[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

ok

2 questions; where did you put the applehda.kext and how is audio set in the bios

T

With the posted kext audio doesn't work also for me, in bios it's on codec external only and with the 10.6.3 patched AppleHDA.kext it works.

I know that I need to have codec 12 in system profiler not 662.

I believe that there are some differences in the audio of the rev.1 and rev.3 what's yours?

With the posted kext audio doesn't work also for me, in bios it's on codec external only and with the 10.6.3 patched AppleHDA.kext it works.

I know that I need to have codec 12 in system profiler not 662.

I believe that there are some differences in the audio of the rev.1 and rev.3 what's yours?

have the rev4. 9300ie and 9300ge

doesn't matter. kext is the same only layout is different > 662 or 12 in dsdt

bios audio has to be set at external for audio outputs and internal for future hdmi audio

T

have the rev4. 9300ie and 9300ge

doesn't matter. kext is the same only layout is different > 662 or 12 in dsdt

bios audio has to be set at external for audio outputs and internal for future hdmi audio

T

Thank's.

I think now I've understood why it's not working.

In AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist the layout ID is 662 i've changed it to 12, but for now i'cant test it. I'm on another machine. I'll report back if it works.

AppleHDA_1.8.7f1_ALC662_LayoutID_12.zip:

AppleHDA_1.8.7f1_ALC662_LayoutID_12.zip

Hi All!

New to the Zotac gf9300 board but I've built 3 other hackintosh's, so not a complete noob.

I tried to follow minihack's excellent DSDT guide, but my raw DSDT (boot without DSDT.aml) is so completely different from anything else I've seen here.

Ironically, CMOS-reset, LAN, restart, sleep, shutdown and video all work great without any DSDT.aml in /Extra.

I have the BIOS set for external codec but I can't find anything in my DSDT dump that looks like a sound driver, no AZAL or HDEF. Closest I can find is SPKR but I don't think that's it?

Could someone take a look at my DSDT and tell me where the audio device is?

Using a GF9300-k-e by the way. Only difference I think is the DDR3 memory.

Many Thanks

dsdt.orig.txt

Hi All!

New to the Zotac gf9300 board but I've built 3 other hackintosh's, so not a complete noob.

I tried to follow minihack's excellent DSDT guide, but my raw DSDT (boot without DSDT.aml) is so completely different from anything else I've seen here.

Ironically, CMOS-reset, LAN, restart, sleep, shutdown and video all work great without any DSDT.aml in /Extra.

I have the BIOS set for external codec but I can't find anything in my DSDT dump that looks like a sound driver, no AZAL or HDEF. Closest I can find is SPKR but I don't think that's it?

Could someone take a look at my DSDT and tell me where the audio device is?

Using a GF9300-k-e by the way. Only difference I think is the DDR3 memory.

Many Thanks

dsdt.orig.txt

my guess world be this portion in your dsdt

Device (HDAC)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)

seems to have a similar address with my audio device in the dsdt i use on my zotac board. i have the below portion in my dsdt

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)

hope it helps, cheers.

my guess world be this portion in your dsdt

Device (HDAC)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)

seems to have a similar address with my audio device in the dsdt i use on my zotac board. i have the below portion in my dsdt

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)

hope it helps, cheers.

to be shure of the address check with lspci (you need to install it or use linux) usually auidio is @ 00080000 (00:08.0)

Someone can please give feedback if the above posted AppleHDA_1.8.7f1_ALC662_LayoutID_12 is working right? Testing it right now, it doesn't works :(

I've also tried the AppleHDA_1.8.7f1_ALC662_LayoutID_662 and 662 codec id in dsdt but still no audio.

Thanks for the help!

It was HDAC.

I made the changes per Minihack's guide and suddenly I had Audio, woohoo!

Interestingly, I didn't need any extra kext's and using the 10.6.4 vanilla AppleHDA.kext. In fact S/L/E is completely vanilla.

If anyone has a GF9300-k-e here is my DSDT and E/E folder that should get you up and going. I have an E8400 CPU so the DSDT might need modifying if yours is different, or maybe not?

Extra.zip

Thanks again for the help. This is a great little board for Snow.

Extra.zip

Thanks for the help!

It was HDAC.

I made the changes per Minihack's guide and suddenly I had Audio, woohoo!

Interestingly, I didn't need any extra kext's and using the 10.6.4 vanilla AppleHDA.kext. In fact S/L/E is completely vanilla.

If anyone has a GF9300-k-e here is my DSDT and E/E folder that should get you up and going. I have an E8400 CPU so the DSDT might need modifying if yours is different, or maybe not?

Extra.zip

Thanks again for the help. This is a great little board for Snow.

Can you please tell me if your VGA output is working? And maybe also dual monitor on DVI?

After some nvcap test I can use the vga but it's not at full resolution, colors are axtremely wrong, and contrast is unwatchable, so for now it's still useless.

Now 'im upgrading the nvida driver and I hope maybe something will change...

I found an old VGA monitor and it works fine. Resolution of the monitor is only 1280x1024 so I don't know if higher resolutions work on the VGA output. Colors look OK and the contrast seems fine. I couldn't get VGA and DVI to work together (dual monitor setup). Haven't tried HDMI at all (don't have a cable or a monitor). I'm not using any DSDT mods for video or any kexts, just using Chameleon's video helper.

Hi,

I want to buy and build the system with this components:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWi...Number=15041666

I was reading and reading ... what is the best way to install Snow Leopard?

Where is the exact Extra folder i need?

Thank you.

The dsdt and extra folder i'm using is posted here

but mine is a D-E model not a I-E so you need to test it yourself.

The dsdt and extra folder i'm using is posted here

but mine is a D-E model not a I-E so you need to test it yourself.

I'm looking at the differences between the boards:

ZOTAC GF9300-D-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI Wi-Fi Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

ZOTAC GF9300-I-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI Mini ITX Intel Motherboard Screaming O/C graphics in a tiny package

D-E IE

2 3 SATA

1333Mhz 1333MHz/1066MHz FSB

DDR2 667/800 DDR2 800 Memory

These does not seem to be a problem. But then I read at I-E this:

Features

NVIDIA PureVideo HD technology

NVIDIA Hybrid SLI w/GeForceBoost

NVIDIA CUDA ready

NVIDIA PhysX ready

NVIDIA MediaShield Storage & RAID technology

Microsoft DirectX 10

Does the D-E have the same features above but are just not listet on Newegg?

Could that make a difference?

Is the D-E's graphics NOT screaming in its tiny package?

Is the D-E's graphics NOT screaming in its tiny package?

:P

I can confirm that i've never hear it screaming (in its package or outside is always mute) :P

The feature are the same, just not listed on newegg.

I think that the graphic card is the same chipset so no problem on that side, the only thing different that I know is that mine can't wake from usb, the one you listed probably can.

And there are some board with a different codec id, but this is not a problem because there are working solution for both the codec id.

what kind of wlan card is this format and are other cards available which can replace this non functional one?

i don´t want to add a stick from outside ....

It's usb

I'm using an asus wl 167g with ralink driver on 10.6.4

are you using it inside? it´s a normal stick, isn´t?

Yes you need an adapter and some space in the case, i've filled all the 3 internal USB connection with 6 more USB ports.

To avoid problem at boot with a usb drive inserted I've disabled legacy disk mode in bios under usb settings.

Also I've found that if the (alsofakeinternal) bluetooth usb key is disconnected i've no problem after wake from sleep.

If something usb2 is connected i have a power error for usb.

just to be more precise, today i've tried to install the wifiusb on another install same hardware but unsuccessfully.

Another problem still unresolved is the mute not working that can be avoided using soundflower as principal source.

Can somebody point a newb in the right direction? I have this board working fine with SL using the DSDT in this thread. I just got a new Nvidia GT 220 card I want to use. Can anyone give me any tips on how to edit the DSDT so this card works with the vanilla 10.6.4 kext?

I know how to find all the data for my card using IORegistryExplorer, and I've seen some generic templates for inserting Nvidia GT 2xx cards. But any time I try to add to the PCI0 field, I always get compiler errors.

Can somebody point a newb in the right direction? I have this board working fine with SL using the DSDT in this thread. I just got a new Nvidia GT 220 card I want to use. Can anyone give me any tips on how to edit the DSDT so this card works with the vanilla 10.6.4 kext?

I know how to find all the data for my card using IORegistryExplorer, and I've seen some generic templates for inserting Nvidia GT 2xx cards. But any time I try to add to the PCI0 field, I always get compiler errors.

Hi,

please post the code you need to inject, and i'll try to help you.

Thanks! I'm trying to add the code seen here in tmongkol's post #260 on this page:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1448833

Device (PEGP)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
			Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x09, 
				0x05
			})
			Device (GFX0)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package ()
						{
			"AAPL,slot-name",
			"PCI x16",

"@0,compatible", 
							Buffer (0x0B)
							{
								"NVDA,NVMac"
							}, 

"@0,device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"display"
							}, 

"@0,name", 
							Buffer (0x0F)
							{
								"NVDA,Display-A"
							}, 

"@1,compatible", 
							Buffer (0x0B)
							{
								"NVDA,NVMac"
							}, 

"@1,device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"display"
							}, 

"@1,name", 
							Buffer (0x0F)
							{
								"NVDA,Display-B"
							}, 

"NVCAP", 
							Buffer (0x18)
							{
								/* 0000 */	0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
								/* 0008 */	0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, 
								/* 0010 */	0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"VRAM,totalsize", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x20   //change it for your graphic card
							}, 

"device_type", 
							Buffer (0x0C)
							{
								"NVDA,Parent"
							}, 

"model", 
							Buffer (0x15)
							{
								"nVidia GeForce GT240"  //change it for your graphic card
							}, 

"rom-revision", 
							Buffer ()
							{
								"3172a"   //change it for your graphic card. I am not sure about this. Some recommended use this "3172a."
							}, 

"hda-gfx", 
							Buffer (0x0A)
							{
								"onboard-1"
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}

Device (HDAU)
			{
				Name (_ADR, One)
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					 Store (Package (0x02)
						 {
							 "hda-gfx", 
							 Buffer (0x0A)
							 {
								 "onboard-1"
							 }
						 }, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}
		}

The above is for his Galaxy GT 240 in a Gigabyte motherboard. I have a Galaxy GT 220 and of course the Zotac ITX 9300 (revision 1). The DSDT I've been I believe is the one you posted on page 29. It is attached.

dsdt.aml.zip

Here it is.

I've added the code you posted, and it compile right.

But i've tried with a GF8600 to see if It works for me (with the code for the 8600 of course) and i'm using it now but only if the gf9300 is disabled, when enabled if the internal is the firs one I can't see nothing more than the blue screen, with the 8600 as principal i get kernel panic.

I can't test HDMI...

so if you want to use the 220 instead of the 9300 I think it will work, to have them working together seems a little more complicated

220_9300test.zip

please report back your finding.

A note to all:

I'm working at the dsdt to find out why it dosn't work with the mozodojo chameleon released in this last days, i hope to have more info soon...

finally my zotac is arrived with the following options:

Geforce 9300-ITX-WiFi (GF9300-I-E)

Intel E6300 @ 2800 MHZ

2x2GB Ram

1TB Samsung Spinpoint SATA

Sony DVD Drive SATA

to use 10.6.4, are any other (updated )files necessary than these which are mentioned

under point 6 on first page of this thread?

cheers, knobsi