[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

Aren't you using my dsdt, no?

what do you use for QE/CI?

I use your DSDT :). For QE/CI to ;p.

But everything works, except sleep, ethernet after sleep and HDMI audio. But sleep works before I reinstalled my OS X...

But ethernet after sleep will never work I think. On my first install sleep worked, but with a special nforce ethernet kext it breaks sleep. (That kext was specially build for nforce ethernet and my device id ;) There is a topic on InsanelyMac about it, and there stood: "Fix breaking ethernet after sleep".).

I use your DSDT ;). For QE/CI to ;p.

But everything works, except sleep, ethernet after sleep and HDMI audio. But sleep works before I reinstalled my OS X...

But ethernet after sleep will never work I think. On my first install sleep worked, but with a special nforce ethernet kext it breaks sleep. (That kext was specially build for nforce ethernet and my device id :) There is a topic on InsanelyMac about it, and there stood: "Fix breaking ethernet after sleep".).

For HDMI audio I understood that you can patch the dsdt yourself and so i've posted you just the code to patch the binary.

Eth after sleep, like wifi, for now it's not easy to make it working

Sleep is working for so many user that I think that we can solve that problem but I need to understand better your situation.

Please post a list of which kext you have in /E/E and in /S/L/E (not vanilla only patched or added after system install).

Were is your monitor connected? VGA, DVI or HDMI ? Can you try another port ? I use DVI and no problem after sleep, but VGA is working very bad, with the colour washed.

EDIT: I've made the needed change to the dsdt to have HDMI working combined with the perl code posted before to binpatch appleHDA:

dsdtMODAUDIO_GFX_HDMI.aml.zip

Thanks! I use your DSDT + your extra map. (Zevoreboot.kext , fakesmc.kext and my own wifi.kext). My sleep works, but it wakes in 3 minutes. On my first OS X install it works perfect, the sleep! But now I cant get it working ;). In my BIOS the Sleep mode is on STR 3.

My HDMI audio dont works at the moment, but your DSDT is a nice try! I saw HDAU, but maybe you need an extra "GFX onboard" in the GFX or HDEF section? I have patched the AppleHDA with your commands :). Have you an extra option with HDMI audio, when you do this?

I have only the standard audio ports. And do you know of SPDIF works? I dont know, because I cant test it. But maybe I buy in 3 months a new speakerset with SPDIF.

Here a screenshot of my audio devices:

link to the image

Thanks! I use your DSDT + your extra map. (Zevoreboot.kext , fakesmc.kext and my own wifi.kext). My sleep works, but it wakes in 3 minutes. On my first OS X install it works perfect, the sleep! But now I cant get it working :(. In my BIOS the Sleep mode is on STR 3.

My HDMI audio dont works at the moment, but your DSDT is a nice try! I saw HDAU, but maybe you need an extra "GFX onboard" in the GFX or HDEF section? I have patched the AppleHDA with your commands :). Have you an extra option with HDMI audio, when you do this?

I have only the standard audio ports. And do you know of SPDIF works? I dont know, because I cant test it. But maybe I buy in 3 months a new speakerset with SPDIF.

Here a screenshot of my audio devices:

link to the image

maybe is the patch that's wrong,dsdt should be ok, if you have win not emulated you need to check the correct ID of the hdmi device

16c9h5j.jpg

21cry9w.jpg

this is anexample from a GT240 his controller HDMI audio integrated has this id: 0x10DE000D

The vanilla on in AppleHDA : 0x10DE000A

so in this case ve need to change 0A 00 DE 10 to 0D 00 DE 10

for the zotac we used 0A 0C DE 10 with the scripts:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x0A\x00\xDE\x10|\x0A\xC0\xDE\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

but I'm not sure it is right, I have it saved some time ago for hdmi but I never used because without HDMI devices connected I can't se it in pref panel.

If it is wrong we need to repatch it.

Thanks for everyone's contribution here. As a complete noob I'm lucky to get my GF9300-D-E with 10.6.5 running in a couple of trials. With fr500's Extra.rar and Scrax's AppleHDA the graphics (VGA+HDMI) and stereo audio is working though I don't understand how all these work. Hope anyone here could help me out of the following problem.

Other OS (Ubuntu and Win7 on different harddisk) are running on the same PC. It seems that SL is preventing Ubuntu from getting on network. Every time starting Ubuntu after rebooting from SL, it can't get ethernet up. What's strange is that Win7 has no such problem and it also cures the problem. Ethernet in Ubuntu will be back again after running Win7. What has SL changed on the system? Any ideas? Thanks again.

Other OS (Ubuntu and Win7 on different harddisk) are running on the same PC. It seems that SL is preventing Ubuntu from getting on network. Every time starting Ubuntu after rebooting from SL, it can't get ethernet up. What's strange is that Win7 has no such problem and it also cures the problem. Ethernet in Ubuntu will be back again after running Win7. What has SL changed on the system? Any ideas? Thanks again.

It's a problem that other people has with hackintosh and linux, I don't know how to solve the problem but I think it's related to the not working ethernet after sleep. Maybe some wrong power management by the driver or dsdt.

do you have the problem with ubuntu after a reboot AND after a complete shutdown?

It's a problem that other people has with hackintosh and linux, I don't know how to solve the problem but I think it's related to the not working ethernet after sleep. Maybe some wrong power management by the driver or dsdt.

do you have the problem with ubuntu after a reboot AND after a complete shutdown?

I found that shutdown is not enough and unplug power is needed. That is shutdown from SL, disconnect power (maybe for some time), reconnect power, and start Ubuntu, network works as normal.

Aren't you using my dsdt, no?

what do you use for QE/CI?

Any ideas on why your DSDT won't work for me? Had to patch it myself

Got audio (front & back panel, haven't tested HDMI audio from the builtin chip), got network and QE/Ci working fine.

Can't wake up from sleep (not even pressing the power button)

ok so this code is needed to patch appleHDA (the one we patched before) for your HDMI device:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x0A\xC0\xDE\x10|\x07\x00\xDE\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

And this is the code needed to patch the original AppleHDA in case you reinstalled it:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x0A\x00\xDE\x10|\x07\x00\xDE\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Has anyone had issues with eSata drives? I have an OWC Mercury Elite Mini (Oxford 934DSB chipset), and since 10.6.4 I've had intermittent (but increasingly) issues with eSata drives not being detected/mounted after an eSata drive was unmounted and ejected. The drive is detected on bootup, but once it's been ejected and removed, plugging it in again on the eSata port doesn't trigger anything. Disk Utility can't see it either.

Hi All !

I become crazy

I install Snow leopard, GPU wok but i can't have any sound : i try applehda, legacyapplehda & alc662.kext

But nothing happenend

At the begining i hear sound activation & desactivation during boot but nothing now.

i have no idea what i muste doing ?

I install kext with kext helper & kext utility

Thank for your response (i'am french)

Finnaly after reading and reading i found the trouble : external in bios ! & it work with applehda

Thanks for everyone's contribution here. As a complete noob I'm lucky to get my GF9300-D-E with 10.6.5 running in a couple of trials. With fr500's Extra.rar and Scrax's AppleHDA the graphics (VGA+HDMI) and stereo audio is working though I don't understand how all these work. Hope anyone here could help me out of the following problem.

zHi, you can try to use the kext mentioned here instead of the original nvenet.kext (inside IONetworkFamily.kext)

say does anyone elses cpu fan control works in the bios?

no matter what I set it on, seems the cpu fan stays on full on all the time :)

I use it at 50% with the last Bios, never tested a lot the smart fan feature because with my current cpu i have 40°C in iddle and iI'm ok with that, at 100% temperature goes down only a few degrees more but it became very noisy so I prefer keep it fix at 50%.

hey there,

I got my Zotac 9300 long time ago, when it wasn`t even possible to install OSX on it.

Now it obviously IS possible, and i gonna try it for sure.

Infact, i DID try it yesterday.

My sys is the following:

Zotac 9300 D-E rev.1

Intel E5200

2,5" Macbook Hardrive (actually linked via USB)

2/4 GB OCZ Ram

I use the Chameleon Bootloader mentioned in the first post (chap 6), installed on my 8 gig Maxwell stick.

My Snow Leopard retail image is located on the HDD, which is connected to the Board via USB.

The image itself is 100% ok, I already made a few installations with it (from the same hard drive, via USB)

so the problem is the bootloader/the kext/dsdt i used.

The ones that came with the package didnt work for me, i got kernel panic (some HPET- Issues)

-> fixed with nullcpupowermanagement.kext

-> got xnu kernel panic (wrong CPU in dsdt?)

so I tried the package scrax posted before (with the dsdt modded for dualcore + macmini.plist), but this time i got ACPI kernel panic.

-> fixed, i forgot to enable ACPI in Bios

->"HPET- panic" mentioned above

-> fixed with nullcpupowermanagement

-> bootloader stucks by "trying to change a collection in the registry" right afert "MAC framework sucessfully initalized" WITOUT ANY KERNEL PANIC - just stuck

I never did a hackintosh install, so sorry for the dumb question:

Anyone Any Suggestions?

For those who are interested in it, the code:

MAC Framework sucessfully initialized
using 11796 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
Trying to change a collection in the registry
Backtrace 0x4fe732 0x5302b7 0x33add727 0x33ad2c73 0x33ad6a9e 0x5382aa 0x5364df
     Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
     com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3.2)@0x33ad0000->0x33b10fff
        dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0x33a65000
        dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamiliy(2.6)@0x33a81000
Trying to change a collection in the registry
Backtrace 0x4fe732 0x5302b7 0x33add727 0x33ad2c73 0x33ad6a9e 0x5382aa 0x5364df
     Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
     com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3.2)@0x33ad0000->0x33b10fff
        dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0x33a65000
        dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamiliy(2.6)@0x33a81000

regards

Gammelfrog

hey there,

I got my Zotac 9300 long time ago, when it wasn`t even possible to install OSX on it.

Now it obviously IS possible, and i gonna try it for sure.

Infact, i DID try it yesterday.

Have you updated the bios? I have a D-E rev1 but with the latest BIOS.

In BIOS be sure to have only USB 1 active (no high speed) because it's a bit buggy.

I have also problem if I try to boot from usb sometimes, be sure that you have only the HD conected when it boots (remove also UNB keyb and mouse just to see if it loads). Or try ith a HD connected to the sata port

hey

i updated the bios, and it finally works.

so thanks a lot man!

is there a way to get the ethernet or wifi to work?, because my extrenal USB Wlan dongle doesnt seem to work as there are no osx drivers available at all. (Fritz! Wlan USB)

Nice to hear that,

for me ethernet is working but not after sleep.

Somo other user solved his Eth problems using this method

wi-fi it's almost impossible because we need someone who can port the linux driver at least.

• 2 weeks later...
the Version DOES matter.

your model number can be found on a sticker of ur motherboard package.

Unless it is under the cpu cooler I can find the sticker.It was a friend's motherboard and he no longer has the package. so frustrating. I have leopard running but want to install snow.