Callisto Technical Discussion

Swad

826 posts in this topic

Greets.

The driver is working fine for me, can change the refresh rate and also detects correctly my laptop FP.

But I cannot choose 1280x768, the native resolution. Just 1024,800 and 640 :)

ATI mobility x1600

ID:71c5

Callisto loading fine!

Resolution change ends up in a magenta coloured screen...also with arrowkeys no change back possible

enabling QE/CI with CallistoFB in ATIRadeon1000GA.kext is also not possible.

cheers

I second that but my ID is 71c2 (Dont know why yours is c5)

1024x768 default

Callisto still detecting my monitor as CRT even connected via DVI or VGA(Analog RGB)

X300 Mobility (5460) works here, though with a few glitches. See Screenshot. :)

When running Callisto without CI/QE, I get weird artefacts around a Flash applet when viewing any article or file on http://support.xmplay.com. This disappears when switching on CI/QE, but then there is mouse tearing (which I can live with).

A few times it already happened that the screen went totally nuts after the login window, flashing like mad and displaying just pixel garbage. After a reboot it was just fine again. After first switching on CI/QE, the screen was like this, too. Disabled it in safe mode, re-enabled it and the screen was displayed like split in half (as reported by other users). I still could navigate to the monitors pref pane and after switching to a different res, all was fine again. The screenshot was taken right after enabling the accel and switching the res.

post-27484-1147122230_thumb.png

Hi!

I installed Callisto on my Acer Aspire 1501 LCI and it works, but if I want to go to the monitor settings it shows up an error like this: "The application Systemeinstellungen quit unexpectedly."

the graphics card is a radeo 9600 mobility 64mb id: 4e50

€: Got it to work, but the resolutions aren't working correct (1400x1050)

thanks for help

Nice work Omni, love the work.

I have the same problem as some others here. It detects my card 9700 pro mobile and the lcd screen but it hangs when it is supose to load the login screen.

I am not shure it is hanging, it looks like the computer continues loading osx since the harddrive is in use. I will test some more tomorrow and see if I can get shure about if the OS is loading or not.

Anyone else who got the same problem, who managed to fix it or have some ideas?

-SleepO

Ok, I tried copying the settings from powerstrip to a custom resolution in displayconfigX but still no go. It doesn't want to load my setup because it won't pass certain tests on boot. I still have lots of artifacts in native 1280x800. However I'm pretty happy it's detected as LCD and got QE and CI back working after editing 9700GA plugin. Hopefully proper LCD monitor detection will be done soon.

Omni, thanx a ton! keep up good work!

Great work... 1680x1050 is working ok messes up sometimes but switching between res fixes the issue. ATI x550.QE and CI work fine!

I cant express how much I appreciat the very hard work you have done.

GO OMNI!!!

So anyone know the key shortcut to restart OS X without a hard reboot? And what's gonna happen to the next ep of Lost??

Ana-Lucia will be found dead in the hatch by John, Jack and Kate. Libby will be in a coma, but we won't know if she lives until seasons 3. Jack and Locke will both say it's the other's fault. Hurley will be devasted, thinking he's bad luck addede a(n almost) dead person as a trophy. Wednesday's flashback will be about Mr. Eko, which will probably clear the church issue, the "good ones" issue and some other things. He'll also try to find what is the mysterious '?' central station, believed to be highly electromagnetic. Next week is a Michael ep and the two-hours finale will feature a long Desmond flashback. We'll learn what happened when he was put in jail, and what was his story with the island. The Losties will probably decide to let the hatch explode, and to be done with it. I think they'll just do that by not entering the numbers, launching some kind of magnetic storm/explosion. I hate the idea that they'll blow a fine collection of 33RPM vynils and a perfectly fine Mathmos that would be so nice in my room. Give them to me, instead of making it explode.

At least I replied half your question. Maybe not the one you wanted, though.

Mods: it's a joke :)

I'm sure pretty boy will be devistated to find that the only girl that gave it up on that island is dead. What a pitty this wasn't showed on HBO. I hear the beginning of season 3, they'll find an ATI driver in one of the tapes in the other hatch that supports dual head and it also shows omni and maxxuss explaining how to install it on OS X 10.5.5. I can't wait till then :)

Hmm

I can't get the driver to load on my machine. I have a Radeon x1600XT. I think its an issue with the device ID i'm putting in the IOPCIMatch key. Can anyone give me the exact string they have put in for this key?

My device ID is 71c0.

Not working on my ATI 9600 Mobility.

My IOPCIMatch is 0x4e50&0xffffffff

Is that correct?

Maybe I have to get my card recognized correctly as AGP, which I'm having absolutely no luck on with my Dell 8600 & the AppleI386PCI kext. I could have sworn I saw a thread with the correct bridge info in these forums, but can't pull it up again. :censored2:

I also have a mobility 9600 (64mb), and it is recognized as PCI too. (It is AGP actually.)

The screen is distorted with many signal noises after I switched to 1280x800.

I saw a success in mobility 9700, which device id is also 4e50. (wierd...)

I have already reported the bug to omni.

Maybe we should wait for his next version.

Not working on my ATI 9600 Mobility.

My IOPCIMatch is 0x4e50&0xffffffff

Is that correct?

Maybe I have to get my card recognized correctly as AGP, which I'm having absolutely no luck on with my Dell 8600 & the AppleI386PCI kext. I could have sworn I saw a thread with the correct bridge info in these forums, but can't pull it up again. :censored2:

just a lie, the cursor still scrambles since i ve just explained u. U can try and see.

This man must have ran WOW like a noob.

No!

Its not a lie!

I can confirm what was Tush said.

I have the same card and i have artifacts too, but after OpenGL games the mouse works great and the cursor is not scrambled anymore.

cyclonefr, please dont post something thats not true!

can you add detail

there is many kind of "laptop" and many possible card

but try rebooting in 1280x800 few time, the result of the driver is random

Mobility Radeon 9600 (4e50)

It's a gateway laptop, everything else works on osx and im running 10.4.5

Mobility Radeon 9600 (4e50)

It's a gateway laptop, everything else works on osx and im running 10.4.5

I have a gateway laptop with the same video card (9600 mobility 4e50). When I set it to 1280x800, the display becomes all garbled. When I try to set it back to 1024x768, it remains garbled until reboot. It doesn't seem that anyone with a 9600 mobility has this driver working properly.

mmk:

You had the same problem as I did where the login screen never loaded. Have you found a way to bypass it? I see you mentioned somewhere that you managed to get 1024x768 or something with this driver.

I'm also noticing something: Omni himself has yet to comment in this thread. Maybe he doesn't want to be bombarded with requests and complaints. Still, I'd like some rough idea of his roadmap.

Omni has decided not to use the forums anymore.

mmk:

You had the same problem as I did where the login screen never loaded. Have you found a way to bypass it? I see you mentioned somewhere that you managed to get 1024x768 or something with this driver.

I used release 2 of the driver :censored2:

1024x768 is the highest res on my laptop.

X300 Mobility (5460) works here, though with a few glitches. See Screenshot. :censored2:

When running Callisto without CI/QE, I get weird artefacts around a Flash applet when viewing any article or file on http://support.xmplay.com. This disappears when switching on CI/QE, but then there is mouse tearing (which I can live with).

A few times it already happened that the screen went totally nuts after the login window, flashing like mad and displaying just pixel garbage. After a reboot it was just fine again. After first switching on CI/QE, the screen was like this, too. Disabled it in safe mode, re-enabled it and the screen was displayed like split in half (as reported by other users). I still could navigate to the monitors pref pane and after switching to a different res, all was fine again. The screenshot was taken right after enabling the accel and switching the res.

Hello ThomasR,

I had similar problem as yours. How do you boot/reboot in safe mode?

Running P4 3.0G, ATI9600XT.

Thanks