Callisto Technical Discussion

Swad

826 posts in this topic

Hycel, what do you mean "hard reboot"?

My mobility 9600 (64mb) got distorted noises at 1280x800. It doesn't work even serverl reboots.

anyone know of a way to edit the detected display setting, i think the only problem i have is my pixel clock is off.

"Hard reboot" means holding down the power button until the system turns off, or it could mean cutting the power to the computer to turn it off. Many refer to it as "shutting down the wrong way" because it can cause problems due to that fact that the system is being forced to shut down without going through proper shutdown procedures.

I'm going to try the Alpha 002 driver again. I have nothing to loose. I can easily remove via darwin if worst comes to worst.

The ATi drivers from January are from 10.4.5, no? I think anybody with a Myzar 10.4.6 update has the new ATi kexts placed in a folder labeled "Extensions_Disabled_10.4.6."

I'm going to try running the 002 alpha driver with the Radeon 9700.kext purposely disabled. I have a weird feeling I'll see a big difference.

Permission to say f*** on osx86project.org

Look what I did...

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions*

And I was trying to remove the kextcache files...

You can only guess what happened :>

^_^

Nice one! Well, it's spring after all, and with that the spring cleaning is coming...

Again ;)

Lol, thats not good

I spotted that as well and thought hey. i was writing it down as well so i remember how to delete files if i need to..

It should be rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.* i presume... Hope no noob screws his install up.

hycel, what size is your T42 screen ?

i can only get to 1024x768 but i suspect that it's my screen's fault and not the driver since in windows i can only get 1024x768 as well...

mine is a 14" . I can get resolution all the way up to 1400x1050 on it.. i used the alpha 002 driver.. With the 001 build i had no luck at all. NOw it works great

Hi Guys...

i asked for a script which change the resolution at startup, because some people have isues at startup windowserver. after a resolution change screens will be fine.

so i find a interested thing...

open script editor:

do shell script "path/to/cscreen -x 1024 -y 768"

and save as running script, then put in your user startupitems (use control panel---user)

download cscreen here:

http://www.pyehouse.com/lynn/cscreen.dmg

for me it work on this way:

i need 2 scripts the first load:

do shell script "path/to/cscreen -x 1024 -y 768"

and then my native resolution:

do shell script "path/to/cscreen -x 1680 -y 1050"

hope it helps

Lol, thats not good

I spotted that as well and thought hey. i was writing it down as well so i remember how to delete files if i need to..

It should be rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.* i presume... Hope no noob screws his install up.

rm /System/Library/extensions.*

:)

It prolly best to type

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

so you don't make that mistake.

personally I always find just booting up the next time with -f works just fine. I've never HAD to remove the mkext and kextcache when modifying kexts.

Ok, something really weird just happened.

I was in Windows, did a reboot, and I rebooted back to Windows. When I got to Windows, the screen became all distorted like it does when I try to set OS X to 1280x800. I rebooted again, and all is well.

I am really confused. How can that happen?

//ATI Mobility 9600

Ok, something really weird just happened.

I was in Windows, did a reboot, and I rebooted back to Windows. When I got to Windows, the screen became all distorted like it does when I try to set OS X to 1280x800. I rebooted again, and all is well.

I am really confused. How can that happen?

//ATI Mobility 9600

I've had the machine "garble" happen to me in windows before i tried osx86. Usually just closing and opening the lid would fix the problem, or if necessary a reboot.

But it rarely happened.

what a long thread!

U english speaker cant imagine how i read it.........

feels like in the hell

why not divide the thread into small ones

for example,

for QE/CI discussion

for res discussion

for wide screen discussion

for 9x00 cards

for x x00 cards

for mobility....

for "how to use" discussion ?

ERikk i would be interested to know if ur workaround adding script really work, cause when u play a game it reask to change the res so i dont see how ur script can reapply the change of resolution?

Anyway as i told here JaS has a working release, so does omni. Im waiting for omni's answer to publish it.

ERikk i would be interested to know if ur workaround adding script really work, cause when u play a game it reask to change the res so i dont see how ur script can reapply the change of resolution?

Anyway as i told here JaS has a working release, so does omni. Im waiting for omni's answer to publish it.

good morning...

i try to explain my issue with callisto:

the driver works well and i can change nearly all resolutions, but at startup after logon-window most time the screen is shown not correct, mostly i have timing errors. every time after startup i have to change the resolution to another working one, and then resolution change works well. i can switch via control panel without errors. but on restart same error again. my idea was a script, that do the same as me every start, switch back to a working resolution and then back to my native working resolution.

the script working fine at me, and you can still play games or watch itunes visualization... in my case after running the script all resolution change in running system works great.... but how i say, only at startup (the first switch) get me bad screens.

sorry for my english

good morning...

i try to explain my issue with callisto:

the driver works well and i can change nearly all resolutions, but at startup after logon-window most time the screen is shown not correct, mostly i have timing errors. every time after startup i have to change the resolution to another working one, and then resolution change works well. i can switch via control panel without errors. but on restart same error again. my idea was a script, that do the same as me every start, switch back to a working resolution and then back to my native working resolution.

the script working fine at me, and you can still play games or watch itunes visualization... in my case after running the script all resolution change in running system works great.... but how i say, only at startup (the first switch) get me bad screens.

sorry for my english

i got it, but this problem is known by omni and can be fixed only by him.

U r wrong, this problem not only appear at startup, u'll have it once more if u run either a game that change resolution, or a slideshow under powerpoint,/keynote that change resolution also...

So having this kind of workaround is not for me a good thing.

I suggest u to wait for omni's solution.

Bien sur qu'il marche, seulement defoit il y a un peut beaucoup d'artéfact...

dit pas le driver marche pas, dit dans sont cas le driver marche pas.

______________ traduction:

Of course this driver work, only in his case it still buggy. Dont say "forgot that this driver dont work"

T'es gentil, tu vas apprendre le français, réviser ton orthographe et tu reviens ok ?

(For English speakers, this dumbass is just writing in French worse than a five year old retarded boy..)

lol, btw ive never said the driver doesnt work at all, just said no use to figure out on manual how to install it as this guys seemed to be a noob, and he will crash his system having the white screen + blue stripe so tha'ts no a good idea to try it when u dont have a minimum knowledge of the consequences.