efforts in this community are certainly very highly regarded by most (if not all), including myself. You rock, in short, and so do your DVDs. I bet the problem is one damn kext or framework version which differs, and its buggering up the whole thing.

Tch, life eh?

:) I know you were not attacking my install,But when I was reading this thread to see whats going on I saw a few posts saying this hack was not working with my install.So I thought I would take the time to point out users are getting it to work with the 10.4.6 dvd before 1000 threads start up about "Hey JaS 10.4.6 working with X1600 hack or not"

I am wondering if the JaS 10.4.6 users that this is working for also installed the gma900 support package.It has the 4.5 gl framework in it.

Well this is strange.

Currently I'm using an Asus X1600Pro 512mb PCI-E graphics card. Following the instructions I do manage to get QE/CI enabled, but no resolution changes, and I still get mouse tearing.

Would the fact that I'm running it through a KVM mean anything? I wouldn't assume so because usually it can retrieve EDID information regardless of whether or not the KVM is present.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

My system specs:

Pentium D 840 (3.2GHz)

4GB DDR2-667

Intel D955XBX Motherboard

Asus X1600Pro 512MB

Using the 10.4.4 myzar disc (without the 10.4.5 patch)

Oh, and my video card is the same PCI ID (71c2)