[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

Scrax,

Incredible! Works great!. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it. The only strange thing is that the DVI out works but not the HDMI plug (this is true when using any driver or even the 1280x1024-only unrecognized mode, so it's probably a hardware problem). But it doesn't matter because I'm still getting HDMI audio if I use a DVI-HDMI adapter. I didn't even think that was possible.

@'knobsi'

Would you mind writing a post with your install experience with you hardware?

Record what you did. If it works I wan to buy the same thing.

Cheers!

in total.... really nice board and amazing fast !!!

generally:

i´ve choosen the bios setup mentioned on the first page and also the extra folder for Snow Kitty.

installation was going easily with chameleon 2.03 and a retail 10.6.0 image on a usb stick.

at the moment i´ve connected a vga monitor and the resolution stucks at 1024x768

lan sound sleep restart etc works pretty on 10.6.0

no wlan.... but i´m not looking for this actually....

i tested 10.6.4 with the combo update but for this files need to be optimized.

therefor i need someone who has a working dsdt file for the board (I-E), because i´ve no experience in editing the dsdt file....

so if anyone could help me ?? would be great !!!

cheers, knobsi

update !!

i´ve connected my rig with a dvi 20" cinema display et voilà: i´ve got full resolution(1680x1050)

so it seems that my vga cable isn´t soo good as i expected... but that´s history now ;-)

on 10.6.4 i´ve found actually following things to tweak:

- wake up after sleep (monitor is still black and lan is off)

- no sound

who knows how to solve these 2 things ??

cheers, knobsi

btw: isn´t it possible to rename the applehda.kext to something different and call it by boot.pls?

yup, 10.6.4 also broke the sound for me. :(

also had to reinstall the nForceLan (and delete nvenet.kext)

Came here, read a few pages and got the sound working again! ;) ;)

Thanks to everyone that keeps this thread alive!!!! You guys rock!

hey guys its been a long time!

So I havent built a hackintosh in a few years and now im back.

I have the zotac GF9300-d-e I belive ver 1. I am using a E5200 dual core proc. The system booted perfect off the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and with the retail 10.6.3 DVD. The HDMI works and the audio shows up as digital, SPDIF and the reg back stuff. But I am not getting audio out of the HDMI. I really want to have the audio come out of the HDMI as using the stereo is such a pain for the wife.

Also I read most of the posts here and would like to know if anyone could point me in the right direction for the proper kexts for my rev1 board to make everything work. I dont really understand what the DSDT things are either. I have not run multiboot or updated to 10.6.4 as I wanted to wait to see what I need first. I did see people putting up files but didnt know if they were going to wrk for my system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I still feel new to this since I have used osx since 2006 ish.

thanks in advance. :hysterical:

EDIT: So I updated to the 10.6.4 and used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with the DSDT from scrax's sig. and now it wont load up. It does the gray screen then goes black like its finishing loading then nothing. So I load up the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and -x, after some time it boots I dropped all the kexts for the nvidia one and loaded the audio one and now it still wont load. what am I doing wrong. I swear that kext utility does nothing. I have never been able to get anything to load using that. I have it in the dock and then just drop single kexts on it. then reboot. This is frustrating

NEWER EDIT: Minihack THANK YOU!!!!!! your post, 552 was exactly what I needed. was not previously able to get my video working correctly or the audio. it had really really bad hissing and now everything is working perfect except

1. HDMI audio out

2. Sleep. But I think sleep never worked even on win 7 with rev 1.

I think that the author of this topic should add minihacks 552 reply to page 1 as it really breaks it down what to do and where. The only thing I had problems with was where to put the apple.boot.plist things. and the mbios.plist

But again if anyone knows how to get HDMI audio working now please advise.

thanks

I use Evoreboot, the rebbot fix in chameleon don't works

FakeSMCMod is FakeSMC 2.5 with Yelllow icon fix included I made it to reduce the number of kext to load but after I started testing the new FakeSMC with temperature monitor I'm back to the classic IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

So now with my dsdt I use:

/Extra/Extensions/EvOreboot.kext

/Extra/Extensions/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

GF9300_Scrax.zip

yup, 10.6.4 also broke the sound for me. :(

also had to reinstall the nForceLan (and delete nvenet.kext)

Came here, read a few pages and got the sound working again! :) :)

Thanks to everyone that keeps this thread alive!!!! You guys rock!

I have no problem with the vanilla kext, what id are you using?

Have you tried my dsdt?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried installing "Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0"? I can't get desktop to work after that, loginserver crashes all the time. NVidia driver seems to load fine according to kernel.log

// Edit

Nevermind, i copied working loginserver.app from 10.6.3 and got system back to work ;-)

After a bit of trouble i've managed to patch last applehda.kext (10.6.5) for my mobo:

AppleHDA.kext.zip

NOTE: Patching the binary is not the only mod made, also info.plist in

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext

are modded to match codec id for the zotac board.

this is why previously my patched kext was not working

Hi guys,

I finally got my hackintosh working with the files provided by scrax in post #565.

core system components:

9300-ITX rev.1 D-E

E8600 Intel

9800GTX+

Though i did not check audio and wifi.

ethernet is definitely not working here.

and I am getting just 1280x1024, though i had 1920x1200 px before using scrax' extras folder.

What do you need to know, so you can help me getting things working?

Seems like i fu***d something up... boots only with -x

Here is my last configuration but for 10.6.5!:

In /Extra there is:

- dsdt.aml CPU indipendent (p-state with latest chameleon),

- smbios.plist with some ram data and iMac10,1 as modelID (MacMini3,1 is better with a dualcore CPU),

- com.apple.boot.plist modify to your taste

I've managed to have only one kext in /Extra/Extensions:

ZEvOReboot.kext I've changed the name because it's not anymore EvoReboot only, it addst also IOAHCIBlockstorage.kext and LegacyHDA inside For orange icons fix and audio routing.

In S/L/E I have fakeSMC.kext with plugins for temp and gpu, and AppleHDA.kext binpatched to have audio working.

Hi guys,

I finally got my hackintosh working with the files provided by scrax in post #565.

core system components:

9300-ITX rev.1 D-E

E8600 Intel

9800GTX+

Though i did not check audio and wifi.

ethernet is definitely not working here.

and I am getting just 1280x1024, though i had 1920x1200 px before using scrax' extras folder.

What do you need to know, so you can help me getting things working?

Seems like i fu***d something up... boots only with -x

my dsdt if for the onboard gpu, with another one I've not tested.

10.6.5_ZOTAC_Extra.zip

I have no problem with the vanilla kext, what id are you using?

Have you tried my dsdt?

scrax, sorry for late reply.. been away..

The reason I use nForceLAN is because I dual boot to Linux. With the default nvenet it would grab hold of the NIC by the balls and not release them. So when I booted into Linux, the network would not work. It would only work if I pulled the power for 5 seconds. I would work if I was in Linux and rebooted to OSX, but ONCE I've booted OSX, Linux network would not work...

Only problem is that when I install nForceLAN, reboot and shutdown don't work :P I'm going to try the evoreboot.

I've made an installer if somebody want's to try it:

Just check ONE motherboard

there's no need to select any AppleHDA patch,

but it can be used to patch AppleHDA after an upgrade

Chameleon options leave default

EDIT: New installer posted

Here a new installer optimized, with also RAID install option (it's not workin good yet)

NOTE:Line In is configured as line out (LineOut+LineInOut+HPOut=5.1analog)

Mic Rear OK

Mic Front N/A (please report if it works)

Only one kext in E/E ;);)

+ fakesmc in S/L/E

BIOS setting :

[b]Advanced BIOS Features[/b]:
>CPU Feature: 
	C1E Function			[Enabled]
	Virtualization Technology 	[Enabled]
Virus Warning				[Enabled]
CPU L3 Cache				[CPU Related]
APIC Mode				[Enabled]
[b]Advanced Chipset Features[/b]:
On Board GPU 				[always Enable]
iGPU FrameBuffer Control 		[manual]
Frame Buffer Size 			[512M]
iGPU clock 				[Auto]
[b]Integrated Peripherals[/b]:
>MPC Storage Config:
	SATA Operation Mode		[AHCI]
>Hardware Monitor: (Optional)
	CPU SmartFan Control		[Disabled]
	CPU Fan Control 		[50%]
>MCP Superio Config
	On Chip Serial Port 		[Disabled]
	MAC Lan				[Disabled]
	Machine MAC(NV) Address		[Disabled]
	Onboard Serial Port 1		[Disabled]
>USB Device Setting:
	USB Operation Mode		[High Speed]
[b]Power Management Setup[/b]:
ACPI Suspend Type 			[s3(STR)]

Chameleon2RC5_r500__Zotac_GF9300_ITX_WiFi.pkg.zip

Hi.

Well, I just flashed my BIOS with DSDT and now I do not have /Extra folder at all. In /System/Library/Extensions I have FakeSMC.kext with plugins, AppleHDA.kext and Reboot.kext (EvOReboot). I want to ask if anyone knows WTF is wrong with nVidia reset register. Chameleon bootloader pacth works good, I see 0x0CF9 and reset value in place they should be, but restart is not working. This should work for Intel processors ...

Hi.

Well, I just flashed my BIOS with DSDT and now I do not have /Extra folder at all. In /System/Library/Extensions I have FakeSMC.kext with plugins, AppleHDA.kext and Reboot.kext (EvOReboot). I want to ask if anyone knows WTF is wrong with nVidia reset register. Chameleon bootloader pacth works good, I see 0x0CF9 and reset value in place they should be, but restart is not working. This should work for Intel processors ...

The restartfix patch is only for intel chipset, not nvidia. Check this post

The restartfix patch is only for intel chipset, not nvidia. Check this post

Yeah, I know. But as far as I know RestartFix just patches FADT and then OS X can fetch that information and restart machine without any additional kexts. So, maybe nVidia has its very own magic values different from 0xCF9 and so on. I will search for nVidia documentation regarding ACPI but if I fail in my suggestions - is there any way to implement "EvOreboot-restart-method" in bootloader? Then every chipset should work.

P.S. Sorry for my poor English.

BTW, here is Mini-HOWTO I used to flash DSDT into BIOS http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1361 Works great.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have built a system with following:

1. ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX-K-E WiFi motherboard

2. Intel core 2 Q8200 CPU (quad core) 1333 FSB

3. 4GB DDR3 memory 1333mhz

4. 500GB SATA Hard drive

5. Optocal Slimline DVD RW blueray drive is also SATA

6. Case: Silverstone SG05B

For my install I am using iATKOS S3v2 10.6.3 installed OK and updated to 10.6.4 all OK.

I have managed to get Sound and Graphics with QE/CI fine. However I am having USB2 ECHI issues (USB1 working fine) and Sleep does not work. The USB2 EHCI error at boot up is:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI]: __ZN23AppleUSBEHCIDiagnostics17createDiagnosticsEP 12AppleUSBEHCI

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI - link failed.

Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI.

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI failed to load (0xdc008016).

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI (error 0xdc008016).

Couldn't alloc class "AppleUSBEHCI"

Not loading kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI - not found and kextd not available in early boot.

1. How do I fix the above USB ECHI issue?

2. Also the sleep issue?

I would be most grateful if anyone can share a working copy DSDT,EE, SLE files I can use.

Hi,

I have built a system with following:

1. ZOTAC GeForce 9300-ITX-K-E WiFi motherboard

2. Intel core 2 Q8200 CPU (quad core) 1333 FSB

3. 4GB DDR3 memory 1333mhz

4. 500GB SATA Hard drive

5. Optocal Slimline DVD RW blueray drive is also SATA

6. Case: Silverstone SG05B

For my install I am using iATKOS S3v2 10.6.3 installed OK and updated to 10.6.4 all OK.

I have managed to get Sound and Graphics with QE/CI fine. However I am having USB2 ECHI issues (USB1 working fine) and Sleep does not work. The USB2 EHCI error at boot up is:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI]: __ZN23AppleUSBEHCIDiagnostics17createDiagnosticsEP 12AppleUSBEHCI

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI - link failed.

Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI.

Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI failed to load (0xdc008016).

Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI (error 0xdc008016).

Couldn't alloc class "AppleUSBEHCI"

Not loading kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI - not found and kextd not available in early boot.

1. How do I fix the above USB ECHI issue?

2. Also the sleep issue?

I would be most grateful if anyone can share a working copy DSDT,EE, SLE files I can use.

I suggest you to use a retail install or to check if the usbehci kext in vanilla.

For sleep use EvOReboot.kext