[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have a Zotac 9300

E6400

2GB ram

320GB hdd

Trying to install snow leopard on this but slightly stuck on how to make a bootable usb drive

Could someone point me in the right direction for making bootable (charmeleon?) usb drive to start the SL setup?

Im using windows 7 x64

Thanks

Hello did anyone got the GF 9300 I-E to work.

Yes, got it working almost perfectly. I'm only having issues with LAN. It's working ok until waking up from sleep, than its dead. Only a complete power off/on brings it back to life.

Anyone knows what could be causing this and/or how it can be fixed?

I have the same setup as you, check out my post

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1499725

Everything works on mine including sleep. I have to run the USB's at slow speed setting in the BIOS for them to work reliably.

Hi,

I have built a system with following:

1. ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX-K-E WiFi motherboard

2. Intel core 2 Q8200 CPU (quad core) 1333 FSB

3. 4GB DDR3 memory 1333mhz

4. 500GB SATA Hard drive

5. Optocal Slimline DVD RW blueray drive is also SATA

6. Case: Silverstone SG05B

For my install I am using iATKOS S3v2 10.6.3 installed OK and updated to 10.6.4 all OK.

I have managed to get Sound and Graphics with QE/CI fine. However I am having USB2 ECHI issues (USB1 working fine) and Sleep does not work. The USB2 EHCI error at boot up is:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI]: __ZN23AppleUSBEHCIDiagnostics17createDiagnosticsEP 12AppleUSBEHCI

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI - link failed.

Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI.

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI failed to load (0xdc008016).

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI (error 0xdc008016).

Couldn't alloc class "AppleUSBEHCI"

Not loading kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI - not found and kextd not available in early boot.

1. How do I fix the above USB ECHI issue?

2. Also the sleep issue?

I would be most grateful if anyone can share a working copy DSDT,EE, SLE files I can use.

Yes, got it working almost perfectly. I'm only having issues with LAN. It's working ok until waking up from sleep, than its dead. Only a complete power off/on brings it back to life.

Doesn't this just take the RealtekR1000.kext to fix?

Patrick

Have you WiFI working? And have you fixed this lan problem? I have the same problem :x.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

My HDD with Leopard died so I thought it's time to go to snow leopard.

I have a 10.6.3 installation DVD but no sata DVD drive so I installed 10.6.3 Vanilla on VMware.

It's working fine but when I move the HDD to my OSX box I get a Kernel Panic (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)

Could I have an step by step idea on what to do now. I have tried many howtos but I'm still not clear. Now I was gonna try scrax's installer but i realized it's for 10.6.5

NVM all that, got it together on 10.6.3, only pieces missing:

- CPU reported as Intel Core 2 Solo and being only 1 core on System Profiler and About this Mac, dunno if it's a stetic only thing.

- Won't come back from sleep, no matter if i hit a key or press the power button won't do anything

- WiFi...but I couldn't care less

Will installing the 10.6.4 combo update break anything?

Hi

My HDD with Leopard died so I thought it's time to go to snow leopard.

I have a 10.6.3 installation DVD but no sata DVD drive so I installed 10.6.3 Vanilla on VMware.

It's working fine but when I move the HDD to my OSX box I get a Kernel Panic (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)

Could I have an step by step idea on what to do now. I have tried many howtos but I'm still not clear. Now I was gonna try scrax's installer but i realized it's for 10.6.5

You can use it, only appleHDA is different so you need the one posted here

It didn't work... used your installer and nothing, got crashes, then I figured I had to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

During the update to 10.6.4 it crashed and it all broke down so had to reinstall, thought I was gonna take the smart route then, used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with EasyDSDT to get it working after removing the Jmicron Extras. Used your aforementioned AppleLegacyHDA kext too and nvkush to get working video so I can get the NVcaps.

After that I learned how to inject them into my DSDT, deleted nvkush and now my video is perfect with only the DSDT I'm proud :)

Weird that your DSDT didn't work for me. Got blue screen when loading games or changing resolution. I have this hardware

- Zotac 9300-D-E

- 4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800

- Intel Core 2 Duo e8400@3.8Ghz

- Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB

I thought your DSDT should work but well...it's fine now I can share my /Extra folder if someone needs it.

Missing:

- CPU reported as Intel Core 2 Solo and being only 1 core on System Profiler and About this Mac, dunno if it's a stetic only thing. Activity Monitor shows 2 cores.

- Won't come back from sleep, no matter if i hit a key or press the power button won't do anything does it work for you Scrax? don't have a PS/2 KB

- CPU reported as Intel Core 2 Solo and being only 1 core on System Profiler and About this Mac, dunno if it's a stetic only thing. Activity Monitor shows 2 cores.

- Won't come back from sleep, no matter if i hit a key or press the power button won't do anything does it work for you Scrax? don't have a PS/2 KB

Please post your dsdt.

-CPU reported right on my setup. Intel xeon with a quad core and Core 2 Duo with E8500

post-464373-1289451124_thumb.png

-Sleep for me works but only the power button can wake the machine from sleep because it's a first revision of the board.

-Wifi as mentioned early in the topic is nearly impossible to make it work until someone can port the linux driver

Please post your dsdt.

-CPU reported right on my setup. Intel xeon with a quad core and Core 2 Duo with E8500

post-464373-1289451124_thumb.png

-Sleep for me works but only the power button can wake the machine from sleep because it's a first revision of the board.

-Wifi as mentioned early in the topic is nearly impossible to make it work until someone can port the linux driver

Here is my complete Extra folder in case it's useful for anybody.

I tested it again by installing on an external, updating to 10.6.4 and just using this + your AppleHDA and it still works for me

Still gotta find out how to make sleep work and the names on the About this Mac are still messed up.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/149537/Extra.rar

Could anyone please confirm that QE is working in SL 10.6.2? I could change resolutions, but it looks like QE is not working for me... cannot install Final Cut and all. What do I need to do to configure QE support?

Also, audio output selection is not sticking for me, i.e. after every reboot audio always deaults to "headphones" and I have to go to Preferences every time to change it to output to "internal speakers". Annoying. :)

Hello MOCKBA80,

it took me quite some time for installing Final Cut I I was nearly giving up but lately I came across Final Cut Express4 and it worked so I gave a try to Final Cut Pro 7 and lo it worked to.

Looks nice. :)

post-328400-1289575028_thumb.jpg

I'm having a devil of a time getting a new install working properly. (10.6.5, q8300, Sugo) I've tried all kinds of combinations of appleHDA.kext without success. This is my second 9300 install, my first one worked perfectly, so I'm surprised that I'm having so much trouble.

1. Sound doesn't work (tried all sorts of appleHDA combos)
  2. Sleep/Wake works via the power button but not the keyboard/mouse.
  3. After sleep the Bios gets reset. :D
  4. Can no longer see afp shares. :)

Here's my gear, Extra.zip Any help appreciated?

Thanks.

I'm having a devil of a time getting a new install working properly. (10.6.5, q8300, Sugo) I've tried all kinds of combinations of appleHDA.kext without success. This is my second 9300 install, my first one worked perfectly, so I'm surprised that I'm having so much trouble.

1. Sound doesn't work (tried all sorts of appleHDA combos)
  2. Sleep/Wake works via the power button but not the keyboard/mouse.
  3. After sleep the Bios gets reset. :)
  4. Can no longer see afp shares. :angel:

Here's my gear, Extra.zip Any help appreciated?

Thanks.

Hi, just don't give up, Geforce 9300 makes a nice small Mac I'm in love with it I build 4 pieces the first ones (2X)01 version board with only two Sata + one e-Sata no USB wake up.

The later version 03(also 2X) with three Sata + one e-Sata and working USB wake up.

The major problem with this board is the onboard Ethernet I tried for some time but no avail... alas.

The problem as you encountered is bios reset after sleep... So I decided to use either a presto Gigabit PCIe Basic

from Sonet some thing like 20-30$ and for wifi a PCIe Wifi board all are Mac compatible but you have to choose

either Ethernet or Wifi this is the price for this ITX board. On BIOS setup exclude the onboard Ethernet!

Quite some time ago I posted all that was needed on Rapidshare

the first one was Zotac_9300_ITX.zip this one worked something 10.6.3

then problem with came up with sound so I made a second package (It's all there)

with bootloader and Chameleon2RC4 It is no more a Vanilla install a in the first one and you have to install the HDA kext which is also included.

So here for the first package:

http://rapidshare.com/files/322726512/Zotac_9300_ITX.zip

and for the last one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/373568162/Cham...C4Zotac_Pkg.rar

If you have problems you just mail me.

I wish you luck ;)

Can someone send his Extra map + AppleHDA for the latest revision? I have problems with audio at the moment :P. For 10.6.5 :x.

here you are my:

/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

/Extra/dsdt.aml

/Extra/Extensions

/Extra/smbios.plist

for audio you need to also binpatch appleHDA with:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x62\x06\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

NOTE: My ethernet is workin without issue vanilla but not after sleep, the only thing that don't works is wake from usb (bios problem with any OS) and wifi of course (not using for now.)

Archivio.zip

EDIT: corrected some info about eth behavior

I've forgotten to attach the file, now it is all right I think.

I'll try eth after sleep, i'm not sure if it is workingor not.

I've also forgot to mention that my audio is patched to have one more line out instead of the rear line in.

For HDMI audio I'm pretty sure that there is the device missed in dsdt but If You are interested in testing we can try to have it working. I can't test it so I've never tried to make the patch because I have no HDMI device here.

EDIT: I can confirm the Ethernet is not working after sleep ;)

this is the code to patch appleHDA for HDMI:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x0A\x00\xDE\x10|\x0A\xC0\xDE\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

plus the dsdt addition and enabling internal and external in bios audio options.